The Chateau Diaries #17 Royally-flushed: tales and tattles from the skeptic tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole thing is evil and gripping but not in a good way!

I have not girded my loins to watch any but the first 5 minutes of 'how her chateau was saved' but I will say this, from the off I thought she looked uncomfortably nervous and she was very obviously trying really hard to retain her normal smiley, happy self. Also there was lots of eye fluttering going on which is usually a sign of deceit. Whoever said she looked relaxed, nah, not to me, it was a performance!

I think she is very worried by the Tattlers and knows for sure there are people out in the real world who see her for what she really is, and we ain't going away Steph, just so you know.

By the way I am planning to start a channel on how I am going to renovate my 1840's granite pile in Scotland, forget the one in New York, mine is far more worthy because I said so!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Wow, you know when you have made a spectacularly bad investment when your property is still worth the same 14 years later after sinking the best part of £1million into it. Shouldn't this be ringing alarm bells with the patrons especially as she could sell her London flat and pay for everything that is needed without holding out the begging cup.

Reactions: 24
The whole thing is evil and gripping but not in a good way!

I have not girded my loins to watch any but the first 5 minutes of 'how her chateau was saved' but I will say this, from the off I thought she looked uncomfortably nervous and she was very obviously trying really hard to retain her normal smiley, happy self. Also there was lots of eye fluttering going on which is usually a sign of deceit. Whoever said she looked relaxed, nah, not to me, it was a performance!

I think she is very worried by the Tattlers and knows for sure there are people out in the real world who see her for what she really is, and we ain't going away Steph, just so you know.

By the way I am planning to start a channel on how I am going to renovate my 1840's granite pile in Scotland, forget the one in New York, mine is far more worthy because I said so!
I thought she looked manic. Talking fast, and blinking and eye darting. She looked most uncomfortable.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
to Laurent & FrenchGirl123
re: ugly wall.
As promised and as I'm not the smartest one (what I understand)
in 2017 they (Dutch) bought a property in Indre département; so a deed of sale for the property (land + limits + building) was registered by a notary (= solicitor/lawyer) - compulsory by the French law- between them and the previous owner. The boundaries are based on either the cadastral plan (Land Registery) -cadastre in French- or a boundary marking (by a chartered land surveyor (expert-géomètre). The cadastral plan is only an indication of the land size (used for council and property taxes calculation). Legally ur only the marking.

For the cadastral plan (if not in possession), check :

If there's no boundary marking, you can call on a land surveyor (they will check and calculate precisely -centimeter !!) > it's now an official record (but you have to pay the cost of the demarcation).

The neighbour erected a wall (the ugly one) : you can refer to the local urban masterplan (PLU) ; there are some rules in rural municipalities regarding the height ...

art 653 to 673.

To sum up :
> the building is on the neighbor land = bad news for you (unless against local regulation)
> it's on your property (official record) > you send them a registered letter with acknowlegment of receipt (lettre recommandée avec accusé de réception) asking for destruction of the wall within ... days - weeks with return of the initial state (copy of marking).
If they don't move, you have to ask the mediator help
(http://www.metiers.justice.gouv.fr/...ique-12684/conciliateur-de-justice-26863.html)

Hope it helps
Thanks ! That's exactly what I was trying to explain in my bad not technical english to @Laurent .

Reactions: 6
To be fair at least she didn’t go down the MPK route of moaning. It’s good that she’s reading about herself on here and taking note!

Reactions: 12
Thanks ! That's exactly what I was trying to explain in my bad not technical english to @Laurent .
and if no move, you can sue them (Tribunal d'Instance) to oblige them (all cost for them) > I think after the meeting (mediator), they will understand where their interest is laying

Reactions: 3
It also seems very strange that she should suddenly mention the inheritance and that she spent it all on the initial renovations. She has never mentioned it before and clearly this sudden declaration, some time after starting her Patreon account, etc., reveals that she is just trying to cover herself after crticism about begging and using other people's money to restore her own home. Surely, she should have told everyone all the facts at the start. Presumably, as a result of using all that money, she must now have a bigger stake in it than the other two owners. And if she spent the whole inheritance on the chateau, where did the money for travel, hotels, restaurants, porcelain, clothes, etc. come from?
To be fair I have heard that before.

