The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many times Potts murder mystery evening involved the demise of Phillip.
Just flashing on the video vignette in @ComtesseRose gorl video which recaptures the long, cringeworthy mo when Pheeph tightly embraces Potts who disentangles and marches off into the sunset with a death march face. Soooo good.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It is really good and I also think the best so far in likeness to your original one. If you wish to keep your youthful appearance I recomend Aldi's Laura Caviar Illumination day moisuriser cream. £6.99... compared to be as good if not better than the most expensive brands.. I prefer it to No 7 protect and perfect and thats kind of lower end of expensive ( in my books anyway) . You don't need to spend high to get fabulous results. You look beautiful anyway xx

Oh this is soooooo good... maybe you could go to print... wrapping paper etc... I'm getting excited at the thought... maybe send it to the Charlaton...x
The Aldis in my neck of the woods stopped carrying most of the skincare & makeup products a while ago. Insert sad, wrinkly, broke face here.
I’ve switched to Mario Badescu - it’s great product and reasonably priced..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The time it's taking to construct the ridiculous edifice, you'd think it was Clifton Suspension Bridge and that Dan is a latter day Isambard Kingdom Brunel,
Oh aren't we showing off our British Industrial Revolution history 😉😅 But no, Dan is definitely no Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Fanny can add some rock hard brussel sprouts to the left over tuna pasta salad - yummy!

Fanny can add some rock hard brussel sprouts to the left over tuna pasta salad - yummy!

The Fanny School of Design, but atleast none of the furniture is stained.

View attachment 1401766View attachment 1401769View attachment 1401772View attachment 1401778View attachment 1401788View attachment 1401789
Her family paid alot of it.

Did the Mairie reject the proposed swimming pool, or just stop Davy's proposed restoration of the pond because they had no permit?
Water police stopped the swimming pond.The correct ecological checks needed to be done.

Reactions: 10
Well, you know if the dump ever burns down, Stephanfraudie NoGooder will blame it on PhiPhi’s chandelier somehow.
That chandelier in the bathroom... Any lighting in a bathroom must be bathroom safe. Even in France (which sometimes has questionable electrical practices - open sockets in a bathroom, light switches in a bathroom, no earthing). It's an accident waiting to happen, bathroom light fittings should be sealed. She'll end up doing a Claude François! Or maybe snotty squirrel will...

Reactions: 15
The Lalande's weekend reunion/dinner party...
Stuart cooked, who served and who did the dishes???

Stephen Cole and Vivienne Birt had their mouths full.

View attachment 1405986
View attachment 1405988
View attachment 1405989
I am an eternal student foodie, can recognize purslane on @ploppityplop2's Ottoman breakfast at Ottolenghi at 100 paces. Haven't watched this video yet. But I have to say I do not recognize a single component of these plates. I do see the rococo pattern on the plates adds to the unappetizing confusion of the sepia-toned salmagundi on top, with fewmet-like black things for garnish. Not to mention wildly-varying portions of the ochre stuff, clearly apprehensible to every guest through glass bowls. Yum. :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is the cleaning solution you run through your appliances homemade or something you buy? I think I need to do this.
I buy it. Or you can run vinegar and bicarbonate of soda on the hottest setting. Throw it into the drum. Cup of each.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No fabric softeners in my house. I use vinegar. Use percil powder. Not those horrid pills. The slime gets into every nook in the machine. Yuck! Whitener added to the soap powder for whites.
If you read the labels on most towels it says do not use softener. It makes them nonabsorbent. I dry towels and sheets. Douvet cover gets folded wet. Hand Smoothed and place on the rack. No ironing needed.
once a month I run a cleaning solution thru my machine and the dishwasher.
I’ve not heard if vinegar instead of softener. What does it do and does it smell😂😂

Reactions: 4
Yeah I have old school castile laundry soap bars and a spray bottle of water for stain treatment. Works great.
It’s good to read about alternative stain removal which is more environmentally friendly. I shall investigate more. ❤

• Heart
Just flashing on the video vignette in @ComtesseRose gorl video which recaptures the long, cringeworthy mo when Pheeph tightly embraces Potts who disentangles and marches off into the sunset with a death march face. Soooo good.
That was such a tender moment, LOL!

Speaking of detergents, I use soap nut/berries. Unfortunately I've heard the way they're harvested is not sustainable. I've wanted to try Ivy detergent, but there is no Ivy to be found around my apartment complex...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
All this laundry talk. As you may know, my house is under a bit of a renovation. I have a 1950’s old Florida house with an exterior laundry room / utility room. Now it’s been demolished and will be rebuilt into a 2 car garage and interior laundry room. In the mean time, I go to the laundromat a couple times a week. It sucks and is kind of scary. Lugging 4 packed baskets in & out. $30 each time, about 2 hours washing & drying, then 1 hour folding when I get home. But it has made me like the laundromat raised off the ground machines. I hope when my new laundry room is finished, I’m able to get the stands that raise up residential machines. It makes a big difference.
View attachment 1405347
Oh, Jules 100 - that laundromat looks like a wonderful place! And this one looks fairly clean with artwork/laundry line. I hit the laundromat for mattress covers and comforters! This experience will make you ever so grateful for your new laundry room at your home. Speaking of which, everyone please note - Jules 100 is able to start a project, and see it through to completion. A skill set we must recognize Stephie doesn’t have. In essence, we’ll see the projects w/Jules 100 go from conception to completion in a month or more. So if our dear Stephie reads here, fingers crossed - she takes note!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No fabric softeners in my house. I use vinegar. Use percil powder. Not those horrid pills. The slime gets into every nook in the machine. Yuck! Whitener added to the soap powder for whites.
If you read the labels on most towels it says do not use softener. It makes them nonabsorbent. I dry towels and sheets. Douvet cover gets folded wet. Hand Smoothed and place on the rack. No ironing needed.
once a month I run a cleaning solution thru my machine and the dishwasher.
I also use vinegar in final rinse.

Reactions: 11
That was such a tender moment, LOL!

Speaking of detergents, I use soap nut/berries. Unfortunately I've heard the way they're harvested is not sustainable. I've wanted to try Ivy detergent, but there is no Ivy to be found around my apartment complex...
I'm just reading, in a different connection, that babies and little children don't need to be washed every day. (More frequent bathing as stinky hormones take over existence.) (Part of unrealistic expectations young mothers like Amy and everyone else saddle themselves with.)
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/does-your-child-need-to-bathe-every-day-202109202598
Back in the day, there were studies on how often you actually need to wash towels, clothing etc.., the massive over washing we do, and where we could cut back.

Reactions: 14
Oh aren't we showing off our British Industrial Revolution history 😉😅 But no, Dan is definitely no Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Or maybe just repeating a most fabulous name because of its charm and for the amusement of all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.