The Chateau Diaries #15 Grifters of a feather flock together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A little off topic, but I was amazed to discover in this vlog that the Petherdicks allow hunters on "their" property ... . In France, if you've got more than 20 hectares of land you can easily choose no to do this (without having to apply to the préfecture) by simply putting up réserve de chasse signs around the perimeter of your land.

Under the French law, you can't enter a private property for hunting (regardless the size); you have to pay to get access. You see small boards 'CR' - chasse réservée (reserved hunting area) along the limits. If anyone is on your property with a gun especially near privates buildings, this means you authorize/allow for money

• Wow
Reactions: 5
That Loki is a bit of a predator. I wonder how comfortable PP is with his constantly creepy remarks or if Fanny has told him to keep the punters sweet so that the money keeps rolling in.
agree. Creepy and awful. Instead of suggesting Loki cool it, the fans encourage these remarks to continue. Phillip should be responding to it as little as possible, if at all.

Reactions: 11
Was this staged? 🤔Where did the water come from?
LOTL's toilet leaked and flowed down into Nati's office, the kitchen, and other parts of the ground floor.

Staged? Maybe, maybe not. Definitely a good opportunity to ask patrons to help replace the toilets.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Marie on furlough. Well that answers lots of questions.
Could be the reason why she doesn’t get paid by Fanny. Instead she pays for her ‘free’ lodging, food and lots of drinks 🥤 by cooking breakfasts for B&B guests, cooks evening meals and helps clean up. No actual money changes hands so she can claim ‘furlough’ through her employer who claims it via British Government’s tax paying citizens ... wonderful!

On another thread: just had a notification on my FB to say the latest ‘Sadie in France’ vlog out tonight - ‘Going for a splash and a taste of Algeria!’ 🤪
She did quit... And needs a spell check

LOTL's toilet leaked and flowed down into Nati's office, the kitchen, and other parts of the ground floor.

Staged? Maybe, maybe not. Definitely a good opportunity to beg patrons to help replace the toilets.
But there was no water on the ceiling?

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Under the French law, you can't enter a private property for hunting (regardless the size); you have to pay to get access. You see small boards 'CR' - chasse réservée (reserved hunting area) along the limits. If anyone is on your property with a gun especially near privates buildings, this means you authorize/allow for money
So now you know why, they got paid

Reactions: 1
As long as you aren't Austrian; have a chateau in the middle of nowhere, or force me to cook glutenfree and vegan. Then I'm sure we could figure something out. Wouldn't it be paaaarfect? :sneaky:
As long as you aren't Austrian; have a chateau in the middle of nowhere, or force me to cook glutenfree and vegan. Then I'm sure we could figure something out. Wouldn't it be paaaarfect? :sneaky:
I am German, have a little house in the middle of nowhere and what's most important have a workaway account 😂

Something you didn't like there, Marie? Again passive aggressive or Freudian slip or subconscious mistake or spelling problem. 😳

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Marie has seriously lost the plot. Where could she afford to host retreats and workshops if she leaves Lalande? And any patron rich enough to be able to throw away £50 a month on her isn't likely to be swayed by the offer of a discount for one of the events.
Maybe those retreats & workshops are not to be at LaLande..but in Honfleur.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hello again. I’ve been on and off this marvellous ride over the past few months. The past few days as a lurker and liker only. Just couldn’t stay away 😉
Tonight’s vlog was weird and fun. And it got very boring when they got into putting the decorations away. Who wants to watch that?
The leak thing was vlog stuffing. They know we want a bit of bling for our bucks, but toilet leaks aren’t doing it for me.
Also, SJ’s comment that a lot of the toilet flush buttons in the chateau stick and run constantly!!! It takes a minute for a 10 litre cistern to fill. How many cubic litres of water (that is metered, and paid for -by patrons, perhaps?) run away down the drain. FFS! I turn my tap off when washing my hands or brushing my teeth. (I’m a boring old fart though, and I am very conscious of water waste)

Also, well done @arthur for the association 1901 sleuthing. There’s a lot of thrashing out of French tax laws to be done there. I’m sure Jill Jumpsuit is absolutely not fluent enough in French to even put one little toe into that water.

Reactions: 19
Discount on what retreats? Private invitations?
Seriously? If she was a top notch florist(such as Princess Di's Butler) and I was into arranging fripperies around Gibson Towers, then I may have been tempted.
Mrs G once treated me to a chefing workshop with a well known celeb. The price was nothing like this and to say I dined out with the finest is an understatement. Mrs G of you're reading that's you!
I am calculating the cost of my dead flowers in the garden? Wonder if the neighbours will pay a tenner a pop? 😂 Ooh maybe this lockdown business can open up new opportunities. Mrs G fronts the channel and I will ponce around in the background, artfully snorting and lugging furniture around. Must hunt out the old 80's jumpers. I won't allow Mrs G to flaunt her assets though. M&S have enough publicity for their underwear and my tighty whities will stay firmly on the radiator and not on public display.
Gibson Towers the new frontier...yep it's catchy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.