The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂 You snooze you miss out!
What's going on? I miss a day or two and when I return it's like I am in the wrong thread with all of you having different avatars 😂 And yes, Jules, I want one, too, pretty please.🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤ Though you do it the wrong way: first you ask people to become patreon and then you offer them goodies😎
i am excited to see what @Jules100 draws up next! The Tiles trend on tattle maybe the next big thing 😂. I am excitedly waiting on my tile.

Reactions: 10
NotAChatelaine's Laundry Drying Solutions:

Screenshot_20220710-041430_kindlephoto-29655975.png

Screenshot_20220710-120733_kindlephoto-41075319.png

The ceiling dryers/airers are brilliant!

A "whirlygig" dryer can be taken down completely and simply slotted back into the ground as and when needed.

Amy should take a leaf out of Lalande's book (not something I thought I'd ever say) and farm out sheets and pillowcases to a local laundry. The linen comes back beautifully ironed and ready to be put away. Money well spent and precious time saved. Concentrate on keeping on top of clothes washing and ironing.

Just remembered reading a snippet about how Erin deals with the laundry for theit four gites. Sensible and supporting a local enterprise.

Screenshot_20220710-124000_kindlephoto-43013547.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Our line dried were always stiff and scratchy/ I wasn’t a fan! How do you only use your dryer twice a month??? That’s baffled me! 😹

Uncanny resemblance!
And without even trying! Creepy yesss! 😱
If their hair was styled the same...omg!!! 🤯
Now I want to watch Psycho....
Or Bates Motel!!!
Loved that show! Miss it!!!

Why do comments post in one big glop???
Frustrating!

Have to click on each one to see what the reply is about- how many minutes should you wait between replies to have it post to just the comment you intend it for.
AND there’s no way to react to them separately....
Gah!!! 😤
I try not to use my dryer as well, far too expensive. I put towels and bedding out overnight in the summer also they are not over dry in the morning.

All this laundry talk. As you may know, my house is under a bit of a renovation. I have a 1950’s old Florida house with an exterior laundry room / utility room. Now it’s been demolished and will be rebuilt into a 2 car garage and interior laundry room. In the mean time, I go to the laundromat a couple times a week. It sucks and is kind of scary. Lugging 4 packed baskets in & out. $30 each time, about 2 hours washing & drying, then 1 hour folding when I get home. But it has made me like the laundromat raised off the ground machines. I hope when my new laundry room is finished, I’m able to get the stands that raise up residential machines. It makes a big difference.
View attachment 1405347
I’ve not seen top loader washing machines since I was a little girl. Are they common in the USA

It's just me now. I work from home and I'm mostly a tshirt/shorts/flipflops guy so laundry is minimal.
So was mine until my son moved back home. I’m still getting through his dirty laundry. I swear instead of washing things he just bought new.🤢. Think I’ve counted at least 20 black T-shirts so far. Only another 2 ikea blue bags to wash now. Thank goodness for the heatwave😂😂

Quick thing here....I also use Tide and Downy and I do not like the smell of Tide, either! Have you considered using Tide Free? It's unscented! All you'll smell is whatever your fabric softener smells like!
Don’t think we get Tide in the UK anymore. I love the smell of Persil. Sadly my washing cupboard is the most packed cupboard I have. Different types of Persil for Whites, coloureds, wool, then the bottles of Ace for stains in Whites and coloureds, then the white booster powder. Then various smelling fabric softeners depending on who’s washing is in the machine🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I've noticed, from watching loads of home development shows and from having US friends and visiting them, that for Americans and Canadians, it's 'normal' to have a washer and a dryer - whereas, being British born and being a kiwi; it has been more unusual to have a dryer. I certainly never grew up with one, we use clothes lines in the garden, on verandahs/pagolas, garages or inside drying lines. I did once have a dryer but I hardly ever used it, so I sold it. Just as NZders are starting to use dryers as part of everyday clothes washing routines, power cost is going through the roof and it's not good for the environment.
I have this amazing foldable wooden rack the Amish made- it lives in my spare room, I hang most things and on good sunny days hang the sheets and towels outside- My mother always gave the towels a good "snap" before hanging on the lines, she said it made them softer when dried. I love the smell of sheets off the line, so fresh- in the Winter sadly I use the dryer more

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Just watched this and can see why Amy is finding it hard. Her stain removal method, though it works is so time consuming its ridiculous. And the long walk to the line for hanging, unbelievable. Is she trying to make every task as hard as possible? Just nuts! She didn't even use pegs when she hung the washing???
I'm not suggesting she use a dryer, as she has free sunshine to do that but her set up is silly. My clothesline is about 5metres from my laundry's outside door. The stain treatment for the kids clothes? Just use a spray or sunlight soap. If it still stained after going thru the washing machine (like the sandpit clothes) well they become the play clothes.
There's a theme here. She's a duck up. And living in a heap in the middle of nowhere is going to make it all better. Amirite?

There aren't enough hearts for this, Comtesse!! I hereby declare this the Official Music Video of LieLande!!

DJ's children's book would definitely be a "pop-up" book. :sick:
She picked up on the Marie-fellating-the-strawberry video, exhibit A in my case against so many things. And a lot of other classic moments where you say, these people are schweinhundts and quit Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I try not to use my dryer as well, far too expensive. I put towels and bedding out overnight in the summer also they are not over dry in the morning.

