Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maria Antonia Hb

Brenda’s Original Post

What are the most important things in life?
To be healthy, happy & kind would be a fairly good trio of assets to start with.
I am always saying, do things that make you happy. For some of us that might be, reading, cooking, supporting a football team or maybe even scaling very tall buildings half naked!! to name a few. Not all of us will enjoy those topics & will shudder at the thought of having to endure them....but then of course we are blessed with choice, the ability to choose to do what we want.
Most members here have a few common threads, the love of all things French, Chateaux with a special emphasis on Chateau de Lalande. Without a doubt there are many members of society who would cry at the thought of having to endure our chosen topics, just as I would struggle to play a game of bingo, attend a football match or go for a cycle. However, I couldn't see myself going onto a social platform to scandalise & ridicule the people who do, nor would I get on a soap box about the way the football clubs etc are managed, how they attract members or indeed what profit they make off them. Again we have a choice, watch the game in the local pub, watch the game at home using a streaming service, watch the game live @ stadium or buy the latest jersey & watch the game @ the stadium. All these choices come with a price tag, as with any hobby.
It is much the same for us, we can watch The Chateau Diaries on You Tube plus we have the added bonus to become patrons...that is our choice, it won't be everyone's choice for different reasons.
However, if you get enjoyment out of being a Patron & it makes you happy...that is all that counts.Embrace it & participate. You only have to justify your choices to yourself & your God, no one else.
Since records began there have always been people who enjoy judging others....it is their hobby, one that has increased in popularity with the internet. We will never change it, just as we can't change the stripes on a zebra. Is it right or is it wrong, is it jealousy is it this or that.....I don't think we should beat ourselves up about it. If it makes them happy...let them batter on
We too will batter on, continuing to enjoy what makes us happy.
Life is too short to spend it getting our knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks....especially strangers.....

Response from Neil
Well said! I made a long comment about patrons complaining about the fact that they didn’t see what they paid for.
In the nicest of terms I explained they had misunderstood the terms of being a patron. They didn’t determine what was shown, the content was determined by Stephanie or the other YOuTuber putting out the vlogs. To think that you are a patron and as a result can determine and drive the content is completely the opposite to what being a patron is.
I’m a lowly patron but the disgusting comments I’ve seen have made me really despise the way they think their money they’ve freely donated should drive the content and the restoration of the chateaux. It doesn’t, never did, never will. To think that your donation will drive content shows that you have completely misunderstood what being a patron means both now and historically.
Da Vinci was patroned by the Medici yet they never told him how to paint, they gave him a subject and he painted it in his own way.
Patrons donate freely and that should allow the chatelaine to use the money for the necessary work or restoration needed. To demand to see restoration projects in progress is not what you pay for. You will be regularly shown, often monthly where your money has been spent but that doesn’t mean that you get to see it. There are other contracts involved.
Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.
She doesn’t need to be so open about the spending of her own money such as the monetisation of the diary vlogs and does so transparently on Cadeaux at the Chateau purely as she wishes to give back to the community that have been so generous to her.
Patrons, no one is forcing you to donate. Your donations are for the chatelaine to do with as is needed and it’s their decision to report transparently to the patrons where their money is spent. You don’t have the right to drive content, demand to see progress on projects or make demands on what should or shouldn’t be done.
We are financial supporters and that is all we are.
I for one patron am delighted to receive an extra video a week and know where my money was spent. Providing its going to the betterment of La Lande and its community I am so very happy that I’m making a difference.

Brenda to Neil
I understand where you are coming from. Patreon is a subscription we pay to enable creators to have a steady income in order to allow them to pursue a creative career that would not be possible without that income stream. In return, we receive exclusive content relating to the creator. That income belongs to the creator, as patrons we have no say what so ever how they spend or save it, as long as we receive content we have no grounds to groan, if we don't enjoy the content, unsubscribe, its a monthly system so cancelling is easy. Stephanie however done something very unique from day 1 of her patreon, she pledged that she would use all her patreon income to restore the chateau. This was not only a good marketing tool, it also gave patrons a feeling that they were part of the restoration team at Lalande. Each month goals would be set to raise a certain amount plus patrons would vote on what the next project should be. This level of inclusion has given some people the impression they have a greater say. Stephanie has come under fire, & some very unkind comments have been made that she is funding the restoration of her home through donations. This is very untrue, & inaccurate. Stephanie has NEVER set up go fund me type appeal. Just like Sky we sign up to a certain package, we pay a subscription we view the channels within our package, Patreon is the same.....I often wonder did Rupert Murdock get the same scrutiny when he had a 39% stake in Sky!!! Stephanie uses the restoration of Lalande for her content, but, what projects she decides to undertake, how she project manages it , is her sole decision....well maybe Isabelle has a casting vote!!, just as a Sky subscriber has no influence over what programs Sky purchases!. On a personal note, I do not think Stephanie should provide any accounts to Patrons.

