The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jules100 , The words have been on the van for awhile. I noticed it a few months ago. I also thought, why leave it there, insurance would pay for it to be repainted.

Reactions: 11
Is PhiPhi cosying up to Potts to further distance between SSB and Larking, to eventually end up buying Baghead's share of the HMN?

Forgive me, I'm too bored today...

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Hi, and yes I suppose I should have introduced myself. I found CD during the lockdown like many others. I lived in Zimbabwe. Cape Town and am now in the UK. I enjoyed the videos, and would never have considered being a patron because I saw from the beginning that between Percy. IJ and SJ, they had more than enough assets to fix up the old building and didn't need anything from me. Then I saw that their Beach House was in Southbroom which I know well because in the early 1960s my grandfather retired there. Every year we would visit for six weeks and it was paradise on earth, until the seventies when the nouveau riche from Johannesburg discovered it and it got ruined. My family still has the house but I haven't been back for ages.
I was about to stop watching because I just can't bear Queen Phillipa from the Netherlands. There is also a limit to the grifting that anyone can take, then I found tattle.life and found this blog. I had no idea that other people thought the same way as I did. So now I have to keep watching CD because it could get very interesting. Guess that's all.
Wishing you a warm welcome to Tattle.
Good to see you jumping straight in. Don't hold back - we never do, especially when it comes to the walking talking pustule that is Snorty. 😆
Cheers! 🥂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
@Jules100 , The words have been on the van for awhile. I noticed it a few months ago. I also thought, why leave it there, insurance would pay for it to be repainted.
Aren't they from a less desirable working class area (according to Fanny and Catherine Tate's posh character)? It could be an ignunt hater keyed their van.

Reactions: 11
I have a gay friend named Dick, and another named Jock, both utterly outrageous! If they ever got together the gay world would explode with rainbows and become a better place! 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈 ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Many years ago there was a programme on English tv called Crossroads about a motel set in the midlands. It was absolutely abysmal with terrible acting and sets that wobbled with more dramatic effect than the actual storyline. (However it did pave the way for one of the best tv experiences ever Victoria Woods Acorn Antiques). I can still remember a scene from the original show when two of the main characters were standing in reception overacting about nothing when to imply what a cosmopolitan clientele were at said motel a non speaking extra with a tea towel on his head walked in picked up a telephone directory and walked out again. What the duck the producers were thinking I’ll never know but even that performance was better than Squirrel boy sauntering into the chapel like the smug little fuckwit he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Aren't they from a less desirable working class area (according to Fanny and Catherine Tate's posh character)? It could be an ignunt hater keyed their van.
I have a gay friend named Dick, and another named Jock, both utterly outrageous! If they ever got together the gay world would explode with rainbows and become a better place! 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈 ❤
Terry responded to me when I asked if their white van was vandalized. He said they bought it that way & I was the only one to notice it and ask. I guess that was the best possible outcome.

@Iolair, did either of your friends used to own a white van?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think at least a half of the reason I'm here is the result of narc abuse -- personal and ambient world politics.
My parents weren't narcs -- they had other issues -- but as with many resilient children I first saw the Joe Btfsplk black cloud over my father's head before I could talk. Similarly I note many of us have Ns in the background.
Big hugs to all from the Bhagavad Gita:

I say to thee weapons reach not the Life;
Flame burns it not, waters cannot o'erwhelm,
Nor dry winds wither it. Impenetrable,
Unentered, unassailed, unharmed, untouched,
Immortal, all-arriving, stable, sure,
Invisible, ineffable, by word
And thought uncompassed, ever all itself,
Thus is the Soul declared! How wilt thou, then,--
Knowing it so,--grieve when thou shouldst not grieve?
Thank you. This is beautiful. I have book marked this for future research. If only the occupants & fans of La Lande were as clever as Tattlers. They may slate us but I'd rather be inside this gang then a member of their shallow, superficial cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Mme Flog I saw your vlog about book recommendations here's an old post, I posted a few months ago...

Niviaq Korneliussen - Crimson (LGBT youth in Greenland)
Niviaq Korneliussen - Flower Valley (Touches upon the high suicide rate in Greenland, also winner of Nordisk Råd 2021)
Jonas Eika - After The Sun (Sci fi / Magic realism, winner of Nordisk Råd 2019)
Olga Ravn - The Employees (Sci fi novel, if you understand the ending, it's amazing)

Nordisk Råd - in case you were wondering.