Being Devil's advocate:

It was interesting that she is giving interviews on how to obtain money (which lets face it is legitimate, questions regarding morals are all good and proper)

I was having a think because I didn't really understand patreon and have now likened it in my mind to English heritage or the National Trust. I think people see it as that (although the historical value is a moot point)

I also think she answered a lot of questions and accounts will be published. People have asked and questioned on here and I think that's good accountability. Her own personal finance, obviously is private (she funded her own hols beforehand and has her own tastes in clothes)

Further points ( I'm not saying I agree):YouTube, is a relatively new medium for this kind of platform. It will take a while to get to grips with the legalities of the finance and how patreon works. A year is a short time to change business plans. I should know on that score as mine changes a lot. If you factor Covid into the situation and the popularity of ETTCDIY, it would have been remiss of them to not capitalise on that. In fact I would suggest they had advice from the show that their businesses would improve as a quid pro quo thing for their participation in the show.

As you all know I loathe the Cadeau one. She thinks she has found a solution and I would hope it dies a death. Others have voiced opinions that the co owners should also have a say, yet SJ is the front of the publicity side and they have shown a reluctance and aren't involved. They also have a lot to be grateful for as they now have to work less to support the Chateau (I believe Nick's work kept general expenses covered as did the flat) I personally would like to see more input from them.

SJ lifestyle- well that's a mixed bag. We can knock the privilege and benefit from receiving such wealth. She is what she is and has what she has. Vlogging is now her job, the world has changed considerably. So has committed to delivery, until she no longer does anymore.

Moving beyond things...I agree re grifting and jumping on the bandwagon. The others I suspect will fall through the net. Personality and resilience on those mediums are definitely the key. Some are lacking, glaringly so on that front.

Also, where would we all be without the shows to Tattle about?

Reactions: 20
She needed to adjust and reinforce her narrative.
a) That her patrons pay for extra content and some want to participate in her restoration efforts (no grifting.)
b) How she's spent all her inheritance and income and so sacrificed her life towards saving the house (and forgetting Nick's contribution and the fact that IJ is sitting on millions.)
c) Her new full time job (that was emphasized ad nauseum, 70hrs/week REAL job!) as a vlogger now pays the running costs. She's working hard, not grifting.
d) Gift grab is purely for charitable reasons, keep the tat coming (she could donate anonymously, but her vain need to climb socially and to be recognized as a philanthropist, makes her attach her brand 'Lalande' into the scholarships, donations etc.)
e) Change of B&B concept and admitting she lives in the middle of nowhere with no prospects to make the B&B profitable if a person is hired instead of her doing the work.

Mini Apron is still pulling the strings in the shadows.
a) She probably promised the scholarship, Percy&she had the contact in ZA, not SSB.
b) Renovations start at her apartment. SSB better be a good daughter and pay back all the handouts she's given to bail her out financially over the years, so she's entitled to get her apartment insulated, heated, windows double glazed and a new parquet floor installed FIRST.

exactly ...spot on 🍸
just for clarity lets not forget she had both interns doing the editing for her for all
of dec and january - there on camera
and it is in her videos.....

sold 2 apartments in london 600 k chat ooo 895 k
mortgage 295 k ( who's nick and hers or all nick ) paid off 2017
inherentance
300 k to restoration ( hence no mortage for SSB) :m :m
london flat ( thread 3 - 4 had cost at 2006 at 500 k)

SSB was never broke ....had slush funds for rental to cover her monthly cost

true grifter was always NICK ...zero return on his investment
my guess is ...MPotts was a lump sum to finance nicks gite

again the grifters were potts and nick
SSB has overplayed her hand

Last edited:
Selling the Shatoo ..... could lead to a very bad disappointement (handymen meeting the French quality standards = DTU; eg electricity ?).

