Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hello everyone! I have been reading for a while and thought it was time that I added my own two cents (not giving them to Patreon though!)…

Before I start ranting, I have to say that I discovered SJ’s channel in early 2020 and I watched the entire backlog of videos during the now famous first European lockdown. She has a real way with people and her joy is infectious – qualities that were terribly needed when we all first started to isolate. The memory of these videos is dear to me.

My first surprise was when she mentioned in one of those earlier vlogs that there were many “Château de Lalande” and that guests had already driven to the wrong place. Well, turns out that the mix-up is all SJ’s doing because the Château should not be called “Château de Lalande” but “Château de la Lande”. Small but mighty difference when you ask your GPS to show you the way! A traveler with no grasp of French geography could very easily be misdirected and not question the route before arrival.

I am puzzled as to why the name was changed. Was “la Lande” not deemed to be a grand enough name? “La lande”, in French, refers to a wildish not very fertile area of land with only shrubs and bushes. The area that she lives in is called “La Lande”, so is the street that the château is on and that is also the name of the local stream. As far as I can tell from a quick search, there are many “Château de Lalande” but only one “Château de la Lande”. Hers. There may be others, but obviously not as prominent landmarks as CDL. Was the name "la Lande" too obviously rural?

This leads me to my second point which is that the rurality of the location and the building are not being honored. Her taste is clearly influenced by Italy (and the south of France, to a certain extent, the Riviera having been Italian, historically). This is of course only a matter of personal taste but I am a little offended by the design choices that so clearly do not fit the character of the building and the area. Pink gravel, really? There is nothing pink in this landscape. You should have to go further south to find it, or to fancier castles further north that have been influenced by Italian architecture at the time they were built or remodeled.

By contrast, the pink color also highlights the grey of the walls and the damp issues. That damp will of course make the place feel colder than it already is and, eventually, damage the structure of the building. The building probably won’t collapse today, nor tomorrow but it needs to be addressed. Please correct me if there already is a drain that I am not aware of. I would be surprised though, because the leak that we saw in the vlog this week, in my opinion, is not a leak. My observations could be wrong, of course, but I believe that the water did not come from the bathroom but is a result of the heavy rainfall lately. Let me explain:

With the castle sitting on top of that hill (and the drop behind the castle towards the bed of the lake), I suspect that the rain water was not as easily absorbed by the land in front of the chateau, which, as we know from the gardening attempts, was already rockhard before the gravel. The gravel has probably made it even easier for the water to travel further down. I tell you, that gravel again! Rural courtyards have one or two layers of greyish gravel, just to prevent muddy feast. That is it. (In honesty I am probably just truly disliking the pink and finding every reason there is to fault it). Heavy rainfalls coupled with the absence of an efficient draining system, has made the water travel differently than usual. Since water comes up and out again wherever it can, it found itself under the floor of the chateau. As we know, there is no cellar and the limestone tiles are laid almost directly over the mud. That the garden is being prioritized over the installation of a drain around the building cries out mismanagement to me.

We all make mistakes but it looks to me like the Patreon money is starting to fund them! Talk about “maquiller le cochon” (putting make-up on the pig). Even worse, the funds required for these make-up sessions are filmed by british television, but SJ can’t show the results before it airs. YT is the milkcow but the network comes first. Doesn’t sound very fair to all those that have allowed her to move forward by watching the adds, participating on patreon, etc. I don’t have an issue with people giving their money away if they want, I don’t judge. Just like I won’t judge people’s appearances. But as you all have noted before, when such funds are being mismanaged and used for personal gain, it makes my skin crawl.

This was a long enough rant to start with, wasn’t it?

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Mummy Dearest

Always shorten the intro - mainly so I don't need to see a gurning MP, skip the grovelling to patreons and FF through most of the waffle. Probably only watch 6 or 7 minutes in total.
I do the same thing. There’s a lot of added fluff I have to skip through, especially if she’s visiting churches. She drones on and on. If I want that content, I have others I’d watch instead. SJ, if you’re reading here, I have some suggestions for you:
1. Cut the intro down to a minute tops, you’re not a tv show, the old intro was quick and to the point. You’re losing viewer time if people skip the intro.