Other books I'd recommend are:
Kazuo Ishiguro - Klara And The Sun
Fahriha Róisín - How To Cure A Ghost (Poetry)
Suzanne Collins - The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes (Despite it being part of The Hunger Games universe I found it to be quite adult in a philosophical way)

I'm currently reading Sally Rooney - Normal People. I also read Conversations With Friends. However, I do not consider those good books worth reading, unless you are into angsty uni people.

My To Be Read list:
Sally Rooney - Beautiful World, Where Are You?
Alice Oseman - Solitaire
Min Jin Lee - Pachinko
Ally Condie - Matched trilogy (Matched, Crossed, Reached)
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Harper Lee - To Kill A Mocking Bird
James Joyce - The Dubliners
Søren Sveistrup - The Chestnut Man (Crime fiction)
Kazuo Ishiguro - An Artist Of The Floating World
Albert Camus - L'Étranger
Thomas Mann - Buddenbrooks (German Realism)
Günter Grass - Die Blechtrommel [The Tin Drum] - Part 1 of his Danzig Trilogy

Hope you find some inspiration, LOL. Sorry for the long off topic post. I just love books and literature. 🥰

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Whilst I agree with the majority of what you have stated, having experienced past N/P romantic partners, family members, work colleagues throughout my long life to date. And, before you ask, yes I have had therapy regarding it all. PLUS, through that therapy and education of the "type" am now so much more aware of their traits and characteristics etc. NCEA is the only way forward and through to the other side.
Having said that, I am still very much intrigued by N/Ps, especially in the media/YT. Obviously, not in my real life! :D
IMHO, HG Tudor is an entirely different level of arrogant, self confessed N/P to Sam Vaknin. Just 100% off the scale AND, at least Sam Vaknin personally exposed himself as to who he is in real life, unlike HG Tudor, who is still hiding behind his mask - I wonder why? Coward springs to my mind
BUT, your last sentence especially struck a cord with me :
People who are stupid enough to fall for their lies deserve all they get.
That is such a generalised statement and simply so absolutely unfair to the N/P world "unaware" imho.
Yes I've had counselling too. Unfortunately I had to educate the counsellor about NPD. I actually loathe H G Tudor. I cannot bear to listen to his voice. I'm not a super fan of Sam Vaknin either as he also is a narcissist. But they are useful for educational purposes. I preferred (at the time of the thunderbolt realisation of what I had happened to me) were groups on IG where others shared their experiences.
I thought it was clear that I was talking about how a narcissist is. The phrase People who are stupid enough to fall for their lies deserve all they get is what narcs think of their victims. Not my view.
You're welcome.

• Heart
View attachment 1535017

Susan Harris
4 hours ago
Just a thought. Would it be worth while Phillip going off to do a course/ degree in something that he enjoys. Interior design, some kind of fabric/ art course in for example Paris. He’s very young, it would give him something more substantial looking towards his future.
He’s got an engineering degree (told when he first landed) so I doubt it very much, in any case, free room and board, a salary for his services to Fanny, endless wine, partying, all for doing Jack tit. He will milk it until the day Fanny sells and ventures to Venice…. then he’ll come out, set up an antique shop in Amsterdam and sell all the tat he bought! to survive….

• Wow
Is that what she wore to a wedding? Dana, there comes a point in every woman’s life where it is time to stop shopping in the juniors/teen section. Perhaps the size will fit, but the styles are just not meant for you anymore.
Actually, I think she's been shopping in one of "those" shops where latex and fluffy handcuffs are dériger!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have just watched the most recent vlog and my goodness, so many things have annoyed me. Philip's know-it-all aura was all pervasive. Stephanie annoyed me by making it clear that a lot of money was going to be required to fix the chapel ceiling, yet a minute later, told Mummy that "I think that the entire upstairs corridor needs completely redecorating". Had she not focused on superficial redecorating and other non-essential expenses for the past 17 or so years, then maybe she would have a pot of money from which she could take the money required to fix the chapel properly.

More annoyance - another ruddy birthday celebration for Stephanie. It's pathetic that someone of her age is so desperate each year to draw out her birthday. Because I have lived on the other side of the world from my family for the past 14 years, I rarely get birthday presents, or birthday cake, or people singing happy birthday to me (I'm not looking for sympathy by the way 😁), so I just don't understand her attention seeking behaviour. She gives the impression that she deserves this adulation.

Also, one of the YouTube ads that came on was for a charity that helps deliver surgery for people with cleft palates. A young boy was interviewed who'd had surgery and whose life had changed so much for the better as a result of it. He was clearly in Africa (I didn't see the country specified in the ad). If Stephanie is truly concerned for people on the African continent, then why doesn't she donate money to a charity like this, instead of an airy fairy nothing "charity" that isn't going to end up helping anyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.