The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pantry is finished. With new refrigerators, and there is also a curtain in the window (or not, I already forgot)
Of course …Mea Culpa …..the pantry that Dan decided to tackle while she was off on one of her many jaunts (& then took vlog credit for)

So a worktop & a pantry finished …… in 2 years 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I am puzzled of Patagonia. FRK has arrived in England and from her IG post implies that she is staying at the Grand hotel in Brighton. If it is just an overnight stay whilst she gets her act together then ok but why stay at such an expensive hotel when she knows she won’t be working for several weeks when she is attending her sea faring course. It seems non sensical not to conserve your money when you don’t know when your income will start again. Although she must have saved whilst working in Norway she was only there for a couple of months so her savings can’t be that large that she can afford to throw money away.
It's an old Instagram trick: book one night in a fancy hotel, take photos in multiple outfits, have dinner, lunch, breakfast, order room service, drinks and take photos, create perfect Kodak moments in the luxurious setting... move to a cheap dump but keep on posting the fancy hotel photos...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Since Isabelle Jarvis made it clear she likes to lead by example, I thought it would be a good idea to give some background to this statement and explain just what those examples entail, by quoting from an email that was send to Stephanie a couple of years ago by a workawayer that was left under her mother’s “care” while the charlataine was frolicking around the world:

“Hello Stephanie !

I am writing to inform you that we have come to a point, where we will have to buy and cook our own food, in order to provide for adequate nutrition. Your Mom's cooking repertoire does not extend beyond sautéing canned vegetables or "covering" them with mayonnaise. The vegetables that she uses are mostly high-glycemic, and they are normally not accompanied by any kind of animal protein, short of tiny pieces of "lardon" on a good day. Today, for example, our daily ration consisted of 2 eggs, 2 Tb of grated cheese, 1/2 of bell pepper, 1 Tb of grated celery root covered in mayonnaise, 2 Tb of rockette procured from the garden, and lemon balm tea procured from the garden, as well.

It is hard for a working adult with a normal metabolism, not to mention a growing child, to survive on the amount and the quality of food that is provided by your mother in this 18th c English workhouse fare. Yesterday, we were told that when getting out of the table, we should still feel hunger. That may be so, if one rushes through the meal, but not after a meal that lasts 45 minutes to an hour. It takes 1,400 cal for a body just to live and perform bodily functions, and what your mother feeds us does not come anywhere close to that.

Due to this ongoing problem with the shortage of food and its quality, I have started to look for an earlier placement elsewhere, in order to expedite our departure from LaLande. In the interim, since I will have to buy and cook our own meals, please inform your mother that we will be able to put only 2.5 hours of work per day. After all, you are the registered workaway host, not your mother. You are the one, who has to call the shots and tackle the problems.”

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Did anyone else notice that Isabelle nearly let the cat out of the bag around 7:45 when they were discussing that they would be around until January and then SJ and IJ stopped themselves rather abruptly but, Percy immediately said that it might be longer? SJ then said that she was really very happy without further explanation!
So, is all the UK Gov talk in connection with Percy moving to the UK as a permanent resident perhaps? :unsure:
Time will tell!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Since Isabelle Jarvis made it clear she likes to lead by example, I thought it would be a good idea to give some background to this statement and explain just what those examples entail, by quoting from an email that was send to Stephanie a couple of years ago by a workawayer that was left under her mother’s “care” while the charlataine was frolicking around the world:

“Hello Stephanie !

I am writing to inform you that we have come to a point, where we will have to buy and cook our own food, in order to provide for adequate nutrition. Your Mom's cooking repertoire does not extend beyond sautéing canned vegetables or "covering" them with mayonnaise. The vegetables that she uses are mostly high-glycemic, and they are normally not accompanied by any kind of animal protein, short of tiny pieces of "lardon" on a good day. Today, for example, our daily ration consisted of 2 eggs, 2 Tb of grated cheese, 1/2 of bell pepper, 1 Tb of grated celery root covered in mayonnaise, 2 Tb of rockette procured from the garden, and lemon balm tea procured from the garden, as well.

It is hard for a working adult with a normal metabolism, not to mention a growing child, to survive on the amount and the quality of food that is provided by your mother in this 18th c English workhouse fare. Yesterday, we were told that when getting out of the table, we should still feel hunger. That may be so, if one rushes through the meal, but not after a meal that lasts 45 minutes to an hour. It takes 1,400 cal for a body just to live and perform bodily functions, and what your mother feeds us does not come anywhere close to that.

Due to this ongoing problem with the shortage of food and its quality, I have started to look for an earlier placement elsewhere, in order to expedite our departure from LaLande. In the interim, since I will have to buy and cook our own meals, please inform your mother that we will be able to put only 2.5 hours of work per day. After all, you are the registered workaway host, not your mother. You are the one, who has to call the shots and tackle the problems.”
If I had ever received such an e mail, I would have been covered in embarrassment. I hope the situation was righted immediately. Thank you for sharing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
What sane nearly 50 year old goes on about her birthday like that? She is such a child. "When you bring me presents in bed". She was indulged too much by her daddy. Time for Fanny to grow up & stop acting like a two year old.
AND this is someone who had opened literally thousands of gifts over the past two years. Even if she was a poor little rich girl and never got presents as a child, I think the grossness of the gift grab grift over the past two years, or is it three, has made up for that!
It’s disgusting!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Nobody asked, but I would like to see a vlog on Fanny actually preparing for three days worth of Patreon visitors to her chateau. The spreadsheets of all the organisation, how it is being catered, plans for the guests etc and look forward to the footage of the three days. I hope lots of people take their own footage. How this all goes, may well be very revealing. And as for those from here who have laid plans to enliven the proceedings, I really hope there are high quality recordings. Sadly, with the advance notice, I think she will have a security team in place - I would.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

“Hello Stephanie !

