The Chateau Diaries #15 Grifters of a feather flock together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she got hair extensions in? It looked sort of bushy....in parts...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So it's hard being a 'new member', I miss the good old days....
I totally get the feeling. It's a bit hard not to be suspicious with all the shat-o people joining as well, but I personally welcome everyone, the more the merrier, and very much needed to spread the word and end this grifting!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I used to really appreciate the non-judgemental attitude shown here. I am not good with words, or chatty, or witty, but when I joined tattle a few months ago, under my previous name, I was so grateful to find such a genuine willingness to accept my posts, spelling mistakes bad grammar and all, without feeling that anyone was going to come down on me like a ton of bricks if I happened to put a foot wrong. It was such a refreshing change from the attitudes that I found on the FB fan pages and in the YT comments.
What a difference since I came back. Every new posting seems to be viewed with suspicion and is questioned. Has something happened that I have missed that now makes newcomers unwelcome here? I thought that if we did not like something then we just passed it by.

To answer questions raised in the previous thread:

@Jeeves: yes,it is possible to change names without leaving completely, but the mods have numerous requests for this and I decided it would be quicker to start over. Also, someone else came on here with a name very very similar to mine, and then something happened which made me want to put distance between myself and my previous posts as I may have said too much.

@Princess and the Pea : After all we went through together VT, I thought you might have missed me and would recognise me when I came back.;)

@Tierney please don't take it personally, we have had newcomers posting who are either chateau inmates, family or deluded fans trying to derail the threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Jeeves: yes,it is possible to change names without leaving completely, but the mods have numerous requests for this and I decided it would be quicker to start over. Also, someone else came on here with a name very very similar to mine, and then something happened which made me want to put distance between myself and my previous posts as I may have said too much.
I wasn't being critical of you. I had looked on an earlier occasion as I was considering changing my name for a similar reason to you. I entirely understand that. I think it's fair to say that we do build up trust with some people more than others, as I suspect you did too. I think lots of us here remember those who banded together during the saga of Je Suis Valerie.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Marie is back on YouTube. She's just posted on 'How to stay positive in dark times'.
perhaps she is starting to realise that patrons isn’t for life and that she needs a constant flow of new ones as old ones give up on their generosity. And with her having removed all her YouTube videos it limited new people coming her way through YouTube. I think a lot of older people will use YouTube but not necessarily Instagram.

Reactions: 5
@Tierney please don't take it personally, we have had newcomers posting who are either chateau inmates, family or deluded fans trying to derail the threads.
I agreed there are some that obviously want to cover for the narcacistic behavior. Then there is always with most narcissists the enablers who make up excuses for the narcacist. It happens all the
Time. That's how they get away with it for so long. Just keep telling the truth and eventually a majority of people start to see.

Reactions: 6
I used to really appreciate the non-judgemental attitude shown here. I am not good with words, or chatty, or witty, but when I joined tattle a few months ago, under my previous name, I was so grateful to find such a genuine willingness to accept my posts, spelling mistakes bad grammar and all, without feeling that anyone was going to come down on me like a ton of bricks if I happened to put a foot wrong. It was such a refreshing change from the attitudes that I found on the FB fan pages and in the YT comments.
What a difference since I came back. Every new posting seems to be viewed with suspicion and is questioned. Has something happened that I have missed that now makes newcomers unwelcome here? I thought that if we did not like something then we just passed it by.

