The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the trip back to France, and with the size of the Merc, it'll never fit x4 people's luggage in it anyway.

The Merc also raises the question as to who it's insured to - and is that Fanny, Perky or the Battle Axe? Or is it registered to the B&B itself, or the Association? It's a vlog prop, so deductibles are involved somehow, to be sure!
Is car or homeowners or workers comp insurance required by narcissistic chatelaine owners? I’ve heard rules and laws don’t apply to them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
And why are they going to be there that long when neither one of them seem all that enthused to be doing so? They seem quite happy where they are right now in the UK. Why is it that they can't just visit for a bit and go back to UK? Why can't they just make a couple of trips back and forth instead of living there at the chateau for 6 months or more if they don't like being there!

It's all very strange to me. As usual, nothing there makes sense.
From the evidence it could be said Mummy cares very much about appearances - she could be horrified by anyone suggesting her little girl is anything other than an angel - so she may just roll her sleeves up and try to address this. Phillip might not be giggling behind that camera for long...or little angel...

On another note my little girl just got all A's for her A'levels!!! She walked straight out of school with her results quietly so as not to upset some students who didn't do so well. So proud of her humility as well as her grades...and she will not be getting breakfast in bed tomorrow to celebrate!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Also, I remember when the camera accidentally went up a little too high, you could see the electrical wires just draped and hanging from the ceiling. The pantry was never really finished and it was half assed because Dan did it.

Half assed and unfinished… so Lalande!

View attachment 1508647
Ta Jules! I'd forgotten Dodgy Dan's wonky wiring. Some horrors I simply block from my mind. It's yet another example of "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
From the evidence it could be said Mummy cares very much about appearances - she could be horrified by anyone suggesting her little girl is anything other than an angel - so she may just roll her sleeves up and try to address this. Phillip might not be giggling behind that camera for long...or little angel...

On another note my little girl just got all A's for her A'levels!!! She walked straight out of school with her results quietly so as not to upset some students who didn't do so well. So proud of her humility as well as her grades...and she will not be getting breakfast in bed tomorrow to celebrate!
Will you drop her off at the closest private school's graduation dance...? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why won’t Philip shut up? Ugghhh!!!
It's as if once he has been given the opportunity to speak, usually initiated by a question to him by SJ, he thinks he has free reign to carry on. He's the camera man not part of the interview/conversation. Can you imagine a tv program for example whereby the cameraman keeps interrupting the interviewer or expressing their own personal views? He'd never work again...He really does think it's ok to do so because he feels his input is relevant and because he is SJ's man cub friend... I can't use the term boyfriend I just can't..

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Even better:

“The Chateau Diaries #172: Tommy Lee Stole & Tweeted The Wood Cutter’s Nude Photo - Timber!”

Sadly, Heathcliffe, there’s no PA!

Last edited:
Stephanie is scratching the floor like the rats in her attic for content. Just when I thought we’d make it through an entire Patron video without Baby PhiPhi interjections, he starts talking behind the pink phone and then never shuts up. Mind numbing banter.
I am sure we will be treated to the Princess Steph Birthday In Bed video. Steph is eternally 5 years old. I am tired of begging for PhiPhi to STFU. Meanwhile, how in the world are Mumsie and Percy going to deal with the first cold snap in the unseated farmhouse. They’re going to end up with pneumonia. And with Steph and her son’s travel schedule - how’s that going to work, they’re gone constantly to leave Mumsie & Percy to stroll around in blankets? What a SHITSHOW.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
It's as if once he has been given the opportunity to speak, usually initiated by a question to him by SJ, he thinks he has free reign to carry on. He's the camera man not part of the interview/conversation. Can you imagine a tv program for example whereby the cameraman keeps interrupting the interviewer or expressing their own personal views? He'd never work again...He really does think it's ok to do so because he feels his input is relevant and because he is SJ's man cub friend... I can't use the term boyfriend I just can't..
When he does say something, he says it 3 different ways... saying it 3 different ways doesn't make it funny or interesting...

