The Chateau Diaries #143 how tattle saved me and my family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't find a recipe for bulgogi tamales, but I'm sure they'd be orgasmic.
You must buy and read Roy Choi's book. I'm an old foodie and have read every cookbook published since about 1972. The very best are the biography/memoir cookbooks. And the three best of those are Madeleine Kamman, Edna Lewis and Roy Choi. You're in for a treat!!!
Amazon product
I think I have every Madeleine Kamman book - 6 or so - and I treasure them. I was just looking through one of them the other day, looking for some food inspiration! I was really upset, considering that I didn't know her, when she passed away a few years ago. I learned so much from her and really enjoyed her writing.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I must disagree, Turkey is a safe country in general. I loved living ther. The most terrifiying thing are the earth quakes. I consider Turkey one of the countries to retire to. (Spain, Italy are the other countries)
Nopetty nopetty nopetty nope.
IMHO

Reactions: 5
HA! Her Dad is a plastic surgeon here in Houston who has a foundation called The Rose to provide mammograms to low income women, I am getting mine there next week to help pay for someone else's!
Not entirely sure what you mean. BUT, isn't that something to respect him for? Is THE ROSE, a bone fide respected foundation?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Glad to hear you're gaining French clients. It is tricky getting their trust but once you have it they will come back time and again. I have trouble thinking of a Brit that I could go to in a fix but we have plenty of French friends, as well as belge, German, Spanish and Italians who will always be there when we need help and vice versa. One of the things that always amazes me, even after 20 years, about the brit community is that they all know each other! How do they do that? Do they purposely go out looking for each other? I'm really not brit bashing but they are a type.
Know the type you mean, it's like a herding instinct they go searching others out and before you know it their besties and then they all fall out. I work on the theory of would I have associated with them back in my old life in the UK, if the answer is no I have no more to do with them. We've all our lovely French neighbours in our village who I know I could knock on their doors at any time of day if I needed help. The French market is a hard nut to crack but we're getting there (only taken 15 years lol ) we've got obviously English customers (some lovely and others a pain in the bum), now some French and also Dutch and the French and Dutch customers are by far the nicest in the main. I work for a French/Belgian family.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The smoke and mirrors of Lalande.. 'For $300/mth my Patreons get an origial copy of my fanny on a photocopier, signed'
🧵 thread title nomination!
'For $300/mth my Patreons get an original copy of my fanny on a photocopier, signed'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
One would think that with the knowledge that the average youtuber is relevant for 3/5 years and she would work as hard as she can. Instead b&b is only open on the weekend.

Wonder when she is expired and forgotten what kind of regret she would feel?
Fanny's regrets:
• Buying la Lande
• Her relationship with Snorts
• Not enough vacations
• Not enough botox
• Boxed wine instead of expensive vintage
• Peacock tit
• Having Isabel Jarvis as her mother.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't see so much as a smidge of paint on her hands or under her nails... so full of tit.
I know. Whenever I paint absolutely anything by the end, I am always absolutely covered from head to foot - hair included, even when I wear gloves/hats etc.
But, if I had just paid for my hair to be highlighted and blow dried, I would in no way in hell be thinking of taking up a paint brush within minutes. Forget that!
Again, all smoke and mirrors - timeline, as always, totally out of kilt. Scottish or, otherwise, as the case may be! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
For a whole family to uproot to follow one person (Billy) is unusual, none of them had a job or home they were settled in prior? When I left the UK nobody even asked me to sponsor them... 6 siblings in my family, none wanted to follow, they had their roots and homes, wives and husbands...
I believe Pa and Ma had a vacation home in France for quite some time before they moved over to the cottage at the Chateau. Ma's parents also live in France, not sure how long that has been.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel sorry for Fanny, there I've said it. I was reading today that Madonna has released photos of her fandango and subsequently they were viewed millions of times. On the otherhand our dear old slapper exposes her bits on a regular basis and no one gives a duck.
Fandango :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Know the type you mean, it's like a herding instinct they go searching others out and before you know it their besties and then they all fall out. I work on the theory of would I have associated with them back in my old life in the UK, if the answer is no I have no more to do with them. We've all our lovely French neighbours in our village who I know I could knock on their doors at any time of day if I needed help. The French market is a hard nut to crack but we're getting there (only taken 15 years lol ) we've got obviously English customers (some lovely and others a pain in the bum), now some French and also Dutch and the French and Dutch customers are by far the nicest in the main. I work for a French/Belgian family.
What impelled you to reach out beyond the expat Brit community? Did you already parlez? How did you learn?
I was broken-hearted to see Budo and Tracy, such hard-working nice people, at French Farmhouse Diaries, at the kind of expat affair I'm all-too-familiar with (childhood abroad) -- an all Brits greasy fish and chips beer swilling event in what looked like a church basement. IN NORMANDY!!! Srsly, you can't just go to France because it's cheaper. I know everybody does, but it's FRANCE, people. I've been trying to understand the Frenchies for 30 years. Not there yet! Still fascinated!

