Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Stephanie probably found out about the auction from you since she reads here. Do you think she reads the newspaper? It doesn’t have big pretty pictures in it.
I actually took a look at that auction when you posted it and it was incredible to see. You definitely called it - multiple times! Wow. I think the majority of his items went above the reserve price. Ugh…I don’t know if I can even watch the video now. But, of course I will. 😂
I signed up for a Christie’s account to be able to watch (not bid on…just to watch only) certain auction items that I found interesting. So, thanks for posting it!
youtube recommended a few videos about the Givenchy sale to me… so SJ could have seen it there, but also she is probably on the mailing list for Christie’s auctions!

of all the beautiful things he had she paid a ton for the most boring piece! That whole room could have been furnished for that amount! There are too many great brocantes and antique stores in France!! She needs to let Billy P teach her how to shop for quality!

but I think she must resent Billy P… he gets to spend non grifted money… his wife has actual provenance in France! ( I mean they make French bread happen!!!). She spent was it €15k on that paneling (in terrible shape & not suited to the room!) and then he picks up a gorgeous library for €8k (suits his gorgeous chateau AND turns out to have a Rothschild Provence!!). It must eat her up!

and yes I think everyone here asking WHAT DOES PHIPHI DO? Prompted her to make that patreon video… “Philip has been working so hard creating a scale drawing of the GRAHN SALOHN…” (shows sketch that could be knocked up in a few minutes!)

meanwhile Lovely Anna & Phillip make the best videos and complete all their projects and have a lovely chateau… this must drive her crazy too! Even Steve & Sarah’s chateau has come a long way since christmas! (I don’t watch, they were just too boring, but that recent tour SJ gave was enough to see they seem to be on the right track!

And SJ is crazy jealous because…let’s face it she was the first YT chateau channel… she makes the most on YT and on Patreon, yet nothing in her shitshow is completed!… oh wait the wedgewood cubby/nook/foyer is “finished”!

so… that’s my first official rant! How did I do?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Fanny better ensure her fire insurance premiums are paid in full......

Lauren Leibovitch
Regarding the internal shutters. To have mirror in them to reflect light is a nice idea. However my concern is sun light can be dangerous by reflecting the sun's rays and causing fires. Please be careful with this idea.
12h

Jennifer Campbell
Yes I had the sun through a window pane burn the surface of a wooden cabinet in my house. If the mirror is sufficiently distressed or antiqued it may be okay.
12h

Mary Chris Hannon
YES! We had a local fire about 2 years ago caused by sunlight through a prism in a living room..
12h

Stephanie Jarvis
These are excellent points that I hadn’t considered. Luckily we’d already decided on distressed mirrors (not for that reason), which should help, but I’ll certainly look into it carefully ❤
Snorts had better not sit too close to those fire-starter window mirrors! His dried-out, frizzy hair would go up in flames in minutes! 😄

936CFA9B-CB92-4B18-ACB8-F3D86DA44EE4.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Jeeves

VIP Member
I've just watched the latest patreon serving and wow, just wow. As you say what qualification does pip squeak have to plan all the work in the G Salon. We We We... Surely Cuz should be the one to plan and tell the silly people who pay for this shit about how it will all be built. What a Plonker he is, who falls for this shit. Oh well the higher you climb the harder you fall. I just wish someone would push him... Why does she give him so much power, has he quietly bought a share in the place. It (he) really is sickening.
I don't believe is capable of planning the positioning of the panelling. Amaury is the only one with the knowhow to be able to know what is feasible and how it can be executed. This is all fluff to make it look as though the child has some purpose and that he isn't the waste of oxygen that we know him to be. We see what you're doing, Fanny.