Reactions: 7
Oh yes. She’s wearing a dress over a drindle skirt. She loves them both so much she wears them together with her ever expanding waist cinched in with a brown leather belt that would look better on Dan in the garden holding his pants up and other myriad uses about the chateau. A fine pierce of useful sturdy leather. Back to the ensemble... she wears it often. I remember seeing her styling that look last year. Clearly she still thinks it’s a good look as she keep wearing them. Together. She has not got a clue when it comes to styling either herself or her ShatOfTat... she still has that god awful yellow cushion on the awful BJJ upholstered piece of junk in The Pissy Putrid Salon. When she loaded that seat up with mismatched cushions after BJJ (the only work he’s ever done) upholstered it and she did the big reveal even her rapid devotees pleaded with her to take the cushions off. Especially the yellow one “because they did not work with the sofa” (which is not the sort of seat you would use cushions on anyway) - but no - hideous yellow cushion still there. She hasn’t got a notion about interior design, decoration or styling. Every room especially the bedrooms look like Hyacinth Bucket vomited in every one and the interiors are the result.

No that weird tit going on at the side of her eye is always there regardless of whether she has her face Filled with Botox or not. It wears off. I’ve had it done many times and know a lot about it. Getting it done by a reputable professional is very very costly. But that eye skin thing is always there. I really think she owes us and her disciples a vlog to explain “weird eye skin thing” it kinda fascinates me.
I will defer to you ladies on that score.
I personally felt she looked very nice (shoot me down in flames...well Mrs G might 😂)

I know nothing about Botox and fillers other than the rubbish celebrity monstrosities we are presented with in the Daily rags.

Reactions: 8
The beekeeper pays in honey.
Yes, "payment" is honey...
Once a landowner starts renting to farmers for money laws get very very tricky. "Renting" by trading goods or services is the better way to go.... Farmers are very well protected in France...

Reactions: 9
Hello, I am new here. All the e-begging and scrounging got on my nerves and, thanks to MK P sobbing vlog, I searched and found Tattle.
Tattle should charge la Jarvis and send her a substancial invoice for marketing consultancy as she has used all the tattle comments to make her last video. She is appalling. But it was pretty obvious that at the beginning she was not very comfortable at all; forced smile and laugh worse than usual.
Blenheim, Chatsworth, la lande, between us you know..... 🙄
Her B&B is going to be members only, so chic :p She is taking a risk as some people might see what is really going on :giggle:
And her outfit :eek: She struck again. The summer dirndl underneath the summer dress (ideal to look fatter) with those boots and the coat. She is an absolute mess. Spending so much money coming from her hard work :LOL: to look so hideous. Maybe we should start a gofundme to send her to a "how to dress well" course.
Still plenty of travels, expensive clothes works to do 🤑🤑🤑 What a terrible life.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No that weird tit going on at the side of her eye is always there regardless of whether she has her face Filled with Botox or not. It wears off. I’ve had it done many times and know a lot about it. Getting it done by a reputable professional is very very costly. But that eye skin thing is always there. I really think she owes us and her disciples a vlog to explain “weird eye skin thing” it kinda fascinates me.
Thank you. What made me ask was her cheeks. They look like swollen tits on a nursing cat when she bends forward. I took a screenshot because I was wondering wtf is that abcess, huge pimples? Her cheeks look odd a lot. I've heard filler and botox can leave weird bumps. I really should research it for when the time comes to consider it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I wonder just how many gifts Tattlers have sent :cool::p
Really ghastly Valentine's gift grab- some appalling taste at the end: cushions, ornaments, etc. SJ's pronunciation of "batik" and Adonis was very odd. Selmar sees how totally ridiculous it all it is and finds it hilarious. Marie is clearly already out of it as far as SJ is concerned as she did not include her in any of the gifts set aside "for the ladies"!

