The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been to my local TKMaxx (TJ to those of you on the other side of the pond). Had to photo the shelves that made me smile. Also spotted a dress made of similar material to the maxi dress she wore to garden party but resisted pulling out the phone again.

Look closely next time you see Spode, it's the detail that I got my name from.
Well, if TKMaxx are now selling Spode, it must be cheap or the market for it has bottomed out.
I wonder whether SJ and PJ are paying more for it on Ebay/auctions/brocantes? I imagine that they know where best to purchase because, after all, they are the Spode experts - NOT!
Is TKMaxx in France, if so, I feel another road trip for SJ/PJ is on the cards. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Old Squirrel Goth Boyfriend ( I just hate those black fingernails of his ) sure can shimmy up that ladder to put "his" chandelier up !
He can work when HE wants too !

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I just got a vision of someone accidentally pushing Support squirrel into the moat….and him flailing and sputtering! Can you imagine that ? he he he.

I just got a vision of someone accidentally pushing Support squirrel into the moat….and him flailing and sputtering! Can you imagine that ? he he he.
Yes ideal for Kiddies books up there with The Joy of Sex and The Karma Sutra are these people on drugs or just lobotomised?
Yes ideal for Kiddies books up there with The Joy of Sex and The Karma Sutra are these people on drugs or just lobotomised?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well, if TKMaxx are now selling Spode, it must be cheap or the market for it has bottomed out.
I wonder whether SJ and PJ are paying more for it on Ebay/auctions/brocantes? I imagine that they know where best to purchase because, after all, they are the Spode experts - NOT!
Is TKMaxx in France, if so, I feel another road trip for SJ/PJ is on the cards. :giggle:
Certainly never seen one around my neck of the woods but maybe in bigger towns. We do have two other shops called Mille Stock and NOZ which take bankrupt stock but it's always bits and pieces, never on the scale they sell in TK (in the UK TJ) Maxx. Used to like shopping in there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Snorty
  • nail vanish and pinky out (yet grannies still fooled into thinking Fanny and he are a couple)
  • his calling is to be a waiter, and I wish he's just go somewhere else and be the best waiter/maitre d' he can be (perhaps head to Corsica with Cyril)
Garden Party my Ass
  • who the hell just serves a bowl of Tuna Pasta Salad to guests for dinner? Sure, have it for dinner for yourself, but when you are having guests for a garden dinner party and that's all you serve??? No wonder they ate it all, they were starving. I can't believe Fanny, served no other dish to accompany the meal - no sliced tomatoes, cucumbers or even pickles in a dish? Hell, offer a selection of cold salads or put some some cold meats out too.
Grabeaux
  • how convenient all those gifts (table runner, dress, jewelry) arrived in Grabeaux just in time for the Garden party? Not hard to do when Fanny either opens up the parcels ahead of time and stages them for Grabeaux and/or sends the parcels to herself.
Natti & Amury
  • stop snogging at the dinner table
And he made FOUR big bowls of it... They'll be eating it the rest of the month! You know nothing gets thrown away...

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
All Spode is now made in China and transfer print. Old Spode and vintage stuff still fetching a pretty penny. They now produce a very limited range and yes the prosaic blue and white Italian beloved by Fanny is one such design

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
who ever has heard of a B anB only open for weekends for 3 months a year and only selective weekends at that

Don't forget it's not a conventional B&B, run as a conventional business. Guests aren't Jo/Joe Public booking a conventional stay - breaking a journey en route to somewhere else, staying for a wedding/birthday celebration nearby, making it a one or two night base to see the local sights. Guests are Patreon Pilgrims. At the moment, she's in a position to open at will and carefully filter those who make bookings. It's more or less a private members' club. Except SJ can't call it that without compromising the advantages (few inspections, minimal business registrations and other legal responsibilities) of offering chambres d'hote to whomsoever may wish to book accommodation.

Incidentally, there are rules attached to supporting/being a member of an Association de Loi 1901 (in this case, signing up to support Lalande via Patreon) which specifies that membership does not and should not grant benefits (tangible or in kind) by virtue of paying a sub: A Patreon gets a discount code should you wish to stay. In my book, that's dodgy ground.

There are so many layers of La Jarvis sailing very close to the wind. Whither the rocks to sink her ship?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's odd that Dan didn't attend the so-called garden party. He stayed at home in his weird hot tub instead. I wonder if his relationship with Annalise has deteriorated even further.
I wonder who dealt with THAT conversation... Nutti likely... "Dan, Annalise is coming with the boys, so you're not welcome"....

