The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the president of our corporation and I’m the only one that’s going to prison if things go South with his cruddy book keeping
I worked at a bank in a prior role for about 10 years. When I was promoted to a “bank officer,” my signature became official. You better believe I read and understood everything I signed at the bank because I’d be the one going to prison if something wasn’t right and my signature was on the document! Fanny…bad things really can happen if you’re caught cooking the books. You can’t bat your eyes and use a “get out of jail free” card!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
What will they think? That you served them, your fanciest guests, a cheap and chintzy lunch.
Here's what they serve at the exemplary nearby restaurant, Le Relais du Facteur, this time of year, their €13 and €17 menus. Please note, Fanny, even really inexpensive menus this time of year feature meat.

You could have made a Truite Meuniere au buckwheat -- freshwater fish a local specialty, as the Nadaillacs will know. A little fricasee of asparagus and courgettes with savory. Or squab, witches, with petits pois, but that would require you to go grocery shopping. That is what one hospitable local restauranteur serves this time of year on their cheap menu. But you had what, 8 oz. of prosciutto to share with -- 10 people for lunch?

Also in season local fresh chevre, tomme of Savoie, raspberries, beets, peach, melons, cherries, and apricots.

Perhaps I have misunderstood.
I was taught that egg yolks emulsified with oil is mayonnaise. That's the chemical compound which results from that process. No matter what else you put into it. You don't put mayonnaise in it, you make the mayonnaise by emulsifying the egg yolks with the oil. As your recipe stipulates.
I think we're going to agree to disagree.
Well, if you use egg yolks emulsified with olive oil, yes, then you get mayonnaise, but in this recipe you don't use egg yolks for the sauce, but 2 (or 3, it depends) hardboiled eggs, plus the rest and then in the mixer. That's not mayonnaise.

I remember our first colour tv being delivered and set up. The first programme we watched was Planet of the Apes (tv series not movie) So It must have been 1974 or 75. I think I was the last one of my school friends to get a colour tv. Still no remotes though! It was my job to get up and down to change the channel, or change volume, because I was the youngest. My favourite show to watch was the Donny and Marie Osmond show on Saturday nights. Regularly watched with my best friend Debbie, holding hairbrushes, singing and dancing along. Oh the simple times!
View attachment 1348613View attachment 1348592
OMG, I remember watching Planet of the Apes. I found it scary, so I was not allowed to watch it as I had nightmares. I also thought Donny and I had it made as my favourite colour is purple, sad times.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I finally watched some Ch 4 DIY shows. My goodness those people work hard a gutted suite in five months while it takes Fanny 16 years. More & more it looks like she did not truly care about any type of real Reno. She had money to rent Apartments in Venice, It just seems now that she’s getting paid to do it it’s convenient. I think they’ll be a time where she stops even the B&B because she won’t need to because she’s already getting enough money to pay the bills at the place. And it was mentioned here yesterday or the day before that she needs to show some work or results soon because people are getting frustrated and Bam today’s patron shows that there’s progress on the lake thank you for posting. I suspect that the next patron Vlog will also report on another project that needs doing it has some type of result.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't think the Petherick snr's were hard up though. Michael got private lessons in music as well as the necessary instruments, art and design etc. Sadie had a horse (who knows, maybe more than one) and was transported around the country to shows and gymkanas. Don't know what Billy's thing was but can't believe he was left out. Billy actually has good taste when he is antique shopping, no tat. Grandma and Grandpa have a nice house which is their own full of antiques etc. So I don't think they were poor.
I remember Michael saying once that his family lived in a trailer park for some time and that he once had to sell his precious teapot (or something similar) in order to afford some equipment for his disabled brother. Does anyone else remember these stories, or did I dream them? Perhaps they just had temporary money issues, but because of those stories, I've always had the impression that Michael grew up slightly poor and that his family essentially won the lottery when Gwen let them all move in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
There's a YTuber called ZOT, he covered the Freedom rallies in Ottawa this winter... anyways, he is in Europe, and visited Northern Ireland... it looked so bleak, I couldn't believe it looked like that.
Belfast is bleak, Londonderry is worse. However, away from the cities, the countryside is stunning. If you've ever seen Game of Thrones, most of "the North", much of the Dothraki homelands and North of the Wall were filmed in NI, so you can see by that how beautiful it is... when it actually stops raining.