2. If you want to visit places, great, be safe, wear a mask, you know the drill, but perhaps make a separate video about it if you want to talk about it for more than 5 minutes. Again, you’re losing viewer time if people skip it.

3. Please stop with the servants bringing you tea and breakfast in bed, I know you think you’re a princess, but you’re actually an adult who owns a business. Stop living the fairy tale and get real.

4. Get up, get dressed, and get to work! I’m sure you have a laundry list of jobs, try to tackle something each day, something worthwhile, (we don’t want to watch you color coordinate your ornaments). Pick a room and declutter it.

5. Make something, curtains, a dress, a pillow, knit, cook, whatever. Alter a dress from the charity shop. Those videos do really well.

6. Start preparing for the projects you want to do. Show the planning involved. Then when the project starts, get in and get your hands dirty. If I were considering donating to you via patreon, I’d laugh because you don’t seem to want to do anything besides film, drink tea, and get everyone else to do your dirty work. There’s money rolling in that most of us could only dream about to start amazing projects and provide you with worthwhile content.

7. Get the downstairs bathroom done! It’s been going on for months, at this point, it’s ridiculous. Who cares about a hole under the floor, and don’t send anyone in there that doesn’t know what they’re doing!

8. Get the bat poo sorted out, it’s a gag worthy situation that’s seriously unhealthy. Good Lord, that would have one of the first things most of us would have taken care of.

9. Please stop with the luxury good name dropping and put the Hermès belt on the shelf. Now isn’t the time to be casually showing of the expensive wardrobe when so many people are struggling. It definitely isn’t helping your patreon cause. Denim, a button down, and a pair of flats are cute and practical. Also, test the tops for the see-through factor, especially if you’re using filming lights.

10. Rethink CATC, You like getting gifts, we get it. It just looks bad, like watching rich beauty gurus open PR who can afford to buy their own makeup. You’ve opened a Pandora’s Box by encouraging the gift giving. Sure you’ve said “don’t feel obligated to send gifts”, but you send mixed messages with the OOT exaggerated excitement every time you open something. People are going to keep sending to have their gifts opened on video, so if you stop, people are going to get upset their gift won’t get screen time, others are upset because sending a well to do chateau owner family heirlooms is icky. Personally, I’m torn because I kind of enjoy the videos *hides face in shame*, but I completely understand the outcry.

11. Treat the chapel with respect. Don’t let people take unsavory photos in it. Have them ask permission if they want to photograph the inside. One wrong photo can cause a lot of backlash. It’s not a backdrop.

12. Be professional, no human ladders, pay your staff, be a leader, talk to people face to face and not through a phone screen. If you need to have an interaction on camera, have someone else film it. Hire an editor so you have more time to do your job as a chateau owner/ b&b owner.

13. Cut the video credits, screen grab the patrons with a voiceover of like 10 new ones for each video. Break up the monotony, I think most of us are skipping that part, so again you’re losing watch time.

Should I be giving her help? Maybe not, but I still enjoy some of the content and I feel a lot of us want it to get better.

And get the heating situation figured out! This should be number 1 on the priority list. People shouldn’t have to wear 6 layers of clothing and have hot water bottles strapped to them to stay warm. It’s completely cuckoo bananas.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Incognito Chatelaine

Hello everyone! I have been reading for a while and thought it was time that I added my own two cents (not giving them to Patreon though!)…

... Talk about “maquiller le cochon” (putting make-up on the pig). Even worse, the funds required for these make-up sessions are filmed by british television, but SJ can’t show the results before it airs. YT is the milkcow but the network comes first. Doesn’t sound very fair to all those that have allowed her to move forward by watching the adds, participating on patreon, etc. I don’t have an issue with people giving their money away if they want, I don’t judge. Just like I won’t judge people’s appearances. But as you all have noted before, when such funds are being mismanaged and used for personal gain, it makes my skin crawl.