Neil to Escape to Chateau de Lalande & More
I’m unsure what you are telling me. Am I out of line for saying what I did?
Please explain what I said was wrong as I’m fully supporting Stephanie and La Lande.

Brenda to Neil
no you are not wrong,absolutely not, I am only explaining 1st the concept of Patreon, because people out there do believe it is a donation platform, & some believe they are donating to a project. Stephanie made a pact with herself & her patrons that she would use her income from her Patreon channel to fund the restoration on the chateau. Then, I was just explaining why some patrons will come across as if they have a "say" in the order of things, if you watch the earlier patreon vlogs, where there were monthly targets etc. More recently larger projects have been undertaken which have been time intensive, for example The Marquis suite. Some people were upset because we didn't see the ongoing progress of this & had to wait until it was aired on C4. Some people felt short changed. The truth of the matter is that program has a global viewership, which in turn highlights The Chateau Diaries channel & Patreon maintaining & helping their support grow. The cost of this exposure on a rate card basis would be prohibitive. Therefore it is an excellent commercial decision to contribute to the series. It was just unfortunate that this project was very labour intensive, very much worth it I am sure we can agree. Of course Stephanie wants to keep everyone happy, but sometimes it is not possible to make an omelette unless we crack the eggs. No you were not wrong, I am just highlighting views from every perspective.We should just watch & enjoy the content as it is available & as you say place no pressure on anyone.

Then ANOTHER person joins in.

When people get notoriety people get jealous. The smear videos are like the National inquirer they get traction off of Stephanie’s notoriety .
So what right do they get to complain when they are using Stephanie’s own work to get monetized.
But the jokes on them even negative press drives up Stephanie’s social media and YouTube channel.
Psalm23:5

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

And Stephanie sows goodness . She takes gifts and gives back by opening them on air . Sowing into Charities.

She helps her fellow Chateau owners and their Channels.

Stephanie understands
A secret of sowing kindness . Videography is hard work. The software a learning curve Video equipment hard work.
Waiting on upload can be hours especially if YouTube glitches.

If you listen to Chateau DIY just electrics and water and heat start at 6000 a month to run a basic Chateaux some up to 15,000. That’s just the monthly expenses .
Dear Neil, wake up Lil suzie....
(fun fact I always read charlataine)
It's true, people invest much much money into illusions BUT... If you set goals.. And your supporters want you to reach them (oh I'm so cold I have to be packed in hot water bottles, even hospital)... Why would you live a hedonistic lifestyle, waste all that's been given on crap....
Don't worship any HUMAN the Bible says, you both just might have to read it thoroughly and not abuse a psalm that fits you. ..
Is it "I tip the stripper.. She dances as she pleases.. Even in a diving suit..." argumentation
Brenda, I truly prefer Caroline gooder

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
OMG. That's crazy. I'm sorry, but I'm hoping you are having a good time anyway. :)
I worked in Greece in my year off before Uni and be thankful you have housekeeping. I was sharing an apartment and we used to take turns to drop the contents of the what we imaginatively called the "shit bin" at recycling even worse with sanitary products do not miss that at all. But Greece is beautiful so what you going to do-shit or bust

Saw this for Phi Phi Birthday shall we have a whip round? I think he would love it.

• Haha
  • Heart

On Repeat

VIP Member
I must have lived in a cave for the past few weeks! I didn’t know or realise that patreons paid for their lunch!! 🤪 I should have known better! Can’t she afford to offer the lunch.
Amoury can’t even get dressed properly for them, 🤢 he does when he serves the porcelain fondler and guests.
I would have been really annoyed if I was offered a barn lunch with hard chairs and no extras like she shows in her vlogs!! The only thing they saw of the vlog life is a tour with Phiphi. Sad, shame on you château diaries. 😡
When we say they paid for their lunch we mean through their tithing to the con women from their pensions. They have well and truely paid for a mean looking lunch and mean looking garden party.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Do we know how the proceeds from the sales of the second hand goods, sorry pre loved items will be allotted? Into the bank of Jarvis or possibly donated to local community of charity?
Don’t believe that it has ever been mentioned by Fanny but in reality there is only one place any monies will be going. If by any chance she was going to be altruistic then she would have been shouting about it by now.