• Heart

ViscountLaLande

This seems rather heavy handed! Plenty of Tattlers give their opinions without providing evidence - the reader is free to choose what they accept.
The poster may have very valid reasons wy they do not give more background info - similar to Clara. The "tradition" of new members being required to introduce themselves and to tell and to tell how they found these Tattles threads is relatively new. It certainly wasn't the case at the start of these threads and is entirely up to individuals of they wish to share.
Please do ask any questions, I'd like to tell you about how I knew Steph during my time at Oxford.
I am not being evasive at all. No one has asked me any direct questions yet.
I am in touch with Somerville and the university photographers to send you the photos.
I also have some information from Essex planning department that might be of interest, regarding Cransford Hall?

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Something substantial has happened with the Larkins. They enjoyed their space in laland and organised the bathroom renovation which Ian did. But then SJ started using their place as a storage shed for the second hand panelling. PJ played dolls house reorganising their furniture. SJ claimed they were given carte blanche to choose paint colours and redecorate. I don't blame them if they are cutting ties and selling their share.

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Found what SJ is looking for Ex chateau panelling from near versaille, used in Ireland for filming of Disenchanted by Disney. Up for auction on Tuesday by Victor Mee 35k euro
1658043387493.png

An entire room used as a set during filming of Disney film ‘Disenchanted’ in Enniskerry is set to be auctioned on Tuesday in Cavan.

Originally from a chateau near Versailles in France, the hand painted, gilded and gesso-panelled room has an extravagant fireplace and glass doors. It measures 19.5 metres long, 6.8 metres wide and 2.65 metres high.

The room will go to auction on day one of Victor Mee’s Decorative Interiors, Architectural and Pub Memorabilia Sale on Tuesday, July 19 and is expected to fetch between €25,000 and €35,000.

• Wow
  • Sick

Tartuffe

Chatty Member
Who attends an auction thinking they have must buy something . . . anything? Answer: The same type of person who can't leave a brocante empty-handed.

Here is SJ's new secretaire. She is correct for once: the hammer price was EUR 5,000. However, with the 26% buyers premium the total comes to EUR 6,300 (which is what Christie's reports as the realized price). What SJ doesn't reveal to her patrons is that, with VAT, the final price is actually EUR 6,560 (which is 31.2% above the hammer price). Then there is the cost for delivery or collection, which can bring the total expenditure to well over EUR 7,000.

I'll leave it up to my fellow connoisseurs to determine if this was a fair price. Considering the replaced veneer and unattributed cabinetmaker, I think not. The estimate was fine; and with the added Givenchy association I think it should have only fetched EUR 3,000-4,000 tops.

Just another thoughtless, random, expensive object for the shittoo.

secretaire_a_abattant.jpg

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 43

Balmoral

Well I think you are a big bunch of meanies. In the latest massively manic patreon vlog, Fanny reinforced many times, that she was scrimping and saving for months, just for US !! She is overspending so that WE can enjoy these pieces. Why, the secretaire isn't even FOR the Grahnd Salon as it is too dark, BUT we all needed to see it and experience somewhere in the shatooh. We've all been invited to partake of the chair. I think we Tartlets are not giving her altruism enough credit.

The household has had to live on brussel sprouts and pasta just for our enjoyment. She even had to boil eggs with the asparagus because all her water had gone into the English Weed Patch. Countless tins of tuna have been commandeered into service so perhaps we could be a smidge more appreciative of Steffie's efforts to bring kulcha and history into OUR lives! :sneaky:;):LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Sometimes new people don't know they are supposed to introduce themselves, I never did, and a couple of times 'flying monkeys' was thrown around, I wasn't sure if it was aimed at me, but felt a bit unwelcome. There's lots to learn from newcomers given a chance.. if they turn out to be full of shit, then call them out..
Yes, not all new members are flying monkeys. I don’t like how some are too quick to judge. Several threads ago I was “raked over the coals” by a member for something I posted about Billy Petherick. I was accused of “not having facts” and trying to derail the thread. About a week later, Billy released a video that confirmed what I had said. I agree that newcomers should be given a fair chance.

• Heart
The car...... she finally admits to buying it for mummy as we all knew she had.

