The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This weeks CD
  • Synopsis - 1 courgette, 1 flower, 1 unripened raspberry, lots of weeds, another hall of junk & piles of dirt - that's so Lie Lande
  • Decluttering - Fanny is so proud, but I'd be too embarrassed to show that mess, especially while wearing high heels. It should all be tossed.
    • Junky hallway full of broken down, 20 year old crap
    • Nasty kitchen sink
    • Filthy floor
  • 20 year old Soap- Snorty say’s don’t bin it, but what are you going to use it for?
    • Says the man standing in front of a stupid squirrel dish.
    • It’s either one or the other - use it or bin it (it should have been binned)
    • Fanny puts the stenchy soap in a place where she doesn’t have to smell it because she never goes there – the laundry room
  • Snorty - I’m very much against waste. WTF??? Snorty, please just leave.
  • € 42 Loo brush - the first of many hidden Venice purchases which will miraculously reveal themselves
  • Lunch - A can of tuna on a bed of leaves with some tinned olives, a smoked salmon quiche and a store-bought cake – how uninspiring!! They're not coming back for lunch

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I remember Michael saying once that his family lived in a trailer park for some time and that he once had to sell his precious teapot (or something similar) in order to afford some equipment for his disabled brother. Does anyone else remember these stories, or did I dream them? Perhaps they just had temporary money issues, but because of those stories, I've always had the impression that Michael grew up slightly poor and that his family essentially won the lottery when Gwen let them all move in.
He sold the teapot to buy a phone for his brother. I think his brother has learning disabilities as opposed to physical challenges.

Reactions: 15
Thank you for clearing that up....
I thought everyone (as in world wide) knew what the “Man Flu” is.
It’s a cold!
😬
Gah!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Otherwise known as an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, URTI on the medical certificate as required for people who "work".

Reactions: 6
OMG
I go to cinemas to get cool after filling up with snacks from the supermarket and driving home with the AC on full before trying to sleep with all the windows open to catch the tiniest bit of seabreeze. But, right now, I am dressed in layers and ugg boots and hovering over the gas fire. 8C with high forecast 13C. Want to swap?
Its been a very cold winter don't you think so far?
Now they are talking about the power going off !!!
Still, with my knowledge of "How to Feel and Get Warm in a French Farm House in Winter" I am getting out the hot water bottles and lots or rugs to drape over me , hubby and our dog Yum Yum ! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The giant forgotten bar of 20 year old, unused Marseille soap smells like:
  • the bad part of Snorty’s grandparents attic ❤
  • an old French house 😲
  • Fanny’s filthy back passage 🤢
  • All of the above(y)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
This weeks CD
  • Synopsis - 1 courgette, 1 flower, 1 unripened raspberry, lots of weeds, another hall of junk & piles of dirt - that's so Lie Lande
  • Decluttering - Fanny is so proud, but I'd be too embarrassed to show that mess, especially while wearing high heels. It should all be tossed.
    • Junky hallway full of broken down, 20 year old crap
    • Nasty kitchen sink
    • Filthy floor
  • 20 year old Soap- Snorty say’s don’t bin it, but what are you going to use it for?
    • Says the man standing in front of a stupid squirrel dish.
    • It’s either one or the other - use it or bin it (it should have been binned)
    • Fanny puts the stenchy soap in a place where she doesn’t have to smell it because she never goes there – the laundry room
  • Snorty - I’m very much against waste. WTF??? Snorty, please just leave.
  • € 42 Loo brush - the first of many hidden Venice purchases which will miraculously reveal themselves
  • Lunch - A can of tuna on a bed of leaves with some tinned olives, a smoked salmon quiche and a store-bought cake – how uninspiring!! They're not coming back for lunch
Omg, so many weeds. That’s what I’m talking about! Just the normal beds in the walled garden have weeds, a lot of weeds. There is no way the more intricate forest garden will work long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
With all the summer heat at Lalande, why do those walls in the hallway still look damp?! Wasn't that only supposed to happen in the winter? 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Otherwise known as an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, URTI on the medical certificate as required for people who "work".
Man Flu requires a lift in the Ambulance to the regular doctor, lots of favourite foods and drink which partner must have in the ready .
A Priests phone number for he will surely die with this old cold- oh sorry -- Man Flu!!
Panadol on call - have little bell for him to ring when he needs pain relief ( its worse than ordinary old period pain girls ! )
Man Flu MUST be taken Seriously !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
How is the reno going Jules ?
We have finished but my hubby is painting the walls.... not much of it as the tiles go right up to the ceiling .... thank goodness as he is like Selmar - slow!
Still , he does have bad knees .:(
I’m glad yours is about done? How do you like it?

