The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that a British thing to not get paid for TV? I noticed on the Great British Bake Off, nobody gets paid and the winner doesn’t get money. Just a trophy and flowers. In the US there is always a cash prize
It’s just a trophy on the Sewing Bee and The Great Pottery Throwdown as well. Crime watch is another you don’t get paid for , usually just a prison sentence 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Is that a British thing to not get paid for TV? I noticed on the Great British Bake Off, nobody gets paid and the winner doesn’t get money. Just a trophy and flowers. In the US there is always a cash prize
I didn’t realize Fanny isn’t paid for the TV show. That’s bizarre to me! Why in the world would anyone agree to have their life and image splashed across the screen for no compensation? I guess it just feeds Fanny’s ego. Michael was so upset about the Pethericks getting kicked off the show…but if they weren’t making any money from it, I wouldn’t care (if that was me). Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the are Strawbridges compensated for their show?

Reactions: 14
Yes she looked very professional with the smoothing tool and obviously knew where the placement should be for the pattern continuation. I would have started next to the window but then again I know nothing about wallpapering.
Obviously! Plumb Bob a straight line and roughly measure paper v. wall widths so as to not end up needing a thin slither on one wall.

Reactions: 9
I didn’t realize Fanny isn’t paid for the TV show. That’s bizarre to me! Why in the world would anyone agree to have their life and image splashed across the screen for no compensation? I guess it just feeds Fanny’s ego. Michael was so upset about the Pethericks getting kicked off the show…but if they weren’t making any money from it, I wouldn’t care (if that was me). Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the are Strawbridges compensated for their show?
They surely get payed or get some other form of materialistic compensation. Why else would Steffi agree to have some room renovations exclusively shown on channel 4 if she wouldn’t get anything back in return.

They probably aren’t allowed to say it on camera.

Reactions: 11
I thought they were being paid but can’t remember why.

They surely get payed or get some other form of materialistic compensation. Why else would Steffi agree to have some room renovations exclusively shown on channel 4 if she wouldn’t get anything back in return.

No but it’s exposure or free advertising for their businesses.

They receive a healthy location fee from the production company.
I knew someone would know why they were paid

Reactions: 12

Exactly! I mean, if Fanny isn’t paid by Channel 4, her patrons should be her first priority…because they’re the ones giving her money!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Found what SJ is looking for Ex chateau panelling from near versaille, used in Ireland for filming of Disenchanted by Disney. Up for auction on Tuesday by Victor Mee 35k euro
View attachment 1423349

An entire room used as a set during filming of Disney film ‘Disenchanted’ in Enniskerry is set to be auctioned on Tuesday in Cavan.

Originally from a chateau near Versailles in France, the hand painted, gilded and gesso-panelled room has an extravagant fireplace and glass doors. It measures 19.5 metres long, 6.8 metres wide and 2.65 metres high.

The room will go to auction on day one of Victor Mee’s Decorative Interiors, Architectural and Pub Memorabilia Sale on Tuesday, July 19 and is expected to fetch between €25,000 and €35,000.
Paaarrrfect, exxquuiiisite! She'll rush to buy it so she can finally throw away that unusable heap of worm-eaten wood rotting in the Grand Salon (or saloon?)

Reactions: 15
Found what SJ is looking for Ex chateau panelling from near versaille, used in Ireland for filming of Disenchanted by Disney. Up for auction on Tuesday by Victor Mee 35k euro
View attachment 1423349

An entire room used as a set during filming of Disney film ‘Disenchanted’ in Enniskerry is set to be auctioned on Tuesday in Cavan.

Originally from a chateau near Versailles in France, the hand painted, gilded and gesso-panelled room has an extravagant fireplace and glass doors. It measures 19.5 metres long, 6.8 metres wide and 2.65 metres high.

The room will go to auction on day one of Victor Mee’s Decorative Interiors, Architectural and Pub Memorabilia Sale on Tuesday, July 19 and is expected to fetch between €25,000 and €35,000.
Gaudy, Liberace style that PhiPhi and his old lady will love...and purchase!!!😝😡.
Here we go again!!! Watch out Patreons!

This is not the "real deal" and not in France but ....... it runs rings around Fanny's place.
I would love to live there and the interiors and gardens make Fanny's Farmhouse look like a real dump.

