The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could be that they're on a low tier electricity. We had that in our first house over here. We couldn't have the heaters AND the hot water tank on at the same time. Or the hob and the kettle. The circuit breaker would pop from overload. It was just a quick call to EDF. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar thing in Spain.
Our place used to be the same, have the washing machine going and then boil the kettle and that was it. Ah, those were the days lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What ‘interior works’ is Isobel looking forward to seeing exactly?

The gaps in the wallpapering?
The stains from all of the radiator leaks?
The unfinished pink bathroom with leaking shower?
The gaping great hole in the wall leading to ‘Gerry’s Apartment’?
The demolition of Fanny’s office wall?
The TOTAL demolition of the grand salon?

Ah yes….. I remember ….. it will be the new bamboo work surface around the washing up sink. The only thing actually finished.
Finished yes, but a ball's up. Dan's 'yes of course I know how to use a router and instructions are for numpties' attitude meant there is now a bloody great gouge in the new bamboo work surface.

I think Isabelle will be disgusted by the lack of progress, but that she'll hide her disappointment and opinion from the pink phone - or it will be edited out. 😕 It's easy enough to show her delight in the courtyard's espaliered trees, the update of pink twirl room, x2 tidy hallways (did that last btw or have they become a dumping ground for unwanted gift grab junk again?), the handy toile multiple pocket thing for kitchen utensils inside the filthy kitchen cupboard, a few new unnecessarily expensive chandeliers, even Ian the Plasterer's work in the tower... but it's all superficial, frivolous and unnecessary costly with no actual renovations being completed. Even with Amaury's small contribution to the panelling, the building itself is unsound and needs shoring up. Everything else is cosmetic.

Reactions: 25
We have called a “birth bath” to wash up with a cloth and soap.
Others overheard this type also referred to- “as a bleep bath at the BP station”! Yikes- sorry just a little crass (descriptive). 🙊
My grandmother used the phrase spit bath for a wash up with basin and cloth. She referred to a splash of perfume as a bleep’s bath. Though not in front of the children!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
In the Patron video for this week, I was struck by how many times Stephanie had to ask the question "what are you most looking forward to and what are you least looking forward to" and Isabelle answered what she was least looking forward to right off the bat! It's like she couldn't think of anything she was looking forward to and had to keep being prompted! I'm with her! I would look forward to nothing at that dumpy place! And I especially wouldn't look forward to the cold and damp quarters that will be coming in a couple of months. Look at Percy - in a sweater - and it's hot in the UK right now, isn't it? It sounded as if she and Percy are quite happy where they are in the UK and it's almost as if Stephanie is forcing them to come there! In light of Clara's revelation today regarding Isabelle's horrible treatment of Workaway volunteers, perhaps Isabelle doesn't want to go back because there's no one there she can terrorize!

I watched the video last night, so can't bear to go back and quote exactly - Stephanie's fake and shrill laughter was over the top in this video - but at one point, when they were going on and on about how long it had been since they'd been at CLL, Stephanie made a childish comment along the lines of "you had her for two years in South Africa, so it's only fair that we get her until January". Such a childish, selfish comment made to two aging people who have no business being at that place for that long a timespan!

And why are they going to be there that long when neither one of them seem all that enthused to be doing so? They seem quite happy where they are right now in the UK. Why is it that they can't just visit for a bit and go back to UK? Why can't they just make a couple of trips back and forth instead of living there at the chateau for 6 months or more if they don't like being there!

It's all very strange to me. As usual, nothing there makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
In the morning we will meet for the breakfast in bed ceremony for my birthday... <----- sadly that is a DIRECT QUOTE!!! RIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH!
View attachment 1507804
Does she have any idea how STUPID that sounds???

Is it normal for someone SJ's age to still be this excited about her own birthday?

View attachment 1507795
Never mind... Rhetorical question...

Helloooooooooo awkward pause when SJ said IJ was worried about never seeing Percy again...

View attachment 1507800
It's not like she even needs to think about her words. They can just keep doing retakes till they get the script right.
Right?
RIGHT???

