The Chateau Diaries #173 Patreon Day Might Be Season Finale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Bunny Williams and I am a minimalist! Saw this video too and thought that Miss Jarvis would do well to employ Bunny to arrange some of the farmhouse rooms.
That home gives me the shivers. Far too much STUFF. I hate too much stuff. It just has to be picked up and dusted around & under & swept around. I prefer a few beautiful things which I move around the house so that I see them again if that makes sense. Every surface in that house is covered with stuff. Books displayed on a table not for their content but for their look or bragging of how cultured the owner is. I loathe open shelving, put things away in cupboards or else it's just showing off how much STUFF you have. That god awful pool house built out of wood to represent a temple. Every space in this house is filled with STUFF, too many chairs, too many plants, too many fabrics. I'd be in there with 20 skips clearing out rooms so that you can walk around them, chucking ornaments away so that you can see the gorgeous ones through the mass of dross. If she was let loose at Fanny's she'd be bringing more stuff in & cluttering up what is already a mix of an indoor brocante, a 70s care home & the back storeroom of the Oxfam shop 😂 😂 Rant over. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The Fleuries asked for permission for their renovations and got it. I just don't know how long they waited, I don't feel like researching. They also have a sign that stands out at every construction site.
What a slap in the face to SJ.
That’s because the Flowers do things properly.

The influencer and his wife might take their time but they do get things done and the end results are tasteful and do not look cheap - the antithesis of LowLande.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I found today’s Chateau Diaries vlog cringeworthy and confusing. Considering Stephanie has 100% control over what we see, one wonders what she is playing at. It seems she would have us believe that her mother is a cranky old scold, yet we see Isabelle and Percy crammed in the backseat of an automobile completely unsuited for a long journey with two elderly passengers, thus causing us to feel sympathy for both of them. Then she chortles over the small bed her mother and Percy will presumably share (unless Percy has a separate room). Is Stephanie subconsciously trying to recreate the mistreatment of the elderly she witnessed her parents commit? Does she resent Percy replacing her father? Is she taking revenge on Isabelle by infantalizing her? Is she trying to weaponize Phillip as her partner in crime or merely setting him up for Isabelle’s wrath? That she is unaware of how the most casual observer can discern the tension obvious from today’s vlog demonstrates her utter lack of self-awareness, unless, which I doubt, she is playing a long game yet to be revealed.
Yes, I think a mighty power struggle took place. I think Stephanie is still terrified of her mother, and Isabelle gave as good as she got. Waking them up, their not having set an alarm or made an appearance, a particularly nice touch.
I hope Percy is not as unwell as he seemed, just holding his fire on camera.

Reactions: 25
As its (apparently) Isobel’s car I feel she should of sat in the front seat of her own vehicle. I’m sure Percy would not have a problem sat next to Snorts?
But, as we all know, the car isn't really IJ's, is it?
And, I am certain, that IJ would far rather sit in the back next to her husband no matter how uncomfortable, so that they could talk between themselves easily, fall asleep as desired and hold hands whenever SJ's driving got a little bit too scary on the motorway. Much safer option. :cool:
IJ is not interested in that car whatsoever, but of course, it will come in handy for trips out when she and Percy feel the need to get away from the madness of the HMN during their "proposed" extended stay.
As I have previously stated, Percy looks incredibly frail these days whereas, IJ, seems to be thriving but her lying/acid tongue, unfortunately, is still in full force. As witnessed by the fact that in the vlogs, that she and SJ instantly recognise exactly when to cut conversations abruptly short without further explanation!
I imagine that IJ is a doppleganger of her own mother, e.g. stern, controlling, manipulative, unforgiving etc - unlike Aunty, who is much gentler. Perhaps Aunty she takes after, what I imagine, was her long suffering father???? Plus, her older sister ruled the roost whilst they were growing up!
That's exactly the dynamic within my own family. I have often been told that I am like "chalk and cheese" where a few of my siblings are concerned - by people who knew my siblings, but, had never met me, were shocked that we were even actually siblings.
Therefore, as I have come to accept in later life, you either fall one side or the other within the genetic, family pool tree. Fascinating really. :love:

Reactions: 13
While I have no doubt that Isabelle is a bit of a raving, lunatic witch, I found the whole vlog yesterday a bit of an act. Everyone shown had a particular role. We have to remember that what we see is what Stephanie wants us to see. This is the narrative she's chosen for this act of the Chateau Diaries. In Stephanie's mind, focus is taken off the missing accounts, the lack of meaningful, real work being done on her home on the patron's dime.........she thinks - she desperately WANTS - the focus to be anywhere but on accountability, so we will now be shown the comical antics of an old player, Mummy.

It's a nice diversion, but I'm not fooled. I don't think any of us are!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
While I have no doubt that Isabelle is a bit of a raving, lunatic witch, I found the whole vlog yesterday a bit of an act. Everyone shown had a particular role. We have to remember that what we see is what Stephanie wants us to see. This is the narrative she's chosen for this act of the Chateau Diaries. In Stephanie's mind, focus is taken off the missing accounts, the lack of meaningful, real work being done on her home on the patron's dime.........she thinks - she desperately WANTS - the focus to be anywhere but on accountability, so we will now be shown the comical antics of an old player, Mummy.

