The Chateau Diaries #16 Mirror mirror on the wall, let Tattlers gather and watch me fall!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we please minimise the posts re Ryan, Trotters, etc. Especially Ryan - he is of no interest here until his vlog on what has been said about him. A seperate thread was set up for people who wished to discuss their vlogs. Also please be careful when new members request info on past discussions. It would be easy to summarise a whole thread in 3 words which can be copied and used to show awful we all are.
I agree. Will share the last voice of reason, though

8.png

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Can we please minimise the posts re Ryan, Trotters, etc. Especially Ryan - he is of no interest here until his vlog on what has been said about him. A seperate thread was set up for people who wished to discuss their vlogs. Also please be careful when new members request info on past discussions. It would be easy to summarise a whole thread in 3 words which can be copied and used to show awful we all are.
Sorry....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The locular tissue in tomatos (gel) does not contain much albumin, if at all. MK2 seemed awfully exited to share his new learnt word with you all. I'm sure his audience was dazzled. Bless him.
Tips for Michael:
The tomato seed saving wasn't so bad. I have done this myself, but a lot of supermarket ones are hybrids, so poor cropping or not at all. They are better if buying and sewing from original seed.

It would also have been better if he could have named the varieties used (research or just look at the labels!) Most gardeners would be able to tell you which would grow best. Keep notes in a diary and seed save those.

Organic ones are best if going down that route and open pollinated for future reference. Seeds should also be saved at the end of the growing season, so a bit late but could work.

The soil in the greenhouse needs feeding if replanting and mulch the old stems back into the soil.

Ask local growers to seed swap you can build up a good bank of seeds and build links with local communities.

I didn't bother with the rest of the vlog.

DB, that's constructive criticism. Feel free to borrow. :)

Reactions: 15
Linus Post 3822523
Is the chapel still consecrated? If so, surely it wouldn't be too hard to let the local priest and a few die hard parishioners know what inappropriate use is being made of a holy place - maybe it should be un-consecrated (sorry, not religious so don't know the correct term) because it appears the only purpose she wants it for it to make money. The stained glass window was another circumstance of her sponging off a friend - he was the artist who also designed her logo with the peacock - he created the new angel window but when it was created they realised he had the angel facing away from the alter when all the other angels were facing the alter, so he had to do it again - I am sure I saw a video where she was thanking him profusely and it did not appear payment was in the conversation. It was outside in the driveway as he was getting in his car to leave and he had the logo artwork showing it to her then handing it over,
It is consecrated. The term is "deconsecrated."
There was a question about this in one of the Live Chats last summer. LOTL's replied that it's still consecrated. That is why they were able to have a priest go over to officiate a mass there in September 2020 in memory of the Marquis de Nadaillac who died that month.

chapellalande.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Also....I haven't seen the TaxInspector in awhile...I think the last I saw was a run-in with a new member....anyone know anything more?

At all cost???? WTH does that mean???
Hi They did not have a run in with a new member, they were rude and agressive to me and I have been here since the start. I remained polite and undaunted. Either they flounced off as several other long timers very kindly pointed out their rudeness, or others reported them and they were removed. I did not report them. If it was a flounce, no doubt they will, at some time, flounce back. I would not worry. There are some fantastic and witty people on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Gibson Post 3825214 One assumes from your demeanour that you and Mrs G are not in the first full flush of youth. You should not deny Mrs G those few small pleasures in life (like watching Eastenders, luxury chocolates and collecting fine china) If you let us Tattlers have your address and her preferences (ie Spode, Royal Crown Derby, Shelley, Wedgewood etc) we can have her shelves and display cabinets brimming to full life very quickly. Look how quickly MPK's Spode Christmas plate popped up and he only had to get teary eyed - Mrs G won't have to do anything other than put up with your whingeing about having to put up another set of shelves. Remember, Happy Wife Happy Life.
Well, I was ruminating on this post. I did think of a new shed, new tools and I definitely need a new greenhouse. Keeping myself happy allows Mrs G to be independent in Gibson Towers.

