The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She gets nothing from them, nothing. Yet she is still convinced she would not be where she is now without them, which is why they take precedence over the actual paying patrons, who will have to wait for their turn. A rather uninspired shag, paid for by services rendered earlier.
Is that a British thing to not get paid for TV? I noticed on the Great British Bake Off, nobody gets paid and the winner doesn’t get money. Just a trophy and flowers. In the US there is always a cash prize

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Vivienne gave Steph a run for her money showing the piece of wallpaper going up or not in her bathroom, see from 27 mins (sorry do not know how to cut and paste You Tube bit of video).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I agree. No matter what, Dan doesn’t seem like someone to drift away quietly.
I actually see him just running of to another oil rigg for a year or two to make some money.
I don't see him staying in France, even if Analiese with kids should stay there. Excuse will be he wants to provide for them and the vlogs are not bringing any money since he can't film at LaLande anymore.
Imo his best option anyway

Reactions: 20
I thought she said they weren't going to cut them but they wouldn't use the smaller panels at the bottom they would replace with wide skirting.
God knows what she said or didn't say, it's always a great confusion and smoke and mirrors.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Vivienne gave Steph a run for her money showing the piece of wallpaper going up or not in her bathroom, see from 27 mins (sorry do not know how to cut and paste You Tube bit of video).
Yes she looked very professional with the smoothing tool and obviously knew where the placement should be for the pattern continuation. I would have started next to the window but then again I know nothing about wallpapering.

I actually see him just running of to another oil rigg for a year or two to make some money.
I don't see him staying in France, even if Analiese with kids should stay there. Excuse will be he wants to provide for them and the vlogs are not bringing any money since he can't film at LaLande anymore.
I see Annalise is promoting M&M in her stories. They are all in it together.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
The restoration architect who owns the fortified farmhouse at Chateau du Sailhant could help. One of the things he did was visit every one of the 40 chateaux open to the public in his area to survey all those issues for local "appropriate" solutions.
He has a lot of wallpaper, which obviously cannot adhere unless the rising damp and buried live wire issues are dealt with.
As for "appropriate" even people of expertise, good will, and good taste, like the Sailhant guy, have a case that a fortified farmhouse is posh, always was, has been since the 10th century, but yet does not need to be "restored" to only one of the eras in which it has existed.
The one paint sample we have for Lalande is the ox-blood painted beams Ian uncovered, with rustic white flowers painted on them. For which we're still awaiting radio carbon dating or whatever she promised she was going to do.
I wouldn't live in a house that color. Though I have a lot of ideas about how to decorate the fortified farmhouse based on that artifact. Posh, fresh, rustic -- in the traditions as Tartlets have suggested of Fowler and Colefax, Sister Parrish -- posh country house tradition which has its own kind of Marie Antoinette the milkmaid tradition in France. Sailhant's wallpapers are very different from Jarvis' -- he has a faux stone one, very handsome, and a stylized starburst one, ditto.
I get the same feeling from Sailhant as I did from Marc's tour of his family house -- not Rosieres -- of a more masculine pre-Baroque Renaissance style. With plenty of telescopes, globes, microscopes, bug collections, cabinets of curiousities. And war trophies. (I don't like Chenonceau's furnishings any better, but at least they're not Louis Farouk.)
Have a look at the professional restoration architect's restoration of the fortified farmhouse at Chateau du Sailhant.
It's posh.
Also not my taste.
Fanny has successfully been talked down from the Versailles ledge by Davy in terms of the garden, where he persuaded her that Chenonceau Renaissance parterres were more sustainable and design-appropriate.
But Pheeph, whose intentions are imperialistic, can't be counted on to make the same argument for "appropriateness" -- or sustainability.
I think that would be an argument for sustainability, posh, for Renaissance, Chenonceau, not Baroque, of which the architecture of Versailles itself was apparently the show piece.
Judging from Sailhant and Chenonceau, the problem with Renaissance posh is that none of the furniture looks like a human being could sit on it. Or lounge on it, as we now all do.
Finally, Jarvis thinks she is an expert and has the flair for this, even though on our watch she has literally fucked up every project she has attempted. I'll never forget the lecture @MarquisOfNadaillac gave on the sequence of wallpaper panels after she messed up the loo wallpaper. Clearly, messing that up triggers outrage in the expert interior design world the same way Jarvis' violation of hospitality and food values sets me on fire. She's pissing away those wallpapers the same way she pisses away black currants and lakes and ponds.
What's inappropriate, we can all agree is tall Baroque panelling in that low-ceilinged Renaissance room. Without heating infrastructure. Another fuckup.
I have to add, Jarvis falls for an ancient and puerile decorating idea -- along the lines of Pheeph's porcelain brown bag vase -- that painting the inside of a turret red is kicky, youthful, and hip. Like reupholstering those Louis Farouk chairs in velvet leopard skin to match the Nazi kitsch Ardmore vase. Sorry, but that's an old decorators' trick -- thinking Mario Buatta, 80s -- to persuade the nouveaux riche who cannot be weaned from Louis Farouk to make some attempt to appear as if they weren't flatlining interior-decorator-wise. It's like lime green golf pants.
It is totally granny tat ethos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The only place that paneling will look good is on the bonfire.
Na, the paneling could look beautiful in the correct setting and properly restored. The problem really is just the room around it.