It's a nice diversion, but I'm not fooled. I don't think any of us are!
I 100% agree. They all work to a pre-determined/well rehearsed script, without a shadow of a doubt! :love:
What I most like, is that Percy sometimes appears to go off script - golden! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, I think a mighty power struggle took place. I think Stephanie is still terrified of her mother, and Isabelle gave as good as she got. Waking them up, their not having set an alarm or made an appearance, a particularly nice touch.
I hope Percy is not as unwell as he seemed, just holding his fire on camera.
Do you really think Fanny is scared of her Mother? I don't think for a minute that she is. No-one puts Fanny in the corner. It's all to make her look the victim and mummy the battle axe. She's hiding in plain sight behind mama's skirts letting her do the dirty work - metaphorically shrugging her shoulders at her bullying the volunteers, serving up scraps & ostensibly ruling the roost. What can I do? everyone knows mummy is a harridan & I'm just sunny Stephanie who loves her sooooo much despite what she's like. Yeah right. I can see right through this poor little Fanny routine - they're all playing a part & complicit in the on screen scam story.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Is the middle of a town really the best place to test drive an unfamiliar car?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Is the middle of a town really the best place to test drive an unfamiliar car?
I’m patiently waiting for a new post saying ‘Hi, I’m new to Tattle and from Framlington, I found you when I Googled Stephanie Jarvis. You’ll never guess what I saw last week ….’ 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I laughed out loud when Philip, after cramming people and luggage into that car, shows up at Stephanie's side with a tissue paper cover and is like "it can't fit! Whatever are we going to do? We'll leave it here and get it on the next trip". Then Stephanie whines "Oh, but I love it so! It's so pretty!" or however that little conversation went.......I guess Philip thought they could leave the tissue cover at Gerry's office, so Gerry could cherish it for Stephanie the way he guards that other prized possession of his, that sports team picture - another viewer gift that they jokingly referred to as a "perk" of Chateau Diaries!

With the little regard shown for two older people shoved in the backseat, I'm surprised one of them wasn't asked to hold the tissue holder on the trip!

The whole thing was laughable. I don't know if she bought that cover in that little town or if she brought it from home, but that tissue cover was shown more respect than Isabelle and Percy. From what I've been reading here about the two of them, maybe that's all the respect they deserve. I don't know, it was just a stupid scene. Especially when you see that later, Philip has a teacup in a death grip between his thighs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Do you really think Fanny is scared of her Mother? I don't think for a minute that she is. No-one puts Fanny in the corner. It's all to make her look the victim and mummy the battle axe. She's hiding in plain sight behind mama's skirts letting her do the dirty work - metaphorically shrugging her shoulders at her bullying the volunteers, serving up scraps & ostensibly ruling the roost. What can I do? everyone knows mummy is a harridan & I'm just sunny Stephanie who loves her sooooo much despite what she's like. Yeah right. I can see right through this poor little Fanny routine - they're all playing a part & complicit in the on screen scam story.
There is absolutely no way that Fanny is terrified of her mother. They are both playing to their usual script. However it suits her to portray her mother as a harridan, let's not forget that IJ was complicit in indulging her only child, as well as herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I must say, the blue paint job on Gerry's taxi place looks much better. Compare the colour from

and the dirty off-white from google street view

(which claims to be from Jun 2022, so the painting seems to be fairly new)

Reactions: 7
carole-busy-being-busy.gif

No one from Lalande joined the chat.
Yesterday's, 8/21/22, CD's live chat...

1661169860178.png

god the bachelor"s party will be over
The Tartan Topiary Hello to all!
Sweet Baby J Hello chateau friends!

1661170149971.png

@ulliks1 week ago
snow-white-wishing.gif

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts finally got a notification
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts sure Percy and Isabelle will be chuffed and delighted of the changes
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Maybe an umbrella for the table in courtyard
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Shame the courtyard doesn't have as much sun protection as garden walk path for pergola
Lisa Kilmer @the Chateau Diaries - Are you allowed to use water from the stream? At Citadelle du Cavalier they were not allowed to use their own well water.

