The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of Fanny's smelly soaps from Grabeaux will be handy in the prison shower.

Enjoy your trip and do you best to stay cool. 30-40 degree heat isn't fun and the shiteau gardens won't be happy. Are the water restrictions still in place in France? Just imagine in they had installed a pool at the shiteau or still had a lake to swim in???
Yes, it's going to be jolly hot! I'm in one of the very dark red areas 🥵

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I've been off radar for a week or more and it's taken me ages to catch up. We were on a 28 hour ferry from Ireland to Bilbao and are making our way north to a ferry from Cherbourg in three weeks, experiencing different parts of France as we travel. The weather forecast for the next week is to be high 30's or early 40's in France which is particularly high. This will show errors in SJ's timeline.
Enjoy, they've forecast 39 degrees for over my way for this Friday😓☀🌡

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Well I’ve been digesting the last few videos, I watched the grab but on super high speed and fast-forwarded a bunch. Given markers like Grants arrival and departure, Aunt and Uncles arrival and surely departure, the age of the plants in the garden, Nutti’s trip to Rome, Michael Potts presence in several videos, and DTMs ghosting, I think we’re seeing a two to three week time line wiggle. I think JasonCanYouSeeMe helped with the distortion correction. They’ve done a pretty good job of controlling the social so as not to out themselves. I wonder if there was a direct order to not reveal a trip to Venice?

As for Fanny, she might have spent a couple hours in that hallway, but I’m having a hard time remembering her accomplishing anything for at least a month. Same for Anne Marie. They were supposedly done for tv, but I guess not really done? He’s had a full year to get that paneling in the Grand Salon going. There won’t be anything for Fanny to do while he’s accomplishing that. Carole from Chateau de la Ferte is hand-building missing moldings, scraping, sanding, painting, and gilding her salon while her husband tears out the floors, replaces beams and restores the parquet flooring. They also grow a garden, mow their own grass, and clean Ivy off walls at the same time they are doing the inside.

So I’m wondering, where the hell are all of them and what have they been doing?
I think most, if not all, of the other Chateauverse owners put that bunch of clowns to shame with what they all manage to achieve.

Yes, it's going to be jolly hot! I'm in one of the very dark red areas 🥵
Me too, I'm further inland. Saw a picture yesterday of the beach at Les Sables d'Olonne, absolutely ram packed! Bet there were some sunburnt bodies yesterday and it's just getting hotter. Not pleasant doing my job as a home help in this heat, I'm a total wreck by the end.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I think most, if not all, of the other Chateauverse owners put that bunch of clowns to shame with what they all manage to achieve.

Me too, I'm further inland. Saw a picture yesterday of the beach at Les Sables d'Olonne, absolutely ram packed! Bet there were some sunburnt bodies yesterday and it's just getting hotter. Not pleasant doing my job as a home help in this heat, I'm a total wreck by the end.
Courage ❤ Hard work at the best of times. My boy has his philosophy paper this morning. Second to last epreuve for the BAC. I've armed him with a thermo bottle of iced water and told him to actually drink it today!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I love how you all add an “mes” to programs lol
You say eether and I say eyether
You say neether and I say nyther
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther
Let's call the whole thing off!
You like potato and I like potahto
You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
At the start of the vlog he's working on the wall which is closest to the greenhouse, but in other vlogs he's already been seen completing cross-beams at the far end of the wall, and viewers have commented on how best to finish off the far end of the pergola.
The best way to finish off the far end of the pergola is to get someone who is actually qualified do it and pay them a decent wage.

Why would Dan not clean off/power wash the tiles before placing them back up on the wall?
• Plausible reason: Water conservation during a drought.
• Real reason: He's as lazy AF.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
The best way to finish off the far end of the pergola is to get someone who is actually qualified do it and pay them a decent wage.

Why would Dan not clean off/power wash the tiles before placing them back up on the wall?
• Plausible reason: Water conservation during a drought.
• Real reason: He's as lazy AF.
I've been thinking what is the common denominator between the chateau cult. And that is it. They are all LAZY. Tattlers have come up with umpteen ways for Fanny to have a profitable business - but she can't be arsed. A bit of cooking for guests & workshops in the early days - rest of the real work done by volunteers.
Now we have Dan (not the gardener/builder) who just wants quick results. Not the best. Just the least effort.
Maybe Amaury is not the master carpenter we've been told he is, but a bog standard one who was given a job beyond his capabilities. Bolstered up by Fanny (yet again) blowing smoke up someone's arse to get them to think they're better than they are & make her look all lovely & supportive.
Maybe that's why he's taking soooooo long to do the panelling?
Nati - slow as you like to open gifts, reply to emails - what does she do all day?
Snort Monster - lazy boy. Not out there putting himself about finding out about castings & getting his little baby hands dirty with any real work.
LAZY LAZY LAZY the lot of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Association Lalande + members

