The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t remember who asked but here is a note from the Fleuries regarding last nights missing vlog
Thanks, that was me. I did also call SJ the village bike but may not have been the first to do so just a more recent one, after Clara disclosed the arrangements at the Chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It just demonstrates how SJ’s design sense is terrible….scatterbrained. First, as many here have pointed out, La Lande is a farmhouse. SJ is trying to make it something more “grand,” but it doesn’t work because what she’s doing doesn’t “fit.” Also, the farmhouse is old…it’s not perfect. Even the building’s floorplan and layout is a little wonky and quirky. Beauty can be found in “ruins” and imperfection; many designers choose to highlight, embrace, and incorporate those imperfections into their design. SJ’s approach is somewhat schizophrenic*, though. It appears she wants to renovate rooms to make them “new,” but the renovations are done “half assed.” The end result looks like lipstick on a pig. You should either embrace the ruins and imperfections “as is”…make sure the building is structurally sound and water tight (stop any further damage), but keep the chipped walls, the weathering, the worn down tiles, etc. to really highlight the history of the place. OR…completely renovate to make it brand new. Instead, SJ puts a fresh coat of paint on crumbling plaster, or wallpaper on moldy walls…the result looks like a mess. And the new work is poorly done. The charm is removed. It’s so sad to see.

*No disrespect to anyone with schizophrenia or have a loved one with schizophrenia
I agree, Michael Potts had said the divots in the walls were from saddles carried up and down the staircase... That sounds charming and a history tellers dream, but no, she decided to plaster over it all.. She should put as much effort into her bathroom ceiling!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't think it was me (one of my Mum's favourite sayings) and I wouldn't have been that polite :ROFLMAO: 🤫 I still use the phrase Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt. Another one, Red Hat no Drawers.
Fur coat and no knickers / red dress no knickers - where they originate from is anyone's guess.
I've always though it was stereotyping what hookers wore, so was aimed at any female who was glamouorous and pretty, thus some old bitchey biddy would describe anyone who fitted the description as a 'no knicker wearer'. Ready for action as it were.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I thought right from the word go Sadie should have gone with the Dorchester Pink as a shade lighter, which is maybe what she has now decided to do. Who really knows, and more to the point, who ultimately really cares? :giggle:
That initial colour, I've realised what it looks like. Plaster in Ireland is that colour when mixed and dried on walls. So the look is bare plaster.

Reactions: 11
I just don’t get the Dan situ, there has got to be more to it?! She lets him live there, all through the busiest time of year when the rooms are her commodity with B&B guests a plenty. That in itself doesn’t make sense, we know she’s all about the money. I bet he sleeps in his van. After all he had it converted a few months ago. Selmar alarm bells should be ringing in his ears if that’s the case.
Also, why have an extra mouth to feed when they are clearly budgeting and scrimping on food? He just seems to hang around.
Is he doing work that she doesn’t want blogged about? I doubt it, she is desperate for content, especially showing anything that resembles progress.
There is more to this, he’s basically acting like Skullet in a way, there but not part of the day to day workforce or contributing to the daily ‘roll your sleeves up nitty gritty chores’ like Amoire is - seemingly a kept man? Odd!
Legally she can only let B and B rooms

Reactions: 8
Well, in the vlog she straight up acted like she designed those robes. Wonder if she was telling a great big porky and got in trouble at work?
Yes very descriptive about the patterns on the ones she bought. Because of all the fawning over her by Jarvis, I thought she actually owned the company :rolleyes:
The website says 'One Hundred Stars is a family business created in 2015' so perhaps she's a founding family member ????

Last edited:
  • Wow
In a couple of words, Stephanie Jarvis is totally an, "emotional vampire". Just like her mother is, without a shadow of a doubt. And boy, how they play their game so v.v. well.
Just another deplorable N characteristic, e.g. initially suck people in through their naivety, then their empathy via the N's sob stories and, ultimately the victim's usefulness in the N's end game. Once no longer useful to a N, you are simply just a nuisance to them! Or, even worse, they blame shame you - absolutely despicable imho. Think, Selma, FRK, Ian x2, the mayor, the chapel restorer, the patio restorers, the accountant, the architect and many volunteers too etc, etc. Unfortunately, the list is endless! Davey won't be blame free either, unfortunately!
And once anyone experiences what is the N's way of life and constant repeat cycle process, without a doubt, the N simply just walks away leaving their victims just a shell of their former selves, all experiencing PTSD and cognitive dissonance. AKA to the lay person as, "what the hell/f**k just actually happened in such a short period of time as, from where I am sitting, I went from hero to zero scenario" :mad:
So how does Baghead Nick and Potts fit in here? They aren't discarded, they must see SJ's lack of empathy and don't buy her sob stories.

Reactions: 10
Yes very desciptive about the patterns on the ones she bought. Because of all the fawning over her by Jarvis, I thought she actually owned the company :rolleyes:
The website says 'One Hundred Stars is a family business created in 2015' so perhaps she's a founding family member ????
Two ladies are the owners, I didn’t note their names as compared to hers. The only way that wasn’t a lie is if she’s a relative or something.

I have always thought exactly the same for years. As in, the original French owners are just so absolutely over the moon to be able to off load these money pits wreaks to pretentious Brits/Americans/Canadians with ideas of OTT grandeur well above their status and ability to afford the renos. That is exactly why they all ultimately succomb to Patreon. So very stupid to think otherwise and then just appear such a joke to expect others to fund their unrealistic dreams.

You are so incredibly naughty in your thinking @Imperious Me.
Thankfully, I am so v.v. far away from the HMN or their local Emmaus so whichever new owner, may, or may not, think that they have bagged a bargain. Defo, not in my book, as far too much hard work to even iron let alone ultimately look in any way presentable beyond a few minutes.
Although, j'adore the linen look on tall, lean men in the sunshine - somehow they can always get away with it. :)
They really make no sense as a B and B as you can only rent 5 rooms and the overhead is prohibitive to make any B and B work you really need to be mortgage free and have some cash behind you

I would not be seen dead in a 100 Stars robe / kimono .However when their head bands were in TK Maxx @ £6.99 I bought a load in all different colours, many nice colour combinations and wear them often to keep my hair up and away from face in the summer. They match / blend with most of my outfits. They are well made and stay in place. I would recommend.
I have two but they're too small for me. They're quite tight across my ears. Shame as they are practical as well as pretty. I will give them to my Daughter, so thanks for the reminder ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Fur coat and no knickers / red dress no knickers - where they originate from is anyone's guess.
I've always though it was stereotyping what hookers wore, so was aimed at any female who was glamouorous and pretty, thus some old bitchey biddy would describe anyone who fitted the description as a 'no knicker wearer'. Ready for action as it were.
It means everything is for show not genuine

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Legally she can only let B and B rooms
He is in the pink toile room which was Kat’s at one time ie servants quarters. Stephanie Jarvis of Château Lalande is only allowed to rent out 5 rooms as a B&B. She allegedly invited Dan or Annalise to stay at the Chateau following their decision to split. I would be very surprised if she invited them to stay rent free but she might be cutting them a deal for cash.
I read a very interesting article on housing standards today ( looking at a place in rural France) Landlords are responsible for improving damp, cracked poor housing stock and can be inspected if reported. Bed bugs were mentioned too. Just saying ...

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.