View attachment 1507812

This is the :poop: she puts out on Patreon??? You can't make this up!!! Those idiots deserve to get fleeced.
I’ve recently been wondering what her patrons are missing in their lives for which Stephanfraudie fills the need? Comme c'est tragique!

• Sad
Reactions: 25
To answer your concerns: 1. the charlataine found this whole situation hilariously funny (as she finds all her mothers bad behavior hilariously funny), enough so to share the emails with multiple people. 2. that's the plan.
Well the fruit certainly doesn't fall far from the tree does it. Shows just how much Fanny appreciates her workaways.....no appreciation what so ever. If we were ever in any doubt, it's things like this that just reaffirm it all for us. What low life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
xx

Wondering what kind of medical apparatus this is on Percy? His voice has lost depth...higher pitched....or is it just me??
View attachment 1507752

I feel kind of bad, they got away from all of the Shiteau madness and now may be stuck there till January...poor things. :oops: :oops:

Thank you!! Sincerly, A Filthy Animal :p
Thank you @RWChatter for sharing... Not sure if Isabelle was supposed to reveal their stay would be longer, she looked a little hesitant... also I wonder if Dan knows there is a vacancy for a handyman? @Clara Burnett do you know of the reasoning behind this? Man cub really believes he is part of this family doesn't he? Poor boy is so disillusioned... I must admit IJ looks really well for her age sadly the same can't be said about Percy.

And why are they going to be there that long when neither one of them seem all that enthused to be doing so? They seem quite happy where they are right now in the UK. Why is it that they can't just visit for a bit and go back to UK? Why can't they just make a couple of trips back and forth instead of living there at the chateau for 6 months or more if they don't like being there!
They way I understood it, I&P will be flitting between UK and France between now and Jan. I expect they will then return to SA.

I still don't understand what is happening with the Merc. It seems they will all four be driving back to France in it, but it's a UK-registered right-hand- drive car, so not much use in France and would need to get French registration if it's over there long-term. If the car really is for Isabelle, that suggests she and Percy will be planning to spend more time in the UK and less in SA. Probably none of this was relevant for SJ; she just bought it because she wanted to drive it.

Reactions: 24
So a worktop & a pantry finished …… in 2 years 🤣
And yet, the old rusty shelving was reinstalled in the pantry. Didn't Fannykins say she wanted new shelving for the area? Easy enough to do, so where is it? And what about curtainsor shutters for the room? Was coving installed? I don't recall.

Reactions: 14
Did anyone else notice that Isabelle nearly let the cat out of the bag around 7:45 when they were discussing that they would be around until January and then SJ and IJ stopped themselves rather abruptly but, Percy immediately said that it might be longer? SJ then said that she was really very happy without further explanation!
So, is all the UK Gov talk in connection with Percy moving to the UK as a permanent resident perhaps? :unsure:
Time will tell!
Well from that chat I gather they don't feel safe to walk around in SA... and they clearly don't want to be at the chateau for any length of time, so Framlingham it is..

Thank you @RWChatter for sharing... Not sure if Isabelle was supposed to reveal their stay would be longer, she looked a little hesitant... also I wonder if Dan knows there is a vacancy for a handyman? @Clara Burnett do you know of the reasoning behind this? Man cub really believes he is part of this family doesn't he? Poor boy is so disillusioned... I must admit IJ looks really well for her age sadly the same can't be said about Percy.
Are they moving to the UK for free healthcare?

In the Patron video for this week, I was struck by how many times Stephanie had to ask the question "what are you most looking forward to and what are you least looking forward to" and Isabelle answered what she was least looking forward to right off the bat! It's like she couldn't think of anything she was looking forward to and had to keep being prompted! I'm with her! I would look forward to nothing at that dumpy place! And I especially wouldn't look forward to the cold and damp quarters that will be coming in a couple of months. Look at Percy - in a sweater - and it's hot in the UK right now, isn't it? It sounded as if she and Percy are quite happy where they are in the UK and it's almost as if Stephanie is forcing them to come there! In light of Clara's revelation today regarding Isabelle's horrible treatment of Workaway volunteers, perhaps Isabelle doesn't want to go back because there's no one there she can terrorize!

