Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JackSpratt

VIP Member
And she spent mega bucks on a soooooper doooooper Dyson dryer. She featured it in a vlog way back. We got the 'it's really expensive, and I've been thinking about buying one for years but at least everyone can use it'. Yeah right Steff.

In which case she's no excuse for not being able to make her hair look as nice as Annalise does.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

PixiesPaw

No fabric softeners in my house. I use vinegar. Use percil powder. Not those horrid pills. The slime gets into every nook in the machine. Yuck! Whitener added to the soap powder for whites.
If you read the labels on most towels it says do not use softener. It makes them nonabsorbent. I dry towels and sheets. Douvet cover gets folded wet. Hand Smoothed and place on the rack. No ironing needed.
once a month I run a cleaning solution thru my machine and the dishwasher.
Is the cleaning solution you run through your appliances homemade or something you buy? I think I need to do this.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Downy is Lenor in Europe. Used to be able to get it in the UK when I still lived there...
I don't use any kind of fabric softener as the synthetic scent gives me a headache and I am not ordinarily sensitive to perfume.
Bed linen/towels etc, 60 deg wash, everything else 30 deg. Everything dries on my 2 portable clothes airers which I use both in and outdoors, depending on the weather. I am a one person household so simples! :giggle:

• Heart

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Pussy pink, Prolapse pink Pretty pink?
I wont lower the tone by making rude jokes about the colour looking like a well loved, love passage, were all better then that, I'm better then that!
but the first thought that came to mind when I saw the colour was Michael <3 Madrid Mauve has a nice ring piece to it.

• Haha
  • Heart

Beachgirl

VIP Member
I must be the only person on this planet who doesn't like limoncello. :giggle:
My friend in the SoF has a huge lemon tree in her garden and makes gallons of the stuff every year using that commercial strength alcohol - maybe that's the reason why I don't like it so much! But, even when I have bought in the shops in UK, still not a fan. Might give it another shot in view of our current temps and it might be nicer chilled with some kind of mixer in a tall glass with lots of ice. 😁
I’ve been drinking non alcoholic Martini with a mixer as you can then start drinking mid afternoon and not be asleep by 6pm😂😂. It is £8 in Sainsburys at the moment. I also mix it with soda water

Attachments

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
I’m pretty sure she has no intention for Gerry or Nati to occupy those apartments. They’ve always been intended as money making gites imo. As we know from Clara, Steffamememe and Gerry aren’t nearly as close as they pretend on camera and Nati’s expression has always told on it’s owner when the subject comes up. They probably would’ve been finished and put into commerce by now if the Mairie hadn’t put the kibosh on the swimming pool project. Without that amenity there really isn’t anything drawing folks to the gites.

There’s always the dole😝
Did the Mairie reject the proposed swimming pool, or just stop Davy's proposed restoration of the pond because they had no permit?

KyBourbon

VIP Member
I have not, but it’s on the bucket list. Will probably be part of my first post pandemic holiday. She’s so deliciously over the top.
One of the few remaining grand hotels in America. I highly recommend it! Expensive…but a real treat! And I love that it has a formal dress code…everyone always looks amazing in their formal attire.

Last edited:
  • Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
USER=322690]@M&MsMom[/USER], I don’t want you to feel left out of my joke Daddy tile reproductions. I’ve been making them for people that have been discussing Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida. BYOB. Or for people that asked for one. I tried to make you one, but your tiny Zena is too small & detailed. I couldn’t do it. Don’t tell anyone, I make them on the picture editing mark up on my iPhone. Yours was the first one I couldn’t get through, it was way too hard to draw with my index finger & I got through a couple tricky ones. Do you have another tattle avatar pic in mind that I could try?
[/QUOTE]
Awwww.......thank you! That is really very kind of you!

Yes, I knew it was for the Tartlet Days and I thought it would be good for people who have been here much longer than I to get theirs first. But then, all of a sudden, just about everyone had one and I didn't want to slam you with requests! You are really, really too kind - to me and all of us here! I will look for a simpler pic and let you know when I've changed the avatar, which should be later this evening. No rush! We are expecting big storms overnight tonight - 4" rain with thunderstorms and hail - so I have to go out and move some of my vulnerable potted plants on my deck to some cover. This time of year, as they've gotten so big, it's become a challenge.

I thought maybe it was an app on I-phone that you were using - I'm impressed how great these turn out with just your finger and photo editor!

• Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Where's the tuna pasta salad?????
I don't know, but they are using the heck out of that new Tiffany Audubon china, aren't they? It's all they've been using for their dinners these days.
I'd venture a guess that it's the priciest they own, so there's a reason they're using it all the time.

