The Chateau Diaries #17 Royally-flushed: tales and tattles from the skeptic tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure that once she is left with just the YouTube channel she will still make some revenue from that - but the Patrons will need to see the evidence of what they've given their money for & I wonder how long she will be able to string them along for. But I guess time will tell.
I'm quite the cynic here, but knowing her I'll answer: forever. She will always come up above. There's karma and then there's KARMA.

In the UK there are tax implications about giving a premature inheritance. Only a certain, fairly small amount, can be give each year and if the person passing on the money dies within, I think, 3 years, tax is payable. Large amounts can be passed to a spouse tax free on death but all other legacies are liable for about 40% inheritance tax. I’m not a tax expert and not up to date on IT laws, only speaking from past experience. It sounds like we are talking large amounts of £££s here.
She mentioned the amount, didn't she? Hate to go back to that monstrosity but I'll do it if you make me... :)

Reactions: 5
In the UK there are tax implications about giving a premature inheritance. Only a certain, fairly small amount, can be give each year and if the person passing on the money dies within, I think, 3 years, tax is payable. Large amounts can be passed to a spouse tax free on death but all other legacies are liable for about 40% inheritance tax. I’m not a tax expert and not up to date on IT laws, only speaking from past experience. It sounds like we are talking large amounts of £££s here.
I am guessing that the two business people Mummy & Daddy made sure that they didn't make her liable for tax. Mummy certainly seems the type to want to hang a tea bag out on the line to save money. From what it says on the government website now :
People you give gifts to will be charged Inheritance Tax if you give away more than £325,000 in the 7 years before your death.
I know thresholds might have changed over the years - but am guessing the amount she was given was to make sure she was below that which she would have to pay tax on. But I'm no expert either.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I am guessing that the two business people Mummy & Daddy made sure that they didn't make her liable for tax. Mummy certainly seems the type to want to hang a tea bag out on the line to save money. From what it says on the government website now :
People you give gifts to will be charged Inheritance Tax if you give away more than £325,000 in the 7 years before your death.
I know thresholds might have changed over the years - but am guessing the amount she was given was to make sure she was below that which she would have to pay tax on. But I'm no expert either.
Ok, now I have to go back to that crappy vlog to check, because I'm sure she mentioned what she got.

Reactions: 4
Though she was not alone:Nick and M. Potts were there, too. So all of them panicked? Even reasonable Nick? Probably along with Marie? And it was OK for the water police to immediately drain the lake without caring for the fish? I don't know..🐟🐠😔
I've always heard Stephanie (and Isabelle) saying that she was alone at that time. Nobody else was with her. And that the French took advantage of her situation of poor little British woman alone in the middle of France. I remember my blood boiling when I heard this. Knowing that the French administration simply doesn't work that way.
BTW : the Water Police NEVER asked her to drain the lake. If she did it eventually, what could they say ? She didn't ask them if and how she could drain the lake. Sure she even didn't think of the fish !
It was in her first vlogs. When the narrative was still simple...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok, now I have to go back to that crappy vlog to check, because I'm sure she mentioned what she got.
While you're at it take a peek at the gift grab she posted earlier, lots of infinity scarves, peacock themed everything & cheap flavored tea. Plus Selmar got a tux but poor Phillip got a teddy bear tie! Did I mention more water bottle covers? and tiaras?? At the end she had her 3 stooges(Nati, Selmar & Phillip) lined up on the couch and gushed about how grateful she is to have them. God I can't with this much longer

• Haha
Reactions: 10
While you're at it take a peek at the gift grab she posted earlier, lots of infinity scarves, peacock themed everything & cheap flavored tea. Plus Selmar got a tux but poor Phillip got a teddy bear tie! Did I mention more water bottle covers? and tiaras?? At the end she had her 3 stooges(Nati, Selmar & Phillip) lined up on the couch and gushed about how grateful she is to have them. God I can't with this much longer
I just literally puked when I heard her saying "help an underprivileged student with a scholarship' again. She such a detestable hypocrite. Go wear that over-prized fourth hand dress why don't you ... And feel the queen you'll never be...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Maybe I'm missing the point but if you want people to make donations for renovation projects via Patreon then why would you make it so only people who are already donating via that platform get to see all about the upcoming projects?

the husky killed the peacock.
The Peacock looked frozen in the Moat on numerous shots.