That is shocking! Poor volunteer … that is just exploitation. The comment about getting up from the table hungry also portrays well her attitude towards overweight people as being feckless ….as you have alluded to many times.

No wonder Percy is looking more & more frail if that’s what she has been feeding him for 2 years.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

“Hello Stephanie !

I'm impressed that 1. You somehow were copied with this email and 2. That you had the foresight to keep it. I always worry that you have not kept all your powder dry but I guess what you have shared with us is only the tip of the iceberg. When you do let loose all your powder it's going to be one he'll of a KABOOM.

Reactions: 45

“Hello Stephanie !

I am writing to inform you that we have come to a point, where we will have to buy and cook our own food, in order to provide for adequate nutrition. ”
One can only assume that this is also the way Isabelle Jarvis fed the 'inmates' at their Care Home(s). I dread to think how they were treated when no one was looking. Old habits die hard.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Unfortunately - it's just not going to happen. She is a narc grifter; honing her skills since ages ago.
So true! I somehow find it very childish of her patrons wanting to give her money and then expect her to use it as wanted. This option is not on the table. How many times this needs to be proven before they understand it and stop giving her money? Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
If I had ever received such an e mail, I would have been covered in embarrassment. I hope the situation was righted immediately. Thank you for sharing.
No, it wasn't. From a follow up email:

"Thanks for your reply. To answer your question: no, things has not gotten better. I have offered your Mom to cook decent meals for everybody, but both times her answer was : "I don't think so !" Her attitude towards our grievances has been consistently cavalier, if not hostile.
Tonight, we are going to bed without a dinner, after being told that we should buy our own food.
I have no problem with buying and cooking our own meals, but as it goes with the workaway, when the helpers have to take care of their own food, our work hours will be cut by half. I believe your Mom may not be aware of that, since yesterday I had to explain to her that after 5 days of work helpers are entitled to 2 days off . Would you kindly inform her about that ?
We would also appreciate if you could arrange for a once every other day lift to a supermarket and for some free space in one of the refrigerators, so that we could put our food there. Right now, they are all stuffed full of meat that never finds its way to the table, so, perhaps, another refrigerator for workawayers' specific use is in order ?
Thank you for your attention to this matter."

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
That is shocking! Poor volunteer … that is just exploitation. The comment about getting up from the table hungry also portrays well her attitude towards overweight people as being feckless ….as you have alluded to many times.

No wonder Percy is looking more & more frail if that’s what she has been feeding him for 2 years.
Typical old people home fare-too hard to cook fresh vegetables and some protein on site and plan nutritious menus. God only knows what the poor souls put up with in her Care homes. With that dragon/matron doing the rounds, tit food, and as evident from the the filthy tit show, dirty linen- it would be hell. Especially as the residents were Alzheimer patients. She has really "lead by example"- her mirror image is her dis-functional, deluded, greedy daughter- way to go Isabelle. Great legacy.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I'm impressed that 1. You somehow were copied with this email and 2. That you had the foresight to keep it. I always worry that you have not kept all your powder dry but I guess what you have shared with us is only the tip of the iceberg. When you do let loose all your powder it's going to be one he'll of a KABOOM.
To answer your concerns: 1. the charlataine found this whole situation hilariously funny (as she finds all her mothers bad behavior hilariously funny), enough so to share the emails with multiple people. 2. that's the plan.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

“Hello Stephanie !

Speechless 😶

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
One can only assume that this is also the way Isabelle Jarvis fed the 'inmates' at their Care Home(s). I dread to think how they were treated when no one was looking. Old habits die hard.
I posted something similar after you- didn't see your post, sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Y'all. Patreon vlog late. AGAIN.
She should email at like 5pm on a Weds eve if it won't be posted on Weds (in France or UK I guess) so that people don't stay up waiting for it.
I KNOW it is deeply uncool to stay up waiting but honestly - I look forward to it - like I look forward to any other scheduled TV show.
She made such a point of filming up until the last minute and I was like "hun this is NOT the way to go."
Also - does anyone else think she should let Patrons know when one of her epis of Chateau DIY airs? Like just basic bits of community management seem missing and it's a shame.
I'm glad her tours etc are going to another channel tbh - I know other people like them but I don't love them although it does seem she wants to be more professional with the tours so I'm in favour of that rather than just wondering around gushing about things.
I was watching an old one the other day and it made me wish she incorporated more before and after footage throughout all the videos - because, especially with so much done for TV, it's quite hard to keep track.
The daybed in the entrance hall is still killing me. It honestly makes me want to scream into a properly-upholstered piece of furniture.
Perhaps then the next thread should be called “The Chateau Diaries #172: Oops My Patreon Video is Late Again Just Like My Taxes.”

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
According to this workaway volunteer Percy was in on it, even back then. From the same email:
"Also, yesterday, during lunch time, there was an argument between Percy and Isabelle as to whether everyone should be allowed to eat a thin slice of packaged ham with their salad. I do not believe that Percy's objection was coming from his concern about exposing us to this unhealthy nitrate-packed product. It was quite obviously coming from the considerations of economy."

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.