The Chateau Diaries #16 Mirror mirror on the wall, let Tattlers gather and watch me fall!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, I was ruminating on this post. I did think of a new shed, new tools and I definitely need a new greenhouse. Keeping myself happy allows Mrs G to be independent in Gibson Towers.

I know she has a stash of chocs, she is more of an Emmerdale girl and a fan of cookery shows. (I have mentioned she fangirls on James Martin's Yorkies before now)

I will set up a buy me a spade/spode account. It will allow me to dig myself out of scrapes and escape to my new shed and potter in the greenhouse, whilst I lurk in here...must include decent wifi it 5g for my phone.

On the China front we have inherited a few spode plates and have been gifted some for engagement and wedding presents. I won't be sending them to lalaland or anywhere else.

To be fair to Mrs G, she has been inspired to use old sheets and tablecloths of late and has been known to cut twigs and artfully arrange on said tablecloths. This out of character behaviour did lead me to investigate the source and eventually lead me here. Now don't get me wrong, I like a nice table and i was roundly given what for when i miss pronounced the obscure name of one of our plates...I did point out that during lockdown we had no need for extra plates and hid the credit card so she wasn't tempted to go in the sales. (*Disclaimer* Mrs B has a good job and is independent and is not reliant on mine or credit, she just likes me to pay)

So if anyone wants to buy me a spade, feel free. None of your cheap ones though...should I set up a tier system? 😂
Gibson Post 3826014 So whilst Mrs G is watching Emmerdale or setting the table for your tea, you're out in the shed pottering with Mrs B? Wives and Mistresses here's to 'em both - may they never meet.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I suspect this could be on Derek's side.
Either way I still don't understand why a parent with French birth (ie Mummeee) isn't sufficient to get a dual UK/French passport but an Irish grandparent is.sufficient to get an dual Irish/French passport.

Reactions: 6
All the comments now are after Ryan's post, so they can't use them to prove anything, but I agree, they have their own thread.

Go to the official Lalande web page www.chateaudelalande.com and choose from the upper register: Stay at lalande ->food&drink, it's the last picture in the slideshow (you see the arrow on the right side of the picture.)
Still not working...but thanks for all your help.

Reactions: 1
Misty morning at La Lande - absolute state of that window, no wonder it’s so cold 🥶
That's disgusting. I wonder if B&B guests can leave reviews on TripAdvisor. Surely SJ doesn't want to deal with Airbnb and the brutal reviews that can happen there for all to see.

Reactions: 7
Misty morning at La Lande - absolute state of that window, no wonder it’s so cold 🥶
I'm sure the LOTL would want to replace all the old windows with double-glazing but the staggering cost of replacing more than 100 windows must be overwhelming, even with an income of $24,000 a month.;)

Reactions: 4
That's disgusting. I wonder if B&B guests can leave reviews on TripAdvisor. Surely SJ doesn't want to deal with Airbnb and the brutal reviews that can happen there for all to see.
There’s a TripAdvisor page for lalaland, it has 12 4 to 5 star reviews. The reviews would probably look a lot different if the b&b was operating in winter. The photos people would post in winter would be hilariously awful, sitting around the salons in parkas, teeth chattering, clutching thermoses of anything hot. They’d get to know each other really well, huddled together to conserve body heat.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thinking of the coldness of the chateau I was reminded that throughout the early vlogs there appears to be only one hotwater bottle for the whole chateau. Whilst hardworking Fiona visits they are sharing the hot water bottle in the kitchen. So far in the free gifts departnent 2 additional hot water bottles have arrived for SJ, no suggestion of sharing. Bizzare.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's almost like they want sympathy because they have had no other choice than to take other people's money, attempt to become famous AND live in a fancy house that requires $$$$ to upkeep.
Spot on!

Chat-oooo owners: no sympathy 4 U ...

If some or all of the following are TRU:

You can afford:
- A Jag
- A Range Rover
- Fortuny
- Hermes
- LV
- Red soled shoes (too lazy to spell it all out)
- Jimmy Choo
- Dior
- Top shelf alcohol
- 3+ properties owned simultaneously

Don't be asking for money from people living with linoleum floors, 20 year old mattresses and shoes from Target.

There’s a TripAdvisor page for lalaland, it has 12 4 to 5 star reviews. The reviews would probably look a lot different if the b&b was operating in winter. The photos people would post in winter would be hilariously awful, sitting around the salons in parkas, teeth chattering, clutching thermoses of anything hot. They’d get to know each other really well, huddled together to conserve body heat.
I also want to know if they have hot enough water so the sheets are properly sanitized! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Superfans who are on here. I have a suggestion for you for Cadeaux at the Chateau! Help Selmar, Nati, Philip and Marie live in more humane conditions. ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Don't be asking for money from people living with linoleum floors, 20-year-old mattresses, and shoes from Target.
But that's exactly how digital aristocracy works. Digital peasants pay tribute to digital aristocrats. :ROFLMAO::D
But that's also what leads to the disenfranchisement of the digital proletariat--aka Tattle Life--

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm glad MPK has his new filming partner (was going to use quotes but let's not assume people's preferences).