(Just a reminder : if you contact the French tax team they'll be pleased to hear the I+S Jarvis’ vlog : « we set up the Association to avoid the French taxation »)

(Soon Honfleur's association)
Thank you @arthur, you're an absolute Tattle Treasure! I've been longing to read the Articles of Association and, even without being able to translate the entire document .(tech probs which are beyond .me at the moment), I can understand enough to see some meat added to the bones of the scrawny carcass Stephanie has created with her cavalier attitude to responsibilities and ob!igations under which the Association, as a legal entity, should be run.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Bonjour fellow historic chateau appreciators,
First post here (have lurked for some time now) and thank you to people here for amusing me no end! and I'll add some of you have opened eyes to the reality of the CdlL situation. I'm just an Aussie living in the UK, no connection to any of the CdlL-ers, just a lover of history, design and beauty. Grant (whom I also don't know in person) is totally representative of the good natured, helpful, altruistic Aussie battler - and he's one of my favourite on her channel. I can see why he travels to help out, and that he does so to enrich himself by working away in France - so her use of him in that way seems ok to me, unlike some of the others who seem to have no life of their own and are a little lost, which over time it appears they hang-off her personality, which is a little erksome to watch, but then again sometimes people with issues need a place to regiment them and take them out of real-life... maybe that is what we see on S's channel - a place for the aimless to wander and be told what to do??maybe

I started watching in the early days from the ETTCh, which led me to S's insta ( that singles event she held made me truly feel for this unusual/eccentric woman)...back when she filmed phone/portrait style. I especially enjoyed her informative textile and historic logs , she gave a lot in those and I found them great. But... as so many others like me... after a while I started wondering how strange were her relationships and setup with cobuyers, freeworkers and frollicks.

One day (when Mason's strangeness jammed my cognition) I started googling to try finding out who her boyfriends were, which is what found me this site, and I've periodically returned to read all your opinions since then...getting more and more bemused by some of the antics, especially when she took up with the young one. In all honesty I enjoy the joy she spreads, but she seems to cross boundaries often, and when she started the grab-channel gift openings I really started to dislike what I saw in her. As someone who is surrounded by many people on the spectrum I honestly think she has a number of things and isn't she also diabetic/autoimmune issues? For that reason I can't be too harsh on her, save for how she is taking peoples money and possibly(unproven) mis-accounting for it. It certainly explains how she has lived with mess, can't tidy, is constantly in attention deficit, and cannot coordinate things - why I think she relies so heavily on Nuttela, Niq and Potoi especially... that and a mother who holds her to high standard to which she seems constantly fail.

So there it is, be kind to her for the things she can't help, hold her accountable for the mis-accounting, but just also bear in mind, everything you do comes back to you. And in all that stay joyful X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I think Tess likes to dress like she’s in Moulin Rouge or working in an old timey fancy bordello. She carries around that spooky doll because it’s the vessel that contains what’s left of her soul.
Noooo. it's head screws off and she fills it with vodka :m

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Bonjour fellow historic chateau appreciators,
First post here (have lurked for some time now) and thank you to people here for amusing me no end! and I'll add some of you have opened eyes to the reality of the CdlL situation. I'm just an Aussie living in the UK, no connection to any of the CdlL-ers, just a lover of history, design and beauty. Grant (whom I also don't know in person) is totally representative of the good natured, helpful, altruistic Aussie battler - and he's one of my favourite on her channel. I can see why he travels to help out, and that he does so to enrich himself by working away in France - so her use of him in that way seems ok to me, unlike some of the others who seem to have no life of their own and are a little lost, which over time it appears they hang-off her personality, which is a little erksome to watch, but then again sometimes people with issues need a place to regiment them and take them out of real-life... maybe that is what we see on S's channel - a place for the aimless to wander and be told what to do??maybe

I started watching in the early days from the ETTCh, which led me to S's insta ( that singles event she held made me truly feel for this unusual/eccentric woman)...back when she filmed phone/portrait style. I especially enjoyed her informative textile and historic logs , she gave a lot in those and I found them great. But... as so many others like me... after a while I started wondering how strange were her relationships and setup with cobuyers, freeworkers and frollicks.

