The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of Marquis and man flu:

Poor newlywed Mrs. Potpourri is now actually forced to take care of Mr. Potpourri, should he fell ill.
It is written in the old world wedding contract, page 53, paragraph §8A:

„And if foul illness befalls the man of the house and the land, hisn wife shallt not hesitate nor fret, and care and pamper to his needs. She shallt stand next to him, by day, by night and give him sexy spanking if the man asks for it.“

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I also believe Stephanie was in Venice longer than 2 days. I think it’s a little worse and more wasteful for just a quick trip.

Probably just a coincidence the family of the Marquis came to visit whilst work was going on in the Marquis’ apartment. Stephanie said the family visits yearly.

Also, today’s episode was a little better than the crap she’s been serving us lately. Still a bunch of nothing and hiding the real goings on, but at least it wasn’t 100% forest garden rehashing.

Was Stephanie trying to be like Dana with her little cooking segment?
Nick the tree surgeon is the only one getting anything done. I quite liked his outfit today. The Jack Daniels T-shirt cut into a wife beater with the distressed pants, boots and leather belt is a look I would rock. I’m not kidding. That hallway is disgusting. Todays clean out should have been a precursor to repainting the walls and deep cleaning the floors. The yellow mirror is disgusting.

I guess Fanny is signaling for murano flowers to be sent to grabeaux from all over the world for her vase flower collection.

I have to give credit to PhiPhi for his skepticism on the soap. I too have forgotten French soap in a cupboard myself. While it will make a lather it smells atrocious. He fought hard to bin it. He tried.

I think she is throwing everything away before her mother gets there because her mother won’t let her throw anything away.

Everyone note the appearance of the pink and white dress. I guess we will probably be seeing it for the next seven videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
  • Snorty says, ‘I’m a happy man’. I say, that’s debatable son!
  • When I’m a 47 year old, I want a companion who has had some life experience, and who is cultured and knowledgeable and you can carry on an interesting, in depth conversation with – not a juvenile companion who: .
    • Can’t remember the name of his favourite Venetian restaurant
    • Doesn't know the name of his favourite wine
    • Eats the same spaghetti meal every time (that's what little boy's do)
    • Races the luggage trolley in the airport like a 10 year child with ADHD and ants in his pants
    • Is a kept playmate who isn’t in a position to pay for his own meal, let alone my meal
  • What the heck was Fanny doing with that napkin and her bosom?
  • "We should be making each part of the world we are part of beautiful for future generations"!!! WTF is Fanny smoking, because that sure isn't her mantra when it comes to Lie Lande???
  • There may be fruit on her father’s walnut trees, but it's not the first time Fanny’s had fruit(s) while at Lie Lande.
  • They need a smaller lake – so it’s a pond!!!
  • £42.00 for an ugly, yellow loo brush???? I wonder what antiques and jewelry they actually purchased this trip and have squirreled away???
Only an antique palazzo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I counted 9 ‘paarfects’ in tonight’s flog, it makes me cringe everytime she pronounces it.
It’s like nails down a blackboard!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Are you writing from prison? 😂
Yes. The name of the prison is Northern Ireland.

