The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the plus 1s/2s were as enamoured with the whole set up as the actual cult of patrons seemingly are?
Hopefully once some of the peeps arrive home and scrape the peacock tit off the bottom of their flip flops...they realize their money is better spent on therapy, family or a legit charity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Hopefully once some of the peeps arrive home and scrape the peacock tit off the bottom of their flip flops...they realize their money is better spent on therapy, family or a legit charity.
Not to derail butI have just noticed you avatar from "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" cracking old film we used to watch it when I was at uni "My God you're a damn fine looking woman Mrs Muir"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You would hope but no

Jodee Risney
What a hoot!!

4h

Ginger Benson
Hysterical, I was laughing till I cried.... and it amazes me that the Spode is still on the shelves!!

4h

Kimberly Dale
Yay!!! Just hysterical😁 best dance parties are had in your kitchen...I know you're exhausted working so much... but So happy you shared this...Amaury & Natti...😘 so cute...Thank You...for sharing& posting ...XOXO

3h

This one will really make you puke

Camille Winnie
Laughed out loud several times! What a fun video! Loved seeing you and Philip dancing and flirting! We don't usually get to see such personal things and it was just lovely to witness all of it. Kitchen dancing should be a regular thing :). So excited for next week's video about Patron days. Hope to join you next year.

Nancy Jane York
You and Phillip are so darling together and he is sure a good dancer.

2h

Michele Davies
Absolutely the best!

2h

Kimi Gray
Thanks for the good vibes, fun. I dream to visit Europe someday... maybe in the next go around. TY Stephanie for the beautiful post card of your HOME! and the new room is amazing. sending hugs from finger lakes

2h

Elaine Livengood
Laugh out loud hilarious. So much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the fun.

54min

Michael T
That was a really fun look at chateau life on the wild side. I loved it… and talk about laughter, I couldn’t stop! Now it’s past 1 in the morning and I have to wind myself down and dance into dreamland.

50min

Andrés Gayoso Descalzi
What an incredibly joy-filled video! Loved everything about it! Thank you for sharing the joy with us.

31min

Maria K
Patreon day did not disappoint!!🥰 It was so much fun and very well organized!!!! It was nice to be in a small intimate group of just 6 persons. Chantal & Steven were in charge of moving us from event to event. They were a pleasure to get to know more closely. Chantal was very gracious & Steven so funny!! Meeting & talking with everyone was so much fun!! Also meeting other patreons & making new friends. It felt like we were actually part of life at Lalande for a day. From walking in the woods with Nick, (he is so passionate about his work!!) to having a delicious lunch paired with bordeaux from chateau Lagorce and presented by the beautiful Dana & Guillain (the cute goat cheese man😉). Phillip’s chateau tour & Kirstie’s potager tour were very interesting and fun!! (by the way for all those who have been wondering….Nancy stopped sitting on her eggs after a few days so no new chicks yet🙃) Amoury & Dan made me laugh as they posed for a picture together😅 The paneling for the grand salon is stunning!!🤩 And what a treat listening to a concert from Maria & Cat in the newly renovated marquis salon!! I appreciated being able to relax in the winter salon with our group & chat with Stephanie and the lovely Isabelle. 💖💖 7 hours have never gone by so fast. And we still felt like we wanted more!!!! Thank you again Stephanie, Phillip, Nati & Gerald - very gracious hosts - and thank you to all the rest of the awesome team at chateau de Lalande!!!!😘😘 I treasure the thoughtful gift of Pavlina’s special tea blend & the Lalande lavender sachet!! Not to mention the postcard of Chateau de Lalande with the lake ……..as it should be & will be again!!!!💖💖 In the end, no one wanted to leave……Stephanie…..you only got rid of us because the heavens opened up & heavy rain started right after Michael Potts took the group picture!😜💕

Jason Dubey
Wow you guys,...those moves, my God!!...LOL Good times

9h

Monty Stepura
So much fun!! I’m always up for dancing videos. Can’t wait to come and volunteer.

9h

Taunya Henderson
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was lovely!

9h

Kelly Douglas
So much fun!!!