50795371168_ed532ecebd_b.jpg
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
FB_IMG_1622536279234.jpg
FB_IMG_1622536103743.jpg
image-asset~3.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I suppose the Nadaillac visit once a year to celebrate the luck they got in finding the idiot who bought their heap of rotting stones and therefore getting rid of that crumbling dump of a moneypit.
And maybe I'm very mean, but I can't stand her when she eats something and makes all those faces and verses and covers her mouth like a little baby, like for the goosberry. I mean, it's just a goosberry, come on!
Ah, I eventually got what you meant before about the hard bread things. They are taralli! Can't eat them because they are very hard, but nice, especially the ones with onions or chili powder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I suppose the Nadaillac visit once a year to celebrate the luck they got in finding the idiot who bought their heap of rotting stones and therefore getting rid of that crumbling dump of a moneypit.
And maybe I'm very mean, but I can't stand her when she eats something and makes all those faces and verses and covers her mouth like a little baby, like for the goosberry. I mean, it's just a goosberry, come on!
Ah, I eventually got what you meant before about the hard bread things. They are taralli! Can't eat them because they are very hard, but nice, especially the ones with onions or chili powder.
The covering the mouth thing while eating drives me nuts. Most people have seen people eat and it’s not like there’s something grotesque happening in the mouth area. Unless you’re pretending to be from the eighteenth century there’s absolutely no reason for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
It's been 40°+C all week here, but at least we're all equipped with AC, patio misters, and pools.
I hope the folks in France can find some respite. Back in the day, during heat waves when I had no AC I would keep spare bed sheets in the fridge and spend as much time in larger grocery stores and shops to take advantage of their AC.
I go to cinemas to get cool after filling up with snacks from the supermarket and driving home with the AC on full before trying to sleep with all the windows open to catch the tiniest bit of seabreeze. But, right now, I am dressed in layers and ugg boots and hovering over the gas fire. 8C with high forecast 13C. Want to swap?

Thank you for clearing that up....
I thought everyone (as in world wide) knew what the “Man Flu” is.
It’s a cold!
😬
Gah!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Otherwise known as an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, URTI on the medical certificate as required for people who "work".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
How rotten is it that just as our eyesight starts to be less than perfect, we start sprouting neck hair?!?!
The rule in our house is, if you see it, tell me!!! I will be more upset if you don’t point out some thing I have missed and you let me go out into public like that. 😂😂😂
One of my ex colleagues has booked me for facial hair duty should she EVER be lying in hospital in a coma..........

the covering of the mouth by women whilst eating is the height of good manners in Japan where I lived for quite some time. It stems from Edo period I think, when women of class blackened their teeth and they didn't want to show them, but in more recent times it was a way of hiding emotion, like laughing. They cover their mouths when eating too. Ironically, the blackening of the teeth protected the teeth from rotting, whereas the Samurai preferred white teeth and scrapped at them to keep them white, ruining the enamel and encouraging rot.
Oh and men don't cover their mouths whilst eating - they don't even attempt to keep their mouths closed whilst eating...............

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks for the thread name honor sorry I was away with family matters... Clearing hallways so they are no longer fire hazards appears to be the latest distraction from the books... Saw a thumbnail with Dana looking manly as ever and mentioning goats... Threatening Dan with the goat herder for going home to recover from the pansy flu... Annalise is a Saint... I wouldn't cross the street to piss on a cheating sack of tit if he were on fire.... Used the wifi without switching on the VPN oops... But Google with it's all seeing eye recommended a video from meet marry murder... In Scotland a Harry Jarvis married a woman for her cash ended up being paid to be her care giver... Had an affair with another woman who inherited millions... Had her living in the garden shed on a mattress... Killed his wife and stuffed her under the floorboards with a bunch of trash... If anyone has done a family tree on Skankanee maybe he's a relative... I'll share it if anyone thinks it's possible he's related... Apparently Jarvis is a Normandy sur name for English people... Means spear thrower... I couldn't get any idea of how common the last name Jarvis is...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
For all the tartlets complaining about peach fuzz or stray hairs “for a friend”, look into dermaplaning. You can have it done or do it yourself. It is amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
For all the tartlets complaining about peach fuzz or stray hairs “for a friend”, look into dermaplaning. You can have it done or do it yourself. It is amazing.
Being Native I have no hair on my arms... But a little bit of peach fuzz on the sides of my face near the hair line... Since dermaplaining makeup goes on smoother there... No hair and it exfoliation all in one...

Being Native I have no hair on my arms... But a little bit of peach fuzz on the sides of my face near the hair line... Since dermaplaining makeup goes on smoother there... No hair and it exfoliation all in one...
Side note when I Googled tattlelife CD was the highest ranking thread... With you guys other favorite narc Megan and Harry 2nd...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hopefully it will be out tomorrow. ❤
How is the reno going Jules ?
We have finished but my hubby is painting the walls.... not much of it as the tiles go right up to the ceiling .... thank goodness as he is like Selmar - slow!
Still , he does have bad knees .:(

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.