1661170572804.png

Sweet Baby J I love her, but honestly hope Mummy isn’t really driving her new Mercedes around.
Gnarbel Jo @Sweet Baby J, why? how so?
Gnarbel Jo @Sweet Baby J, my Grandmother drove her Honda till she was 92
Sweet Baby J @Gnarbel Jo, love Mummy, some older people have issues behind the wheel. I’ve heard that Stephanie doesn’t want Isabelle on the riding mower anymore. I just want her to be careful & stay safe.
DeAnn P @Sweet Baby J She was scary on the mower LOL
Sweet Baby J @DeAnn P exactly! I know Isabelle has some issues with her eyesight, I’ve heard she’s doing better after surgery, but better safe than sorry whilst driving a car.
DeAnn P @Sweet Baby J I hope they update us one how she is doing with her eyesight. That will ,make me feel much better
Sweet Baby J @DeAnn P I would love an update.
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Isabelle has been on chat so I think she's fine for driving

lets-see-how-this-goes-bustle.gif

Sweet Baby J Anyone going to Patron Days in a few weeks?
Sweet Baby J I wish I was going to Patron Days, maybe next year!
Maria B @Sweet Baby J Same here! next year hopefully!
John I sent you are Patreon message a few days ago please check @the Chateau Diaries
Sweet Baby J Maria B, let’s see how this years turns out
The Expat Butchers & The Maison De Maitre We had such a lovely weekend at Lalande last year. Really want to go back and see the new things!

IJ and Percy.jpeg

Sweet Baby J Here we go!
Sweet Baby hope Stephanie & Philip will watch & chat with us!
Sweet Baby J That’s why I was worried about Mummy driving.
CasperP Don't let Marie W drive it back at LaLande if she visits
Sweet Baby J Are all 4 of them going to try to fit in the new Mercedes for that long drive to Lalande? Better then than me!
Lisa Kilmer That car looks awfully cramped. Brave folks
Lilith Lilith Let Mummy drive!

comedy-comedia.gif

Kent's Piano This will be exciting! I was at Lalande last October, and so much has changed since then. But Isabelle has been gone much longer.
Kent's Piano Hahahaha...la commedia et stupenda
Kent's Piano Such a beautiful part of France! I wasn't prepared for how hilly the area around Lalande is.

200w.gif

Sweet Baby J It’s a good thing Isabelle knocked on the door, you would have overslept
Kent's Piano Philip's priorities
ADKEMT Had she not knocked on your door you would have been 27 minutes late. Mummy knows what she is doing.
If X equals WHY Must have merch! - a t-shirt or a wall hanging - that says "The time is the time. Before the time is not the time. After the time is no longer the time

no-nope.gif

Sweet Baby J Are Stephanie or Philip watching live with us?
Jason Dubey Hi
Sweet Baby J @Jason Dubey hello!
caroline gooder .

Maria S..png
Marie Larkin.png
FRK Selmar.png

Sweet Baby J I just love Maria
Sweet Baby J Wow I can’t believe Maria has been at Lalande for a whole year

happy-candy-shop.gif

IJ hallway.png

Sweet Baby J Did they ever finish the flooring in Mummy’s room?
Jason Dubey This is a really nice apartment
Sweet Baby J I remember the couple that painted that coffee table!
Jason Dubey The pressure is going to be on now that Isabelle is home!
Jason Dubey Can I borrow Isabelle and Percy to whip the American River Inn into shape??? We need someone with some strength!
Jason Dubey Isabelle looks like a kid in a candy store

4fec8b0d-7a1d-4bbb-93fd-a45a3ef0a550_text.gif

Jason Dubey I wonder if the dried lavender stems would make good fire starters for the fireplaces?
Kent's Piano They are great thrown on the coals to finish off a BBQ
Jason Dubey @Lisa Kilmer I missed it. They are trying to be resourceful

1661171467896.png

Jason Dubey Do you always put the milk in first?
Sweet Baby J I miss Anders, he seems like an interesting character!

abbi-jacobson-ilana-glazer.gif

Kent's Piano Looking forward to the vlog where they plant thousands of bulbs..
Kent's Piano Delicious. My one regret of my visit to Lalande was that I missed the guest dinner.
Teri Renner at Holding Your Space @Kent's Piano so lovely you were there
Kent's Piano @Teri Renner at Holding Your Space It is truly a magical place.

SJ and BJJ laughing.png

Jason Dubey That laugh
Jason Dubey This was short but sweet. See you all next time!
caroline gooder Too short! Good night!

giphy.gif

Linda Elliott @ Jason Dubey …and i cant spell either!
Jason Dubey @Linda Elliott It's ok, I'm totally brain dead after July and August....
Sweet Baby J Goodnight chateau friends!
Jason Dubey@ Sweet Baby J Night Sweet Baby

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Yeah, I think she's terrified, based on the scene in an old vlog where Isabelle is having what is apparently an every day meltdown in the filthy laundry room. SJ walks in with the camera and we get a glimpse of the real Isabelle, ripping everybody (the isolated, carless, no phone-signal, starved, sexually harassed, overworked, uninsured volunteers) a new one. Until IJ catches a glimpse of the camera, which Stephanie had by then realized is her sword and buckler. Isabelle instantly puts on her smarmy smiling French chick face. For the camera. It's almost like the shape shifting we see the orange one doing, for example when he lurched into Hillary's frame during the 2016 debate. Or when showing his puppy belly to Putin.
Further, although the Mercedes is for Fanny's use alone, I get the sense she persuaded herself that she had laid it on as a propitiary offering as well. Cleaning the halls, too, I think, was propitiary. As is much of her poor-me virtue-signalling and absolutely bullshit cheese-paring.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.