The Chateau Diaries #15 Grifters of a feather flock together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe we all still like watching CD even if not agreeing with every single minute of a video.
No, I stopped watching CD long ago. Can't stand the sight of SJ and all the self-satisfied "people" in the cast. Still looking for genuine chatelains who aren't in it for the money - almost impossible to find. I started watching CD because I'm looking for a château myself and I though it would be interesting to see her renovating the château, but everything changed when the viewing figures went up and she started grabbing on Patreon. I do sometimes find genuine chatelains but I always find myself thinking: when are they going to start asking for money? It invariably always happens and then I just stop watching.

Reactions: 14
I used to really appreciate the non-judgemental attitude shown here. I am not good with words, or chatty, or witty, but when I joined tattle a few months ago, under my previous name, I was so grateful to find such a genuine willingness to accept my posts, spelling mistakes bad grammar and all, without feeling that anyone was going to come down on me like a ton of bricks if I happened to put a foot wrong. It was such a refreshing change from the attitudes that I found on the FB fan pages and in the YT comments.
What a difference since I came back. Every new posting seems to be viewed with suspicion and is questioned. Has something happened that I have missed that now makes newcomers unwelcome here? I thought that if we did not like something then we just passed it by.

To answer questions raised in the previous thread:

@Jeeves: yes,it is possible to change names without leaving completely, but the mods have numerous requests for this and I decided it would be quicker to start over. Also, someone else came on here with a name very very similar to mine, and then something happened which made me want to put distance between myself and my previous posts as I may have said too much.

@Princess and the Pea : After all we went through together VT, I thought you might have missed me and would recognise me when I came back.;)

So it's hard being a 'new member', I miss the good old days....
66? perhaps??

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I want to add it's also not fun to be almost killed if you post something "nice" once in a while. I believe we all still like watching CD even if not agreeing with every single minute of a video.
[
7CCCFC45-C37D-4DB2-9611-D604D683B8B0.jpeg

66? perhaps??
Sol ??

The sheer volume of posts is right... threads are filling up so quickly. There are some incredibly prolific posters now. Some up to average of 20 to 30 a day while the norm is more like 3 to 8.... I guess some folk just do have a lot to say and need to comment on lots of comments... maybe that level of activity has sent a lot of the older posters off to the side. @MojoDublin the recovery vehicles returned empty...
Agent @FrannyBee is now in HQ
😎

I don't suppose anyone is willing to do a recap? These threads move way too fast for me so I've just been reading one in every ten pages or so and getting more and more confused. Most of the pages I drop on seem to be about grammar and spelling, SJ's tax liability, people coming back here with a new name and me trying to guess who they used to be and Marie needing to grow a pair. Anything else I should know?
Marie Cooking.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So happy to find this ! I watched SJ from the start but stopped when then gifting and blatant lies and hinting started . I posted on a FB chateaux site about DS and AS and other vlogs that I found her extremely distasteful many months ago and was shot down by super fans . She’s lead a privileged life in the sun, if the clouds come she moves on .
All her life she’s had things land in her lap or come from her father then a succession of men. She’s never succeeded in a proper job, or relationship and is the ultimate grifter ( Markle pushes her close)
Travelling like that in a pandemic was nuts ! But she must be frothing at the bit for her 5 star weekend / holidays away and Michelin restaurants and presents she must buy when away . What was her excuse for the painting in Honfleur ? A tenuous link to her dead father .. do us a favour

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Latest gift opening video

not much to say other than they purposely keep the chateau cold / at 11 degrees as it’s better for the building..

A super fan sent in a calendar showing photos from lala land. I don’t think this was the one bg did. That gave the opportunity to play a game of which month is your birthday let’s see what photo you have.

Ps nuttis bday is February so if anyone want to express post some gifts and cards... though that would probably only be opened in July... July 2022

someone who sent a gift mentioned something around hopefully mummy and Percy can be reunited soon... says it all..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Hi
I'm French and has discovered TL recently
> For MP (linkedIn) he describes himself as 'artist living in France' ( for -previous thread- MichelAngelo)
> labor in France : worker must have around 10e per hour -at low- and must be declared at Urssaf. If not it is considered as hidden.
> It seems to me that workaway people can work ( but perhaps under conditions);
> Chateau de Lalande (zip 36140) registred in Insee 30 04 2014 as individual entrepreneur (1 person running the business) for short-stay accomodation-hosting
business information

NB i'm neither a spy from Lala land or Trotters tribe or .....
Can get more info if requested !!
Sorry for my bad English : I promise I'll do better

• Heart
Reactions: 27
"How to stay positive in dark times"

I get it, I do. But...

Marie, if you read this, figure out some ideas for your content yourself, put it out there, and take it form there. People will let you know what ideas work and those that won’t. Start with something, jazz it up a bit. Find other styles of floral arrangements, or even take on another hobby or activity, and add it to the mix. Don’t be part of the classic spin off bunch who after amassing a number of subscribers ask for content because they have no idea what to do. People do not 'follow' people who do not have a vision of their own, (which evolves with time, of course). Use Lalande exposure as a springboard, avoid the leechy behaviour. If you have no creativity, why are you asking people to join and financially support your endeavours for? All the while not even knowing what those endeavours are…

Let that positivity propel you forward instead of simply pacifying a depressive episode. You know how that cycle repeats.