One day (when Mason's strangeness jammed my cognition) I started googling to try finding out who her boyfriends were, which is what found me this site, and I've periodically returned to read all your opinions since then...getting more and more bemused by some of the antics, especially when she took up with the young one. In all honesty I enjoy the joy she spreads, but she seems to cross boundaries often, and when she started the grab-channel gift openings I really started to dislike what I saw in her. As someone who is surrounded by many people on the spectrum I honestly think she has a number of things and isn't she also diabetic/autoimmune issues? For that reason I can't be too harsh on her, save for how she is taking peoples money and possibly(unproven) mis-accounting for it. It certainly explains how she has lived with mess, can't tidy, is constantly in attention deficit, and cannot coordinate things - why I think she relies so heavily on Nuttela, Niq and Potoi especially... that and a mother who holds her to high standard to which she seems constantly fail.

So there it is, be kind to her for the things she can't help, hold her accountable for the mis-accounting, but just also bear in mind, everything you do comes back to you. And in all that stay joyful X
You're a better person than me is all I can say.
Nah. I'm not letting her off. She knows exactly what she is doing. Her mother holds her to a very low standard if this is all she's achieved in her 45 years, being a bum.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That vase !!! total disgrace ! pure ugliness ..her Aunt Tatty feigning appreciation ..im certain she's paying all of her nearest and dearest a keep quiet payment ..they are all soooo over the top childlike as if being naughty ..aka esp Potts ! ..oh Cameltoe when setting table looks more and more unloved , devalued from narc..and lost ! boyish but not in an attractive way ..he is being used and using in return ..oh in reply to Sj spending on all n sundry except the shitoo ..speaks of new money ...prefer to buy , buy , buy ..cos its new !!! as against invest in actual structure ..laughable ..still entertaining to watch tho ..now I see less of Snorts..ive unsubscribed however ..why did Potts and SJ break up ? seem such great buds tho probs all superficial , transactional lovebombing relationship ..in my view ?

Reactions: 12
Well I’ve been digesting the last few videos, I watched the grab but on super high speed and fast-forwarded a bunch. Given markers like Grants arrival and departure, Aunt and Uncles arrival and surely departure, the age of the plants in the garden, Nutti’s trip to Rome, Michael Potts presence in several videos, and DTMs ghosting, I think we’re seeing a two to three week time line wiggle. I think JasonCanYouSeeMe helped with the distortion correction. They’ve done a pretty good job of controlling the social so as not to out themselves. I wonder if there was a direct order to not reveal a trip to Venice?

As for Fanny, she might have spent a couple hours in that hallway, but I’m having a hard time remembering her accomplishing anything for at least a month. Same for Anne Marie. They were supposedly done for tv, but I guess not really done? He’s had a full year to get that paneling in the Grand Salon going. There won’t be anything for Fanny to do while he’s accomplishing that. Carole from Chateau de la Ferte is hand-building missing moldings, scraping, sanding, painting, and gilding her salon while her husband tears out the floors, replaces beams and restores the parquet flooring. They also grow a garden, mow their own grass, and clean Ivy off walls at the same time they are doing the inside.

So I’m wondering, where the hell are all of them and what have they been doing?
Apparently everything is the Maries fault, ( is that the right term for the Mayor?) office... decisions taking toooooooooo long for planning etc... It's been that long I can't even remember what she applied for.... the lake and the facade and possibly shortage of toilet rolls (so much tit in this place)... The chapel restorer may not even be alive anymore, he was around 300 years old when she last spoke to him... the ladder he was on was younger than him.... who know wtf goes on in that mad house... I can't keep up... I do know you have to be a really good liar with a very good memory to keep up a pretence... I personally would rather stick to the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You're a better person than me is all I can say.
Nah. I'm not letting her off. She knows exactly what she is doing. Her mother holds her to a very low standard if this is all she's achieved in her 45 years, being a bum.
Nah not a better person, but just a little concerned for people on the spectrum - enough to raise it as a question on this forum.
I've seen such ones so badly treated for what are essentially invisible disabilities. It's a very sad indictment on our society that so many people get bullied and 'gossiped about' who are on the spectrum, and in some cases that ill-treatment can build into difficult events, even run-ins with the law. In the accounting example if S is unable to coordinate (neurologically) as I suspect, and fails to get help to do so (also part of the issue with spectrum) then one can easily see how it could coast dangerously close to mismanagement of funds, sexual misconduct..etc. Neither of us are excusing bad behaviour at all, nor should we, which is why I think some of these posts here are very fair.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.