The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
11 of them were not capable of preparing a decent reception for 35 people.
And now I remembered!
When I wanted to send a gift to SJ, I wanted to send beautiful, handmade linen tablecloths!
A fool (me). 😱
How many tablecloths and cloth napkins did SJ get at CU that she could even arrange to match each other.
Where on earth are all these things?
This was the ideal opportunity to let it all out and "show".
Well, they needed to be washed and ironed. This is not a problem for several tables either.
The further I look at all this, the more confused I am.
Food.
The food, as it usually is on the menu in LL, was even decent!!!
However, for the first time, you host your financiers, insufficient.
For 35 people, they could order catering from a nearby restaurant (even in the middle of nowhere, where they live).
Price? A real pittance compared to what they get every month!
Agree with you thounsand%. The number of summer gardenparty napkin and tablecloths they have bought from Emmaus as well as all the tat they get sent... They could have done easy. And for food - why Mozzarella? What they ran out of French food? Was the local chinease closed? Regional local food, specialities, get the cute goatcheese guy in. bleeping hell get that hunky chef do a whole bleeping deer from Shakespear-land. These guest pay for your extravagant lifestyle - Fanmeister DO BETTER!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
11 of them were not capable of preparing a decent reception for 35 people.
And now I remembered!
When I wanted to send a gift to SJ, I wanted to send beautiful, handmade linen tablecloths!
A fool (me). 😱
How many tablecloths and cloth napkins did SJ get at CU that she could even arrange to match each other.
Where on earth are all these things?
This was the ideal opportunity to let it all out and "show".
Well, they needed to be washed and ironed. This is not a problem for several tables either.
The further I look at all this, the more confused I am.
Food.
The food, as it usually is on the menu in LL, was even decent!!!
However, for the first time, you host your financiers, insufficient.
For 35 people, they could order catering from a nearby restaurant (even in the middle of nowhere, where they live).
Price? A real pittance compared to what they get every month!
That’s what I thought as well.
A lovely rented tent with the table skirts and chairs for that many and catered with a delicious meal would have been lovely....
Or a garage setting (with doors leaning around- see anything you like- party favors?) Make shift table cloths, roadkill flowers and possibly “bird poo rafters“ I’m hearing....
Gosh, but really I didn’t even expect they had anything ready....from the way things were going- had to work the party in between trips to other places- that weren’t requiring renovations!
🤔

Reactions: 15
I had a dream last night about Potts. He made a move on me, kissed me. He was a very good kisser. I was playing hard to get… anyhow… he whispered in my ear telling me he did not like Stephanie, only tolerates her as she’s mentally unstable. He also said he’s Clara… 🤣😂🤣 ( there are other things he whispered, but that’s between Potts and me ) 🤣😂🤷‍♀️🤫

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I don't really like to comment on how people look, since not everyone can look as fabulous as me (yes, I'm JOKING!), but, really, Amaury's mother is sort of morphing into Queen Victoria. No offense to the Queen! Seriously, is she wearing a tiara or crown?
Well its the latest thing as we saw in the last thread....... dogs are wearing crowns!!!
I have to get my Peke one !!!

Pekey, that converts to AUD$47000 pm. Imagine what we could do with that here? Fly all the other Tattlers to Sydney and have a banquet at the Opera House! Then a grand tour to Melbourne and Tasmania staying at 5***** gites all the way!! :rolleyes:
I'm in ........ where do I sign ????? :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
First of all Congratulations 🍾 ❤to all the Tattlers who reached the VIP status. Please forgive me if I'm not mentioning all their names. And thanks to the wonderful thread titles as well. I have been trying to follow everything that has happened and indeed is a lot. Or, maybe, not so much. I'm not going to comment on the Patrons' day débacle as you have already said it all. After all, what else should one expect from SJ? She and her lot are their ususal and so they'll always be.
My only remark is that she was very careful in not disclosing that they were indeed getting ready for the event, although with those very insulting results. I gather she did that just to mock us, and in fact we thought that there were no preparations going on. Well, there weren't many, but still they had to make some room in the garage, get the chairs, setting the tables etc. @Clara Burnett told us they weren't doing anything, that everything was quiet as usual, but perhaps they did all at the last moment.
If the old ladies are happy to be conned and treated like a herd, stuffed in a filthy, dangerous storage place, seated on chairs fit for kindergarten children, well, good for them. From what I could see, they look to be very simple people and probably their idea of a fairytale castle is very low standard.

