Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

M&MsMom

VIP Member
No, Stephanie called the mother "Sith" which is Thor's mate. We've also gotten through to her because she mentioned protecting them from the pine martens for the first time. I've been raving about pine martens (see on Pheeph's forest cam) for two years here. Especially after they penetrated Amy's roofed, covered, indoor-outdoor coop and chicken run, massacreing her flock. Pine martens can squeeze through a 45mm aperture and easily climb the walls of the walled garden.
You're right to be concerned about inbreeding -- causes blindness and crippling deformities in peachicks.
It's never too late to file a complaint with the French animal welfare authorities, The peafowl ought to have protected perches, nesting boxes and winter perches/aviaries.
As soon as I heard her say "pine martens", I instantly thought of you!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
TV came into the world a few years after I was born. But I still remember when every house I visited as a child had a piano in it, and at least two or three people in the house could and did play it. Lots more amateur singing -- and family evenings, as you suggest.
I remember reading, in my quest to "understand" the "French", about 50 years in a tiny village the author had a vacay home in. It was tiny and old, perhaps walled, and on a cliff or pinnacle, very cohesive but isolated. TV arrived in 1963, he wrote, and all daily communal life disappeared over night. Cafe, petanque, evening promenade, amateur music, debating societies, lectures. Practices of 50,000 years disparu. I'm sure it was the same everywhere else, if less apprehensible.
With the grandparents and great aunts/uncles telly was only for the news, nothing else. Afterwards it was music, singalongs, games. On nice evenings it was sitting out and conversing. Saturday nights were for fais do-do with my mother’s family and square dancing with father’s. Even at home we were allowed very little tv, just a few hours on Saturday morning til the parents were up and history making events like the moon landings and presidential resignations. There was a lot more acknowledgment of commonality as a result.

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
NotAChatelaine's Laundry Drying Solutions:

View attachment 1405819

View attachment 1405820

The ceiling dryers/airers are brilliant!

A "whirlygig" dryer can be taken down completely and simply slotted back into the ground as and when needed.

Amy should take a leaf out of Lalande's book (not something I thought I'd ever say) and farm out sheets and pillowcases to a local laundry. The linen comes back beautifully ironed and ready to be put away. Money well spent and precious time saved. Concentrate on keeping on top of clothes washing and ironing.

Just remembered reading a snippet about how Erin deals with the laundry for theit four gites. Sensible and supporting a local enterprise.

View attachment 1405871
Brabantia also do a whirlygig shaped line that is wall mounted and folds back like an umbrella when not required. Even comes with a cover to keep it neat and clean.
I love the industrial machines that I find on campsites. Usually Miele. They are fast and efficient and hold a much larger load.

JackSpratt

VIP Member
It's Friday, Friday... Fun night in the VIP lounge.
Let play a fun party game.
So, it's the Zombie Apocalypse and Château De Lalande is the last haven for Humanity. You arrive and have to partner up to fight the onslaught of zombies, who will you choose?

View attachment 1402053View attachment 1402058View attachment 1402069View attachment 1402082
View attachment 1402094View attachment 1402100View attachment 1402102View attachment 1402112View attachment 1402105View attachment 1402111View attachment 1402114View attachment 1402118View attachment 1402120View attachment 1402122View attachment 1402123View attachment 1402133View attachment 1402135View attachment 1402138

One more thing. If the zombies don't kill you, the black mold will. ☺ (Did you really expect to survive at Lalande?!)
The Donkey. Mind you look how well Dan looks in that photo, unlike now.

Albee

VIP Member
Is the cleaning solution you run through your appliances homemade or something you buy? I think I need to do this.
I buy it. Or you can run vinegar and bicarbonate of soda on the hottest setting. Throw it into the drum. Cup of each.

• Heart

Nina Rose

Fanny can add some rock hard brussel sprouts to the left over tuna pasta salad - yummy!

Fanny can add some rock hard brussel sprouts to the left over tuna pasta salad - yummy!

The Fanny School of Design, but atleast none of the furniture is stained.

View attachment 1401766View attachment 1401769View attachment 1401772View attachment 1401778View attachment 1401788View attachment 1401789
Her family paid alot of it.