Reactions: 10
I had heard that rumor, too, but I don’t know if it’s true or not. If they were at one time, it appears they’re not anymore. Although the extended family (Billy, Michael, Sadie, Ma, and Pa) do live together with their partners and kids in a single “compound,” which I think is fairly common in Traveller culture (but I’m not an expert on Traveller traditions).
The Pethericks (and Ryan) often make jokes about their family being travellers, but I don't think we really know.

If Dan did go to Turkey to get his teeth done, I really hope he went to Gerry’s dentist. 🕶💩😬

• Haha
Reactions: 21
We 3-4 pages left it is a good time to vote for the next thread title. Here are the selection from this thread.

(y) Madame dressed up as a spode spectacle @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

❤ While in France, she spends most of her time coming up with excuses to leave France as often as possible. @graciemckitten

🤣 It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war... @Imperious Me

😲 Spud the rooster recognizes someone who is feathering someone else' nest. @Iolair

😕 It got a one Spode chamber pot from me, but that chamber pot was full. @Iolair

🤢 'For $300/mth my Patreons get an original copy of my fanny on a photocopier, signed' @Imperious Me

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
We 3-4 pages left it is a good time to vote for the next thread title. Here are the selection from this thread.

(y) Madame dressed up as a spode spectacle @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

❤ While in France, she spends most of her time coming up with excuses to leave France as often as possible. @graciemckitten

🤣 It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war... @Imperious Me

😲 Spud the rooster recognizes someone who is feathering their own nest. @Iolair

😕 It got a one Spode chamber pot from me, but that chamber pot was full. @Iolair

🤢 'For $300/mth my Patreons get an original copy of my fanny on a photocopier, signed' @Imperious Me
Spud.

Reactions: 3
I believe Pa and Ma had a vacation home in France for quite some time before they moved over to the cottage at the Chateau. Ma's parents also live in France, not sure how long that has been.
I don’t follow their vlogs anymore but know through lurking on here what they are up to. I have no idea of their background but by living together and being interdependent they are living how Irish families in particular have lived for many a year. Different generations grannies, spinster aunts, bachelor uncles all living together and helping out with childcare etc. These nuclear families gradually disappeared as world travel became so easy but maybe with the impact Covid has had there will be a return to this way of living, which I think can be beneficial for everyone, most of the time.

Reactions: 11
Glad to hear you're gaining French clients. It is tricky getting their trust but once you have it they will come back time and again. I have trouble thinking of a Brit that I could go to in a fix but we have plenty of French friends, as well as belge, German, Spanish and Italians who will always be there when we need help and vice versa. One of the things that always amazes me, even after 20 years, about the brit community is that they all know each other! How do they do that? Do they purposely go out looking for each other? I'm really not brit bashing but they are a type.
What you have stated is the same the world over, no matter which nationality you are.
Excellent workmanship, fair pricing and personal recommendation is "golden" when you are self employed. Your work ethic and reputation is all that matters. And, also your personal interaction with clients skills makes a huge difference too.
During my time working as a garden designer/professional gardener, all my clients only ever came through personal recommendation via past clients. I never, ever had to advertise.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.