Mine has started. Demolition complete, looks like a bomb went off. My laundry room is gone and I’m stuck going to laundromats for the next few months or so. That’s new for me, I’ve never used one before. Hopefully, everything keeps going like it’s supposed to. I like things to be normal and organized. I can’t wait for it to be finished.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Omg, so many weeds. That’s what I’m talking about! Just the normal beds in the walled garden have weeds, a lot of weeds. There is no way the more intricate forest garden will work long term.
Exactly - where are the 3 gardeners and Dan? Who's watering the Jardain Anglais while Amuary is away?
This is why Fanny can't have pretty things - she doesn't understand the work involved and isn't interested in doing the work herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I remember Michael saying once that his family lived in a trailer park for some time and that he once had to sell his precious teapot (or something similar) in order to afford some equipment for his disabled brother. Does anyone else remember these stories, or did I dream them? Perhaps they just had temporary money issues, but because of those stories, I've always had the impression that Michael grew up slightly poor and that his family essentially won the lottery when Gwen let them all move in.
Do they still have a disabled brother? Is that who's moving into the downstairs apartment?

Mine has started. Demolition complete, looks like a bomb went off. My laundry room is gone and I’m stuck going to laundromats for the next few months or so. That’s new for me, I’ve never used one before. Hopefully, everything keeps going like it’s supposed to. I like things to be normal and organized. I can’t wait for it to be finished.
We just started our laundry room :) Laundromats are great, you can do all your loads at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I am very happy with the results and I hope you will be too when yours is finished :)

Laundromats...... some strange people go there.... not YOU of course !!!! :oops:;):ROFLMAO:

Hey.....ask Fanny for some of her "aged like wine" soap - that will keep you clean ! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Tattlers who are more knowledgeable than me about psychology please weigh-in. Sometimes I wonder if Michael has “Golden Child Syndrome?” Simply put, he was excessively praised and put on a pedestal as a child. Was told he was the best at anything he did… “the most creative, the most talented, the most musical, the most artistic, etc.” The parent has good intentions to build up the child’s confidence and self esteem, but, inevitably, he grows up and realizes he’s not actually the best. Expectations don’t match reality…it’s an eye opener for the golden child and can sometimes lead to mental breakdown.
I agree, and that made me remember one of MP’s vlogs about struggling with the videos as he didn’t appear like he imagined he did- not quoting- just from memory- but hoping you or someone here remembers that vlog. It was one of those where he ended up in tears- like a poor pitiful me thing. That’s it the “expectations don’t match reality“.

Reactions: 7
“*midweek” flashes up on the Patreon vlog at 5:10 …???

An example of Fanny’s (or PhiPhi’s) editing skills.
A reference to the actual timeline of events 🤔

(Agent Tat Life signing off duty and resuming lurking 👀 relentless insomnia).

909E01E3-B398-4FD1-BB32-76BCBFB5F900.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I am very happy with the results and I hope you will be too when yours is finished :)

Laundromats...... some strange people go there.... not YOU of course !!!! :oops:;):ROFLMAO:

Hey.....ask Fanny for some of her "aged like wine" soap - that will keep you clean ! :love:

@Jules100 These are the types of people that hang out in Laundromats…be aware! 😆

CA81D452-6B09-45F5-BB23-82EB5E2635F6.jpeg

74E94F84-D899-4F2A-B48A-B7A1EC6405C6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
the covering of the mouth by women whilst eating is the height of good manners in Japan where I lived for quite some time. It stems from Edo period I think, when women of class blackened their teeth and they didn't want to show them, but in more recent times it was a way of hiding emotion, like laughing. They cover their mouths when eating too. Ironically, the blackening of the teeth protected the teeth from rotting, whereas the Samurai preferred white teeth and scrapped at them to keep them white, ruining the enamel and encouraging rot.
Oh and men don't cover their mouths whilst eating - they don't even attempt to keep their mouths closed whilst eating...............
I lived outside of Tokyo for a few years (Tachikawa to be exact), and yes, some people (women) still do cover their mouths while eating or even speaking. But the difference is that in Japan, it is considered impolite (like BJJ and his gelato cone) to eat while walking. As well as drinking. Even from a water bottle. LMAO, I won't get into the slurping of noodles, though, that is actually a complement to the chef (and drove me mad! Not my jam!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
“*midweek” flashes up on the Patreon vlog at 5:10 …???

An example of Fanny’s (or PhiPhi’s) editing skills.
A reference to the actual timeline of events 🤔

(Agent Tat Life signing off duty and resuming lurking 👀 relentless insomnia).

View attachment 1348940
In the vlog she incorrectly said "weekend" so she corrected herself by adding the footnote text.

Reactions: 12
I won't get into the slurping of noodles, though, that is actually a complement to the chef (and drove me mad! Not my jam!)
Same in Hong Kong and then they would pick their teeth at the table .... I could not get over that .

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.