The only sign of any renovation was painting one, just one, window railing black. And she wants to gild it. Stephanie, the HMN is not Versailles. It never had gold on the railings don't bother. Again all necessary to inflate her ego.
So she flat out lied when she said "mummy bought it and gave me permission to drive it". Does she think no one has a memory? Or she can't remember her own lies...

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

The Simple Life

She goes to go great pains to tell Patreons that she saved for ages for this…ages. I mean the thought that those two compulsive Brocanters and addicted on-line antique addicts save one cent is a joke!
And what part of “no Patreon funds are ever used for anything that isn’t a fixture or permanent fitting” don’t we get! She repeats similar every second video just so we know that she’s meeting the Chateau Association tax parameters. It’s all word salad and bla, bla.
How the hell she talks of “Philip’s extraordinary eye” with a straight face is beyond me. He’s an unqualified, zero experience suburban Dutch child.
If the rumours are true that Larkin is considering selling his share, who can blame him ! PhiPhi’s domination of all matters LaLande is now officially a bloody disgrace and Jarvis needs a huge kick up her derrière for allowing this subterfuge.
Hallo fellow Tattlers, I've been away for some time, and on a Shittoo-free mode. I'm trying to catch up but the material is really overwhelming!
First of all my compliments to @Jules100 for her amazing tiles. She's indeed a great asset to Tattle and a great antidote to DJ creepy "art".
As there is too much to say, and everything quite infuriating, I'll only drop some comments on the last obscene Patreons video (thanks to the lovely Tattler who shared it here!) It is a very lucky thing (for SJ) that the crumbling dump has not been listed as a historical building, therefore is not subjected to any restriction. This way she feels free to alter it, change it, and also let it fall into ruin. The Fall of the House of Jarvis.
I think she should be reported for the damages she did to the building!
That "thing" that she calls The Grand Salon, at the beginning were two rooms, not so grand actually. In fact they were downstairs rooms close to the kitchen, hardly the place apt to host a Grand Salon. Daddy made them into one large room, very disproportiante, as the ceiling is rather low for such a large area.
What is she trying to do by adding that scraped and discoloured panelling? Turn it into Versailles? The place was never designed for panelling, nor that panelling can be adapted to those walls. The result can only be a monstruosity.
BUT, now we have the new Frank Lloyd Wright, who knows everything about architecture, decoration, design, projects, style, you name it.
Watching Squirrel paint-me-a nail- Boy frantically saying: we'll put this here, and that over there, and we can cut it and move this there, combining the poor old pieces like in a puzzle and showing his highly professional drawings with tiny furniture repro attached was like watching a lunatic during a seizure.
What's the point in slamming those panels on those crumbling walls? And why going on buying expensive furniture when they will be buried under the stones once the dump will fall eventually down? Or will Madame long be gone before that, taking with her the loot and the most precious items?

There is another thing I've always wanted to ask: Where is the main entrance in that place? Is there even anything that could be considered a main entrance with its hall? I've only seen a row of similar french windows, but not an entrance door. I mean, even a hut has an entrance door!

• Heart
  • Haha

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
He got to be too big for his boots!:LOL:
The thing is with all the Lie Land residents is that they are all really a motley crew of misfits who have struggled in the real world to make their mark or settle into a meaningful career. They all arrive at the Shito and in that little bubble of misfits they all love bomb one another and suddenly believe their own hype. Fanny believes she is an interior designer, opera singer and TV presenter, Marie believes she is a world class cook and florist, Dan believes he is the next great cinematographer, Little Lord Fondletoy thinks he is an architect and stylist, Davey thinks he is Capabilty Brown and Selmar believes he is charismatic and interesting when actually in the real world they flounder. Fanny has been clever to find the Youtube craze and cash in but it won't last forever. She has been at the Shitoo for 16 years and really achieved very little and will continue to do so because before it was lack of funds and laziness and now the money has turned her head and she doesn't want to spend on fundamentals because that doesn't excite her. Amaury is the only one with real skill and I am sure could take his leave. It beggars belief that after 16 years she doesn't have a contact book of artisans and that she doesn't mix with anyone French, it is really odd and speaks volumes. She has built herself a little make believe world where she can be Princess and everyone fawns over her. Tragic really-most of her associates aren't even friends they are there for the grift too.

