The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let me state that I am not a clinical psychologist and in no way capable of diagnosing anyone who is on the spectrum but I do have experience of those who are and I do not think Fanny fits into this category. Yes she has many issues that have been discussed very eloquently in previous threads but imo being on the spectrum is not one of them. But as it is so large there may be traits that she exhibits that are atypical.
I do agree that there are people who sadly get bullied and gossiped about because they are on the spectrum but I don’t think this is the case for Fanny, it is other personality traits that are causing her problems and dictating her lifestyle.
well, I went to her university as a postgrad and I know many there who are high functioning and on the spectrum.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I heard this song growing up and I always think about it when we talk Phillips squirrel and woodland creature obsession. Imagine one causing chaos in the kitchen…
Brilliant!!! If only we could keep Snorty in a shoe box with a few airholes and only let him out on Sunday's.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
No indeed, I’ve been lurking for nearly two years without joining!
I lurked from the beginning! when a lot of people joined and started posting attachments and I couldn't view them I decided to create an account so I could happily lurk! Sometimes I wish I was still a lurker, tattle does take up time, time which I would usually use to read a good book, expand my knowledge on (war) history, architecture, life of historical figures, psychological problems/illnesses, serial killers, earth, universe, theology. I believe my brain has lost a few points since I started watching SJ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Actually cleaning and decluttering content is good content. the sense of satisfaction you get as a viewer, from seeing a dirty room getting in order and cleaned draws a lot of people who seeks the satisfaction of a cleaned room without actually doing it self.
That's the reason when I can't get my thoughts in order I watch some Polish dude wash the most disgusting carpets. (another guilty pleasure)

ps. there was this show in the UK where Germophobe OCD people went to manor houses and try to clean it. Oh my god I loved that show!

Miss Jarvis, I suggest you search the polish dude on youtube, and wash all your carpets on your terrace and leave them out to dry. Our tattler has already confirmed it will be very hot! don't forget to use bio-degradable detergent! I promise I won't talk tit after viewing that particular vlog, but we must see all the dirt and grime from the carpets.
I think I watch the same carpet cleaner guy and can only imagine the slow shot of the sludge that would come out of the carpets at LalaLande.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I've always assumed you have to join Tattle to lurk, not lurk then join???? 36 minutes to lurk isn't that long, why, we've got Tattlers on here that lurked for months, me included :unsure:
No, no. You can read anything on tattle without joining. But to comment you have to join. I lurked reading (and laughing uproariously) for over a year before feeling I could jump in and join in.

Reactions: 16
I lurked from the beginning! when a lot of people joined and started posting attachments and I couldn't view them I decided to create an account so I could happily lurk! Sometimes I wish I was still a lurker, tattle does take up time, time which I would usually use to read a good book, expand my knowledge on (war) history, architecture, life of historical figures, psychological problems/illnesses, serial killers, earth, universe, theology. I believe my brain has lost a few points since I started watching SJ.
whatever one posts here will be reviewed by many people who don’t know you - already I’ve had a few trying to guess my motives…it’s the nature of tattle….gossip is never fruitful, nor does it make true friends of people. The truth, that’s a different thing entirely.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
On another note. There is currently no work being done. The timeline has seriously been messed with, and there was no first of the month update or accounts presented in the last Patreon. Shall we take bets on what Patreon will be?

I’m betting Interview with PhiPhi. 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
No, no. You can read anything on tattle without joining. But to comment you have to join. I lurked reading (and laughing uproariously) for over a year before feeling I could jump in and join in.
You can't read attachments etc. like @Luna20 wrote

Reactions: 6
Apparently everything is the Maries fault, ( is that the right term for the Mayor?) office... decisions taking toooooooooo long for planning etc... It's been that long I can't even remember what she applied for.... the lake and the facade and possibly shortage of toilet rolls (so much tit in this place)... The chapel restorer may not even be alive anymore, he was around 300 years old when she last spoke to him... the ladder he was on was younger than him.... who know wtf goes on in that mad house... I can't keep up... I do know you have to be a really good liar with a very good memory to keep up a pretence... I personally would rather stick to the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.
Fanny finalized it with the architect before she left for Venice and the plans were to be submitted in February/early March. Usually takes 3 months max. to get approval so would have new by now. Except in April Fanny asked her viewers for their recommendations for the plans, so she hadn't submitted them yet. Now Fanny's gone all quiet on the planning application, which means she still hasn't submitted them.

Fanny's too busy buying crap and travelling to engage in building works. Heck, she can't even finish Natti's apartment or the pink bathroom.

On another note. There is currently no work being done. The timeline has seriously been messed with, and there was no first of the month update or accounts presented in the last Patreon. Shall we take bets on what Patreon will be?

I’m betting Interview with PhiPhi. 🤮
I bet it's an interview with Grant . Hey, weren't Grant & Kirstie supposed to shear some sheep?