Be the smart spin off. Give us something good to talk about, it is getting boring 😁
Well said! Forget the effing YT for now. You don't have that kind of personality or presence. You come across as awkward and that's uncomfortable for the viewers.
I agree. There are tons of YouTubers for her to 'borrow' ideas from. I know someone mentioned Nicki Positano on here & I find her very restful but only watch occasionally as in lockdown most people are struggling for content. But she needs to diversify, show how she can do cooking, or do some proper fancy floristry like some wedding bouquets or floral head dresses. Or explore how flowers can be used in cookery - join up with Dan or something, anything to give her more content. She has 13.7k followers for crying out loud use them - she needs more funky ones & some with some edge.
Unlike trained Steph, Marie doesn't come across well in videos. She would do well with watching YT videos about how to stand, make meaningful eye contact with your audience, correct bad speaking habits - she talks too slowly. Show more energy! There's so much competition for viewers, you need to be on your game. And if possible, get the teeth fixed. They are rather distracting and we don't live in olden times anymore, so no excuse. Maybe Steph can make contact with an orthodontist to cut some kind of deal for her. I'm disappointed that she has been suckered into being desperate enough to grab onto new age motivational speakers. If you are in tune with yourself, and goodness knows that Marie should be by now with all her goodess workshops under her belt, then you KNOW what to do! It's not rocket science. Put the thousandth self-help book down. Brush up your resume. Get a good, well-fitting bra. Put together an interview outfit, but DO NOT allow Steph or Phil to advise you! Practice a presentation where you sell your best working assets (no jokes, please!). Film it. Send it to the appropriate people at places you want to work. Stop this fairy tale nonsense now! You are in no position to be running a business. Stop listening to charlatans that just want you to feel good about them. You will either grow old or die. So, plan on getting old and get going with the money or you will be sorry for wasting so many years dawdling!

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I wasn't being critical of you. I had looked on an earlier occasion as I was considering changing my name for a similar reason to you. I entirely understand that. I think it's fair to say that we do build up trust with some people more than others, as I suspect you did too. I think lots of us here remember those who banded together during the saga of Je Suis Valerie.
Me particularly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks to @MojoDublin and everyone else who makes me laugh every day! I know things can get a little snippy at times but generally, as DB would say, we're all here for the craic! It's hard to keep a sense of humour in these awful times and I am grateful for the light relief I find here, that keeps me sane, whilst working from home.
I have struggled at times, as have all of us. My mum will be 90 this week and I can't be with her in person, our son was married in November, in the middle of lockdown. Our lovely daughter-in-law's parents couldn't travel from Glasgow, neither could their best man and bridesmaid, so just our very immediate family and no reception and most of all, missing our 2 children and their partners, as well as out three beautiful grand-daughters. Thank you Tattlers.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
not much to say other than they purposely keep the chateau cold / at 11 degrees as it’s better for the building.
It was never meant to be lived in during winters, that's why the inadequate heating system, just to keep the temperature above freezing point. Summers in France, winters in South Africa remember ;) The Fleuries heat their listed house and have original wooden antique paneling and floors. Her excuses never stop...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry to disappoint you, no. Much more boring....but I was awarded a cup for my sleuthing which I am very proud of 😊
Not disappointed at all. Glad you are back. I went for a while & got sucked back in. I think in the scheme of much bigger scandals than what happened earlier with regard to mass meetings at Chateau has been dwarfed by wallpapergate & yellow dresses.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks to @MojoDublin and everyone else who makes me laugh every day! I know things can get a little snippy at times but generally, as DB would say, we're all here for the craic! It's hard to keep a sense of humour in these awful times and I am grateful for the light relief I find here, that keeps me sane, whilst working from home.
I have struggled at times, as have all of us. My mum will be 90 this week and I can't be with her in person, our son was married in November, in the middle of lockdown. Our lovely daughter-in-law's parents couldn't travel from Glasgow, neither could their best man and bridesmaid, so just our very immediate family and no reception and most of all, missing our 2 children and their partners, as well as out three beautiful grand-daughters. Thank you Tattlers.
🎂 - virtual birthday 🎉 cake for your mom
90 is an amazing age
So tell her from me
Go on ya fine thing !!! Xoxo
CD9B3E0E-39C0-42F3-9044-B9F9C900C416.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I want to add it's also not fun to be almost killed if you post something "nice" once in a while. I believe we all still like watching CD even if not agreeing with every single minute of a video.

I wouldn’t say I like it. In fact the opposite it grinds on me more and more. I think once one has seen enough of someone’s dirty ways it’s inevitable 💡

I am still hopeful / deluded that sj would change her ways. She can certainly put out great content make a good living from it without exploring people or being over the top enthusiastic / insincere

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry to disappoint you, no. Much more boring....but I was awarded a cup for my sleuthing which I am very proud of 😊
🍸🍸🍸🍸
Didn’t reconsider you without your clothes avatar on 🧜🏻‍♂️
This is my new trick 🥂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The girl is aiming high. Some may recall Marie’s goal of 5000 to buy a car. Well she has decided she now need 10k

Please pop over to her YouTube and buy her a coffee / give her a fiver.
1ABEFDB3-F109-4336-AE2E-174ABDD3393D.png

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.