The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
KiKiGee, post: 11616912, member: 216710
View attachment 1561541 View attachment 1561518 View attachment 1561519

Patron, Maria K does not look happy and she has been there since last week. 👆

From 9/1/22 live chat...
Maria K I’m excited to be arriving at Lalande tomorrow!!@The chateau diaries
The Chateau Diaries @Maria K That’s fantastic! We’re so happy to see you again

She has visited before and had the opportunity to meet Philip Janssen's parents.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was charged a premium for her stay unless she is a volunteer slave and has been love bombed. Well well, what a crappy event this turned out to be from as seen on tv. Not a marquee? fake promises as usual and mismatched tables and chairs set up in the peacock poo garage. Id be pissed as a patreon to be treated like that feed like a pig in a garage with cheap as pastry pie and bit of cheese and cheap plonk to boot.
Even Ashtray and Teresa at Escape to the Nightmare had a proper tent and nice outdoor furniture for their recent Open Day. I guess daily Emmaus shopping by Fill-Up meant there was no money left to do the Patron Days in style. Even the flower arranger had apparently no budget or materials with which to work - just weeds in a few bottles.

Reactions: 13
Here you go ya filthy animals

This was actually the very first video that I couldn't watch due to the cringe factor and second hand embarrassment. There is reason why some things are private and not published for world to see :p

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Finally...... I just caught up with the last threads. It took me five days!! And I scrolled through some of the not HMN relevant posts.

Now, let's feed my starving cat, the one in my avatar.

Speaking of Avatar, am I on your list, too, @Jules100 ? I didn't see mine in the past threads and as suggested seached for it in your post, but couldn't find either. I'd really appreciate a tile :love:

Edit: spelling

• Heart
Reactions: 11
First of all Congratulations 🍾 ❤to all the Tattlers who reached the VIP status. Please forgive me if I'm not mentioning all their names. And thanks to the wonderful thread titles as well. I have been trying to follow everything that has happened and indeed is a lot. Or, maybe, not so much. I'm not going to comment on the Patrons' day débacle as you have already said it all. After all, what else should one expect from SJ? She and her lot are their ususal and so they'll always be.
My only remark is that she was very careful in not disclosing that they were indeed getting ready for the event, although with those very insulting results. I gather she did that just to mock us, and in fact we thought that there were no preparations going on. Well, there weren't many, but still they had to make some room in the garage, get the chairs, setting the tables etc. @Clara Burnett told us they weren't doing anything, that everything was quiet as usual, but perhaps they did all at the last moment.
If the old ladies are happy to be conned and treated like a herd, stuffed in a filthy, dangerous storage place, seated on chairs fit for kindergarten children, well, good for them. From what I could see, they look to be very simple people and probably their idea of a fairytale castle is very low standard.

I wanted to talk instead about the nastiness, cruelty and sadism of that Camilla woman, when she put in front of her daaarling husband a tray full of mouthwatering pastries just to "test his resistance" and went on sadistically describing the characteristics of each one of them.
It was humiliating, she made him look ridiculous in front of the world and took pleasure in torturing him with her fake upper class accent and unnatural always controlled behaviour.
If I were Ollie, I would have been furious, have smacked her botoxed face and eaten everything, plus, sent her to hell.
When you are on a diet, the last thing you want to see is an anorexic woman, severely obsessed with fitness activity torturing me by putting cakes under my nose. You know that this was one of the practices used by nazis in order to extract confessions from starved prisoners?
She has a problem with food and is a control freak.
I found the whole act just disgusting.
And what about her doing similarly with her girls...we look in the window and say which one we would choose to eat in fantasy land then walk on by 😱

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
What I don't get is why you wouldn't want to? And she doesn't want to shine, and she doesn't shine. I suppose she thinks she does and is.
I think you hit it right.....I believe she thinks she is the epitome of elegance and class and that she is putting on the fête to end all fêtes!
That Patron food was really no different than the Easter food, was it? And those people at Easter were here friends!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It looks like the exhibitionist princess had her dress majorly altered to maximize the cleavage on display.

