The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if this has been said already. When Dan says he has the Man Flu he doesn't mean he has actual flu. Man flu is a joke term for when a man has the common cold. It's a playful dig at the sort of men who are big babies and exaggerate their symptoms when they are ill. Dan is joking about flu but he could very possibly have had covid.
He's probably picked something up from Annalise or the boys as kids are renowned germ carriers.

Reactions: 12
Omicron on the rise in Italy. Masks on public transportation til end of September. Dan's "man flu" might just be another round of Covid. Or black mold.

We know SJ is not in HMN. Perhaps Italy, but not convinced in Venice. However why does my gut tell me she and the boy are watching this auction OR are there with the Patreon 💰💰 Hubert de Givenchy - Collectionneur (was live June 14)

The famed couturier’s collection includes property from two of his residences: the Hôtel d'Orrouer in Paris and the Manoir du Jonchet in the Loire Valley.

In this Masterpiece sale, Christie’s presents the very best of this famed collection with 63 important works from the 17th century to the modern day including pieces by Alberto Giacometti, Pablo Picasso, and Joan Miró.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I've always thought the high tier patrons are very ordinary middle class women and gay men needing a boost in their social contacts. They are buying a parasocial fake friendship. It's transactional to give Fanny money so you can call her a 'friend' and expect her to answer their every email, their gifts to be opened in due time, reserve a room for them when they want to come (in case of Jason Dubey even when nobody's home, but as a high tier patron he feels entitled to come anyway). These entitled Hyacinth Bucket's of North America who by accident and terrible injustice of life live amongst common people, have only common friends and live in common houses with their common families. They were born to a different life!

I can imagine the boasting how they're just got an email or are going to visit a dear friend, Lady Stephanie, and stay in her chateau :sneaky: (and understand how much she loaths them, basically giving them a finger in every possible turn.)

Some of them are clear narcs themselves asserting power over Fanny, we pay you jump -mentality, how many times we've read:
"I'm a high tier patron, why Nati isn't answering my emails?"
"I'm a high tier patron, I'm going to sort this out and call Stephanie."
"I'm a high tier patron, I demand an explanation."
"Did you see me?"
These people don't want to lose their faces, they suck it up when Fanny doesn't obey them.

But most of them are just people who in the back of their minds know they bring nothing to the table and would never get acquainted with people like her without a monthly donation. This is their only change to mingle with 'the upper echelon' people, which is a scam, real upper echelon people don't operate this way, but it's as close as they can get so they'll take it.
Exactly. The scam is that Cara WInsor Hehir believes she will be "brushing her teeth in champagne" and sitting down to dinner with somebody she mistakenly believes is a princess. That the hoi shall mix with the polloi is what Jarvis is selling; it also brings in gold diggers like Dana, Philip, pre-Amaury Nati, and Marie looking to score with wealthy guests. When Winsor Hehir discovers she is alone in the shittoo but for Kirsty and is expected to clean toilets, she finds she is homesick.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Call me a psychic but, I’m predicting more deflection today for the patreon flog. No accounts, naturally. Certainly no update on the chapel, lake, the serfs’ apartments, the panelling, the re-wallpapering of the mucky bedroom, the heating nor the façade, amongst many others projects.

Reactions: 25
There is a sense that we are nearing the point where things are about to unravel. It’s a bit like watching someone spin plates on a pole. They can keep it going for a little bit but then they reach that point where the plates start to fall off. And it feels like we’re nearing that point. I think she has manipulated the timeline too much and overlooked things like the Jubilee that are giving the game away. I think she’s about to lose control of it.
Some of us have been feeling that was for a long, long time…. The spinning plates have to fall sometime soon…

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You can't read attachments etc. like @Luna20 wrote
🤷‍♀️ I was lurking in April without an account and I was able to open attachments. What I didn't have access to was the search button. That's why I chose to create an account. Then I fell down the rabbit hole of looking up all the juicy bits of gossip I'd been curious about over the past 2+ years. Can't believe how much time I wasted 🤣🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 19
@mrsp67
Sorry to hear that, it’s hard when someone close to you is ill, good on you for still makeing a joke, humour iv found is that best way to get though things, never let go of that quality.
As for fanny she could suck a pin though a board, if there was a penny on the other side.
How copper wire was invented: Stephanie and Isabelle fighting over a penny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Watching an Escape to the Chateau DIY episode with the Fleuries: installing panelling in a whole room in a matter of DAYS! Wow!

Philipp suggested it would take half an hour, Anna was a bit more realistic with one or two days :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Omicron on the rise in Italy. Masks on public transportation til end of September. Dan's "man flu" might just be another round of Covid. Or black mold.

We know SJ is not in HMN. Perhaps Italy, but not convinced in Venice. However why does my gut tell me she and the boy are watching this auction OR are there with the Patreon 💰💰 Hubert de Givenchy - Collectionneur (was live June 14)

The famed couturier’s collection includes property from two of his residences: the Hôtel d'Orrouer in Paris and the Manoir du Jonchet in the Loire Valley.