Was irked by the fitness session sans mask. I'm similar in age to PP and MPK and easily adjusted to wearing a mask while working out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just finished watching the latest video's from SJ and MPK.

SJ's was mediocre to say the least and I agree with most of the others assessments re the peacocks, health and safety etc. Also had the chat function on and she never commented. Interested to see what the cavernous space is and if they finish the loo. Still don't like some of the exploitation.

MPK was much better than his usual past ones. At least this one had some content which has been solely lacking of late.

I have to confess I think I'm now an avid viewer and not just viewing to chat with nana, I've been caught hook line and sinker 😳

Reactions: 8
Oh @MojoDublin I can't believe I got a mention in the credits. I feel... I feel so important, now I've got an entitled and inflated ego. :eek:
I must now retire from Tattle, and start up a baking channel on Youtube. Must also open a Patreon, and a GoFundMe for KitchenAid, Le Creuset and Alan Silverwood. 😭😭😭 Then when all is set and done; an AGA (5 ovens, I don't want to be cheap, like Mr. Petherick) for my parents' house, which I shall turn into an Art Nouveau Beatrix Potter style bungalow.
Alas, I'm off to make some dough 🍪💰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh @MojoDublin I can't believe I got a mention in the credits. I feel... I feel so important, now I've got an entitled and inflated ego. :eek:
I must now retire from Tattle, and start up a baking channel on Youtube. Must also open a Patreon, and a GoFundMe for KitchenAid, Le Creuset and Alan Silverwood. 😭😭😭 Then when all is set and done; an AGA (5 ovens, I don't want to be cheap, like Mr. Petherick) for my parents' house, which I shall turn into an Art Nouveau Beatrix Potter style bungalow.
Alas, I'm off to make some dough 🍪💰
seriously ....,my poor screen ...i should get you to write the prose

thanks for the laugh thou 🍸 🍸 🍸 🍸 🍸 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 if you weren't mentioned .....theres other parts YOU WILL BE
one for all and all for one

Tattlers don't get rattled

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Post General Just curious but SJ must be going crazy(ier) with all the uncertainty of Covid restrictions (when she bothers to take notice of and obey them) - but what is she doing about Carnevale in Venice this year? I would imagine it's her most important event to feed her narcissistic ego every year and she probably spends megabucks on a gown mask etc (other than what she can scrounge or have made by a "volunteer - MPK and PP seem to have some artistic flair and probably keep stitching and feathering and beading late into the night.) If Covid restrictions are in place and she can't get to Venice she's probably going to have a masked ball or a mini Carnevale at the Shat oo - is she going to give the Patrons a breakdown of the cost of festivities vs how much works like fixing toilet, fixing leaking/mouldy window to main rooms, blocking off rat/mouse infestations, cleaning up bat poo, any of 1001 tasks outstanding, could be completed for the same cost? Do the top tier Patrons pay their donations to the same bank A/c the lowly peasant ones do or does she have separate A/c' at different banks (and in different countries?) - just checking for the tax man. If she has dual Irish/French citizenship (I still query if her mother is French why would you have to go around the circuitous route of the Irish grandmother connection?) does she have duel Swiss/French and Italian/French too? Swiss would be convenient for Bitcoin transactions and Italian for connections in Venice, Como etc. If she had an Irish grandmother is all the secrecy because - Nana and therefore Mummeee) was of a travelling persuasion?
The Irish passport is to ensure easy access to the UK. The French passport she has is to ensure easy access to the EU. She has both.

It was mentioned in the vlogs that she is skipping carnival this year (very probably because of comments made on this site).

If she had an Irish grandmother is all the secrecy because - Nana and therefore Mummeee) was of a travelling persuasion?
Well, Ryan and MP will be salivating...

So, all Irish people are travellers, is that your point? As a Dutch person who has visited Ireland, I am very much aware that the nomad population, known as travellers, are a tiny percentage of the population and can be found elsewhere in the British Isles. There are similar communities in mainland Europe.

So, I am trying to understand the logic of Irish = Travellers, I think that is a broad and dangerous generalisation, but if you can justify it, we are all ears, I am sure?

Of course this post also gives YT vloggers a perfect opportunity to make us ALL look extremely bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.