• Sad
Thanks! It was a crazy process! Simpler instructions are in order for the wiki.
I was at a loss for a title so just named it "Thread with No Name" but I guess the mods didn't like it. Who is the newest VIP? Pick a thread title and report it!
Reminds me of the old Friends episode names!😜

So they spent some money on hired tables and chairs, raided the attic for fabric to use as tablecloths. Chateau Lagorce, isn't that Ed and Anna's place.
The bakery got a good order crocquembouch for three different days.
Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.

Last edited:
  • Haha

billybudd

VIP Member
It's a very difficult situation in today's world of instant news - or the expectation that everyone should know everything immediately - because it's not just the drawing to an end of a beloved mother, grandmother and great-grandmother but also the death of the Sovereign. I believe there is a convention whereby governors general, prime ministers of Commonwealth countries (dominions , etc and also even those nations which have become replub!ics) need to be informed before an official announcement is made.

It does feel as if a chapter is c!osing and it saddens me immensely.
I watched three minutes of the BBC. The screen was literally of the closed gates of Balmoral, 180 seconds of my short life I'll never get back. Nothing else. While the announcers vamped on.
I stopped watching network TV news after the invasion of Iraq. I read three or four newspapers daily. My IQ has skyrocketed and my PTSD plummeted. I'm serious.

• Heart
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.25.46 PM.png

Is that Cat standing in front of the big purple man? And who is the sketchy person next to her? Looks like he or she is trying to hide. Could it be Chloe, or did she already leave?

Apparently protocol in the event of HMQ death BBC to be told before public normal programming to be suspended and all journalists to be in black both things have already happened so sadly she may already have passed poor lady.
This is the protocol apparently. https://britishheritage.com/royals/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies

The first time the public becomes aware of her death is when a notice is placed on the gates of Buckingham Palace. All staff will wear a black armband on the left arm.
A statement will then be released to the Press Association & other news outlets. At this stage main TV channels will pull regular programmes and newsreaders will wear black suits and ties. DJs on-air will see a blue light flash, which means to cut to news ASAP. And blanket coverage will begin.

Margo Polo

VIP Member
I must have lived in a cave for the past few weeks! I didn’t know or realise that patreons paid for their lunch!! 🤪 I should have known better! Can’t she afford to offer the lunch.
Amoury can’t even get dressed properly for them, 🤢 he does when he serves the porcelain fondler and guests.
I would have been really annoyed if I was offered a barn lunch with hard chairs and no extras like she shows in her vlogs!! The only thing they saw of the vlog life is a tour with Phiphi. Sad, shame on you château diaries. 😡
Wait, what?! They had to pay for their own lunch? They give her money every month and yet they have to pay?
When I worked at a Friendship Center, we use to have workshops for those working in the Ministry of Children and Families field. We would cook lunch which consisted of roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, salad plus dessert. Sometimes we would cook salmon and salads. We would cook for around 150 people. We all pitched in by cooking, serving, cleaning and helping the workshop. All free.

• Heart

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Maybe, just maybe ... the original intent was to have an al fresco lunch but Fanny had the Jaguar garage cleaned out for dining due to the threat of rain?

By the way, has anyone noticed Mummy pronounces it "jag-war" while Fanny says "jag-u-ar"?
I say Jag 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

NoIAmNotAHorse

Chatty Member
Pekey- are the Graphtreon numbers in US$ dollars? If so $34318 per month is $51008Aust! For that amount of moolah you would think she could have served champagne, better food and moved stuff around in the entrance hall to accommodate her guests. Those tables could easily have been put inside- there weren't a lot of guests. I didn't think is was rustic at all, I thought it was rude. It was a summer party not a bbq in the garage- I am surprised she didn't serve Bunnings sausages in white bread and tomato sauce!
Edit- Princess we pressed go at the same time!
A few weeks ago it was $56000AUD!

