The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone maybe crop/blowup the group photo? I am trying to sort out who is actually friends an or guest. I can spot several other Youtubers, family members etc.
Thank you for posting this. I'm afraid I couldn't watch it all (even fast forwarding) it is cringeworthy. I had to stop when Fanny started singing and dancing to the Spice Girls umm Fanny hasn't got the moves has she.The vlog opening again with her in her Emmaus charity highly flammable Granny nightie. I hope her timelines are really messed up otherwise this thing will have to be surgically removed and will definitely walk to the washing machine on its own. @Clara Burnett glad you're okay if knackered. I can't imagine how you do it must be exhausting it is truly like being dumped into a cult. Hope your stomach is okay after lunch. You would have thought she could have poached a whole salmon at least with some Hollandaise and lots of salads, I have never seen Mozarella like this, don't you normally tear Mozzarella this stuff is in solid chunks. She never does French food? Comment on patron vlog "you had to be there" because watching it second hand was nauseating like watching performing chimps faux fun

Reactions: 21
I’m only counting about 40 guests. And as they are likely travelling in pairs or family/friend groups, there could be only as low as 20 patreon payees represented. Out of 3500 that is not a lot.

Didn’t gay minister who sloppered all over Philip giving him a plastic blazer say he had changed his European travel dates to be at La La for first day? I am looking out for him.

As discussed by others, I no longer feel sorry for these patreons.
I think the minister Kenneth Somebody is on the group photo-Day 1. Top left, next to Pavlina.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I must have lived in a cave for the past few weeks! I didn’t know or realise that patreons paid for their lunch!! 🤪 I should have known better! Can’t she afford to offer the lunch.
Amoury can’t even get dressed properly for them, 🤢 he does when he serves the porcelain fondler and guests.
I would have been really annoyed if I was offered a barn lunch with hard chairs and no extras like she shows in her vlogs!! The only thing they saw of the vlog life is a tour with Phiphi. Sad, shame on you château diaries. 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I've still some pages to read but just want to say, I don't think that is Sarah on the left.
Only one more day @Clara Burnett . Hope today is easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've still some pages to read but just want to say, I don't think that is Sarah on the left.
I think you are right - that lady appears to be wearing a sticky name badge. This looks like Steve (far left) - I recognise those chunky calves.
Where is FRK in the group photo?

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 07.20.08.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't really like to comment on how people look, since not everyone can look as fabulous as me (yes, I'm JOKING!), but, really, Amaury's mother is sort of morphing into Queen Victoria. No offense to the Queen! Seriously, is she wearing a tiara or crown?

I see what looks like Sarah from Manor & Maker over on the left side, looking a bit frump-a-dump, but I don't see her husband?
It looks like only Patrons have on the stick on nametags.
And poor Dan.....all alone there. Amaury looks to have a new bro now. And, for once, Natti isn't glued to him like a fly on fly-paper.
Even Phillip is way in the back.
Pretty revealing that there are more "guests" than Patrons.
Re: stick on name tags. Do I see that there are 3 different colour nametags on patreons? Red, green or blue :unsure: ? If so, what's the purpose of this colourcoding? (food allergies?:ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
  • Wow
I look at the pictures and I think “yes, water does seek its own level”.
High quality finds
I must have lived in a cave for the past few weeks! I didn’t know or realise that patreons paid for their lunch!! 🤪 I should have known better! Can’t she afford to offer the lunch.
Amoury can’t even get dressed properly for them, 🤢 he does when he serves the porcelain fondler and guests.
I would have been really annoyed if I was offered a barn lunch with hard chairs and no extras like she shows in her vlogs!! The only thing they saw of the vlog life is a tour with Phiphi. Sad, shame on you château diaries. 😡
I'm stunned that the patrons were so stupid that they paid for lunch!! Well, good luck to SJ and IJ. They read the room right. Anyone who sends them money after this deserves to be rinsed!! Maybe Queen Phillipa out of the Netherlands will get pregnant and drop a litter!! They're future is assured.
Still stunned that the patrons are so stupid.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Re: stick on name tags. Do I see that there are 3 different colour nametags on patreons? Red, green or blue :unsure: ? If so, what's the purpose of this colourcoding? (food allergies?:ROFLMAO:)
Fanmeister said they cannot accomodate any special diet restrictions.... I found that weird since Philippa is allergic to so many things. Including pussy.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I've been thinking about this (and all the subsequent comments re tablecloths etc), these were our expectations, knowing how Steph lives, and having an educated guess about her income / life style expenses. But what the patreons got was what they probably fell in love with during the pandemic, a suggestion of bohème and easy going life style (I even liked it myself, for a short while!). Steph needs them to keep on believing this alternate reality, to ensure a steady income. So: probably they are all happy, and I am for them, it would be horrible to have them spend so much of their savings for this trip, just to wake up to a different reality. Well, we'll hear from our undercover agents, whether the patreons are all so happily naive.