... and another newbie hits the ground running with a wonderful post.

May I be extremely early, and suggest "Maquiller le Cochon!” (putting make-up on the pig) as the next thread title - it's just too good- and sums up La lande perfectly.

Well done!

After all, it is just common sense. ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
@JustCommonSense Damp, chipping exterior walls, a crumbling terrace, leaking toilets and radiators, a furnace that spontaneously turns off, freezing interior, rodents all in the main building but FORTUNY FABRIC to line her boudoir was a goal for her Patreons to fund. I mean....what in the world.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I still have not had a chance to watch the latest Stephanie and Michael videos, mostly because I just don't want to. I usually watch them the same day they premiere, I do find them entertaining! I was trying to think about what was keeping me from watching, and I really feel like it was Ryan's latest video and then the trolls that came on here trying to take the thread down coincidently after Ryan's vlog was posted. I agree that MPK/LOR is best for the other thread, LaLande gives us enough to talk about here :) but I will say this - I was a Ryan fan because he seemed to just be earnestly and honestly along for the ride, wasn't doing a gofundme. Just like, walking around filming stuff. But the lack of self awareness from Michael, Stephanie and Ryan is just so gross to me. I can't stomach watching them. For them to mention the "hate" comments but not mention Sadie and Michael's past offensive posts that were brought to light here? To not mention one of their biggest donor's criminal past? And the whole "this doesn't bother me but I'm still going to talk about it so you feel sorry for me thing" - just be honest! It sucks to read criticism about yourself! Try this "Yes I get insecure, but I am trying to become a popular youtuber so I know that broadcasting my life will have consequences." I feel like I just want to send them all that Kourtney Kardashian meme where she says "Kim. There are people that are dying." because they are at some exclusive resort and Kim's crying cause she lost her diamond in the ocean.

It's almost like they want sympathy because they have had no other choice than to take other people's money, attempt to become famous AND live in a fancy house that requires $$$$ to upkeep.

Big picture here. Ryan - You just bought yourself a car and drone. Stephanie - you have $20,000 a month to spend on renovations, a popular youtube channel and are on British TV. Michael - you have legions of fans who don't care if you don't post for months who send you gifts and money. All three of you live in chateaus surrounded by gorgeous land. I'm sure it really hurt to hear not everyone loves you but get some perspective. Ugh. Sorry for the rant. I'll watch Stephanie's video soon because I do really need an update on the rug... 😜🖤

@MojoDublin 's video did cheer me up 😇

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Sounds fun, but I have small children and a business to run. So...that will never happen. Americans don't have a lot of free time for such things.
Wow, I didn't realise that Americans lived such different lives to the rest of us! You see in the UK, we sit in our rocking chairs, in our quaint little thatched cottages, as we wait for our scones to bake for afternoon tea, with no concept of what life must be like in the modern world. You learn something new every day!