• Wow

howlingwolf68

Brenda’s Original Post

What are the most important things in life?
To be healthy, happy & kind would be a fairly good trio of assets to start with.
I am always saying, do things that make you happy. For some of us that might be, reading, cooking, supporting a football team or maybe even scaling very tall buildings half naked!! to name a few. Not all of us will enjoy those topics & will shudder at the thought of having to endure them....but then of course we are blessed with choice, the ability to choose to do what we want.
Most members here have a few common threads, the love of all things French, Chateaux with a special emphasis on Chateau de Lalande. Without a doubt there are many members of society who would cry at the thought of having to endure our chosen topics, just as I would struggle to play a game of bingo, attend a football match or go for a cycle. However, I couldn't see myself going onto a social platform to scandalise & ridicule the people who do, nor would I get on a soap box about the way the football clubs etc are managed, how they attract members or indeed what profit they make off them. Again we have a choice, watch the game in the local pub, watch the game at home using a streaming service, watch the game live @ stadium or buy the latest jersey & watch the game @ the stadium. All these choices come with a price tag, as with any hobby.
It is much the same for us, we can watch The Chateau Diaries on You Tube plus we have the added bonus to become patrons...that is our choice, it won't be everyone's choice for different reasons.
However, if you get enjoyment out of being a Patron & it makes you happy...that is all that counts.Embrace it & participate. You only have to justify your choices to yourself & your God, no one else.
Since records began there have always been people who enjoy judging others....it is their hobby, one that has increased in popularity with the internet. We will never change it, just as we can't change the stripes on a zebra. Is it right or is it wrong, is it jealousy is it this or that.....I don't think we should beat ourselves up about it. If it makes them happy...let them batter on
We too will batter on, continuing to enjoy what makes us happy.
Life is too short to spend it getting our knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks....especially strangers.....

Response from Neil
Well said! I made a long comment about patrons complaining about the fact that they didn’t see what they paid for.
In the nicest of terms I explained they had misunderstood the terms of being a patron. They didn’t determine what was shown, the content was determined by Stephanie or the other YOuTuber putting out the vlogs. To think that you are a patron and as a result can determine and drive the content is completely the opposite to what being a patron is.
I’m a lowly patron but the disgusting comments I’ve seen have made me really despise the way they think their money they’ve freely donated should drive the content and the restoration of the chateaux. It doesn’t, never did, never will. To think that your donation will drive content shows that you have completely misunderstood what being a patron means both now and historically.
Da Vinci was patroned by the Medici yet they never told him how to paint, they gave him a subject and he painted it in his own way.
Patrons donate freely and that should allow the chatelaine to use the money for the necessary work or restoration needed. To demand to see restoration projects in progress is not what you pay for. You will be regularly shown, often monthly where your money has been spent but that doesn’t mean that you get to see it. There are other contracts involved.
Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.
She doesn’t need to be so open about the spending of her own money such as the monetisation of the diary vlogs and does so transparently on Cadeaux at the Chateau purely as she wishes to give back to the community that have been so generous to her.
Patrons, no one is forcing you to donate. Your donations are for the chatelaine to do with as is needed and it’s their decision to report transparently to the patrons where their money is spent. You don’t have the right to drive content, demand to see progress on projects or make demands on what should or shouldn’t be done.
We are financial supporters and that is all we are.
I for one patron am delighted to receive an extra video a week and know where my money was spent. Providing its going to the betterment of La Lande and its community I am so very happy that I’m making a difference.

Brenda to Neil
I understand where you are coming from. Patreon is a subscription we pay to enable creators to have a steady income in order to allow them to pursue a creative career that would not be possible without that income stream. In return, we receive exclusive content relating to the creator. That income belongs to the creator, as patrons we have no say what so ever how they spend or save it, as long as we receive content we have no grounds to groan, if we don't enjoy the content, unsubscribe, its a monthly system so cancelling is easy. Stephanie however done something very unique from day 1 of her patreon, she pledged that she would use all her patreon income to restore the chateau. This was not only a good marketing tool, it also gave patrons a feeling that they were part of the restoration team at Lalande. Each month goals would be set to raise a certain amount plus patrons would vote on what the next project should be. This level of inclusion has given some people the impression they have a greater say. Stephanie has come under fire, & some very unkind comments have been made that she is funding the restoration of her home through donations. This is very untrue, & inaccurate. Stephanie has NEVER set up go fund me type appeal. Just like Sky we sign up to a certain package, we pay a subscription we view the channels within our package, Patreon is the same.....I often wonder did Rupert Murdock get the same scrutiny when he had a 39% stake in Sky!!! Stephanie uses the restoration of Lalande for her content, but, what projects she decides to undertake, how she project manages it , is her sole decision....well maybe Isabelle has a casting vote!!, just as a Sky subscriber has no influence over what programs Sky purchases!. On a personal note, I do not think Stephanie should provide any accounts to Patrons.