It needs:

- a smooth floor - either wood parquet or polished stone. Not rough terracotta tiles.
- a heigh ceiling. The paneling will make the ceiling look lower than it is, so it needs extra height to begin with
- light. It will make the room look darker, even with the white base colour, ground floor is not a good starting point.

If one looks through châteaux from the era of the paneling, the ground floor is often garden/stone themed, maybe a grotto which opens to the gardens etc. The paneling is to be found in the belle étage, not the ground floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Not a bad idea. Besides, if Dan was so inclined he could also vlog about the daily life on an oil rig.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
When does the tour de France pass through the Berry area? Anyone know? I think last year someone mentioned the chateau was shown on TV.

And it seems some are taking sides. Team Annalise!
I’m team neutral until/if the facts get revealed.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What if the person who reported him is the true flying monkey and wad trying to shut him down before he spilled too much?
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised. That person has been silent (no comments) for the last few days but lurking. Also, this isn’t their first incarnation here…was on Tattle before under a different name and stirred things up then, too.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I am not going to comment too much about this, but I will say this: she f'ed up with Dan big time and it will come back to bite her, and not just in the butt.
Noted. Not forgetting the crotch flashing footage she took of Dan while driving the dumper with one foot on the dashboard.
Was Annelise staying in granny's apt at Cap d'Adge?
I got a huge whiff of brimstone off Annelise's IG when I read about her vacay at "our friend's apartment" there. She's really licking somebody's boots in those posts. On the other hand, poor girl.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised. That person has been silent (no comments) for the last few days but lurking. Also, this isn’t their first incarnation here…was on Tattle before under a different name and stirred things up then, too.
Yeeeah. And and did you see how I ve been the only one called out by that tattler? That really hurt.
That was actually a group effort last time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Na, the paneling could look beautiful in the correct setting and properly restored. The problem really is just the room around it.

It needs:

- a smooth floor - either wood parquet or polished stone. Not rough terracotta tiles.
- a heigh ceiling. The paneling will make the ceiling look lower than it is, so it needs extra height to begin with
- light. It will make the room look darker, even with the white base colour, ground floor is not a good starting point.

If one looks through châteaux from the era of the paneling, the ground floor is often garden/stone themed, maybe a grotto which opens to the gardens etc. The paneling is to be found in the belle étage, not the ground floor.
La Lande is also the wrong period for the panelling so the beams in the ceiling are the real issue-it is crazy

Reactions: 18
Found what SJ is looking for Ex chateau panelling from near versaille, used in Ireland for filming of Disenchanted by Disney. Up for auction on Tuesday by Victor Mee 35k euro
View attachment 1423349

An entire room used as a set during filming of Disney film ‘Disenchanted’ in Enniskerry is set to be auctioned on Tuesday in Cavan.

Originally from a chateau near Versailles in France, the hand painted, gilded and gesso-panelled room has an extravagant fireplace and glass doors. It measures 19.5 metres long, 6.8 metres wide and 2.65 metres high.

The room will go to auction on day one of Victor Mee’s Decorative Interiors, Architectural and Pub Memorabilia Sale on Tuesday, July 19 and is expected to fetch between €25,000 and €35,000.
Disney princess panelling is exactly her speed.
It's where Manor and Maker started out.
Steve and Sarah's Disney scam:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.