Did the Mairie reject the proposed swimming pool, or just stop Davy's proposed restoration of the pond because they had no permit?
Water police stopped the swimming pond.The correct ecological checks needed to be done.

Reactions: 10

mrsp67

VIP Member
I wonder who dealt with THAT conversation... Nutti likely... "Dan, Annalise is coming with the boys, so you're not welcome"....
It’s about time isn’t it! It’s always hard with a divorced couple who gets to keep the friend. Usually you have to choose, at La weird they don’t.

billybudd

VIP Member
View attachment 1403690
...and or, an elephant vase in the room...

View attachment 1403681
Brian Gittus
1 hour ago
Love the show, but it's almost like watching that British tv show years ago called playing it straight. Is Phillip actually Stephanies boyfriend, what's going on there?
SLS
2 hours ago
"Philip", your boyfriend " ? Are you 12 yers old ? No ! You are over 45 years old and you can't call the guy you are sleeping with your LOVER ?

Tom Weber
11 hours ago
Boyfriend. Elephant in the room.
mmekep
14 hours ago
I always worry for their relationship when I hear evidence of the power imbalance such as “you won’t allow me a real pet”
God that vase is ugly.
For professional reasons I used to know everything there was to know about kitsch and death kitsch like the Nazis made. Kinda forgot it all but your tastebuds never forget. You know it when you see it. Think war trophy art -- the heads of those elephants and giraffes in Fée Halsted's colonial manor in KwaZulu land. People who commit genocide have all sorts of souvenirs like that they like to display, which I won't go into here: Death kitsch.
I'm sure there's an argument that Pheeph, like the dying Mercedes, is a trophy too, but only Stephanie believes it.

So...there will be formula 1 cars framed and hung in the tower? Interesting.
Using the Chateau du Sailhant and its chatelain, a professional restoration architect, as the benchmark/arbiter for permissible 16th c. fortified farmhouse decoration, macho tech cars are very much in keeping with the thousands of years of warlord artifacts and hegemony such places represent.
Much more "correct" for Lalande than Jarvis' more feminine plans. Think of Potty's pix of race car accidents as centuries of battle axes arranged in rosettes.
Or Du Sailhant's much hipper (cleaner, truly restored, era-appropriate) Hugh Hefner/warlord/pre-Versailles version.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
If everybody knows they've split then why pretend otherwise in her Instastory? 🧐
Not being snarky - when I'm writing this it sounds like I am - but I'm not!. Maybe because it's an amicable, mutual split & they're being cordial with each other? Dan Turkey Teeth man only did his big announcement because he wanted to show off his 2 camera shoot skills, do damage limitation with his 'fans' & oh make some Youtube cash.

Kalessi

Chatty Member
She’s got friend and other clients. They are all weird and deserve each other. The time for making excuses is over.
Well, ok. Who's making excuses? Just pointing out the reality of the situation. Everyone who steps foot in that shitoo eventually goes down the drain, but I don't believe that they all asses. Gaslighting is the tool used to suck kind and otherwise naive people into the trap. It would be nice for everyone around Stephanie to wake up and get as far away from her as possible, patrons included. Until that happens I'm choosing to be kind to some people even though I'd like to give them a good shaking.

It's a post-Covid celebration as they could only invite 30 to their Downing St garden wedding reception allegedly. Funny, it didn't stop him breaking the rules for his other parties!
This could be a storm in a Champagne glass as I'm not sure that Carrie will want to hang around now that Bojo has outlived his usefulness to her. (Sound familiar?). The great blonde buffoon could soon be auditioning for wife #4. Interested, Fanny?
Fanny LaFlash would never be interested in the attention competition from BoJo Buffoon!

• Haha

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
I just got a vision of someone accidentally pushing Support squirrel into the moat….and him flailing and sputtering! Can you imagine that ? he he he.

I just got a vision of someone accidentally pushing Support squirrel into the moat….and him flailing and sputtering! Can you imagine that ? he he he.
Yes ideal for Kiddies books up there with The Joy of Sex and The Karma Sutra are these people on drugs or just lobotomised?
Yes ideal for Kiddies books up there with The Joy of Sex and The Karma Sutra are these people on drugs or just lobotomised?

• Haha