Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spirit of place

VIP Member
Poor countries, have poor plumbing. Every poor country I've been to, not a lot but enough, has had the TP in the waste can routine, if you're lucky enough to have TP, that is.
The laugh was on me & my friend about the TP bin in Greece - we went back after a few years remembering the protocol & asked the hotel chambermaid where was the bin & she said airily " oh you know, you just put the paper in the toilet & flush it" as if she was having to modernize us.
At least the TP wasn't seeping out into the sea ....sewage is becoming a problem around some coastal areas in the UK

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Beachgirl

VIP Member
I wasn't surprised because she said the fabric would be good for tablecloths when she received it. I'm a quilter too, and at least the fabric is out of Narina and being used. I was pleased that Sarah made a nice job of the hemming and mitred the corners well. I would have been very annoyed if the fabric was used with raw edges.

On a more pleasant note it was the first day of my clubs public Quilt Show today, here is a simple Scrappy Bargellgo quilt I made, and a framed portrait I thread painted of my darling cat Oscar who passed last year. (The white spot on his ear is a reflection off the glass)
View attachment 1566035
View attachment 1566037
Oh goodness you are so talented, a lady who attended the same quilting group as I made was making a Bargello quilt, I was in awe of her. I’ve not heard of thread painting before but it is beautiful and such a lovely reminder of Oscar❤

• Heart

MadameChat

VIP Member
Well I guess we know why all the repeat vlogs lately, it would have been a Herculean effort for that lot to organize an event like this, so surprised that Fanny isn’t monetizing at least with a montage vlog of the highlights maybe that’s to come later.

Pekey

VIP Member
Pekey- are the Graphtreon numbers in US$ dollars? If so $34318 per month is $51008Aust! F
OMG that is even more money than what I thought !!!

So...... where is the Cristal Champagne , caviar and some decent entertainment - none of those crappy Opera singers ..... that bitch could have hired someone like Adele or the Diva - Mariah Carey!!!

• Haha
I've still some pages to read but just want to say, I don't think that is Sarah on the left.
Only one more day @Clara Burnett . Hope today is easier.
I've still some pages to read but just want to say, I don't think that is Sarah on the left.
Only one more day @Clara Burnett . Hope today is easier.
I wondered if that was Sarah as well.

Re: stick on name tags. Do I see that there are 3 different colour nametags on patreons? Red, green or blue :unsure: ? If so, what's the purpose of this colourcoding? (food allergies?:ROFLMAO:)
Someone earlier that the colours denoted groups for the indoor chateau tours etc.

tatter76

Clara isn't a patron she is a "friend" and @Isabelle6541 she stated that someone from her group would be there every day again there is more than one of them. She said they were also taking lawyers as their plus one. I think she said the article was being published in November in a Dutch publication?
Unless you're President of the US or a £100m International Business I've never, ever heard of a lawyer attending a gathering on these terms. Certainly not in a professional capacity. It would breach our code of conduct.

• Heart
Yes, she has touched on how they have to measure rooms and BTUs (?) -- ie., units of heat required to heat room -- to insure the system radiates sufficient heat.
And we all know even if she were to spend the money to put in a proper system (HA!) she’s far too cheap to pay for the fuel to operate it!

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
Does anyone else think that the toilet roll holder should be on the other wall? I would find it awkward to reach backwards.

Filthy pigs! Sorry pigs....are cleaner than Fanny and her fans at the shitshow. That floor is as disgusting as the cupboard.

Has anyone figured out what the things are on the bathroom shelf?
I think the’ can’ is loo cleaner. . I hate that modern loo. She went for deco tap and basin and weird modern loo. Still No radiator cover, or lamp as noticed, floor not sealed, and window dressing. What happened to all those cotton panels sent in CADEAU that were so perfect for that window, and the paintwork around the window not done .Nothing gets finished, ever.

Apparently protocol in the event of HMQ death BBC to be told before public normal programming to be suspended and all journalists to be in black both things have already happened so sadly she may already have passed poor lady.
☹🏴

• Heart

Elviemary

Chatty Member
I wasn't surprised because she said the fabric would be good for tablecloths when she received it. I'm a quilter too, and at least the fabric is out of Narina and being used. I was pleased that Sarah made a nice job of the hemming and mitred the corners well. I would have been very annoyed if the fabric was used with raw edges.

On a more pleasant note it was the first day of my clubs public Quilt Show today, here is a simple Scrappy Bargellgo quilt I made, and a framed portrait I thread painted of my darling cat Oscar who passed last year. (The white spot on his ear is a reflection off the glass)
View attachment 1566035
View attachment 1566037
Absolutely Stunning

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
A quick note to tell y'all I'm still okay. Tired to the bone, but okay and comfortably disguised. To be among these people, trying to communicate, takes a strain on every fiber of my being in a way I couldn't have foreseen. I keep having to pinch myself to accept it's real, they are real and even more crazy then I thought. A little tease to divert the hunting: there have not been many photo's released yet, but I am in (at least) one of them! Happy hunting, Stephanie, but remember: it ain't over till some lady sings. God, I hope it's not going to be you. My poor ears.
Yay! All hail Clara @Clara Burnett 😍😘

• Heart
So they spent some money on hired tables and chairs, raided the attic for fabric to use as tablecloths. Chateau Lagorce, isn't that Ed and Anna's place.
The bakery got a good order crocquembouch for three different days.
Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.
What bathroom is this? I actually like the wallpaper!
Or it might be me coming off the med's. I had day surgery today so glad to be home. I was really scared to be knocked out, but all went well. Hopefully biopsy will show nothing. Thanks everyone for the open day photos. I'm enjoying looking at them all.
I was thinking the same. The drapes don’t work well with the walls but I like the modern tub. I wonder if it’s the bathroom to the Marquis’ suite?

huydecirku

VIP Member
MPK's video was well done, the little space below the stairs for Tete was nice touch.

I'm glad that Tete is still with him. I was a bit worried what happened to Tete because Birdie seems to have ditched him for Mo.

• Heart
  • Haha

NoIAmNotAHorse

Chatty Member
“Phil down the well” - I had a visual of him being wound or pulled up with his spray on hair washed off, and looking like a scraggly old doll with hair that a little kid had pulled out leaving only random bald patches lol

That’s the first laugh I’ve had from Patron Daze!

• Haha
A woman after my own heart. Congratulations.
My sewing is all hand stitched-everything. Ginny Beyer has been my inspiration and I do quilts which resemble my Persian carpets. I have spent years in India in a semi meditative state sewing!! The repetition of the stitches, in my opinion,
can correspond to a chant.
would love to see a photo, @On Repeat ! 🥰

• Heart

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Yesterday's vlog showed that @Clara Burnett was 100% right when she said there was no sign of preparation works for the patreon days. They left EVERYTHING until the last minute, and definitely never considered there might be inclement weather. The Heath Robinson chicken wire and coloured tarp on the terrace was never going to work. Finding gazebos at the end of the season also shows no advance planning. I foolishly thought they had rented tables and chairs only to have that proven wrong. (were those chairs used for IJ and Percys wedding) 57 bottles of wine over four days because they had it the night before and the three patreon days, they weren't expecting too many guests and weren't planning on being particularly generous.

Megan will be beside herself as now Archie and Lillibet get to be Prince and Princess.
I’m just waiting for the leak to the press which she blames everyone for Harry being late in getting the his grandmothers bedside.

• Sad
  • Angry