I would be one pissed off Patron if traveled to the dump and was placed in a half emptied garage, seated on cheap wood chairs, paying for a sorry meal on fold out tables with crumpled tablecloths and paper napkins. Especially after the videos of extravagant table settings, etc. in the Dump. Fanny is so disrespectful to the Patrons.
Are the patrons paying for their meals for the days that were meant to thank them? The more pieces of info that come from there, the more annoyed I’m becoming.

I was never a patron, but at the beginning it crossed my mind to help with restoration. I went as far as looking at the exchange rates and decided that I wouldn’t do it. I’m so glad I didn’t.

Now, I’m even beginning to feel sorry for the people who have been totally duped. They’re all older, probably retired and as others have said, those people were probably lonely, and thought they belonged to a special group. Bloody hell!

Also, I thought a lady closest to the camera, on the left, of the group photo in that putrid garage, was eating from a paper plate.

The gall of the poor excuse for a human being. I do hope that she’s brought undone and is made to pay for stealing from people.. Further, everyone involved, complicit, even in the know should be punished too 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Are the patrons paying for their meals for the days that were meant to thank them? The more pieces of info that come from there, the more annoyed I’m becoming.

I was never a patron, but at the beginning it crossed my mind to help with restoration. I went as far as looking at the exchange rates and decided that I wouldn’t do it. I’m so glad I didn’t.

Now, I’m even beginning to feel sorry for the people who have been totally duped. They’re all older, probably retired and as others have said, those people were probably lonely, and thought they belonged to a special group. Bloody hell!

Also, I thought a lady closest to the camera, on the left, of the group photo in that putrid garage, was eating from a paper plate.

The gall of the poor excuse for a human being. I do hope that she’s brought undone and is made to pay for stealing from people.. Further, everyone involved, complicit, even in the know should be punished too 😡
I don't think they are being charged for the meals per se, I think people are just referring to them paying heavily for a paltry lunch via their contributions to patron

• Heart
Reactions: 18
and people pay how much a month to watch drivel like that, reminded me of boarding school on a Saturday night. They are how old?
Absolutely this! It’s insulting to anyone’s intelligence or even the basest idea of what is ‘entertainment’ …… and they think their money is securing extra special treatment & consideration!! I wish we could see the comments as surely there must be wide scale dissent? She knew these ‘busy’ days were coming up … she should have prepared something more substantial to watch well ahead. Poor fools.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Let's remind ourselves of what Fanny was saying when she spoke on her Patron video about the summer party.
At the time I commented :
Patron Open Day
She says 'we have to limit it to a few hundred per day' 🤣 🤣 (in her dreams)
Guided tours - say 200 people turn up on a day 😁😁 - 10 in each group - 20 tours each lasting an hour...you haven't done the maths again have you Fanny 🤣🤣
Light lunch offered : yep Fanny we've seen your catering - best to minimise expectations before the hungry hoards turn up. I see a market for a 'Dana's Burgers' van at the chateau gates.
Some of the hilarious quotes 👇

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
What I don't get is why you wouldn't want to? And she doesn't want to shine, and she doesn't shine. I suppose she thinks she does and is.
Their big thing is forever buying tablecloths, napkins, cutlery, china,…. Setting beautiful (😵💫) tables ……. fantasising about how different plates will look with each other etc etc. She goes bonkers with OTT decorations at Christmas & every other possible reason for a made up party/celebration for her ‘mates’. We watch her at every meal out enthusing about the wonderful meals & cheese she chooses. Yet for the people who actually fund & enable her pointless lifestyle they get a flimsy paper napkin….bit of old fabric for a tablecloth, uncomfortable school chairs sitting on wobbly cobbles & what looks like unimaginative crap cheap food with no hint of a thought of it’s presentation.

I think I would have thrown the plate at her & hoped everyone else would have joined in…..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
From a business perspective, Stephanie blew it big time! The whole event looked sad and cheap...not great advertising for bringing in new top tier patrons. She missed out on tons of content for YT, she could've easily, months in advance, engaged her audience with bits and pieces of what to expect. If she had put something together similar to this picture I'd be impressed, instead she showed us a true reflection of her inner self.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 38
You guessed it. Also, for who's interested in numbers of patrons attending: they let go of the plus-one-rule. Some brought more than one family member, which makes sense since they were holidaying in the area anyway. But it does distort the picture of the turn out, doesn't it.
I wonder if the plus 1s/2s were as enamoured with the whole set up as the actual cult of patrons seemingly are?