• Haha
📼 Fast Forward with Frances 📼

Thread Gossip
  • Regarding "travellers" - as I am from the states I was not sure I could contribute anything to this conversation. A quick google gave me this thoughtful piece https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ypsy-racism-britain-prejudice-roma-travellers
  • A lot and I mean a lot of back and forth and pointed fingers over who certain members may or may not be. Being an anonymous website it is hard to discern whether people are trying to derail and cause chaos OR are sincerely curious/suspicious. Are we all just bored at home, living through a pandemic and like to gossip? Or are we all tall, handsome, Dutch men enacting our revenge? Who knows. As always, we may not agree but that is why we have been given the power to scroll and ignore.
  • @MojoDublin provided us with another cinematic masterpiece that by looking at a couple tattle posts may have been noticed by one of the chateau groups on Facebook? Hopefully Mojo will remain anonymous and not lose her patron status! Do we need to call the WItness Protection Department Mojo?
  • We learned that Americans new members don't have time to read all the threads and I don't know what that says about me as an American, my time management skills and my priorities in general but I guess thats my own problem to worry about isn't it. 😇
Chateau Gossip
  • PASSPORTS are the new TAXES - lots of passport talk. Stephanie has said she has an Irish passport through a grandparent. I don't completely understand what this means re: EU travel, Brexit etc, but many other tattlers do and have posted eloquently about it
  • Dana has piqued the threads interest. Are Stephanie and Dana genuine friends? or does Stephanie stuff down her jealousy keep Dana around because she is a phenomenal cook? We all agree, Dana is gorgeous. Dana may be getting a divorce? Or she is frequently on/off with her boyfriend/husband - no consensus was reached.
  • Marie posted on instagram about having to cook lunch and dinner for a film crew. She also shared a photo of a window in her room with severely chipping paint. Today seems to be Nati's birthday? Marie posted a few pictures of Nati, Selmar and Philip looking happy and dare I say .. cute?
  • Lots of chat about a project Stephanie is working on with the graphic designer/volunteer/guy who left the auto focus on during Cadeaux Steven to put her father's art on the kitchen tiles. Photos were provided in the thread.
Again - everything and nothing at the same time XO 🖤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
In the interest of saving the building drainage can still be added. It's trenches just like the ones for lighting added after the fact. She needs a project manager to inform her these things need to happen in order. But sadly she's too cheap to hire one. Unless one volunteers like all her previous labor. Mouldy Fourtuny and corroded electrics may force the issue. Professional brand outreach could also garner her free building supplies even solar. Garden plants, bougie hair styling tools she only uses once. Granted she'd have to quit looking like a reverse skunk. Again she'd have to pay a firm for these services.
I bet that Belgian guy has probably told her 🤔

Misty morning at La Lande - absolute state of that window, no wonder it’s so cold 🥶

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Mummy Dearest

I‘ve scrolled the threads over and over and hadn’t seen this pop up anywhere. My apologies if it has been posted previously, (I was scrolling really quickly!). I had found this interesting photo (that’s clearly taken in the la lande chapel), when I was searching for extra info on CD. I have a lot of questions 😂. 1. What would the former marquises think if they knew their precious chapel was being used for this type of ‘art’? 2. Did SJ know about this, although judging by her father’s art, she’d probably approve. 3. If the patrons were aware guests of lalaland were using the sacred chapel as lingerie photo shoot, would they appreciate their hard earned money being used to renovate a photography backdrop? Maybe I’m over analyzing , but I thought it interesting nonetheless.
4FFCD5A0-195D-4813-B0FC-25A204A6800D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
Those ‘flowers’ look like a grass verge that’s just been weed killed by the council. Dear oh dear

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Before I start ranting, I have to say that I discovered SJ’s channel in early 2020 and I watched the entire backlog of videos during the now famous first European lockdown. She has a real way with people and her joy is infectious – qualities that were terribly needed when we all first started to isolate. The memory of these videos is dear to me.

My first surprise was when she mentioned in one of those earlier vlogs that there were many “Château de Lalande” and that guests had already driven to the wrong place. Well, turns out that the mix-up is all SJ’s doing because the Château should not be called “Château de Lalande” but “Château de la Lande”. Small but mighty difference when you ask your GPS to show you the way! A traveler with no grasp of French geography could very easily be misdirected and not question the route before arrival.

I am puzzled as to why the name was changed. Was “la Lande” not deemed to be a grand enough name? “La lande”, in French, refers to a wildish not very fertile area of land with only shrubs and bushes. The area that she lives in is called “La Lande”, so is the street that the château is on and that is also the name of the local stream. As far as I can tell from a quick search, there are many “Château de Lalande” but only one “Château de la Lande”. Hers. There may be others, but obviously not as prominent landmarks as CDL. Was the name "la Lande" too obviously rural?