• Wow
Reactions: 11
me time.
347 comments by patron's to this week's video and the overwhelming majority support sponsorship, with only a handful of naysayers. Again, no response from Fanny and crew to any of the patron's comments this week. They must be too busy travelling the French countryside in the convertible.

There were, however, some interesting patron comments about the tiles...
Jules, do you think you can whip up a tile for Wailing Banshee? Also who knew Wailing Banshee was an international financial mkts expert. :ROFLMAO:
Wailing Banshee
Hi Gang! Love the colors you chose for the Tac Room they'd be the Exact same colors I'd choose! So happy to see your Dad's tiles done I know they meant the World to you! Way to go Steve! Great job! As far as sponsors go - it's your channel do what you can! Still watching the Global market and BRICs growing... heard Iran, Saudi Arabia, n Germany are in negotiations to join. Which of course affects the US Fiat dollar. So stay cautious . Best to bring in as much revenue as possible. Best to All! Xoxo... btw can we get a wailing banshee in the woods on your dad's tiles? 😳 just kidding 😎👍 Stay Frosty...

Jules, how about a tile of Potty swimming in the moat?
Joanne Richardson
Is the Marquis bedroom painted in stone blue too? I love the tiles I particularly like that You and Nic are represented, wouldn’t it be great if Steve could include Micheal Potts swimming in the moat too.

I don't even want to think about this.....
Dorelei McMillan
Childrens books with your father's art. Cartoons featuring these tile characters.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=57944088
I do not have the expertise of Jules when it comes to tile making, but I have developed my own tile here as I felt sort of left out. You'll recall that my last avatar was the handmaid from Gilead giving the finger. I decided to use that as my guide, as it would be easier than trying to draw Zena, who replaced my Gilead avatar. I'm excited to say, it could also be used as an option for the Wailing Banshee!

(I don't know if I'm going to upload it as my avatar. I got tired of the unfriendly "FU" avatar, which doesn't typically reflect my charming personality).

1657285441630.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
All that OTT dressing up by the ladies for a plate of tuna pasta and a bowl of ice cream. Just so ridiculously La La Lande, just get a grip! :rolleyes:
Seriously! I'd have been quite pissed off if I'd spent on a new dress, organized the kids, made my way over there, and got tuna in pasta? I swear he does it so nobody asks him to do it again... We all know that trick...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I suspect she would fit right in with that lying, narcissistic tub of lard! I'm sure she'd manage to raid the taxpayer coffers to throw in a chandelier or two!
View attachment 1401340View attachment 1401338View attachment 1401343
Apologies in advance as this is not political in the least, just pure outrage from me personally.

I heard on the radio this morning that the recent revamp of Boris Johnson's No.11 flat cost £200K.
If true, absolutely despicable waste of taxpayers' money - that's more than some people pay for a flat/house - outside of London, of course! And God only knows how many times the average person's annual salary generally is.
I wonder whether he and Carrie would have spent that figure from their personal funds if they had been footing the bill themselves? :mad:
I sincerely hope that the new PM likes the recently revamped flat, otherwise he is stuffed!

The Prime Minister’s controversial refurbishment of his official Downing Street flat cost more than £200,000, a leaked copy of the invoice suggests.
Items ordered by Boris and Carrie Johnson for their No 11 apartment from interior designer Lulu Lytle’s upmarket Soane Britain firm included a £7,000 rug and 10 rolls of wallpaper costing £225 each, the document, obtained by The Independent, indicates.
The bill also listed a £3,675 drinks trolley, two sofas worth more than £15,000, and dining chairs costing £11,200, with the cheapest item – a kitchen table cloth – priced at £500.
The reports are likely to reopen controversy surrounding the lavish flat overhaul and how it was funded.
The Cabinet Office, from where the leak reportedly came, referred the PA news agency to No 10, which was contacted for comment.
Soane Britain declined to comment.
The flat revamp was one in a series of scandals surrounding Mr Johnson’s leadership which ultimately led to his party turning against him and forcing his dramatic resignation on Thursday.