I watched the video last night, so can't bear to go back and quote exactly - Stephanie's fake and shrill laughter was over the top in this video - but at one point, when they were going on and on about how long it had been since they'd been at CLL, Stephanie made a childish comment along the lines of "you had her for two years in South Africa, so it's only fair that we get her until January". Such a childish, selfish comment made to two aging people who have no business being at that place for that long a timespan!

It's all very strange to me. As usual, nothing there makes sense.
For content... she's run out at this point...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t think Fanny will film or show some of Mummy’s rants about the lack of progress in the Dump renovations or unfinished projects. Percy and Mummy ignore the Douche Lord unless he directly speaks to the them while filming. Fanny has her hand over her face in the majority of the video to hide her facial expressions.
Btw really posh people know not to put their elbows on the table.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
That Mercedes would be very uncomfortable and cramped for any rear passengers for even a short trip.

Reactions: 16
Of course …Mea Culpa …..the pantry that Dan decided to tackle while she was off on one of her many jaunts (& then took vlog credit for)

Both finished by Dan🤣 I am beginning to think Dan left of his own accord. He couldn’t take Philip anymore probably. He was filming for the folks at Chateau La Motte the last vlog. He is working his side hustle free from the clutches of LaLande. Too bad for Stephanie, actually, because her camera man won’t stop talking and ruins her vlogs......

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Nobody asked, but I would like to see a vlog on Fanny actually preparing for three days worth of Patreon visitors to her chateau. The spreadsheets of all the organisation, how it is being catered, plans for the guests etc and look forward to the footage of the three days. I hope lots of people take their own footage. How this all goes, may well be very revealing. And as for those from here who have laid plans to enliven the proceedings, I really hope there are high quality recordings. Sadly, with the advance notice, I think she will have a security team in place - I would.
She already has her security team in place. Why do you think Isabelle has returned reluctantly?

Typical old people home fare-too hard to cook fresh vegetables and some protein on site and plan nutritious menus. God only knows what the poor souls put up with in her Care homes. With that dragon/matron doing the rounds, tit food, and as evident from the the filthy tit show, dirty linen- it would be hell. Especially as the residents were Alzheimer patients. She has really "lead by example"- her mirror image is her dis-functional, deluded, greedy daughter- way to go Isabelle. Great legacy.
What a shame UK authorities can’t go back through records and prosecute the old battle axe for abuse of the elderly and infirm.

Of course …Mea Culpa …..the pantry that Dan decided to tackle while she was off on one of her many jaunts (& then took vlog credit for)
And yet, the old rusty shelving was reinstalled in the pantry. Didn't Fannykins say she wanted new shelving for the area? Easy enough to do, so where is it? And what about curtainsor shutters for the room? Was coving installed? I don't recall.
Also, I remember when the camera accidentally went up a little too high, you could see the electrical wires just draped and hanging from the ceiling. The pantry was never really finished and it was half assed because Dan did it.

Half assed and unfinished… so Lalande!

BE4B611D-9ED7-439D-94E7-E3A4A22DE986.jpeg

Reactions: 23
They way I understood it, I&P will be flitting between UK and France between now and Jan. I expect they will then return to SA.

I still don't understand what is happening with the Merc. It seems they will all four be driving back to France in it, but it's a UK-registered right-hand- drive car, so not much use in France and would need to get French registration if it's over there long-term. If the car really is for Isabelle, that suggests she and Percy will be planning to spend more time in the UK and less in SA. Probably none of this was relevant for SJ; she just bought it because she wanted to drive it.
On the trip back to France, and with the size of the Merc, it'll never fit x4 people's luggage in it anyway.

The Merc also raises the question as to who it's insured to - and is that Fanny, Perky or the Battle Axe? Or is it registered to the B&B itself, or the Association? It's a vlog prop, so deductibles are involved somehow, to be sure!

Reactions: 20
Another suggested new thread title…

“The Chateau Diaries #172 - Help Wanted: Mute Handyman with Excellent Camera and Editing Skills”

😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.