8h

Ami Little
I think I smiled the whole video! Thank you for sharing

8h

wendy welch
How can I double <3 this! What fun fun fun. I wish so much I was there. Please promise you'll have another Patron gathering in the future. Much love to all of you crazy kookie wonderful people! xoxo

8h

Mary Starke
Amazing dance party 🎉💃🕺🪩💃🕺👯‍♂️

8h

Carolyn Padula
Life, love, and laughter in abundance. Such a gift. Thank you

8h

Joyce Burkhardt
Thank you! Wonderful way to end my day. So fun

8h

Sandra Pegum
Great to see such fun and down time xx

8h

Pauline Cassidey
What a dose of serotonin! Thank you🦚

8h

Susan and Matthew Pesselato
I really need to change dish washing soap.....or is it the water over there? so happy you're spending time with the patrons instead of vlogging. Can't wait to see what you all have been up to.

7h

Anna-Marie
What an absolute joy to watch! Love it SO much!

7h

Daniel Hammond
Thank you for the video!

7h

lucia gonzalez
Chloe is hilarious!!!! And so nice to Stephanie relaxing and enjoying the kitchen dancing!!

7h

Lora Sorkin
Hilariously fun video. Marie is priceless!

7h

Catherine McAllister
So much fun! I love the dancing! I received your Patreon thank you note in the mail and the little touches like writing my name at the top, your signature at the bottom, and the spritz of perfume made the note that much more special. xoxo

7h

Catherine S Miller

From patron page today I don't think the cult members think so they loved it

Maria K
Patreon day did not disappoint!!🥰 It was so much fun and very well organized!!!! It was nice to be in a small intimate group of just 6 persons. Chantal & Steven were in charge of moving us from event to event. They were a pleasure to get to know more closely. Chantal was very gracious & Steven so funny!! Meeting & talking with everyone was so much fun!! Also meeting other patreons & making new friends. It felt like we were actually part of life at Lalande for a day. From walking in the woods with Nick, (he is so passionate about his work!!) to having a delicious lunch paired with bordeaux from chateau Lagorce and presented by the beautiful Dana & Guillain (the cute goat cheese man😉). Phillip’s chateau tour & Kirstie’s potager tour were very interesting and fun!! (by the way for all those who have been wondering….Nancy stopped sitting on her eggs after a few days so no new chicks yet🙃) Amoury & Dan made me laugh as they posed for a picture together😅 The paneling for the grand salon is stunning!!🤩 And what a treat listening to a concert from Maria & Cat in the newly renovated marquis salon!! I appreciated being able to relax in the winter salon with our group & chat with Stephanie and the lovely Isabelle. 💖💖 7 hours have never gone by so fast. And we still felt like we wanted more!!!! Thank you again Stephanie, Phillip, Nati & Gerald - very gracious hosts - and thank you to all the rest of the awesome team at chateau de Lalande!!!!😘😘 I treasure the thoughtful gift of Pavlina’s special tea blend & the Lalande lavender sachet!! Not to mention the postcard of Chateau de Lalande with the lake ……..as it should be & will be again!!!!💖💖 In the end, no one wanted to leave……Stephanie…..you only got rid of us because the heavens opened up & heavy rain started right after Michael Potts took the group picture!😜💕
Well they got what they wanted... to be part of the Life Love and Laughter that is Lielande... They are so blinded by it all and they are happy to be so. I would feel sad for them if they had travelled all that way and had been disappointed. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they had all dispersed and listened to the chat around the kitchen table... I don't think I can watch the live chat when Patreon day is aired though.. that would be a step too far.

Imagine if someone tripped into that glass :( and that lady must be so uncomfortable on that kids chair! Incredibly insulting..
I thought at least they may have put fairy lights up, isn't that what other barn/garage users do. Try and give a magical ambience to the place. even string them across the doors if necessary..there must be loads in the attic, unless of course there is no electricity source to the garage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Not to derail butI have just noticed you avatar from "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" cracking old film we used to watch it when I was at uni "My God you're a damn fine looking woman Mrs Muir"
It's one of my favorites, love a good old movie involving👻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bunnings! Sausages !! Oh that is far to classy for Fanny to put out ! :ROFLMAO:

I mean...... for entertainment I would put FRK down the well and lets see what she finds down there!
Oh .... sorry, thats too entertaining .:eek::ROFLMAO:
We provided them with loads of games! They have no excuse for providing less than sfa.