Reactions: 7
I have zero personal experience with botox. I have had people from work explain that whoever looks that way in zoom meetings because of botox. I work from home don't get out of my extremely small community much. So is this what botox does to the face?. Because I really don't see how it helps.
The effect lasts between 6-12months, because of lock down she hasn't been able to get new injections.

Reactions: 4
I just literally puked when I heard her saying "help an underprivileged student with a scholarship' again. She such a detestable hypocrite. Go wear that over-prized fourth hand dress why don't you ... And feel the queen you'll never be...
I can't even watch her any more, I am finding it increasingly offensive. She just keeps changing the narrative and manipulating/gaslighting people, so that she can extract even more money/cheap labour from these simple souls.

It's akin to phising emails which target the elderly and gullible. :sick:

A new thread title comes to mind...

Thread #18 - Iliberty, Inequality, and the Grifter Fraternity

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She's just shockingly out of contact with reality. They took away twitter from Trump...maybe if they try to get her away from youtube....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I bet that the black South African seamstresses that we saw sewing in the fashion designer's studio are probably paid a pittance in comparison with his other white workers. South Africa is still rife with inequality, the legacy left from apartheid. People like IS and PA would, no doubt, emphasise how generous they are to their servants, but I guess they still very much uphold the pecking order that existed and still exists. SJ wants to help one student to learn a trade which will provide clothes for wealthy party goers like herself. The amount of money she is giving would go a long way to helping more people just to survive: to pay for food and medical necessities.

Reactions: 10
Indeed, she hasn't mentioned the bee keeper, whom I'm sure pays for that field, and others locally must rent fields from her!
In a video she has said that in return for the use of the field the beekeeper uses, he gives her a certain amount of honey each year.
A local farmer 'rents' one or more field(s) to graze sheep or cows on in return for maintaining it, he doesn't have to pay actual rent is what she said. Can't remember which vlog, one of the earliest ones I believe.

Besides conning people out of their money in a clever way, she seems to lack actual business skills or just can't be bothered. In that same vid about the honey, ideas about a commercial partnership with the beekeeper to produce Lalande/la Lande honey was discussed but she never actually followed up on the idea. Likewise for a cookbook or any merch for instance. So many honest ideas to think of to earn some money for the upkeep of the heap... taking the piss she is. Quite literally these days 🚽

Reactions: 8
If the gift is 7 or more years before death, then there is no tax. As Isabelle still alive at least half of gift tax free, I haven’t bothered to work out time scales of her Father’s death, but that could be over 7 years from gift too.

Reactions: 5
Whenever she talks about buying the shato she makes it sound as if she bought her share with her own money, which clearly isn't the case as she's never worked. She said that she sold her flat in London to buy her share, but presumably her father bought the flat for her. She now seems to have another flat in London, so where did the money come from for that? A spoiled only child who seems to be handicapped ... except when it comes to ripping people off and grabbing loads of money off gullible twats.
It also seems very strange that she should suddenly mention the inheritance and that she spent it all on the initial renovations. She has never mentioned it before and clearly this sudden declaration, some time after starting her Patreon account, etc., reveals that she is just trying to cover herself after crticism about begging and using other people's money to restore her own home. Surely, she should have told everyone all the facts at the start. Presumably, as a result of using all that money, she must now have a bigger stake in it than the other two owners. And if she spent the whole inheritance on the chateau, where did the money for travel, hotels, restaurants, porcelain, clothes, etc. come from?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.