This leads me to my second point which is that the rurality of the location and the building are not being honored. Her taste is clearly influenced by Italy (and the south of France, to a certain extent, the Riviera having been Italian, historically). This is of course only a matter of personal taste but I am a little offended by the design choices that so clearly do not fit the character of the building and the area. Pink gravel, really? There is nothing pink in this landscape. You should have to go further south to find it, or to fancier castles further north that have been influenced by Italian architecture at the time they were built or remodeled.

By contrast, the pink color also highlights the grey of the walls and the damp issues. That damp will of course make the place feel colder than it already is and, eventually, damage the structure of the building. The building probably won’t collapse today, nor tomorrow but it needs to be addressed. Please correct me if there already is a drain that I am not aware of. I would be surprised though, because the leak that we saw in the vlog this week, in my opinion, is not a leak. My observations could be wrong, of course, but I believe that the water did not come from the bathroom but is a result of the heavy rainfall lately. Let me explain:

With the castle sitting on top of that hill (and the drop behind the castle towards the bed of the lake), I suspect that the rain water was not as easily absorbed by the land in front of the chateau, which, as we know from the gardening attempts, was already rockhard before the gravel. The gravel has probably made it even easier for the water to travel further down. I tell you, that gravel again! Rural courtyards have one or two layers of greyish gravel, just to prevent muddy feast. That is it. (In honesty I am probably just truly disliking the pink and finding every reason there is to fault it). Heavy rainfalls coupled with the absence of an efficient draining system, has made the water travel differently than usual. Since water comes up and out again wherever it can, it found itself under the floor of the chateau. As we know, there is no cellar and the limestone tiles are laid almost directly over the mud. That the garden is being prioritized over the installation of a drain around the building cries out mismanagement to me.

We all make mistakes but it looks to me like the Patreon money is starting to fund them! Talk about “maquiller le cochon” (putting make-up on the pig). Even worse, the funds required for these make-up sessions are filmed by british television, but SJ can’t show the results before it airs. YT is the milkcow but the network comes first. Doesn’t sound very fair to all those that have allowed her to move forward by watching the adds, participating on patreon, etc. I don’t have an issue with people giving their money away if they want, I don’t judge. Just like I won’t judge people’s appearances. But as you all have noted before, when such funds are being mismanaged and used for personal gain, it makes my skin crawl.

If that's your start, I can't wait for you to get going!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Rory

VIP Member
Can we please minimise the posts re Ryan, Trotters, etc. Especially Ryan - he is of no interest here until his vlog on what has been said about him. A seperate thread was set up for people who wished to discuss their vlogs. Also please be careful when new members request info on past discussions. It would be easy to summarise a whole thread in 3 words which can be copied and used to show awful we all are.

• Heart
📼 Fast Forward with Frances 📼
Please 'Quote' and add anything I may have missed!