Reactions: 19
Bonjour fellow historic chateau appreciators,
First post here (have lurked for some time now) and thank you to people here for amusing me no end! and I'll add some of you have opened eyes to the reality of the CdlL situation. I'm just an Aussie living in the UK, no connection to any of the CdlL-ers, just a lover of history, design and beauty. Grant (whom I also don't know in person) is totally representative of the good natured, helpful, altruistic Aussie battler - and he's one of my favourite on her channel. I can see why he travels to help out, and that he does so to enrich himself by working away in France - so her use of him in that way seems ok to me, unlike some of the others who seem to have no life of their own and are a little lost, which over time it appears they hang-off her personality, which is a little erksome to watch, but then again sometimes people with issues need a place to regiment them and take them out of real-life... maybe that is what we see on S's channel - a place for the aimless to wander and be told what to do??maybe

I started watching in the early days from the ETTCh, which led me to S's insta ( that singles event she held made me truly feel for this unusual/eccentric woman)...back when she filmed phone/portrait style. I especially enjoyed her informative textile and historic logs , she gave a lot in those and I found them great. But... as so many others like me... after a while I started wondering how strange were her relationships and setup with cobuyers, freeworkers and frollicks.

One day (when Mason's strangeness jammed my cognition) I started googling to try finding out who her boyfriends were, which is what found me this site, and I've periodically returned to read all your opinions since then...getting more and more bemused by some of the antics, especially when she took up with the young one. In all honesty I enjoy the joy she spreads, but she seems to cross boundaries often, and when she started the grab-channel gift openings I really started to dislike what I saw in her. As someone who is surrounded by many peo ple on the spectrum I honestly think she has a number of things and isn't she also diabetic/autoimmune issues? For that reason I can't be too harsh on her, save for how she is taking peoples money and possibly(unproven) mis-accounting for it. It certainly explains how she has lived with mess, can't tidy, is constantly in attention deficit, and cannot coordinate things - why I think she relies so heavily on Nuttela, Niq and Potoi especially... that and a mother who holds her to high standard to which she seems constantly fail.

So there it is, be kind to her for the things she can't help, hold her accountable for the mis-accounting, but just also bear in mind, everything you do comes back to you. And in all that stay joyful X
Regarding Grant Hill -

For those who don't know, in Australian colloquialisms an "Aussie battler" in an underdog. The battler is an ordinary working class person who works extremely hard for very little return; one who struggles on through continuing hardships, despite setbacks and with little or no indication of success, and one who perseveres despite adversity.

This in no way describes Grant Hill. Aussie "battlers" do not own multi-million dollar farming properties outside Bathurst in NSW. Aussie battlers do not have million dollar homes with in-ground pools, nor do they brag about having travelled to 22 countries in the world, and they certainly don't vacation in Thailand, the UK, the USA, Spain or France. Aussie battlers are not altruistic because, most often, they could never afford to be. They don't buy, renovate and sell for profit 7 to 10 homes per year to help fund their lifestyle and under no circumstances does the Aussie battler own their own vacation home in France.

Unlike Grant.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
whatever one posts here will be reviewed by many people who don’t know you - already I’ve had a few trying to guess my motives…it’s the nature of tattle….gossip is never fruitful, nor does it make true friends of people. The truth, that’s a different thing entirely.
The truth, that’s a different thing entirely - it seems you, Stephanie and Amber Heard all share the same Narc philosophy.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I must say, Dana is looking very glam in that pic. The hair extension really suits her. I reckon she hot footed it to Venice just after releasing the Cheesfest vlog. Same nail varnish. And Dan looked very fresh and smart (unusual), in his new Addidas sweatshirt. He also appeared in an SJ CD vlog when he popped ito the kitchen, but I can find it now.
So I assume that was before he went over to Dana's for the cheesefest dinner. He's claiming 'Manflu' for his absence, so possibly in Venice with SJ & Crew ??? Not sure if he's at CLL or Venice. Maybe Annalise has put her foot down as he's announced in today's vlog he's doing the footings for the much waited for wet room extension.
His 'manflu' must surely be Covid. 1st Annalise, then Pavlina, now Dan. Makes more sense than flu at this time of year.
As we all know the timeline is definitely 'off' on the CDs and I think Dana & Dan are complying with SJ's request demands to stay in synch with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I think I watch the same carpet cleaner guy and can only imagine the slow shot of the sludge that would come out of the carpets at LalaLande.
She would need to redecorate the rooms, the colours would not match the decor after a good Polish carpet cleaning session!

Glad I'm not the only weirdo watching a random dude cleaning carpets!

• Haha
  • Heart
Thanks I stand corrected. Good to know. I guess just reading here becomes too much for the flying monkeys. Eventually, they cant help themselves and join to comment 🐒🐒🐒

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.