The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't get it. I haven't watched today's vlog, but someone said she admitted that SHE bought the old Benz? Just what is the purpose of replying to a question asked after one of your vlogs, saying that your mom bought the car and is letting you use it when she's not around, but then saying later in another vlog that you bought the car and your mom will use it when she's in town? WE SAW THE COMMENT! Someone posted it here.....she specifically said she did not buy the car! I don't even think it's that big of a deal - it's a 17 year old car - and she apparently has lied about it? But she doesn't lie about spending $6000 on a made-in-India pergola, a $5,000 vase or a stupidly expensive piece of furniture from the Givenchy sale. Those, she comes clean about? It just doesn't make sense.....maybe it's not supposed to. Maybe that's the point of lying, to confuse everyone so that they don't care anymore?

How many lies are the people that are supporting her through Patreon going to accept? Frankly, this is nothing compared to the rest of the BS - "you're supporting my renovation, while I'm using that money for anything BUT renovations." But how many of these non-truths are these people going to accept before they pull their monthly contributions? WTF does it take?

I'm about at the point that if this is how they choose to be parted from their money, I can't feel anger for them about it anymore. I'm just disgusted by it. All of it.

To quote the world famous philosopher F. Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Oh yes…I was raised Catholic, and I didn’t have a problem with Billy removing the crucifix from the wall. The problem is that he removed it and replaced it with the YouTube award with dark lighting and dramatic music in the background. It came across very poorly…almost as if he was saying that YouTube fame is his new god (I don’t believe he meant that at all…but it was very cringe). If he had just shown himself hanging up the award (without removing the crucifix), no one would have said anything at all except “congratulations.” Makes you wonder why he felt the need to show himself taking it down…wasn’t really necessary to do that. He’s gotten many more negative comments about it. Controversy that he could have easily avoided,
I've seen so many of these YouTubers unbox their award and not make even half the hoo-ha this guy has made of his!
BFD......it's not like it's a Nobel Prize or something!
Shame on him for not being savvy enough to read the room about the crucifix. He's not as smart as I thought he might be. And his reply about it was poor. Really? Who believes he's taking that award down and replacing it with the crucifix again?

I'm in a mood. I'm tired of grifters and liars.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I've seen so many of these YouTubers unbox their award and not make even half the hoo-ha this guy has made of his!
BFD......it's not like it's a Nobel Prize or something!
Shame on him for not being savvy enough to read the room about the crucifix. He's not as smart as I thought he might be. And his reply about it was poor. Really? Who believes he's taking that award down and replacing it with the crucifix again?

I'm in a mood. I'm tired of grifters and liars.
I agree…He definitely needs to read the room. A lot of his American audience, especially, is very religious and something like this is a big turn-off. I know the convent is abandoned and the chapel is no longer consecrated, but he would be wise to tread carefully so as not to offend a segment of his viewers. Oh…and his short reply to that comment was disrespectful to the viewer’s beliefs…it almost sounded like contempt. An apology, a mea culpa, would have gone a long way.

Reactions: 20
Mummy's merc re spray job from December 2021 vlog huge scratches and dents on passenger side last night all shiny "new" who paid for that ?

Reactions: 11
Goodness I didn’t even notice that swop.😳
After taking the washing out of the machine just now I remember watching on my iPad while hunting for dirty t towels and towels for an overnight wash. Will go back and look at that again if his comments were that rude. He really needs to think more before doing something which might upset people.

Reactions: 7
I really don't get it. I haven't watched today's vlog, but someone said she admitted that SHE bought the old Benz? Just what is the purpose of replying to a question asked after one of your vlogs, saying that your mom bought the car and is letting you use it when she's not around, but then saying later in another vlog that you bought the car and your mom will use it when she's in town? WE SAW THE COMMENT! Someone posted it here.....she specifically said she did not buy the car! I don't even think it's that big of a deal - it's a 17 year old car - and she apparently has lied about it? But she doesn't lie about spending $6000 on a made-in-India pergola, a $5,000 vase or a stupidly expensive piece of furniture from the Givenchy sale. Those, she comes clean about? It just doesn't make sense.....maybe it's not supposed to. Maybe that's the point of lying, to confuse everyone so that they don't care anymore?

How many lies are the people that are supporting her through Patreon going to accept? Frankly, this is nothing compared to the rest of the BS - "you're supporting my renovation, while I'm using that money for anything BUT renovations." But how many of these non-truths are these people going to accept before they pull their monthly contributions? WTF does it take?

I'm about at the point that if this is how they choose to be parted from their money, I can't feel anger for them about it anymore. I'm just disgusted by it. All of it.

To quote the world famous philosopher F. Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.
I went back and looked at the comment. She never said her mother bought it, she said it’s her mothers car but shes letting her drive it.

Reactions: 16
Oh yes…I was raised Catholic, and I didn’t have a problem with Billy removing the crucifix from the wall. The problem is that he removed it and replaced it with the YouTube award with dark lighting and dramatic music in the background. It came across very poorly…almost as if he was saying that YouTube fame is his new god (I don’t believe he meant that at all…but it was very cringe). If he had just shown himself hanging up the award (without removing the crucifix), no one would have said anything at all except “congratulations.” Makes you wonder why he felt the need to show himself taking it down…wasn’t really necessary to do that. He’s gotten many more negative comments about it. Controversy that he could have easily avoided. A boneheaded move in what was otherwise a decent video.
I think he wanted the controversy, all comments are engagement and all that.

Reactions: 18
I went back and looked at the comment. She never said her mother bought it, she said it’s her mothers car but shes letting her drive it.
Thank you for clarifying! I couldn't find the comment.
So, I guess just more obfuscating?
I guess I'm just stupid. When she said it was her mother's car, I shouldn't have assumed that her mom paid for it.