Reactions: 13
Is car or homeowners or workers comp insurance required by narcissistic chatelaine owners? I’ve heard rules and laws don’t apply to them.
The Jag probably wasn't covered, hence why they never got it repaired after it got damaged.

Now why would they travel all the way from SA and empty all her household contents for the charity shop... unless she has a trailer load of stuff coming from SA to fill it? Thank you NHS! Am I right?

• Wow
  • Heart
I’m worried about all the stairs they have to climb to get to their apartment. She needs to instal one of those stair lifts.
Oh please do not lose any sleep over worrying about them. I have a feeling a lot of their time will be spent in their apartment. They will only meet up with SJ at dinner. IJ doesn't want to mix with any one and Percy isn't bothered about meeting new people just the usual inmates Amoury and Nutti.. they are the only 2 left for the original cast and even Amoury came late but he's family so thats ok. After the tour of the gardens there is very little for them to see and do. I'd be more concerned about them driving around in the convertable...

I am sure we will be treated to the Princess Steph Birthday In Bed video. Steph is eternally 5 years old.
I can picture Steffy, Squirrel, Mummy and Percy all cuddled up together in Steffy's bed in the morning opening pressie's , gobbling waffles and coffee all together under the Doona .
What a show ! :love: 🥳🤭💋🎂🥂🐿

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Now why would they travel all the way from SA and empty all her household contents for the charity shop... unless she has a trailer load of stuff coming from SA to fill it? Thank you NHS! Am I right?
There is something afoot... IJ definitely hesitated before she said they would be staying longer.... I got the the impression not necessarily at the HMN. @Clara Burnett do you have inside info you could share?

When he does say something, he says it 3 different ways... saying it 3 different ways doesn't make it funny or interesting...
True... it's just triple :poop:

Our place used to be the same, have the washing machine going and then boil the kettle and that was it. Ah, those were the days lol
I did wonder why they didn't just boil a saucepan of water on the stove and forget about the kettle.

Reactions: 9
According to this workaway volunteer Percy was in on it, even back then. From the same email:
"Also, yesterday, during lunch time, there was an argument between Percy and Isabelle as to whether everyone should be allowed to eat a thin slice of packaged ham with their salad. I do not believe that Percy's objection was coming from his concern about exposing us to this unhealthy nitrate-packed product. It was quite obviously coming from the considerations of economy."
Spam takes on a whole new meaning 🐷

• Haha
The stroking and petting of her mother was a creepy thing to watch. To actually see a narcissist in action infantilizing her own mother in front of her patreons... disturbing. Mummy won't fall for it, but her audience will.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Btw really posh people know not to put their elbows on the table.
(Oh the crap I know 🤣).

Refraining from placing one's elbows upon a table is a Medieval concept stemming from feasting while seated at a trestle table. At a feast, for example, guest tables were temporary and not a fixture of a great hall, but stored elsewhere and only set up for the duration of the banquet. As trestle tables were unstable, guests understood that placing their elbows on the trestle could result in tipping the table over. Poshness aside, these days it's irrelevant as to whether one places their elbows on the table or not.

banquets-middle-ages.jpg

Dover-Castle-Banquet-Hall-min.jpg

I'm somewhat surprised Fanny doesn't use this table configuration when she has dinner parties and guests. Sitting at the "high table" with everyone else seated "below the salt" is something, being the uppity cow she is, she'd be likely to embrace.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1508817

I'm somewhat surprised Fanny doesn't use this table configuration when she has dinner parties and guests. Sitting at the "high table" with everyone else seated "below the salt" is something, being the uppity cow she is, she'd be likely to embrace.
I am always kind of disappointed with the larger dining set ups at Lalande. Different sized tables oddly placed next to each other. Ex: a round table next to an oval, next to a rectangular table or something like that. I would think that knowing you often have larger groups, you would have the proper tables to set up. Probably not always left out, but available if needed. Even my scattered mil that that lives in a 55+ community in a trailer, has a proper table set up for when all 20 of her kids & grandkids occasionally come over for dinner.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.