Teabag…totally agree - manic, bloated, weight increase. Those issues could all be down to the meds for his self diagnosed ADHD. His was a channel that had a lot of potential. He really is a multi talented bloke, but who knows what his problems are. I’m pretty sure that a lot of his patrons and channel support bailed when he provided no content at all, and then did the illustrations, advertised and sold them. I wonder if he sold enough to get an idea of numbers of people who would be prepared to buy his drawings printed onto linens etc. That could be a sweet earner for him, but if he slacks off, consumers will be waiting for months, if not a year for purchases to arrive. He should do a trial run of products for Xmas. There you go MPK, I only take 50% commission 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
And what about her doing similarly with her girls...we look in the window and say which one we would choose to eat in fantasy land then walk on by 😱
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Well they got what they wanted... to be part of the Life Love and Laughter that is Lielande... They are so blinded by it all and they are happy to be so. I would feel sad for them if they had travelled all that way and had been disappointed. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they had all dispersed and listened to the chat around the kitchen table... I don't think I can watch the live chat when Patreon day is aired though.. that would be a step too far.

I thought at least they may have put fairy lights up, isn't that what other barn/garage users do. Try and give a magical ambience to the place. even string them across the doors if necessary..there must be loads in the attic, unless of course there is no electricity source to the garage.
Maria K's statement confirms what I was thinking, Steph delivered what (some/most) of the attending patreons were expecting: the great Lalande show of life, love and laughter. We tatlers are maybe just a bit more discerning ;)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
“Phil down the well” - I had a visual of him being wound or pulled up with his spray on hair washed off, and looking like a scraggly old doll with hair that a little kid had pulled out leaving only random bald patches lol

That’s the first laugh I’ve had from Patron Daze!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
I am so dreadfully sorry to hear about your son what a tragic loss for you. I hope you are wrong about Camilla the kids seemed to be tucking into steak and chips and lots of tapas so lets hope it was all a bit tongue in cheek. It is telling how weeny Camilla looked next to her slim sister though- who knows. I am also so sad to hear about what you had to endure with your Mum, narcs are truly dangerous and unfortunately if your Mum is one you can't avoid it. xxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Their big thing is forever buying tablecloths, napkins, cutlery, china,…. Setting beautiful (😵💫) tables ……. fantasising about how different plates will look with each other etc etc. She goes bonkers with OTT decorations at Christmas & every other possible reason for a made up party/celebration for her ‘mates’. We watch her at every meal out enthusing about the wonderful meals & cheese she chooses. Yet for the people who actually fund & enable her pointless lifestyle they get a flimsy paper napkin….bit of old fabric for a tablecloth, uncomfortable school chairs sitting on wobbly cobbles & what looks like unimaginative crap cheap food with no hint of a thought of it’s presentation.

I think I would have thrown the plate at her & hoped everyone else would have joined in…..
That’s the issue I have with it all and I’m sure the Patreons were expecting a grand affair too, ungrateful cow!

Reactions: 14
Maria K's statement confirms what I was thinking, Steph delivered what (some/most) of the attending patreons were expecting: the great Lalande show of life, love and laughter. We tatlers are maybe just a bit more discerning ;)
Nah. This is a person who has been led to believe that it will be a grand affair. She's visited a couple of times before. She's been given the love bombing from anyone & everyone in the place. She believes that she is genuinely in with the in crowd. She has bigged up this event to her friends about how fabulous it will be. Now, rather than appear a fool - she's carrying on the charade that it was the greatest experience of her life. In her heart she knows..when she goes back & looks at the tat that she's been given & shares her photos with her real life friends she might realise the truth...she's been being conned.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

And he was only 17.
Madam this has affected me to my core. No need to watch those stupid vacuous people. You don't deserve any more trauma in your life.With love and care from afar.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Their big thing is forever buying tablecloths, napkins, cutlery, china,…. Setting beautiful (😵💫) tables ……. fantasising about how different plates will look with each other etc etc. She goes bonkers with OTT decorations at Christmas & every other possible reason for a made up party/celebration for her ‘mates’. We watch her at every meal out enthusing about the wonderful meals & cheese she chooses. Yet for the people who actually fund & enable her pointless lifestyle they get a flimsy paper napkin….bit of old fabric for a tablecloth, uncomfortable school chairs sitting on wobbly cobbles & what looks like unimaginative crap cheap food with no hint of a thought of it’s presentation.

I think I would have thrown the plate at her & hoped everyone else would have joined in…..
Not to mention that filthy, scratched, perhaps contaminating metal tray where she threw some pieces of cheese, with not even a paper napkin to protect it from that alarming surface. Oh, but maybe she wanted to offer them a Bruegel the Older experience, with a peasants feast in the barn.