Reactions: 10
Thank you for clarifying! I couldn't find the comment.
So, I guess just more obfuscating?
I guess I'm just stupid. When she said it was her mother's car, I shouldn't have assumed that her mom paid for it.
Not stupid at all, remember who was misleading everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fanny & Snorty were holding hands and swinging their arms together like little school girls during the brocante trip to Excideuil. (Snorty's hairline is quickly receding)
Snorty needed to draw attention to the fact that they were holding hands!

Tante Chantal is just as bad as the rest of them with her snout in the trough.

View attachment 1425654
I can't bring myself to watch another GAG. Who is the Aunt Sally lookalike ( from Worzel Gummidge for our Tattlers outside the UK) sitting next to Aunty?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Vivienne gave Steph a run for her money showing the piece of wallpaper going up or not in her bathroom, see from 27 mins (sorry do not know how to cut and paste You Tube bit of video).
UH OH... Chateau Grifferaie just put that same wallpaper in one of their bathrooms S3 E13... oh they also started and finished their bathroom in one weekend / one video!!! Another completed project in an other Chateau! I do love a before AND after... and it is really all about the AFTER!!!

Reactions: 11
Only 1 side for me - Team Children!

Wow - what a casual, rude response - can't even bother to spell Jesus correctly with a capital 'J'. I'm not Catholic or very religious, but show some respect. No manners!!! I don't usually comments on the Pethericks because, while I enjoy Michael and Fanny's chemistry, I don't watch the Pethericks, don't find the family interesting and I'm not impressed by Michael's various antics.
I'm catholic and I thought Billy P's response was funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So the vintage embroidery letter patterns were actually Sarah’s, yet she pretended with 100stars lady that the later found them in brocante? Or am I totally misunderstanding? If I have understood correctly why would they pretend like that?
I dont come on to much for this reason people mix things up....the patterns were the lady from 100 stars ,Sarah was just looking at them , I went back and watched the video to make sure , Sarah has wrote when new friends rock up with the patterns ,she had never met the lady before ...I follow Sarah on Instagram and she had a story up about arriving at the shiteau,....people need to watch what they write sometimes, ...I have double checked a few things the last few weeks

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have to add, Jarvis falls for an ancient and puerile decorating idea -- along the lines of Pheeph's porcelain brown bag vase -- that painting the inside of a turret red is kicky, youthful, and hip. Like reupholstering those Louis Farouk chairs in velvet leopard skin to match the Nazi kitsch Ardmore vase. Sorry, but that's an old decorators' trick -- thinking Mario Buatta, 80s -- to persuade the nouveaux riche who cannot be weaned from Louis Farouk to make some attempt to appear as if they weren't flatlining interior-decorator-wise. It's like lime green golf pants.
It is totally granny tat ethos.
she definitely needs design help… she knows pretty when she sees it, but can’t create it herself! (And fights change about design!? Todays vlog showed the black painted wrought iron… gorgeous!!! Game changer!!! And she balked!?!? Because its always been white! Well it probably WAS black when first installed!!! Argh!). Davy made the point of tying it to the iron work of the pergola! Points!!! Yes, everything in your home should relate to each other design-wise! She balked.. “it’s150 meters away” - meanwhile she will notice that a greeting card has the same color or motif of the dress she’s wearing, or that someone’s scarf matches their bowling ball!… why cant she see it at home in the décor?!?

i like the little wedgewood room! I like the red turret with pigeon pics! I like the downstairs loo wallpaper!

shes almost got it in the kitchen… blue and white world! The problem is ALL the extra!!!
One has to CURATE!!! Each room should be allocated 3 colours… 1 dominate and 2 accents! (Every time I hear her say this room is _____ colour… she adds with touches of x and y and z and this pillow has A and the wallpaper has B and the rug has C and mummy loves D (oops, strike that.. reverse it! On we go!). Before you know it the room is a hob job!

My grandmother had clothing and retail stores “kind to kind and colour to colour!” (Not in a racist way… in a design way). And it works!
Which is why I let my clients pick their 3 colours!… I go a step further making them adhere to it completely… if you want a candle in the room… it has to be one of the 3 colours… if you buy a tooth brush.. buy it in one of the 3 colours! If you need hand soap or thumbtacks or post it notes… get them in one of the 3 colours!!! Along with looking nice cuz it matches you have the added bonus of when things get left out they still blend colour wise so things look better!!!

anywho… I also like PhiPhi’s bag vase! My Mom had a ceramic “grocery sack” in her kitchen in my childhood… she kept her utensils in it! I always loved it! I recently spotted it in her pantry and asked if I could have it! Yep! It was brown bag coloured and my 3 colours are black, white, & black… so I spray painted it white! I love it! Now I keep dog treats in it! Paaaarfect!

pS I know those more eagle eyed of you will notice my trio of Mrs Meyers soaps with green labels!… not black or white!!! I considered peeling the labels off or covering them or decanting them, but the bottles are black topped and frosted white and the labels are a classic design …. AND I actually change them out more than monthly to match the “seasons” so I allow that little pop of colour in my kitchen!!!

and yes…I remove shampoo and deodorant labels and I cover tubes of toothpaste with aluminum tape so they fit my esthetic!

instagram.com/jstaratlanta

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Fanny & Snorty were holding hands and swinging their arms together like little school girls during the brocante trip to Excideuil. (Snorty's hairline is quickly receding)

All three ladies in black dresses on a hot summer day? 🤔 Was there a funeral or what?

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
Day 3 of summer tattvent Calendar of unfinished projects

Yes, this could be a deadly weapon when missing 😁

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.