Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Imperious Me

VIP Member
I have never been a fan of viscose either. Love silk!
Although my personal preference is a little viscose where linen garments are concerned as otherwise, pure linen looks like crumpled rags within minutes. Made that pure linen mistake far too often in the past and always ended up eventually donating really expensive pieces. :(
See now, if you still had them we could have watched Fanny gloat over them, and wear them to feed the chickens...

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Freesia54

VIP Member
I’ve been drinking non alcoholic Martini with a mixer as you can then start drinking mid afternoon and not be asleep by 6pm😂😂. It is £8 in Sainsburys at the moment. I also mix it with soda water
Zero Alcohol Freixenet is lovely if you like bubbles... as good as any Prosecco I've tasted ... 3 for £15 at Morrisons... 1.5 syns on SW.

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Dorothy Draper isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea,” but I like it and appreciate it. You’re absolutely right…the Greenbrier Hotel and it’s design, decor, and personality is definitely a throwback to an earlier era. In the case of Draper and the Greenbrier, the late ‘40’s - early 50’s. Relaxing with a nice book and hot beverage. Talking to friends, or striking up a conversation with someone interesting you just met. Enjoying some peace and quiet but not feeling alone. Warm and cozy, not rushed. ❤

View attachment 1403097
View attachment 1403087
View attachment 1403088
View attachment 1403089
View attachment 1403090
View attachment 1403092
View attachment 1403093
View attachment 1403094
Nobody talks about the sensuality built into these styles -- incl Sister Parrish and her buds her in the US.
A chaise longue for two.....those beds......

With the grandparents and great aunts/uncles telly was only for the news, nothing else. Afterwards it was music, singalongs, games. On nice evenings it was sitting out and conversing. Saturday nights were for fais do-do with my mother’s family and square dancing with father’s. Even at home we were allowed very little tv, just a few hours on Saturday morning til the parents were up and history making events like the moon landings and presidential resignations. There was a lot more acknowledgment of commonality as a result.
Family fais do do, ur killin me.
Methinks the fish shack is gonna have to add in some Cajunized dancing to the Carolina shaggin'.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Since dim Snorts is suddenly handy he could put in a dimmer switch!
God forbid, never. Especially, not if I were ever going to use that bathroom myself OR, didn't wish to short circuit the entire electrical system within the HMN. It was all a total farce and set up specifically using others to do the real work just for the pink phone - he just pretended to do whatever was required at the final stage.

Last edited:

WMGL

VIP Member
Friday musings;

Snorts appears not to Snort anymore, for this reason I’m going to change my nickname for him to Skullet in homage to his bolding head and long locks 😆 Thats one very peculiar mullet going on. I know SJ is stuck in the 80’s but .. come on now!

Also why isn’t he contributing to the heating refurb bill? The owners are and he insinuates it’s his heap too .. oh wait, I forget he’s a kept man!! Oops, my bad. 😉
Love this name....Skullet!!

• Heart
  • Haha

AndAnotherName

VIP Member
I think Dan said that Davey designed it, which would make sense, as it looks like something that belongs in a municipal setting versus a rural, chateau setting! It's monstrous and, in my opinion, inappropriate for the surroundings.
If they are going to grow something like Bougainvillea and/or Wisteria over it, the supports need to be really strong. I would love one but don't have the room. :cool:

• Heart

mrsp67

VIP Member
Love to hear your menu suggestions. Key lime pie loses its charm pretty quickly after your lips start to turn into ceviche. Pastry crust or graham cracker?
I believe traditional pastry, But we made it recently with our limes, and we cheated with grahams.

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
It's odd that Dan didn't attend the so-called garden party. He stayed at home in his weird hot tub instead. I wonder if his relationship with Annalise has deteriorated even further.
I wonder who dealt with THAT conversation... Nutti likely... "Dan, Annalise is coming with the boys, so you're not welcome"....

• Wow

Kickintheass

VIP Member
I thought right from the word go Sadie should have gone with the Dorchester Pink as a shade lighter, which is maybe what she has now decided to do. Who really knows, and more to the point, who ultimately really cares? :giggle:
That initial colour, I've realised what it looks like. Plaster in Ireland is that colour when mixed and dried on walls. So the look is bare plaster.

Beachgirl

VIP Member
I use my grandmother’s old rules, stains get Fels Naptha soap scrubbed or 20 Mule Team Borax, the appropriate soak and scrub routine with a wash board before going into the machine. I have a wall mounted foldaway drying line for delicates, wools, etc and anything that goes in the dryer tumbles with wool dryer balls. No chemical softeners of any kind. They tend to make me itch.
Not heard of either of those stain removers.

I have this amazing foldable wooden rack the Amish made- it lives in my spare room, I hang most things and on good sunny days hang the sheets and towels outside- My mother always gave the towels a good "snap" before hanging on the lines, she said it made them softer when dried. I love the smell of sheets off the line, so fresh- in the Winter sadly I use the dryer more
I have a couple of upright airers I use as well. Outside for underwear in the summer and in my utility room in the winter.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
I am caught up on the thread after being out with no internet or cell reception for the week…I didn’t want to inconvenience @Jules100 so I tried to make a tile myself…you are truly talented @Jules100! As shown by me and Mr Jarvis, tile making is not for everyone!
View attachment 1404088
I totally agree with you. 😂 Back to the drawing board for you methinks. Or, leave it to someone else more creatively minded, e.g. Jules100. Truly hilarious! :love:

• Haha