1662633222964.png

But this instead this is what they got: Van Gogh Potatoes Eaters.

1662633443518.png

I am so dreadfully sorry to hear about your son what a tragic loss for you. I hope you are wrong about Camilla the kids seemed to be tucking into steak and chips and lots of tapas so lets hope it was all a bit tongue in cheek. It is telling how weeny Camilla looked next to her slim sister though- who knows. I am also so sad to hear about what you had to endure with your Mum, narcs are truly dangerous and unfortunately if your Mum is one you can't avoid it. xxxx
Thank you so much for your words. She died last year at 95 but still managed to leave a deluge after her. I went no contact about 15 years ago and that saved my life and my other children's.
Let's hope, like you said, that Camilla's children will grow happy and healty. I must say I've heard a lot about narcs, but this food window thing is new to me. The message it conveys is terrible.

Madam this has affected me to my core. No need to watch those stupid vacuous people. You don't deserve any more trauma in your life.With love and care from afar.
Thank you. ❤ Your words moved me to tears. Thank you with all my heart.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Not to mention that filthy, scratched, perhaps contaminating metal tray where she threw some pieces of cheese, with not even a paper napkin to protect it from that alarming surface. Oh, but maybe she wanted to offer them a Bruegel the Older experience, with a peasants feast in the barn.

View attachment 1563942

But this instead this is what they got: Van Gogh Potatoes Eaters.

View attachment 1563957

Thank you so much for your words. She died last year at 95 but still managed to leave a deluge after her. I went no contact about 15 years ago and that saved my life and my other children's.
Let's hope, like you said, that Camilla's children will grow happy and healty. I must say I've heard a lot about narcs, but this food window thing is new to me. The message it conveys is terrible.
Yes you have to be so careful with children around food and your experience with your Mum is utterly brutal. The only way to save yourself from narcs is to have them out of your life but still very hard when said person is your Mum-very dangerous. Sending you a big virtual hug.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First of all Congratulations 🍾 ❤to all the Tattlers who reached the VIP status. Please forgive me if I'm not mentioning all their names. And thanks to the wonderful thread titles as well. I have been trying to follow everything that has happened and indeed is a lot. Or, maybe, not so much. I'm not going to comment on the Patrons' day débacle as you have already said it all. After all, what else should one expect from SJ? She and her lot are their ususal and so they'll always be.
My only remark is that she was very careful in not disclosing that they were indeed getting ready for the event, although with those very insulting results. I gather she did that just to mock us, and in fact we thought that there were no preparations going on. Well, there weren't many, but still they had to make some room in the garage, get the chairs, setting the tables etc. @Clara Burnett told us they weren't doing anything, that everything was quiet as usual, but perhaps they did all at the last moment.
If the old ladies are happy to be conned and treated like a herd, stuffed in a filthy, dangerous storage place, seated on chairs fit for kindergarten children, well, good for them. From what I could see, they look to be very simple people and probably their idea of a fairytale castle is very low standard.

I wanted to talk instead about the nastiness, cruelty and sadism of that Camilla woman, when she put in front of her daaarling husband a tray full of mouthwatering pastries just to "test his resistance" and went on sadistically describing the characteristics of each one of them.
It was humiliating, she made him look ridiculous in front of the world and took pleasure in torturing him with her fake upper class accent and unnatural always controlled behaviour.
If I were Ollie, I would have been furious, have smacked her botoxed face and eaten everything, plus, sent her to hell.
When you are on a diet, the last thing you want to see is an anorexic woman, severely obsessed with fitness activity torturing me by putting cakes under my nose. You know that this was one of the practices used by nazis in order to extract confessions from starved prisoners?
She has a problem with food and is a control freak.
I found the whole act just disgusting.
Well I'm on a diet (have to lose 15kg for an Op in December) and it wouldn't have worried me. I'm sure they had talked about it before hand, as it must be hard to come up with content ideas. What she should have done was have one in a bag and let him have that at the end, like a dog reward! He will get to eat some at the neighbour when they go to dinner.
Olly doesn't mind having the joke on him, he does it all the time to himself too, and did again with his sanding of the chair in this video.
I really liked seeing the people climbing up to make the towers that was amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can someone maybe crop/blowup the group photo? I am trying to sort out who is actually friends an or guest. I can spot several other Youtubers, family members etc.
I count 20 patrons in that shot, not including their plus ones. Poor turnout. But thats what she wanted

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.