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Even worse it's 31 degrees in the shade and I decided to do some baking WTF am I on! Now I've got the song Alexandrie, Alexandra going around in my head and I've been doing 'the dance' like a demented fool in my sweatbox of a kitchen! :rolleyes: 🤪
So what are you baking? I have some lemons in my fruit bowl and considered lemon and poppy seed cake, but I got distracted by the tennis, looks like it could be a long match.

Fennelbug

VIP Member
Snorty
  • nail vanish and pinky out (yet grannies still fooled into thinking Fanny and he are a couple)
  • his calling is to be a waiter, and I wish he's just go somewhere else and be the best waiter/maitre d' he can be (perhaps head to Corsica with Cyril)
Garden Party my Ass
  • who the hell just serves a bowl of Tuna Pasta Salad to guests for dinner? Sure, have it for dinner for yourself, but when you are having guests for a garden dinner party and that's all you serve??? No wonder they ate it all, they were starving. I can't believe Fanny, served no other dish to accompany the meal - no sliced tomatoes, cucumbers or even pickles in a dish? Hell, offer a selection of cold salads or put some some cold meats out too.
Grabeaux
  • how convenient all those gifts (table runner, dress, jewelry) arrived in Grabeaux just in time for the Garden party? Not hard to do when Fanny either opens up the parcels ahead of time and stages them for Grabeaux and/or sends the parcels to herself.
Natti & Amury
  • stop snogging at the dinner table
Tuna pasta is revolting- seriously-we already talked about Ambrosia- is he reading 1970’s cookbooks off the top of the garbage pile?
They haven’t even made a trip to the dump, just haven’t.

E-mail #9022-a concerned fan

Dear Stephanie,
Great video last night. Summer and friends in La Land. You made my day and that's why I want to say something.
The hateful sites constantly criticize Phillip, his spending of your money and laziness. You know, I don't participate and I don't read (I would never, I love you), but my friend told me.
In last night's video you showed Phillip cooking, setting up the chandelier, setting the table, doing the hard work of choosing the decorations for the chateau. I think you overdid it.
Phillip is not here to be exploited. For God's sake, he is your boyfriend and he should be your support and companionship. You have hired workers and money from Patreon to pay the workers.
You enjoy yourself and pass on the joy of living to us. Stephanie, you earned it with your work and enthusiasm.
I love you all.
I am thrilled by you🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha

Summerbaby

VIP Member
It's the Fete National on the 14th, perhaps a storming of the Bastille Party.
Thank you @jack Spratt. You always come up with the goods.
God only knows what kind of show the HMN will put up and who will be sharing beds! ;)
No doubt, more tuna pasta, bland quiches and many other weird delicacies! :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart

howlingwolf

It's Friday, Friday... Fun night in the VIP lounge.
Let play a fun party game.
So, it's the Zombie Apocalypse and Château De Lalande is the last haven for Humanity. You arrive and have to partner up to fight the onslaught of zombies, who will you choose?

View attachment 1402053View attachment 1402058View attachment 1402069View attachment 1402082
View attachment 1402094View attachment 1402100View attachment 1402102View attachment 1402112View attachment 1402105View attachment 1402111View attachment 1402114View attachment 1402118View attachment 1402120View attachment 1402122View attachment 1402123View attachment 1402133View attachment 1402135View attachment 1402138

One more thing. If the zombies don't kill you, the black mold will. ☺ (Did you really expect to survive at Lalande?!)
WTF I don’t know who some of these people are...... but I’ll pick the plump chick in water I can outrun pink hat nutzo 🤣🤣🤣 I would make residence in Potty’s apartment it’s the cleanest I’ve seen so far 😂😂😂 good luck surviving anyway if the mold don’t kill you starvation will unless your favorite beverage is wine 🍷

I can live here, obviously not my style but it’s CLEAN 😍

• Haha

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
I only let the deadliest and acidic chemicals clean my clothes and beddings.

i mean, I am not drinking milk directly from a cow either…

• Haha

mrsp67

VIP Member
I've noticed, from watching loads of home development shows and from having US friends and visiting them, that for Americans and Canadians, it's 'normal' to have a washer and a dryer - whereas, being British born and being a kiwi; it has been more unusual to have a dryer. I certainly never grew up with one, we use clothes lines in the garden, on verandahs/pagolas, garages or inside drying lines. I did once have a dryer but I hardly ever used it, so I sold it. Just as NZders are starting to use dryers as part of everyday clothes washing routines, power cost is going through the roof and it's not good for the environment.

To be honest I’ve never used a clothes line. I do hang up my sheets over the dining room and bras on a coat hook in the laundry room, but I’m glad I don’t have to lug the laundry outside as it’s ridiculously hot all year. My last house had the laundry in the garage and it was never all finished. Now, it’s a load or two a week.

• Heart