Neil to Escape to Chateau de Lalande & More
I’m unsure what you are telling me. Am I out of line for saying what I did?
Please explain what I said was wrong as I’m fully supporting Stephanie and La Lande.

Brenda to Neil
no you are not wrong,absolutely not, I am only explaining 1st the concept of Patreon, because people out there do believe it is a donation platform, & some believe they are donating to a project. Stephanie made a pact with herself & her patrons that she would use her income from her Patreon channel to fund the restoration on the chateau. Then, I was just explaining why some patrons will come across as if they have a "say" in the order of things, if you watch the earlier patreon vlogs, where there were monthly targets etc. More recently larger projects have been undertaken which have been time intensive, for example The Marquis suite. Some people were upset because we didn't see the ongoing progress of this & had to wait until it was aired on C4. Some people felt short changed. The truth of the matter is that program has a global viewership, which in turn highlights The Chateau Diaries channel & Patreon maintaining & helping their support grow. The cost of this exposure on a rate card basis would be prohibitive. Therefore it is an excellent commercial decision to contribute to the series. It was just unfortunate that this project was very labour intensive, very much worth it I am sure we can agree. Of course Stephanie wants to keep everyone happy, but sometimes it is not possible to make an omelette unless we crack the eggs. No you were not wrong, I am just highlighting views from every perspective.We should just watch & enjoy the content as it is available & as you say place no pressure on anyone.

Then ANOTHER person joins in.

When people get notoriety people get jealous. The smear videos are like the National inquirer they get traction off of Stephanie’s notoriety .
So what right do they get to complain when they are using Stephanie’s own work to get monetized.
But the jokes on them even negative press drives up Stephanie’s social media and YouTube channel.
Psalm23:5

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

And Stephanie sows goodness . She takes gifts and gives back by opening them on air . Sowing into Charities.

She helps her fellow Chateau owners and their Channels.

Stephanie understands
A secret of sowing kindness . Videography is hard work. The software a learning curve Video equipment hard work.
Waiting on upload can be hours especially if YouTube glitches.

If you listen to Chateau DIY just electrics and water and heat start at 6000 a month to run a basic Chateaux some up to 15,000. That’s just the monthly expenses .
Big B the two-faced loud mouth sanctimonious know it all. It must pain her that she didn’t think of this scheme herself.

• Haha
I have just read that if the Queen dies in Scotland (Balmoral) - Operation Unicorn comes into play involving initial transfer to Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh prior to onward transfer to England where London Bridge takes over. Just a snippet of extra info for those interested.
Yes that is correct

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the Queen has gone downhill so much since Phillip died and then she has had to contend with bloody Andrew and selfish Harry and Meagain. She is probably just worn out, she is 96 after all and what is there left for her? I am not a Royalist but I hate the way the media are like vultures just let her have some privacy it was like when Pope John Paul died via live stream it is awful and a private matter not needing a blow by blow account. The bloody BBC has suspended programming till 6pm to give a blow by blow account and on what? She deserves to at least be given a respectful end and dignity with out these vultures wanting to feed on her carrion before she has even died.
And you’ve just hit on one of my primary reasons for getting out of the industry!

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
My grandmother from Minnesota used to make a beef stew that she would then put in the oven with biscuits on top and bake the whole thing so every scoop of stew got a fresh biscuit too. My grandfather from Minnesota was the real cook in that relationship though, he taught her how to cook. He would make a baked chicken in a camp oven out in the yard in the summertime that would make you cry it was so good. He’d make jam from a wild plum tree in his backyard too. He could cook anything on anything. Whenever we’d go on a car trip he’d whip out the cast iron skillet and the camp stove and make bacon and eggs or hamburgers along the way. Who knew it was such luxury! My dad did the same. Snack food favorite - pickled herring and onion in white wine sauce with club crackers.
Swooning. No disrespect to your sainted grandpa and dearest papa, but Daddy-made plum jam has got to be the most delicious.
My father brewed beer and froze salsify and other weird olde skool Carolina veg from his garden. Miss them all.
Amazon product

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 3.54.54 PM.png

• Haha
  • Heart

howlingwolf68

When I have a party I put a vintage Pepsi vending machine on the patio and fill it with long neck beers. Some of which may or may not be Miller Light. That’s my level of dedication. Shrimp my husband caught, hand pulled pork cooked in the pit for hours, cushioned patio furniture and nibbles and drinks in every main room of the house. If you make it to 3 am the moonshine comes out of the garage fridge.
I think I’m in love 🥰 ❤😍😘

• Haha
  • Heart