Thread Gossip
  • A couple tattlers asking for the whereabouts of missing agents Raspberry Brulee and Franny B
  • Are Gibson and Heathcliffe the same person?
  • Request from Cinematographer @MojoDublin : "coming upon our 17th thread request please ...tatle can vlog as well you know - pick your best clip,,,that you found brilliant .. or not so ... even if your a newbie and weren't posting then. ill find the best discussions and prose and there are some belters revisiting the olde threads and the donegal lyrics are fablous. you have a virtual embarrassment of riches here on tattle ..... to chose from just name the vlog and ill find the clip cheers"
Chateau Gossip
  • Lots of chat about housing prices, reasons so many people buy giant buildings in France, debt free living vs gofundme living, climbing the housing ladder, expat fantasy about moving abroad etc.
  • Lots and LOTS of chat about Cadeaux at the Chateau - we all still agree we cannot believe it is happening. One tattler went back to the very first CD thread and reported the exact same opinions were being expressed back then. Some are concerned about the CD audience getting taken advantage of by someone who may be better off than them, some wonder what exactly Stephanie gets out of continuing to film CATC, mentally and emotionally that is, we all know she's getting gifts! Although some on here would argue the gifts are garbage
  • Tattler's report Loki has returned but announced he wont be flirting? It seems some of the more colorful live chats cannot be viewed anymore
  • Charity talk was had. Stephanie has said she is taking the $ from a few months of CATC and creating a scholarship for the fashion institute (who gave her the dress) and then plans to return back to the old ways of donating the $ to a new charity every month. Some wonder if that means there is no end in sight for CATC ...
  • Some discussion about glasses which I admit since I'm not caught up on the vlogs, flew right over my head lol - anyone care to elaborate?
  • @Marquis de Potpourri shared a picture of the loo shaped water stain on a ceiling, giving MPotts a run for his money in the photography department ... wait. MP ... MP ... long lost cousin? lol 😜 🤣
  • have we gotten an update on whether or not they brought the rug in from the wet grass?!
  • A bit of a disagreement on if taking racy pictures in a (we think) consecrated chapel is right or wrong and whether we should judge people that do take racy pictures in a (we think) consecrated chapel. Never forget the power you have within you ... ignore and scroll, ignore and scroll
  • 100 Stars robe discussion was had. I'll admit I bought myself a headband after seeing Cat's. I will be accepting any judgment you send my way with "ohhh my. It's so good. It's SO good!"
  • We all agree - tattle IS/we are the Skeptic Tank!
As always, everything and nothing XO 🖤

• Heart

Espe

VIP Member
I still can't, for the life of me, understand the utter stupidity and gullibility of her supporters, both the financial and the gift giving ones. Can they not see how privileged she is? Do they not know just how much it costs to travel the world as she does and stay in the most expensive and luxurious hotels? Granted she may get some of her male companions to pay for the travel but look at what she spends herself in all these places. I guess that many of the supporters are not people who could ever afford to go into the kinds of hotels, shops and restaurants that she uses and so have no idea of the cost of such places. They see her buying some items at a brocante and admire her for that but have no concept of how much she must have paid for membership of a private club in London where she invited MPK. Maybe they mistakenly believe that all her clothes are bought in sales or in secondhand shops as she likes to say that. However, she has hundreds of highly expensive designer brand clothes, etc. Even the Soleilado clothes, etc., on which she and her mother must have spent thousands of Euros, would probably be unknown to the fans. She did not have to pay fees when she was a student at Oxford; she has never worked in her life, other than helping at her parents' Alzheimers' home or answering the phone at her brother's taxi office. I can hear fans say how much work it takes to produce vlogs and yes, that is what she now does, but she even has somepne to help her with editing and the technical issues and by doing that, she earns thousands of Euros a month. She then also has thousands of donations, probably many from people far less well off than she is, not to mention all the property that her family own. I really cannot understand then why someone would pay their well-earned money to send things to such a person at considerable expense to themselves. They also can't see through all the gushing and don't seem to notice that their gifts are probably never to be seen again or ever used! Remember the awful knitted jumpers at the end of last year? One or two people wore them just once. Since then, they have never been seen, even now it's very cold. They are either in the attic or at Emmaus. Wake up, gifters, and don't be taken in by a complete fake!! Rant for today, over!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

ggyahoo

Just skipped through Selmar's video of him cutting down the back of the stone flagstones to be reused in the loo. What a colossal waste of time, energy, and money. He said it takes about four hours per stone. They could well have been reset elsewhere without alteration, and other flags sourced for the loo. But 11k views and over 300 comments and all positive. Sometimes I feel I am living in a parallel universe.

• Haha
  • Wow

pettyicequeen

Marie posted a couple of photos on her Instagram showing her final floral pieces required at the end of her college course. The subject was flowers for a funeral. One of then was for the coffin
This looks like she just dug up the coffin and pretended that whatever dirt was stuck on the lid is the "flower arrangement."

• Haha