The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sell it in their broooocont shop? Who the effing hell knows anymore, they're out of control. Guessing the pergola thing is enroute along with the fountain, will Tata and Tonton be hiring a lorry to bring them over,? Anyone's guess these days.

Please, please, please let that happen excellent vlog viewing.
I know Ann Marie and Nutti flew to England but did they drive back with the fountain and other rubbish

Reactions: 12
Here is the perfect music to accompany Larkin if he doesn’t get out of the LieLande shitshow. Imagine him sadly playing video games alone in his Shittoo cottage while listening to this classic song All By Myself by Eric Carmen.

Play and enjoy along with the Larkin “video game” photo above. Fanny would also abandon him and their friendship in a hot second for drinking, shopping, and traveling opportunities, leaving him all by himself (with no wife or friends). Sadly and unfortunately, that’s so LieLande!

Last edited:
  • Heart
its bloody hot 😨 arond 40C but we have a swimmingpool, thick walls an isolated roof and a lott of trees , i think i am lucky...when i was in The Netherlands the weather is the same..and then i have to do some work..and we dont have a swimmingpool there...and also no AC...
Sounds idyllic 🍷🥖🧀🏊‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Apparently Mummy is not a fan of Snorty's design ideas (no surprise there).....

Mary Anne Medlock
I’m definitely with Team Stephanie on the decision whether or not to break thru the wall to reopen the doorway.
12h

Stephanie Jarvis
Thank you! I think we’re in the minority. But I reckon Mummy will weigh in on our side 😉
Please please let Mummy rock up on the Patreon open day, throw and epic and kick everyone out.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This is not the "real deal" and not in France but ....... it runs rings around Fanny's place.
I would love to live there and the interiors and gardens make Fanny's Farmhouse look like a real dump.

Thanks for this recommendation. A classy lady.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
This is not the "real deal" and not in France but ....... it runs rings around Fanny's place.
I would love to live there and the interiors and gardens make Fanny's Farmhouse look like a real dump.

I saw this on YouTube also! It is a dream house. The gardens are beautiful the interior is stunning…. In my next life I want that to be my house , ha ha ha. It is what a house should be …Not at all like SJ’s haphazard decorating and wanna be French garden…..not to mention the unkempt (unclean) and dangerous structure!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dan is fighting the narc discard phase. He seems to harbor a lot of contempt, frustration, and resentment (there are certainly reasons for this) towards the little orphan princess which has grown over the past few months, and seeps out on video, e.g. when Dan was kicking the window of the digger to open it, snarky comments, Fanny revealing the Dan/Annalise split before he was able to address the situation, Fanny revealing the pantry redo without Dan present, etc. They seem to be in a never ending power struggle. I think he knows a lot about Fanny‘s unsavory personal life and her YouTube/Patreon scams.

Dan will not back down and go quietly. I think Fanny has sorely misjudged Dan’s stubbornness and his desire to expose the true Princess. I agree with Clara, Fanny has really screwed up with the Dan discard.
I have to think that someone in Fanny’s close circle would eventually get so angry and disillusioned they decide to come forward. Better, yet, if they profit from telling their story! Even Selmar, who comes across as fairly laid back, finally snapped. I agree that Dan won’t go quietly. Dan is no Selmar and certainly has the inside knowledge about what’s going on. It’s possible SJ also has dirt on him…but Dan might reach the point where he just doesn’t care. I don’t think Squirrel will go quietly, either, but SJ probably has more control with Squirrel (like Selmar) and can probably pay him off. She doesn’t have the same level of control with Dan.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I have to think that someone in Fanny’s close circle would eventually get so angry and disillusioned they decide to come forward. Better, yet, if they profit from telling their story! Even Selmar, who comes across as fairly laid back, finally snapped. I agree that Dan won’t go quietly. Dan is no Selmar and certainly has the inside knowledge about what’s going on. It’s possible SJ also has dirt on him…but Dan might reach the point where he just doesn’t care. I don’t think Squirrel will go quietly, either, but SJ probably has more control with Squirrel (like Selmar) and can probably pay him off. She doesn’t have the same level of control with Dan.
control through the children and Annaliese maybe. Or would that be considered blackmail and not control.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The Chateau Diaries x Squid Game (The crossover we didn't know we wanted!)

Patreon Day 1: Red Light, Green Light

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have never seem 18th Century panelling with ceiling beams is Fanny going to cover them with a faux ceiling? So getting rid of real features to install fake ones?
The beams were noticeably absent from Phyllis' drawing. They really are the biggest elephant in the room.