We live next door to and share a wall with, a castle. Our home is the castle's converted stable block, barn, coach house and part of old servants quarters. Razor wire on top of walls is extremely and very sadly, all to common in Northern Ireland after decades of violent terrorism. As I'm not from Northern Ireland, but rather from an idyllic tropical island in the South Pacific, razor wire and other security measures, including cctv on every building, came as a rude shock to one not well versed on such necessary safety measures. We've trained climbing plants over most of the ugly razor wire, except one corner which needed something taller, hence the bamboo.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
We only had 2 channels in NZ in 1978 - the additional 3rd channel was v. exciting. I think my family had the last black and white tv in the world- we only got a colour one because the Tisco man (TV repair) refused to fix it in the end. I remember being mind blown that Grover was blue and Oscar the Grouch was green.
I remember our first colour tv being delivered and set up. The first programme we watched was Planet of the Apes (tv series not movie) So It must have been 1974 or 75. I think I was the last one of my school friends to get a colour tv. Still no remotes though! It was my job to get up and down to change the channel, or change volume, because I was the youngest. My favourite show to watch was the Donny and Marie Osmond show on Saturday nights. Regularly watched with my best friend Debbie, holding hairbrushes, singing and dancing along. Oh the simple times!
1655416388496.png
1655415895756.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Personally, I think @Jules100 is a total witch for not leaking her humidity control haircare routine for Phyllis's sake. Someone needs to do an intervention. Annalise must be rotten to the core to let him wander around like that with frizzy hair and boot polish pressed into the scalp.
Jules, you made it. Only a couple of videos and you already got some hate on tattle 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
MP is overdoing something... my son & I have differing opinions... Sad thing is it's someone elses pension he's spending to indulge.
With no thought towards his own eventual pension. He's got no job, hence no superannuation, no prospects and no savings. He probably won't have lived long enough in France to be eligible for a state pension when the time comes, and if he is somehow eligible, it'll be a pittance he receives. He's not eligible for unemployment benefits either. Does Gwen have plans to support him in his old age too?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Tattlers who are more knowledgeable than me about psychology please weigh-in. Sometimes I wonder if Michael has “Golden Child Syndrome?” Simply put, he was excessively praised and put on a pedestal as a child. Was told he was the best at anything he did… “the most creative, the most talented, the most musical, the most artistic, etc.” The parent has good intentions to build up the child’s confidence and self esteem, but, inevitably, he grows up and realizes he’s not actually the best. Expectations don’t match reality…it’s an eye opener for the golden child and can sometimes lead to mental breakdown.
Sorry, but I can't see PILF praising Michael, too much or at all. Neither Sherrie. I feel it was more of a problem that his Dad does work so hard and seems to like working and probably never let him try anything or even finish on his own. I know a lot of fathers like that: successfull and sure hard working, but won't let anybody else shine. As much as it is to admire that he is so fit at his age he should definitely step back.

Reactions: 8
Darling The Simple Life, I would hate to cause drama (hehe) but THE Grande Dame of Italian food cookery, herself, Anna Del Conte, insists upon the butter and milk for her ragu, straight from Bologna. I have blasphemed all my life with this recipe and I will not repent.

Ingredients
60g/2oz butter
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
60g/2oz unsmoked pancetta, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
400g/14oz lean chuck or braising beef, coarsely minced
2tbsp concentrated tomato paste
150ml/5fl oz red wine, such as a Sangiovese or a Barbera
2 pinches of grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper
150ml/5fl oz meat stock
150ml/5fl oz full fat milk

You know I'm living for this ragu face-off! Wooden spoons drawn!

How does one go about joining, I have the transaction receipts and the postcard? I have a few words for our Stephanie Jarvis and co.
We are being super careful because her sneaky ass has tried to send people in before. There will be a point where I will post the email address which you can use so you can all join in. Promise. Just save both things.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When Snorts said the pine nuts would kill me, I was shouting please pop some in his sauce while he's not looking 😊
Does he have a nut allergy? I've forgotten since he seems to be allergic to everything, yet still eats it anyway.
I ask about the nut allergy because pine nuts are not nuts. They are seeds and many people who are allergic to nuts eat pine nuts just fine (and vice versa).
The big dummy probably isn't allergic to anything at all....he just likes to be a pain the ass and thinks it makes him "special" and "interesting".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Maybe they just tipped the driver of the Taxi to let them on so they could pretend. Then got off an hitch hiked to the airport!
Oh no, she had booked the bus to the airport, but then got an upgrade for the watertaxi!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Does he have a nut allergy? I've forgotten since he seems to be allergic to everything, yet still eats it anyway.
I ask about the nut allergy because pine nuts are not nuts. They are seeds and many people who are allergic to nuts eat pine nuts just fine (and vice versa).
The big dummy probably isn't allergic to anything at all....he just likes to be a pain the ass and thinks it makes him "special" and "interesting".
He is allergic to food at the chateau only. So he can avoid cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yes so do I. They live in Southbourne just along from Emsworth not Bournemouth. But you can cut down to the shore from there and walk right along but yes Bosham is my favourite. I def couldn’t afford to live there😢

Menopausal neck hair😳. I need to go and find a magnifying mirror now.
phew I’m safe neck hair wise. Hers is really long isn’t it.
How rotten is it that just as our eyesight starts to be less than perfect, we start sprouting neck hair?!?!
The rule in our house is, if you see it, tell me!!! I will be more upset if you don’t point out some thing I have missed and you let me go out into public like that. 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.