In May 2021, Mr Johnson asked his then-adviser on ministerial interests, Lord Geidt, to investigate claims that he had secretly asked Tory donors to foot the bill for the redecoration, which far exceeded the £30,000 annual public grant afforded to the Prime Minister to spend on his living quarters.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Toys in the attic, post: 10613640, member: 198526
Is this the bill for the notorious redecoration of the flat above No. 10? What a waste of money. Still, it was someone else's money, so that's OK...or is it?

maybe this is old subject as I have been out of the loop for some time recovery and all , guess this bill is where the account are ? did they ever see the light of day ? or just a profit loss statement of some sort.

Reactions: 4
Evening garden party? Really? I'd call it eating outside dining alfresco.

And what a meal. Philip's signature dish. Several hundredweight of pasta, some hacked about veggies and a few cans of tuna. Possibly a dressing - but not enough - involving Dutch Mayo ("my favourite"). Negligible, if not questionable, seasoning. No bowls of interesting salad leaves. No luscious tomatoes straight off the vine. No roasted courgettes, aubergines and peppers. No fennel and orange salad. Nothing to entice the tastebuds.

(There's nothing wrong with tuna pasta salad, if it's a really good pasta salad.)
I guess getting everyone pissed beforehand does the trick when you can't be arsed to make a decent meal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Apologies in advance as this is not political in the least, just pure outrage from me personally.

I heard on the radio this morning that the recent revamp of Boris Johnson's No.11 flat cost £200K.
If true, absolutely despicable waste of taxpayers' money - that's more than some people pay for a flat/house - outside of London, of course! And God only knows how many times the average person's annual salary generally is.
I wonder whether he and Carrie would have spent that figure from their personal funds if they had been footing the bill themselves? :mad:
I sincerely hope that the new PM likes the recently revamped flat, otherwise he is stuffed!

The Prime Minister’s controversial refurbishment of his official Downing Street flat cost more than £200,000, a leaked copy of the invoice suggests.
Items ordered by Boris and Carrie Johnson for their No 11 apartment from interior designer Lulu Lytle’s upmarket Soane Britain firm included a £7,000 rug and 10 rolls of wallpaper costing £225 each, the document, obtained by The Independent, indicates.
The bill also listed a £3,675 drinks trolley, two sofas worth more than £15,000, and dining chairs costing £11,200, with the cheapest item – a kitchen table cloth – priced at £500.
The reports are likely to reopen controversy surrounding the lavish flat overhaul and how it was funded.
The Cabinet Office, from where the leak reportedly came, referred the PA news agency to No 10, which was contacted for comment.
Soane Britain declined to comment.
The flat revamp was one in a series of scandals surrounding Mr Johnson’s leadership which ultimately led to his party turning against him and forcing his dramatic resignation on Thursday.

In May 2021, Mr Johnson asked his then-adviser on ministerial interests, Lord Geidt, to investigate claims that he had secretly asked Tory donors to foot the bill for the redecoration, which far exceeded the £30,000 annual public grant afforded to the Prime Minister to spend on his living quarters.
Don't worry originally it was being funded by a donor not the tax payer then the media got hold of the story and the Albino Slug had to pay for all the refurbishments himself and a year later he is out

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Watching Potts F1 videos: Really interesting and well done.

I just wished he would show his photos a bit longer so one can have a good look at the photos instead of his shirts :p
For a photographer, I thought his video's were over exposed, he's white as a sheet... unless he's on the piss every night?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Seriously! I'd have been quite pissed off if I'd spent on a new dress, organized the kids, made my way over there, and got tuna in pasta? I swear he does it so nobody asks him to do it again... We all know that trick...
I absolutely agree.
My XH used that little trick repeatedly whilst we were married with regard to shopping, cooking, cleaning, gardening, washing etc, etc. His only saving grace was that he was a builder so could fix "stuff" around the house but his design creativity was very basic.
And, wouldn't you know, 25 years later he is one of those older guys who is now right OTT regarding maintaining his lawn! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Old Squirrel Goth Boyfriend ( I just hate those black fingernails of his )r sure can shimmy up that ladder to put "his" chandelier up !
He can work when HE wants too !
I'm surprised that regulations are not in place that qualified electricians alone can install electrical items in a property used for business. I note Dan also did wiring in the pantry.

Reactions: 14
Don't worry originally it was being funded by a donor not the tax payer then the media got hold of the story and the Albino Slug had to pay for all the refurbishments himself and a year later he is out
Good. Sounds just like someone who is very well known to Tattle Life who may just have to do exactly the same in the not too distant future. I sincerely hope so, all fingers and toes crossed! ;)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.