• Heart
The beams were noticeably absent from Phyllis' drawing. They really are the biggest elephant in the room.

Speaking of beams, I wonder if Ian was ever given time to take care of the HMNs woodworm issues? They never seem to discuss the moisture and woodworm issues.

Reactions: 17
I would not be surprised if Fanny has already purchased new paneling for the salon and will spring it on viewers with a video revealing her “special find” that would be just paaaaarfect for the salon. Then the other paneling will be installed in her bedroom.
To be fair, the paneling would look much better in her bedroom or office. The upstairs rooms do have the necessary height to make it look good and a wood floor will also go much better with it.

Reactions: 24
❤ We’ll see! Another Tattler actually reported @ViscountLaLande for a comment they believed to be “untrue” (without any evidence one way or the other). Not a great way to encourage new members to join and spill the tea.
What if the person who reported him is the true flying monkey and wad trying to shut him down before he spilled too much?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
The ungraceful dangerous liaisons chatelaine must had something to do to Dan's separation, offering her bead or someone elses. He will probably leave whit a full pocket and a closed mouth. It will be the best for him. Many
many threaths back Clare warned him to go away, she was rigth...

itititi.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh I would of loved to have been a fly on this wall while they discussed The Chateau Diaries. 😎

To be fair, the paneling would look much better in her bedroom or office. The upstairs rooms do have the necessary height to make it look good and a wood floor will also go much better with it.
The only place that paneling will look good is on the bonfire.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I thought that is what she really bought them for, her bedroom but did not want to look greedy so she pretended they were for the grand salon. Then, when they could not be used in the grand salon, Fanny would save the day by using them in her bedroom,

Reactions: 14
As a jumping off point to any proper design decisions Fanny first has to understand and accept that she lives in a glorified farmhouse and not a posh chateau.
The restoration architect who owns the fortified farmhouse at Chateau du Sailhant could help. One of the things he did was visit every one of the 40 chateaux open to the public in his area to survey all those issues for local "appropriate" solutions.
He has a lot of wallpaper, which obviously cannot adhere unless the rising damp and buried live wire issues are dealt with.
As for "appropriate" even people of expertise, good will, and good taste, like the Sailhant guy, have a case that a fortified farmhouse is posh, always was, has been since the 10th century, but yet does not need to be "restored" to only one of the eras in which it has existed.
The one paint sample we have for Lalande is the ox-blood painted beams Ian uncovered, with rustic white flowers painted on them. For which we're still awaiting radio carbon dating or whatever she promised she was going to do.
I wouldn't live in a house that color. Though I have a lot of ideas about how to decorate the fortified farmhouse based on that artifact. Posh, fresh, rustic -- in the traditions as Tartlets have suggested of Fowler and Colefax, Sister Parrish -- posh country house tradition which has its own kind of Marie Antoinette the milkmaid tradition in France. Sailhant's wallpapers are very different from Jarvis' -- he has a faux stone one, very handsome, and a stylized starburst one, ditto.
I get the same feeling from Sailhant as I did from Marc's tour of his family house -- not Rosieres -- of a more masculine pre-Baroque Renaissance style. With plenty of telescopes, globes, microscopes, bug collections, cabinets of curiousities. And war trophies. (I don't like Chenonceau's furnishings any better, but at least they're not Louis Farouk.)
Have a look at the professional restoration architect's restoration of the fortified farmhouse at Chateau du Sailhant.
It's posh.
Also not my taste.
Fanny has successfully been talked down from the Versailles ledge by Davy in terms of the garden, where he persuaded her that Chenonceau Renaissance parterres were more sustainable and design-appropriate.
But Pheeph, whose intentions are imperialistic, can't be counted on to make the same argument for "appropriateness" -- or sustainability.
I think that would be an argument for sustainability, posh, for Renaissance, Chenonceau, not Baroque, of which the architecture of Versailles itself was apparently the show piece.
Judging from Sailhant and Chenonceau, the problem with Renaissance posh is that none of the furniture looks like a human being could sit on it. Or lounge on it, as we now all do.
Finally, Jarvis thinks she is an expert and has the flair for this, even though on our watch she has literally fucked up every project she has attempted. I'll never forget the lecture @MarquisOfNadaillac gave on the sequence of wallpaper panels after she messed up the loo wallpaper. Clearly, messing that up triggers outrage in the expert interior design world the same way Jarvis' violation of hospitality and food values sets me on fire. She's pissing away those wallpapers the same way she pisses away black currants and lakes and ponds.
What's inappropriate, we can all agree is tall Baroque panelling in that low-ceilinged Renaissance room. Without heating infrastructure. Another fuckup.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.