To answer questions raised in the previous thread:

@Princess and the Pea : After all we went through together VT, I thought you might have missed me and would recognise me when I came back.;)

I want to add it's also not fun to be almost killed if you post something "nice" once in a while. I believe we all still like watching CD even if not agreeing with every single minute of a video.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wasn't being critical of you. I had looked on an earlier occasion as I was considering changing my name for a similar reason to you. I entirely understand that. I think it's fair to say that we do build up trust with some people more than others, as I suspect you did too. I think lots of us here remember those who banded together during the saga of Je Suis Valerie.
You mean " nous sommes Valerie" 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I totally get the feeling. It's a bit hard not to be suspicious with all the shat-o people joining as well, but I personally welcome everyone, the more the merrier, and very much needed to spread the word and end this grifting!
Could be argued it's more than grifting - the swindling is quite extensive. Normally, someone like SJ (is there anyone like her? :LOL:) would be on the dole and penniless, but she seems to be raking in oodles of dosh. Maybe the virus is affecting people's cognitive abilities...

Reactions: 9
I want to add it's also not fun to be almost killed if you post something "nice" once in a while. I believe we all still like watching CD even if not agreeing with every single minute of a video.
Post something 'nice' if you feel like it, speak your mind! That's what we all do, this is Tattle, but don't expect everybody to agree with you :) Only problem is that some new members feel the need to defend SJ or MPK and fight their battles. This is not the venue for it, just pass the comment you don't like.

• Heart
I don't personally get annoyed about someone asking a question about what went on in previous threads but it is the obvious fishing ones which stick out like a sore thumb. I've been here a little while & it is becoming hard to keep up with what is happening with the sheer volume of posts. Look at how quickly we are getting to a new thread! But if someone just pops up, goes in hard with criticism of statements or seems to be on the defending side of people we all seem to have issues with for one reason or another then it raises suspicion that one of the households or Chateau fans are being mendacious.
The sheer volume of posts is right... threads are filling up so quickly. There are some incredibly prolific posters now. Some up to average of 20 to 30 a day while the norm is more like 3 to 8.... I guess some folk just do have a lot to say and need to comment on lots of comments... maybe that level of activity has sent a lot of the older posters off to the side. @MojoDublin the recovery vehicles returned empty...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don't suppose anyone is willing to do a recap? These threads move way too fast for me so I've just been reading one in every ten pages or so and getting more and more confused. Most of the pages I drop on seem to be about grammar and spelling, SJ's tax liability, people coming back here with a new name and me trying to guess who they used to be and Marie needing to grow a pair. Anything else I should know?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't suppose anyone is willing to do a recap? These threads move way too fast for me so I've just been reading one in every ten pages or so and getting more and more confused. Most of the pages I drop on seem to be about grammar and spelling, SJ's tax liability, people coming back here with a new name and me trying to guess who they used to be and Marie needing to grow a pair. Anything else I should know?
I can try to do a recap post every evening but I am in the states so I don’t know if that would be helpful time zone wise?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"How to stay positive in dark times"

I get it, I do. But...

Marie, if you read this, figure out some ideas for your content yourself, put it out there, and take it form there. People will let you know what ideas work and those that won’t. Start with something, jazz it up a bit. Find other styles of floral arrangements, or even take on another hobby or activity, and add it to the mix. Don’t be part of the classic spin off bunch who after amassing a number of subscribers ask for content because they have no idea what to do. People do not 'follow' people who do not have a vision of their own, (which evolves with time, of course). Use Lalande exposure as a springboard, avoid the leechy behaviour. If you have no creativity, why are you asking people to join and financially support your endeavours for? All the while not even knowing what those endeavours are…

Let that positivity propel you forward instead of simply pacifying a depressive episode. You know how that cycle repeats.

Be the smart spin off. Give us something good to talk about, it is getting boring 😁
I agree. There are tons of YouTubers for her to 'borrow' ideas from. I know someone mentioned Nicki Positano on here & I find her very restful but only watch occasionally as in lockdown most people are struggling for content. But she needs to diversify, show how she can do cooking, or do some proper fancy floristry like some wedding bouquets or floral head dresses. Or explore how flowers can be used in cookery - join up with Dan or something, anything to give her more content. She has 13.7k followers for crying out loud use them - she needs more funky ones & some with some edge.

• Heart
Oh, I am so curious to see us here again in a year! Corona gone but SJ still there?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.