Reactions: 17
Maybe the category of patron.
Very stupid (top tier - blue)
Plain stupid ( middle tier - green)
Just daft ( bottom tier - red).
Depending on your tier depends what you can eat drink and see of the château.
This is a fantastic method to ensure you don't waste too much energy, food and wine on the cheapies who are in the lower tiers....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Probably represents monthly money donation contribution level. That way the LieLanders will know who the big fish donors are and suck up to them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Brenda’s Original Post

What are the most important things in life?
To be healthy, happy & kind would be a fairly good trio of assets to start with.
I am always saying, do things that make you happy. For some of us that might be, reading, cooking, supporting a football team or maybe even scaling very tall buildings half naked!! to name a few. Not all of us will enjoy those topics & will shudder at the thought of having to endure them....but then of course we are blessed with choice, the ability to choose to do what we want.
Most members here have a few common threads, the love of all things French, Chateaux with a special emphasis on Chateau de Lalande. Without a doubt there are many members of society who would cry at the thought of having to endure our chosen topics, just as I would struggle to play a game of bingo, attend a football match or go for a cycle. However, I couldn't see myself going onto a social platform to scandalise & ridicule the people who do, nor would I get on a soap box about the way the football clubs etc are managed, how they attract members or indeed what profit they make off them. Again we have a choice, watch the game in the local pub, watch the game at home using a streaming service, watch the game live @ stadium or buy the latest jersey & watch the game @ the stadium. All these choices come with a price tag, as with any hobby.
It is much the same for us, we can watch The Chateau Diaries on You Tube plus we have the added bonus to become patrons...that is our choice, it won't be everyone's choice for different reasons.
However, if you get enjoyment out of being a Patron & it makes you happy...that is all that counts.Embrace it & participate. You only have to justify your choices to yourself & your God, no one else.
Since records began there have always been people who enjoy judging others....it is their hobby, one that has increased in popularity with the internet. We will never change it, just as we can't change the stripes on a zebra. Is it right or is it wrong, is it jealousy is it this or that.....I don't think we should beat ourselves up about it. If it makes them happy...let them batter on
We too will batter on, continuing to enjoy what makes us happy.
Life is too short to spend it getting our knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks....especially strangers.....

Response from Neil
Well said! I made a long comment about patrons complaining about the fact that they didn’t see what they paid for.
In the nicest of terms I explained they had misunderstood the terms of being a patron. They didn’t determine what was shown, the content was determined by Stephanie or the other YOuTuber putting out the vlogs. To think that you are a patron and as a result can determine and drive the content is completely the opposite to what being a patron is.
I’m a lowly patron but the disgusting comments I’ve seen have made me really despise the way they think their money they’ve freely donated should drive the content and the restoration of the chateaux. It doesn’t, never did, never will. To think that your donation will drive content shows that you have completely misunderstood what being a patron means both now and historically.
Da Vinci was patroned by the Medici yet they never told him how to paint, they gave him a subject and he painted it in his own way.
Patrons donate freely and that should allow the chatelaine to use the money for the necessary work or restoration needed. To demand to see restoration projects in progress is not what you pay for. You will be regularly shown, often monthly where your money has been spent but that doesn’t mean that you get to see it. There are other contracts involved.
Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.
She doesn’t need to be so open about the spending of her own money such as the monetisation of the diary vlogs and does so transparently on Cadeaux at the Chateau purely as she wishes to give back to the community that have been so generous to her.
Patrons, no one is forcing you to donate. Your donations are for the chatelaine to do with as is needed and it’s their decision to report transparently to the patrons where their money is spent. You don’t have the right to drive content, demand to see progress on projects or make demands on what should or shouldn’t be done.
We are financial supporters and that is all we are.
I for one patron am delighted to receive an extra video a week and know where my money was spent. Providing its going to the betterment of La Lande and its community I am so very happy that I’m making a difference.