I wanted to talk instead about the nastiness, cruelty and sadism of that Camilla woman, when she put in front of her daaarling husband a tray full of mouthwatering pastries just to "test his resistance" and went on sadistically describing the characteristics of each one of them.
It was humiliating, she made him look ridiculous in front of the world and took pleasure in torturing him with her fake upper class accent and unnatural always controlled behaviour.
If I were Ollie, I would have been furious, have smacked her botoxed face and eaten everything, plus, sent her to hell.
When you are on a diet, the last thing you want to see is an anorexic woman, severely obsessed with fitness activity torturing me by putting cakes under my nose. You know that this was one of the practices used by nazis in order to extract confessions from starved prisoners?
She has a problem with food and is a control freak.
I found the whole act just disgusting.
I liked Oli's vlog and found that bit hilarious it was tongue n cheek-- very British humour

Reactions: 10
Renting a beautiful tent. It is not that flippin expensive.. come on.. rent a tent w proper chairs.. they even come out and set it all up for you
I totally agree. She is ranking in so much money, and heaven forbid she puts it towards the people who are actually giving it to her!

In my previous job, I'd often take high-paying advertisers or major players in my industry out for lunch. And it wasn't in my garage with some old doors as vista! It was a nice restaurant.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I totally agree. She is ranking in so much money, and heaven forbid she puts it towards the people who are actually giving it to her!

In my previous job, I'd often take high-paying advertisers or major players in my industry out for lunch. And it wasn't in my garage with some old doors as vista! It was a nice restaurant.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. In business you would never take important business people to eat in a place covered in guano. Fanmeister does not see the shittoo as a business but as an extension of her persona. The grandeur of Louis XIV l'etat c'est moi -type. Hence she is entitled to use the patreon money as she pleases and the poor who pay their tithe, well they are given her charity in the tit infested hole. And like in Stockholm syndrome and as cult victims they say thank you and give more.

Btw, this found on 2second google search: Psittacosis (also known as ornithosis) is a disease caused by the bacterium Chlamydia psittaci, carried by birds. Humans most commonly catch the disease by inhaling dust containing feathers, secretions and droppings from infected birds. Older people generally experience more severe illness.

Now the question is how many times did they disinfect the area where people eat???

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
A quick note to tell y'all I'm still okay. Tired to the bone, but okay and comfortably disguised. To be among these people, trying to communicate, takes a strain on every fiber of my being in a way I couldn't have foreseen. I keep having to pinch myself to accept it's real, they are real and even more crazy then I thought. A little tease to divert the hunting: there have not been many photo's released yet, but I am in (at least) one of them! Happy hunting, Stephanie, but remember: it ain't over till some lady sings. God, I hope it's not going to be you. My poor ears.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90
Why would we be mean to any of them attending? I am grateful to get a glimpse, I was curios enough about it. I just hope nobody of them made debts to be a able to afford the journey. As a host I would have definitely offered more, I hoped she would surprise us all and that even Dan took pity and cooked. I am glad though it was not worse. But to have a good time one doesn't need ironed table cloth so I can imagine that most of them still had a good time and enjoyed meeting each other. I can also imagine though that some of them might reduce the amount of their patronage.
But would Lady Phyllis ensure a slave ironed the tablecloth that she and she dined with the paying BnB guests?

Reactions: 10
@Le Comte de Monte Cristo is totally right, this could have been an absolutely ravishing venue for a rustic vendange-themed lunch, or even a Marie Antoinette shepherdess lunch.
Fake garlands of grapes and leaves, wine-colored dahlias, zinnias, Chinese lanterns, wheat stalks and box leaves.
Here's a fermieres' vendange lunch for volunteer grape harvesters. Please note they also provided a breakfast including wine, rillettes, and garlic. The workers were served eight different kinds of meat in just two meals.

Casse-croûte Breakfast
Pâté
Rillettes with Raw Garlic
Dried sausage
Garlic sausage
Emmental, Camembert, Goat ‘log’ and Tomme
Bread
Last year’s wine

Cold beer in the fields

Vendange Workers' Lunch
Charcuterie Platter
Chicken-noodle soup
Rabbit slow-cooked in red wine
Filet steak
Cheesy potato croquettes
Emmental, Camembert, Goat ‘log’ and Tomme
Fruit tarts
Much Moar Wine
Honestly BillyBudd, I get hungry every time I read one of your posted menus, delish!😋

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But would Lady Phyllis ensure a slave ironed the tablecloth that she and she dined with the paying BnB guests?
Poor Pavlina will be locked in the basement with bats as punishment. All she will get to eat is what ever Izzy gives her, so very little, if any

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.