In this Masterpiece sale, Christie’s presents the very best of this famed collection with 63 important works from the 17th century to the modern day including pieces by Alberto Giacometti, Pablo Picasso, and Joan Miró.
I meant to post about the Givenchy auction last night! I thought, perhaps, that Stephanie and FiFi were maybe attending or bidding, but after watching part of the auction live yesterday, there's no way either of them could afford it. The last of the Givenchy auctions is tomorrow, but they've already set records with the first two, raising close to $83 million Euro - way, way more than the estimates. I'm assuming provenance plays into it...and, as my dad always said, items are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

The online auction, with a lot of lesser items, has seven days left. The prices don't seem as unattainable for Steph and FiFi, but with 7 days left, I expect the prices to go higher.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
For real!!!
I don’t watch soaps-
so this is my guilty pleasure indulgence!
Better than a soap opera! 😬
Can’t make this s-s-stuff up!!!
🤣🤣🤣
But it has cut into my reading time!
I did prefer reading mysteries and psychological thrillers. This has some of all of that too!!! 😍
Exactly! The combination of tattle + vlog is my telenovela.
This week on chateau dairies, la jarvis meet her young not so hip help snorts!
A week filled with drama, unexpected love and backstabbing!
Stay tuned 🤣

• Haha
Nah not a better person, but just a little concerned for people on the spectrum - enough to raise it as a question on this forum.
I've seen such ones so badly treated for what are essentially invisible disabilities. It's a very sad indictment on our society that so many people get bullied and 'gossiped about' who are on the spectrum, and in some cases that ill-treatment can build into difficult events, even run-ins with the law. In the accounting example if S is unable to coordinate (neurologically) as I suspect, and fails to get help to do so (also part of the issue with spectrum) then one can easily see how it could coast dangerously close to mismanagement of funds, sexual misconduct..etc. Neither of us are excusing bad behaviour at all, nor should we, which is why I think some of these posts here are very fair.
The only spectrum Stephanie Jarvis is on is the money-grabbing-lack-of-empathy spectrum called grifting. Literally nobody should be concerned about her welfare but the charlataine herself and so she constantly is. She doesn't need any tattlers doing her bidding.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
So I noticed that Micahel's uploaded a new video. Has anybody watched it yet? I can't bring myself to. LOL!

Reactions: 8
All cultures have them.
We have a joke:
Luckily, I went through labor pains, so I know what it's like for men when they have the flu.
I gave "birth" to a kidney stone the size of a large kernel of corn I Not only know what labor feels like but the birth! I passed it and it went klunk in the toilet!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Fanny finalized it with the architect before she left for Venice and the plans were to be submitted in February/early March. Usually takes 3 months max. to get approval so would have new by now. Except in April Fanny asked her viewers for their recommendations for the plans, so she hadn't submitted them yet. Now Fanny's gone all quiet on the planning application, which means she still hasn't submitted them.

Fanny's too busy buying crap and travelling to engage in building works. Heck, she can't even finish Natti's apartment or the pink bathroom.

I bet it's an interview with Grant . Hey, weren't Grant & Kirstie supposed to shear some sheep?
last summer she also had a meeting with that architect..so its clear thats she makes a lott of fuss about restoration...but she doesnt apply her plans to the marie...its just filling vlogs...nothing more...talk talk talk...and nothing gets done...in a few monts the autumn starts again...and she will have another excuse...that woman is just a well paid lyer...stupid patreons...some people want to be ripped of their money i guess..

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So I noticed that Micahel's uploaded a new video. Has anybody watched it yet? I can't bring myself to. LOL!
I guess it depends on your definition of “new.” If by “new” you mean he just released a video that he made back in August, 2020 but is feebly attempting to pass it off as recent and hoping you don’t notice…yes, he uploaded a new video! He reads Peter Rabbit on Beatrix Potter’s property. You can skip it. There’s absolutely nothing new…the entire video was made almost 2 years ago!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Without going into the gory details, it took almost a decade for my damage to fully heal and I still bear some scars.

Mine was on the surface of my head.
I have had shingles "almost" 3 times. I was getting vaccinations to travel long term to China in the 80s and hepatitis B was of concern. Last shot I asked doctor if I was getting poison ivy on my neck, luckily he had had shingles and recognized the lesions starting. He new what I was in for. So he prescribed me Acyclovir and luckily it healed pretty fast. The flight wasnt very fun. Now when I get the "tingle" I run to the Doc! Three times I have been saved from hell!

• Wow
My guess is another random stagger around Lalande in high heels, seeing if anyone is actually doing any work, with maybe some footage of Amaury's panelling for the marquis' apartment.
another thing i dont understand...she rips out her grand salon...leave it as a ruin..and amaury starts with the Marquis appartment....i doesnt make sense ...at all...but thats so Lalande..my guess is that amaury has seen that that crappanelling will never work there..i wouldnt be surprised if another panelling shows up there in the folllowing months..followed by a lott of excuses and false explanations...

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I guess it depends on your definition of “new.” If by “new” you mean he just released a video that he made back in August, 2020 but is feebly attempting to pass it off as recent and hoping you don’t notice…yes, he uploaded a new video! He reads Peter Rabbit on Beatrix Potter’s property. You can skip it. There’s absolutely nothing new…the entire video was made almost 2 years ago!

Thank you for sparing me the grief. LOL! Dare I call him out on it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.