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Absolutely this! It’s insulting to anyone’s intelligence or even the basest idea of what is ‘entertainment’ …… and they think their money is securing extra special treatment & consideration!! I wish we could see the comments as surely there must be wide scale dissent? She knew these ‘busy’ days were coming up … she should have prepared something more substantial to watch well ahead. Poor fools.
You would hope but no

Jodee Risney
What a hoot!!

4h

Ginger Benson
Hysterical, I was laughing till I cried.... and it amazes me that the Spode is still on the shelves!!

4h

Kimberly Dale
Yay!!! Just hysterical😁 best dance parties are had in your kitchen...I know you're exhausted working so much... but So happy you shared this...Amaury & Natti...😘 so cute...Thank You...for sharing& posting ...XOXO

3h

This one will really make you puke

Camille Winnie
Laughed out loud several times! What a fun video! Loved seeing you and Philip dancing and flirting! We don't usually get to see such personal things and it was just lovely to witness all of it. Kitchen dancing should be a regular thing :). So excited for next week's video about Patron days. Hope to join you next year.

Nancy Jane York
You and Phillip are so darling together and he is sure a good dancer.

2h

Michele Davies
Absolutely the best!

2h

Kimi Gray
Thanks for the good vibes, fun. I dream to visit Europe someday... maybe in the next go around. TY Stephanie for the beautiful post card of your HOME! and the new room is amazing. sending hugs from finger lakes

2h

Elaine Livengood
Laugh out loud hilarious. So much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the fun.

54min

Michael T
That was a really fun look at chateau life on the wild side. I loved it… and talk about laughter, I couldn’t stop! Now it’s past 1 in the morning and I have to wind myself down and dance into dreamland.

50min

Andrés Gayoso Descalzi
What an incredibly joy-filled video! Loved everything about it! Thank you for sharing the joy with us.

31min

Maria K
Patreon day did not disappoint!!🥰 It was so much fun and very well organized!!!! It was nice to be in a small intimate group of just 6 persons. Chantal & Steven were in charge of moving us from event to event. They were a pleasure to get to know more closely. Chantal was very gracious & Steven so funny!! Meeting & talking with everyone was so much fun!! Also meeting other patreons & making new friends. It felt like we were actually part of life at Lalande for a day. From walking in the woods with Nick, (he is so passionate about his work!!) to having a delicious lunch paired with bordeaux from chateau Lagorce and presented by the beautiful Dana & Guillain (the cute goat cheese man😉). Phillip’s chateau tour & Kirstie’s potager tour were very interesting and fun!! (by the way for all those who have been wondering….Nancy stopped sitting on her eggs after a few days so no new chicks yet🙃) Amoury & Dan made me laugh as they posed for a picture together😅 The paneling for the grand salon is stunning!!🤩 And what a treat listening to a concert from Maria & Cat in the newly renovated marquis salon!! I appreciated being able to relax in the winter salon with our group & chat with Stephanie and the lovely Isabelle. 💖💖 7 hours have never gone by so fast. And we still felt like we wanted more!!!! Thank you again Stephanie, Phillip, Nati & Gerald - very gracious hosts - and thank you to all the rest of the awesome team at chateau de Lalande!!!!😘😘 I treasure the thoughtful gift of Pavlina’s special tea blend & the Lalande lavender sachet!! Not to mention the postcard of Chateau de Lalande with the lake ……..as it should be & will be again!!!!💖💖 In the end, no one wanted to leave……Stephanie…..you only got rid of us because the heavens opened up & heavy rain started right after Michael Potts took the group picture!😜💕

Jason Dubey
Wow you guys,...those moves, my God!!...LOL Good times

9h

Monty Stepura
So much fun!! I’m always up for dancing videos. Can’t wait to come and volunteer.

9h

Taunya Henderson
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was lovely!

9h

Kelly Douglas
So much fun!!!