Brenda to Neil
I understand where you are coming from. Patreon is a subscription we pay to enable creators to have a steady income in order to allow them to pursue a creative career that would not be possible without that income stream. In return, we receive exclusive content relating to the creator. That income belongs to the creator, as patrons we have no say what so ever how they spend or save it, as long as we receive content we have no grounds to groan, if we don't enjoy the content, unsubscribe, its a monthly system so cancelling is easy. Stephanie however done something very unique from day 1 of her patreon, she pledged that she would use all her patreon income to restore the chateau. This was not only a good marketing tool, it also gave patrons a feeling that they were part of the restoration team at Lalande. Each month goals would be set to raise a certain amount plus patrons would vote on what the next project should be. This level of inclusion has given some people the impression they have a greater say. Stephanie has come under fire, & some very unkind comments have been made that she is funding the restoration of her home through donations. This is very untrue, & inaccurate. Stephanie has NEVER set up go fund me type appeal. Just like Sky we sign up to a certain package, we pay a subscription we view the channels within our package, Patreon is the same.....I often wonder did Rupert Murdock get the same scrutiny when he had a 39% stake in Sky!!! Stephanie uses the restoration of Lalande for her content, but, what projects she decides to undertake, how she project manages it , is her sole decision....well maybe Isabelle has a casting vote!!, just as a Sky subscriber has no influence over what programs Sky purchases!. On a personal note, I do not think Stephanie should provide any accounts to Patrons.

Neil to Escape to Chateau de Lalande & More
I’m unsure what you are telling me. Am I out of line for saying what I did?
Please explain what I said was wrong as I’m fully supporting Stephanie and La Lande.

Brenda to Neil
no you are not wrong,absolutely not, I am only explaining 1st the concept of Patreon, because people out there do believe it is a donation platform, & some believe they are donating to a project. Stephanie made a pact with herself & her patrons that she would use her income from her Patreon channel to fund the restoration on the chateau. Then, I was just explaining why some patrons will come across as if they have a "say" in the order of things, if you watch the earlier patreon vlogs, where there were monthly targets etc. More recently larger projects have been undertaken which have been time intensive, for example The Marquis suite. Some people were upset because we didn't see the ongoing progress of this & had to wait until it was aired on C4. Some people felt short changed. The truth of the matter is that program has a global viewership, which in turn highlights The Chateau Diaries channel & Patreon maintaining & helping their support grow. The cost of this exposure on a rate card basis would be prohibitive. Therefore it is an excellent commercial decision to contribute to the series. It was just unfortunate that this project was very labour intensive, very much worth it I am sure we can agree. Of course Stephanie wants to keep everyone happy, but sometimes it is not possible to make an omelette unless we crack the eggs. No you were not wrong, I am just highlighting views from every perspective.We should just watch & enjoy the content as it is available & as you say place no pressure on anyone.

Then ANOTHER person joins in.

When people get notoriety people get jealous. The smear videos are like the National inquirer they get traction off of Stephanie’s notoriety .
So what right do they get to complain when they are using Stephanie’s own work to get monetized.
But the jokes on them even negative press drives up Stephanie’s social media and YouTube channel.
Psalm23:5

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

And Stephanie sows goodness . She takes gifts and gives back by opening them on air . Sowing into Charities.

She helps her fellow Chateau owners and their Channels.

Stephanie understands
A secret of sowing kindness . Videography is hard work. The software a learning curve Video equipment hard work.
Waiting on upload can be hours especially if YouTube glitches.

If you listen to Chateau DIY just electrics and water and heat start at 6000 a month to run a basic Chateaux some up to 15,000. That’s just the monthly expenses .
Dear Neil, wake up Lil suzie....
(fun fact I always read charlataine)
It's true, people invest much much money into illusions BUT... If you set goals.. And your supporters want you to reach them (oh I'm so cold I have to be packed in hot water bottles, even hospital)... Why would you live a hedonistic lifestyle, waste all that's been given on crap....
Don't worship any HUMAN the Bible says, you both just might have to read it thoroughly and not abuse a psalm that fits you. ..
Is it "I tip the stripper.. She dances as she pleases.. Even in a diving suit..." argumentation
Brenda, I truly prefer Caroline gooder

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
To me, the silence was completely expected. If they say they were there on day 1, vs day 2 or 3, it slims down the list of suspects by a lot, and I assume they want to remain anonymous. If they wait until the end of the 3 days, they remain one of any instead of one from a few.
Thank you @marieitis. Really good points. I just hadn't thought it through deeply enough, had I? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
I wondered if that was Sarah as well.

Someone earlier that the colours denoted groups for the indoor chateau tours etc.

Reactions: 12
Thank you @Le Baiseur 🙌, it is not an easy task to start a new thread.
I have done it once. 🥵
❤ @ComtesseRose for keeping us on track.

About the dress...

View attachment 1561480

From the live chat...
Maria B @The Chateau Diaries beautiful dress. Goes perfect with the room!!!
bee french @jill Scott yes Stephanie’s dress is perfect with the rich tapestry colours of the apartment
The Chateau Diaries @Maria B I chose it especially!