I know she has a stash of chocs, she is more of an Emmerdale girl and a fan of cookery shows. (I have mentioned she fangirls on James Martin's Yorkies before now)

I will set up a buy me a spade/spode account. It will allow me to dig myself out of scrapes and escape to my new shed and potter in the greenhouse, whilst I lurk in here...must include decent wifi it 5g for my phone.

On the China front we have inherited a few spode plates and have been gifted some for engagement and wedding presents. I won't be sending them to lalaland or anywhere else.

To be fair to Mrs G, she has been inspired to use old sheets and tablecloths of late and has been known to cut twigs and artfully arrange on said tablecloths. This out of character behaviour did lead me to investigate the source and eventually lead me here. Now don't get me wrong, I like a nice table and i was roundly given what for when i miss pronounced the obscure name of one of our plates...I did point out that during lockdown we had no need for extra plates and hid the credit card so she wasn't tempted to go in the sales. (*Disclaimer* Mrs B has a good job and is independent and is not reliant on mine or credit, she just likes me to pay)

So if anyone wants to buy me a spade, feel free. None of your cheap ones though...should I set up a tier system? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hi They did not have a run in with a new member, they were rude and agressive to me and I have been here since the start. I remained polite and undaunted. Either they flounced off as several other long timers very kindly pointed out their rudeness, or others reported them and they were removed. I did not report them. If it was a flounce, no doubt they will, at some time, flounce back. I would not worry. There are some fantastic and witty people on here.
I wasn't worried, really, just observing....I wasn't interested in the tax info since I live in the U.S. and don't own ANYTHING!!!...LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 6
All the comments now are after Ryan's post, so they can't use them to prove anything, but I agree, they have their own thread.

Thank you for the link but it still says my virus scan failed....must be on my end. I'll try and fix it.
Go to the official Lalande web page www.chateaudelalande.com and choose from the upper register: Stay at lalande ->food&drink, it's the last picture in the slideshow (you see the arrow on the right side of the picture.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Is MPK gay?

His sexuality is a non-issue, I'm just curious.
He had a "cute" (to quote my fiancee) shy French cameraman this past summer whom he took to Lalande and only filmed a couple of vlogs for him until college started.

Reactions: 5
Is MPK gay?

His sexuality is a non-issue, I'm just curious.
He had a "cute" (to quote my fiancee) shy French cameraman this past summer whom he took to Lalande and only filmed a couple of vlogs for him until college started.
You can find countless references in his vlogs. Not the exact words, but close.

Not much diversity in these chaetau life videos after all...

Reactions: 6
Well, I was ruminating on this post. I did think of a new shed, new tools and I definitely need a new greenhouse. Keeping myself happy allows Mrs G to be independent in Gibson Towers.

I know she has a stash of chocs, she is more of an Emmerdale girl and a fan of cookery shows. (I have mentioned she fangirls on James Martin's Yorkies before now)

I will set up a buy me a spade/spode account. It will allow me to dig myself out of scrapes and escape to my new shed and potter in the greenhouse, whilst I lurk in here...must include decent wifi it 5g for my phone.

On the China front we have inherited a few spode plates and have been gifted some for engagement and wedding presents. I won't be sending them to lalaland or anywhere else.

To be fair to Mrs G, she has been inspired to use old sheets and tablecloths of late and has been known to cut twigs and artfully arrange on said tablecloths. This out of character behaviour did lead me to investigate the source and eventually lead me here. Now don't get me wrong, I like a nice table and i was roundly given what for when i miss pronounced the obscure name of one of our plates...I did point out that during lockdown we had no need for extra plates and hid the credit card so she wasn't tempted to go in the sales. (*Disclaimer* Mrs B has a good job and is independent and is not reliant on mine or credit, she just likes me to pay)