8h

Ami Little
I think I smiled the whole video! Thank you for sharing

8h

wendy welch
How can I double <3 this! What fun fun fun. I wish so much I was there. Please promise you'll have another Patron gathering in the future. Much love to all of you crazy kookie wonderful people! xoxo

8h

Mary Starke
Amazing dance party 🎉💃🕺🪩💃🕺👯‍♂️

8h

Carolyn Padula
Life, love, and laughter in abundance. Such a gift. Thank you

8h

Joyce Burkhardt
Thank you! Wonderful way to end my day. So fun

8h

Sandra Pegum
Great to see such fun and down time xx

8h

Pauline Cassidey
What a dose of serotonin! Thank you🦚

8h

Susan and Matthew Pesselato
I really need to change dish washing soap.....or is it the water over there? so happy you're spending time with the patrons instead of vlogging. Can't wait to see what you all have been up to.

7h

Anna-Marie
What an absolute joy to watch! Love it SO much!

7h

Daniel Hammond
Thank you for the video!

7h

lucia gonzalez
Chloe is hilarious!!!! And so nice to Stephanie relaxing and enjoying the kitchen dancing!!

7h

Lora Sorkin
Hilariously fun video. Marie is priceless!

7h

Catherine McAllister
So much fun! I love the dancing! I received your Patreon thank you note in the mail and the little touches like writing my name at the top, your signature at the bottom, and the spritz of perfume made the note that much more special. xoxo

7h

Catherine S Miller

From a business perspective, Stephanie blew it big time! The whole event looked sad and cheap...not great advertising for bringing in new top tier patrons. She missed out on tons of content for YT, she could've easily, months in advance, engaged her audience with bits and pieces of what to expect. If she had put something together similar to this picture I'd be impressed, instead she showed us a true reflection of her inner self.
From patron page today I don't think the cult members think so they loved it

Maria K
Patreon day did not disappoint!!🥰 It was so much fun and very well organized!!!! It was nice to be in a small intimate group of just 6 persons. Chantal & Steven were in charge of moving us from event to event. They were a pleasure to get to know more closely. Chantal was very gracious & Steven so funny!! Meeting & talking with everyone was so much fun!! Also meeting other patreons & making new friends. It felt like we were actually part of life at Lalande for a day. From walking in the woods with Nick, (he is so passionate about his work!!) to having a delicious lunch paired with bordeaux from chateau Lagorce and presented by the beautiful Dana & Guillain (the cute goat cheese man😉). Phillip’s chateau tour & Kirstie’s potager tour were very interesting and fun!! (by the way for all those who have been wondering….Nancy stopped sitting on her eggs after a few days so no new chicks yet🙃) Amoury & Dan made me laugh as they posed for a picture together😅 The paneling for the grand salon is stunning!!🤩 And what a treat listening to a concert from Maria & Cat in the newly renovated marquis salon!! I appreciated being able to relax in the winter salon with our group & chat with Stephanie and the lovely Isabelle. 💖💖 7 hours have never gone by so fast. And we still felt like we wanted more!!!! Thank you again Stephanie, Phillip, Nati & Gerald - very gracious hosts - and thank you to all the rest of the awesome team at chateau de Lalande!!!!😘😘 I treasure the thoughtful gift of Pavlina’s special tea blend & the Lalande lavender sachet!! Not to mention the postcard of Chateau de Lalande with the lake ……..as it should be & will be again!!!!💖💖 In the end, no one wanted to leave……Stephanie…..you only got rid of us because the heavens opened up & heavy rain started right after Michael Potts took the group picture!😜💕

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Sorry Fanny...more of Lin's photos...
Given that the external Rose stone is cracked as well as the disrepair of the inside of the chapel, should it not have been cordoned off completely. People are standing directly under that external Rose to take photographs of the interior, even opening and closing those heavy doors could possibly trigger some form of movement, maybe I'm being dramatic but surely if you attended an event anywhere there was a building that posed structural issues, should it not be sectioned off with warning signs? Yes there were barriers inside of the chapel but they were placed beyond the damage in the corner.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The "Dancing in the kitchen" video was a lot more fun than all these boring "Let's decorade this Toile room for the 10 week in a row" vlogs. I'd wish she'd do more vlogs like this.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.