From the comments...
Stephanie
2 days ago
Once again I have to ask where Stephanie got her dress or what brand it is? Also the gold necklace please, the entire outfit is gorgeous
The Chateau Diaries
2 days ago
Thank you! The necklace was a gift from my parents about 20 years ago. I bought the dress second hand in ‘Pandoras’ in Knightsbridge. It’s by Erdem

View attachment 1561295
Now, about the patron's garage luncheon.... an oil tank, the Lalande door and window salvage, stacked fire wood, not to be out done by school room seating, it is a shameful display. No one looks happy.

View attachment 1561313

View attachment 1561329
None of those patrons are kitted out in clobber (clothes) that would cost anywhere near the cost of that dress, even if it was “second hand,” which is somehow meant to make it ok.

Would the vulture have spent that much money on food and beverages on the guests for 3 days? Fancy putting them in that old garage/“salvage yard.” Imagine if there are people who have flown/driven long distances, or even turned up from a local area, expecting some sort of gratitude for their patronage, to be treated in that abysmal way. If I was one of those people I would not be able to keep my mouth closed. I’d be wanting a refund! I don’t know what I expected, but it must have been more than that.

It’s like some surreal Christmas card of those who showed up at the manger without the animals On that note, it would be wonderful if the sheep and chickens got loose and wreaked havoc in said “manger.”

I don’t know why I’m surprised. Like @Pekey said we’d be treated better and have gotten a decent feed at Bunnings!

• Heart
None of those patrons are kitted out in clobber (clothes) that would cost anywhere near the cost of that dress, even if it was “second hand,” which is somehow meant to make it ok.

Would the vulture have spent that much money on food and beverages on the guests for 3 days? Fancy putting them in that old garage/“salvage yard.” Imagine if there are people who have flown/driven long distances, or even turned up from a local area, expecting some sort of gratitude for their patronage, to be treated in that abysmal way. If I was one of those people I would not be able to keep my mouth closed. I’d be wanting a refund! I don’t know what I expected, but it must have been more than that.

It’s like some surreal Christmas card of those who showed up at the manger without the animals On that note, it would be wonderful if the sheep and chickens got loose and wreaked havoc in said “manger.”

I don’t know why I’m surprised. Like @Pekey said we’d be treated better and have gotten a decent feed at Bunnings!
I have looked closer and she did even use the cheapest wine glasses imaginable too.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Patron levels ?
No, I think they have devided them into groups for the sightseeing tour of the shittoo.

• Heart
Meanwhile back at La Lande....
Fanny - right team. Let's have a de-brief and a re-group on what needs to be done for tomorrow.
Phi Phi - Turn the table cloths over & Febreeze everything.
Michael - how many bottles of wine did those freeloaders get through? Seven, seven..for god's sake water them down even more for tomorrow.
Natti - how many signed up for the higher Patreon level? Two? just two? Seriously you need to try harder. Remember Jerry Maguire the film we watched the other day? when I gave my team motivational speech. SHOW ME THE MONEY Natti...
Mummy & Percy - how many sign ups did we get for the UK people to the Jarvis Care Home plan? - none? NONE? Seriously I give up. Am I the only one bringing home the le bacon round here?
Marie - I want a full inventory of how much those greedy chops ate today. Yes I know it's 11.00pm..but get to it. And smaller portions tomorrow. Put more bread out & fill 'em up with that.
Philip - how much did you take in Ye Old Gift Shoppe?..25 euros...you are joking right? You sold one of Daddy's paintings for that?..Get out of my sight...go just go....
Cat? Cat? wake up..I gave you one job..keep Marie & her miserable chops away from me...well done. Good job locking her in attic. No. Let her out tomorrow.
Pavlina - disappointed that you didn't dress up in the Ukraine national costume. Tomorrow perhaps? There's a really old English saying - it's 'never bite the hand that feeds you'...just saying.
Dan - I saw you sitting on your arse flirting with all the women. I don't pay you for that - well not for this event - tomorrow I want you with your tool belt on hammering things & flirting with the women. NO - I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BRING THOSE KIDS..yep I know the oldies love them - but just NO.
Right time for another bottle..Amaury..what the heck have you been doing all day? Get me a bottle lickety split.
love, love, love!!! :love: 🥰 ❤.Spot on, @Princess and the Pea !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
When we say they paid for their lunch we mean through their tithing to the con women from their pensions. They have well and truely paid for a mean looking lunch and mean looking garden party.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
No, I think they have devided them into groups for the sightseeing tour of the shittoo.
You guessed it. Also, for who's interested in numbers of patrons attending: they let go of the plus-one-rule. Some brought more than one family member, which makes sense since they were holidaying in the area anyway. But it does distort the picture of the turn out, doesn't it.

• Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.