How many young men in their early twenties would have gone abroad as a volunteer, taking suits, jackets and waistcoats with them? Watching Philip and SJ is rather like visiting a nursery school! I think there is something seriously wrong with adults like them who seem to be stuck in a time zone, at around the age of five. I don't find SJ charming at all now. Once you've seen two or three vlogs, you begin to see how much of a fake she is, the charlatan chatelaine. I really cannot understand how anyone with the slightest intelligence could find her otherwise!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Another thing that struck me about the vlog is how she said "then I had completely ran out of money!" followed by a manic laugh at least twice (don't want to go back and rewatch to count). People who have really faced poverty don't laugh like that about it, even if their situation changes and they're talking about it years later.

You haven't run out of money if you own a second home in zone 1 in London. OK it's an asset and not cash but any flat in that area would sell very fast and could be made into cash within weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Another thing that struck me about the vlog is how she said "then I had completely ran out of money!" followed by a manic laugh at least twice (don't want to go back and rewatch to count). People who have really faced poverty don't laugh like that about it, even if their situation changes and they're talking about it years later.

You haven't run out of money if you own a second home in zone 1 in London. OK it's an asset and not cash but any flat in that area would sell very fast and could be made into cash within weeks.
Exactly. And if she couldn't sell it or wanted to keep it as an asset - then she could probably make around £20k a year on it?

• Heart
Ah so all of the using and abusing workaways has been forgotten about? The way she has manipulated people under her roof mean nothing now? The fact that she had previously led people to believe that she was penny pinching on food because times were so hard thereby leading them to believe that she needed little treats to be sent to her & money to pay to fix her home were a figment of our imaginations? Nah. All she is now having to do is 'fess up. If you have a friend who told you that they were so strapped for cash that they couldn't afford to buy fresh mushrooms so tinned would have to do & then they were spotted in Venice on holiday buying a crown what would you think? If your pal told you that had to strap a hot water bottle round them to keep warm - whilst wearing an expensive vintage skirt would you think that perhaps they needed to get a job? If someone you knew who didn't work told you that they had just been on holiday to Vietnam which had been paid for by her older brother who is getting on in years would you think Oh good for you?
With narcissists it's what they leave out or gloss over you need to pay attention to. The workaways could bite her in the A$$. The fact that she's answering at all means she has to. Either for fear of losing patrons or there's a ton of worse dirt out there and she's afraid it's coming to light.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

How many people who have completely run out of money, travel and stay in the places she stays in, buy candles priced around £100; buy designer brand clothes; put on expensive parties, etc., etc. ? If the chateau meant so much to her, any repairs needed would take precedence over the "little" luxuries she allows herself. She would use anything left to go towards restoring her home, rather than expecting others to bail her out and "save her chateau", while she enjoys such a lifestyle. CdLL is nothing like any English Heritage or NT property, nor is it a historic castle, it's just a pleasure palace of a home for a faker who should be paying for its restoration herself and who has no concept of what a real job entails.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
exactly ...spot on 🍸
just for clarity lets not forget she had both interns doing the editing for her for all
of dec and january - there on camera
and it is in her videos.....

sold 2 apartments in london 600 k chat ooo 895 k
mortgage 295 k ( who's nick and hers or all nick ) paid off 2017
inherentance
300 k to restoration ( hence no mortage for SSB) :m :m
london flat ( thread 3 - 4 had cost at 2006 at 500 k)

SSB was never broke ....had slush funds for rental to cover her monthly cost

true grifter was always NICK ...zero return on his investment
my guess is ...MPotts was a lump sum to finance nicks gite

again the grifters were potts and nick
SSB has overplayed her hand
I noted when she said the vlogs took 70-80 hours a week that she didn't say that it was all her time. Split between herself, Mandy and P that isn't a full employment week each.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.