• Heart
  • Haha

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I get the impression Fanny is intentionally doing things to get a reaction from here. Her faux friend also haggled at a charity shop. Also imagine buying stuff at a charity shop to profiteer when you already have so much. The flogs need Teabag back to bring a bit of life to proceedings. She literally just Fanny's about.
She's beyond ideas and truly thinks her fans just want to see her stuffing herself with food and drinks, receiving compliments from her "friends" who all own her so much for keeping up appearances when they were out of hope and lost their joie de vivre. Maybe she's right and people really believe the false image she has created of herself, at least I know she believes it herself. Her inability to see the disgust in what she's doing is what is going to bring her down though, she knows that too.

• Heart

Trengilly

VIP Member
I agree. But, if a new genuine member they would at least have given more background info in connection with their comments. Radio silence in that area!
In any event, reported to moderators because no real substance or examples of what the poster actually had evidence.
Tattle Life needs facts, not just random comments from newly joined "randoms" without back up facts or, substance. :devilish:

Why on earth would you do that? Your motive behind bringing in a moderator to silence a newcomer with "information" sounds highly suspicious. Everybody here has the right to anonymity, a right that Clara, out biggest informant, has enjoyed. The ViscountLalande clearly stated they had crossed paths with the cliche for a brief time at Oxford. They had clearly been made aware of Youtube and the Tartlet 15 by people in the know. Disappointing reaction from you. Now this Viscount is unable to post until they agree to the moderators terms of use.

• Wow
Reactions: 41

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
The Grand Salon is just a grandiose pastiche they keep saying the shutters on the outside have to go because they are not 16th Century and then in the next breathe is is all about 18th Century interiors which clearly are not what is suitable for this room. I fear it may be Miss Haversham meets Liberace. I think the Patreon cult have very short memories this was meant to be finished next month and the reason Cuz came over and it is still not started, also Amaury already did the plan of where each piece would go months ago so why is Little Lord Pubic head "working none stop" to do his pathetic little drawing. He was so smug and full of himself this vlog we this we that and then criticising decisions she made about bathrooms when he was probably at junior school, bumptious little prick. If they're going to be knocking more doorways etc wait for the inevitable delays for planning. This will not be started this year is my guess. So why bloody strip out a perfectly functioning room? She also needs to plan for electrics are sockets going be carved into the bastardised panelling that will also need to fitted around the beams? On a different note what was the argument at Christmas about between Fanny and NL was it about snorts in which case why does he need to sell his share to save his marriage? She seems to be burning bridges with her oldest friends. Honestly I think this maybe the last vlog I came watch she is becoming unbearable and they are both so patronising "Grand means big is French" no shit Sherlock so why not just say Bg Sitting Room instead of over annunciating Grand in a French accent, she doesn't do anything culturally that is French. Then explaining that at auctions you have to pay a fee, does she think her patrons are morons or what? It is actually an insult to everyone intelligence pumped up nouveaux riche idiot. I think she really wanted an 18th Century Chateau but could afford one.Her taste is very glitzy and not very stylish, all over the top.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Jules100

VIP Member
That's what I thought, Amaury already had it planned. Was called off to do the panelling in the marquis apartment for channel 4, the planning of which Pheeph also bigfooted. Or so Stephanie says, in a campaign of finding work for the boy's salary to be justified. (Is he paid out of Patreon fees? Is this sudden spurious talent of his in measuring and altering panelling Amaury had already measured and altered an excuse to pay him out of Patreon fees?)
Stephanie continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Yes, she already showed us the placement of the paneling. The only difference this time was Philip’s sketch and little paper furniture cut outs. I wonder if Philip believes he just invented space planning. How about some graph paper & actual measurements of the room & furniture to figure out proper placement? Dumb ass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40