So if anyone wants to buy me a spade, feel free. None of your cheap ones though...should I set up a tier system? 😂
I am rather more concerned about your admission of a bigamous marriage to Mrs B, whilst still married to poor Mrs G. I can only assume that she is under the impression that you are engaged in innocent horticultural pursuit, whilst you are clearly taking the opportunity to carry on your nefarious relationship with this floozey who is clearly looking for a sugar daddy to fund her addiction to crockery. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree. Will share the last voice of reason, though

View attachment 423042
Linus Post 3825848 And yet for some inexplicible reason "The Gullibles" keep sending him and his ilk, money and gifts. This is why we keep posting, hoping that the truth will get out there. It seems for every grifter and con artist there are many folls lining up to throw money at the. And Covid can't be blamed - it's being going on since Eve pushed an apple cart.

Reactions: 2
Post General enquiry;
May I ask a stupid question? But first, if I "re-did all the plumbing and electrics" at my home approx 12 years ago and now they were failing and in disrepair with toilets flooding etc., would it not be reasonable to contact the plumber and electrician who undertook the work and ask them why I am having major problems? I found on the Internet "Our Story" The Chateau Diaries dated 10th April 2019 where Stephanie herself details how she and Nic met at Oxford, travelled around France, bought the Chateau, spent first 3 years living in freezing cold, "Renovating, Pulling down walls, removing asbestos, discovering original room layouts, created huge sewerage systems, dug 100's of metres of boreholes installing geothermal heating systems and re-did "ALL THE PLUMBING AND ELECTRICS" - her exact words in April 2019. So why after only approx 12 years are the sewerage and heating kaput and the Shatoo in such disarray to the extent that the begging bowl has to be brought out and polished so vigorously? I think the standard of tradespeople in France should be seriously questioned as this is not good enough and hardworking people are being taken advantage of. -) (my home made emoji for "tongue in cheek")

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I still have not had a chance to watch the latest Stephanie and Michael videos, mostly because I just don't want to. I usually watch them the same day they premiere, I do find them entertaining! I was trying to think about what was keeping me from watching, and I really feel like it was Ryan's latest video and then the trolls that came on here trying to take the thread down coincidently after Ryan's vlog was posted. I agree that MPK/LOR is best for the other thread, LaLande gives us enough to talk about here :) but I will say this - I was a Ryan fan because he seemed to just be earnestly and honestly along for the ride, wasn't doing a gofundme. Just like, walking around filming stuff. But the lack of self awareness from Michael, Stephanie and Ryan is just so gross to me. I can't stomach watching them. For them to mention the "hate" comments but not mention Sadie and Michael's past offensive posts that were brought to light here? To not mention one of their biggest donor's criminal past? And the whole "this doesn't bother me but I'm still going to talk about it so you feel sorry for me thing" - just be honest! It sucks to read criticism about yourself! Try this "Yes I get insecure, but I am trying to become a popular youtuber so I know that broadcasting my life will have consequences." I feel like I just want to send them all that Kourtney Kardashian meme where she says "Kim. There are people that are dying." because they are at some exclusive resort and Kim's crying cause she lost her diamond in the ocean.

It's almost like they want sympathy because they have had no other choice than to take other people's money, attempt to become famous AND live in a fancy house that requires $$$$ to upkeep.

Big picture here. Ryan - You just bought yourself a car and drone. Stephanie - you have $20,000 a month to spend on renovations, a popular youtube channel and are on British TV. Michael - you have legions of fans who don't care if you don't post for months who send you gifts and money. All three of you live in chateaus surrounded by gorgeous land. I'm sure it really hurt to hear not everyone loves you but get some perspective. Ugh. Sorry for the rant. I'll watch Stephanie's video soon because I do really need an update on the rug... 😜🖤

@MojoDublin 's video did cheer me up 😇

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
My god that is just black scribbling on the most basic white el cheapo grande tiles.
Yes, just a quick sketch of the composition. SJ showed more detailed drawings to patreons, but it's unfinished (Canadian Steve will finish what he started?)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.