Omg!!! I JUST watched this!!! Wonderfully done!!! And my little ranch can make Fanny's dump look like a dump! Lol !!! Hell, a hoarder episode looks better than her dump!!! ( o.k. ...I exaggerate!🙄😏...a bit).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It occurs to me one of the reasons Dan prioritized his YT studio and took classes was, he was expecting more video business from Jarvis. He did talk about getting a commercial gig which as I recall we've seen no evidence of.
Clara's observation Jarvis f'ed up with Dan big time and the blowback will be serious has got me thinking.
Vague non specific thoughts.
I don't think Dan is a kiss and tell guy. Although saying I'm not painting the steel girders for the pergola and then finding no one else was going to do it, is a little tit way of doing the same thing. The sniping at Annelise.
He totally has got SJ on workers' insurance issues and could easily whip her ass in court. Solo pergola build videos exhibit A, one reason, perhaps, for their existence.
I don't think he will be getting Pheeph's videographer job once Pheeph is disposed of, although that may have been the plan as late as the dumper crotch-flashing/Jardin Anglais installation.

But of course they are! And she's not exception.
I think she's being gaslighted.
And I think she has no choice.

Reactions: 20
I’ve just watched the Patreon flog (thank you for sharing it with us all), jeez you can’t make this tit up!! Skullet has been working NON STOP on cutting out photos of furniture and placing them on his drawing 🤣 They both said “it’s like playing with a Dolls House’. They are not wrong there - kids, the pair of them.

Potts and Sonia (or what ever her name is, too hot here to think) … the four of them staying in Paris?! …. Ruthy possibly no longer on the scene … Hum 🤔

Seems to me Fanny didn’t care what she bought at the auction (one plate even) just as long as it came with bragging rights. If she’d wanted that secretaire she would of spotted it at the preview and fallen in love. If she needed a secretaire she’d have them on her radar. No, it was the final day and she was running out of options and panic bought. All that BS about Skullet seeing it in a photo over her shoulder is just her typical lame attempt at ‘it was meant to be’ to justify the £6k spend up. It’s ok though because she says she’s going to share it with everyone 🤣

A couple of immature fools out of their depth with too much money, too much time and too many books to attempt copy from.
43BD34B9-18E6-4F8C-8537-B8BA96F93EDF.jpeg
B6D9DC1E-755F-4688-956D-78840A9C0FA1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh Goodness me, it's so hot here in Spain, with high humidity, so self imposed day indoors to catch up on a few bits, not least CD. OMG, the latest vlog was soooooo bad.

It was a complete shriek fest. Steff was on form, proclaiming she was up early, she was buying stuff for 'The Shop', she washed her fushia pink 80's onesie, she shrieked at food, shrieked at guests, she shrieked at yet another 'gift' of a 100 Hundred Stars gown, she shrieked at scones, The Shrek's dog. She shrieked at pretty much everything, except 'Jerry', who was cosying up to 100 Stars Lady and a couple of wannabee Chateaux owners.

Will she shriek with delight when she watches Queen Kathy - whom may I add, nicked one of our catch phrases for Steff ????
;) Apols if it;s already on here, but this is a 'real corker' and it;s not 'Darling at all'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised. That person has been silent (no comments) for the last few days but lurking. Also, this isn’t their first incarnation here…was on Tattle before under a different name and stirred things up then, too.
I have no idea who you are talking about but that’s not why I’ve replied. What I am curious about is how do you know that they were previously here under a different name and how do you know if someone is lurking? Is there somewhere you can look for this info?

Reactions: 16
And it seems some are taking sides. Team Annalise!
Not taking sides but as I have said before, Annalise is not entirely innocent in this pig's ear in Chatealand. She has played her part too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
They just do not seem to be creative people. It would be just as ridiculous for me to say I'm setting up a work shop to teach people how to knit. I've never knitted anything in my life. I like knitted things but, it actually should be a prerequisite that I know how to knit, not that I like to wear knitted scarves. They need to find their niche because right now they are trying too hard at things they aren't good at and looking foolish.
Apparently he's an artist, but has he ever done a vlog of him painting? I've seen him pick rocks, chop a tree, endless visits to other peoples places... apparently worked on Fanny's tiles but we've yet to see him doing it... He makes scones rather heavy handed... and he gets others to do his gardening and knock walls down... hmm, what else?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not taking sides but as I have said before, Annalise is not entirely innocent in this pig's ear in Chatealand. She has played her part too.
I totally agree. My 'go team' remark was meant to be sarcastic. 😔

It seems to me that -- in the shittoverse -- sides are being drawn.

Reactions: 10
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised. That person has been silent (no comments) for the last few days but lurking. Also, this isn’t their first incarnation here…was on Tattle before under a different name and stirred things up then, too.
❤…and on occasion…some who identify as…men…are not always ‘men’…and women…not always…’women’…

Reactions: 10
Vivienne gave Steph a run for her money showing the piece of wallpaper going up or not in her bathroom, see from 27 mins (sorry do not know how to cut and paste You Tube bit of video).
I found that bizarre to throw a piece up in the middle of the wall...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.