I’ve not seen top loader washing machines since I was a little girl. Are they common in the USA

So was mine until my son moved back home. I’m still getting through his dirty laundry. I swear instead of washing things he just bought new.🤢. Think I’ve counted at least 20 black T-shirts so far. Only another 2 ikea blue bags to wash now. Thank goodness for the heatwave😂😂

Don’t think we get Tide in the UK anymore. I love the smell of Persil. Sadly my washing cupboard is the most packed cupboard I have. Different types of Persil for Whites, coloureds, wool, then the bottles of Ace for stains in Whites and coloureds, then the white booster powder. Then various smelling fabric softeners depending on who’s washing is in the machine🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I use my grandmother’s old rules, stains get Fels Naptha soap scrubbed or 20 Mule Team Borax, the appropriate soak and scrub routine with a wash board before going into the machine. I have a wall mounted foldaway drying line for delicates, wools, etc and anything that goes in the dryer tumbles with wool dryer balls. No chemical softeners of any kind. They tend to make me itch.

Reactions: 19
I use my grandmother’s old rules, stains get Fels Naptha soap scrubbed or 20 Mule Team Borax, the appropriate soak and scrub routine with a wash board before going into the machine. I have a wall mounted foldaway drying line for delicates, wools, etc and anything that goes in the dryer tumbles with wool dryer balls. No chemical softeners of any kind. They tend to make me itch.
Not heard of either of those stain removers.

I have this amazing foldable wooden rack the Amish made- it lives in my spare room, I hang most things and on good sunny days hang the sheets and towels outside- My mother always gave the towels a good "snap" before hanging on the lines, she said it made them softer when dried. I love the smell of sheets off the line, so fresh- in the Winter sadly I use the dryer more
I have a couple of upright airers I use as well. Outside for underwear in the summer and in my utility room in the winter.

Reactions: 11
My dryer is pretty new and supposedly HE, it's gas so it's cheap to run and I only use it a couple times per month. Occasionally I'll leave bath and pool towels hanging over patio furniture to dry, but they end up covered in bird poop and smelling like nasty BBQ smoke - I don't even BBQ. The sun is so harsh where I live it would fade the colors and destroy everything I hung out to dry.
I live in the skin cancer capital of the universe and am fortunate to have a good clothesline installed by me 10 steps from the washing machine. So it's easy to get them in off the line in an hour. Much less fading than the dryer does and no bird poop. The problem is the amount of electricity it uses, adding to global warming. But of course air conditioning is the biggest culprit there. Don't use that either, highest temp recorded here 103º. Piece of cake, doing it for the grandchildren.

• Heart
We have a constantly full washing line at home with my parents in the summer. We do also have a dryer which is mainly used in winter ( or all the clothes would come back wetter and dirter then they went out

i have a clothes horse in my flat and I just spin the clothes and leave them to dry. The flat is quite warm even in thewinter

mygrandma use to have a drying cuboard above the boiler . It also doubled up as a tomato ripening area

No fabric softeners in my house. I use vinegar. Use percil powder. Not those horrid pills. The slime gets into every nook in the machine. Yuck! Whitener added to the soap powder for whites.
If you read the labels on most towels it says do not use softener. It makes them nonabsorbent. I dry towels and sheets. Douvet cover gets folded wet. Hand Smoothed and place on the rack. No ironing needed.
once a month I run a cleaning solution thru my machine and the dishwasher.

Slomopupplylove is a lot of work, and based on the elasticized, pull up trousers he wears, apparently difficult to potty train. Better Fanny gets herself a pupyy instead of PhiPhi the plain, torpid, pasty-complexioned, pathetic, prancing porcelain polisher. The dog will also have nicer hair. 🐶

View attachment 1405373View attachment 1405374View attachment 1405375View attachment 1405376
Torpid. Oh man. Is it possible to make a thread nom that is a single word? Toooorrrrrrrrpiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid 🧵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
NotAChatelaine's Laundry Drying Solutions:

View attachment 1405819

View attachment 1405820

The ceiling dryers/airers are brilliant!

A "whirlygig" dryer can be taken down completely and simply slotted back into the ground as and when needed.

Amy should take a leaf out of Lalande's book (not something I thought I'd ever say) and farm out sheets and pillowcases to a local laundry. The linen comes back beautifully ironed and ready to be put away. Money well spent and precious time saved. Concentrate on keeping on top of clothes washing and ironing.

Just remembered reading a snippet about how Erin deals with the laundry for theit four gites. Sensible and supporting a local enterprise.

View attachment 1405871
Brabantia also do a whirlygig shaped line that is wall mounted and folds back like an umbrella when not required. Even comes with a cover to keep it neat and clean.
I love the industrial machines that I find on campsites. Usually Miele. They are fast and efficient and hold a much larger load.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I have old school castile laundry soap bars and a spray bottle of water for stain treatment. Works great.

Reactions: 10
The Lalande's weekend reunion/dinner party...
Stuart cooked, who served and who did the dishes???

Stephen Cole and Vivienne Birt had their mouths full.

1657457704255.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Paging Monsieur Benoit to create a bespoke design for Chateau Jules.

The Fleurie's laundry isn't quite what you're after but nothing fazes the wonderful Benoit (one of the very few people featured in any of the chateauverse vlogs I should like to know: I am a fully paid up member of his fan club!).

View attachment 1405439
Strangely, one of the few French people to appear regularly in the flogs IS ALSO THE MOST REAL. Who'da thunk it????? 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No fabric softeners in my house. I use vinegar. Use percil powder. Not those horrid pills. The slime gets into every nook in the machine. Yuck! Whitener added to the soap powder for whites.
If you read the labels on most towels it says do not use softener. It makes them nonabsorbent. I dry towels and sheets. Douvet cover gets folded wet. Hand Smoothed and place on the rack. No ironing needed.
once a month I run a cleaning solution thru my machine and the dishwasher.
Is the cleaning solution you run through your appliances homemade or something you buy? I think I need to do this.

Reactions: 12
I only let the deadliest and acidic chemicals clean my clothes and beddings.

i mean, I am not drinking milk directly from a cow either…

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.