The Chateau Diaries #143 how tattle saved me and my family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We 3-4 pages left it is a good time to vote for the next thread title. Here are the selection from this thread.

(y) Madame dressed up as a spode spectacle @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

❤ While in France, she spends most of her time coming up with excuses to leave France as often as possible. @graciemckitten

🤣 It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war... @Imperious Me

😲 Spud the rooster recognizes someone who is feathering someone else' nest. @Iolair

😕 It got a one Spode chamber pot from me, but that chamber pot was full. @Iolair

🤢 'For $300/mth my Patreons get an original copy of my fanny on a photocopier, signed' @Imperious Me
Diesel’s Spode bowl

Reactions: 6
I've never seen the attraction with LV, expensive treated canvas bags even thought they go on for ever. I think the fact that some people flount them about ie like The Pethreicks have cheapened the brand. Have two of their factories about a 10 min drive from me.
Every time I see an LV bag I automatically assume it to be a fake. However, if you are looking for an embarrassing label handbag then I’m the one who owns it. My son gave me a Harrods handbag complete with the Harrods name badge on🤦‍♀️ He gets upset if I don’t use it so every so often I put bits in it and leave it in the dining room so it looks as if it has been used.😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Sorry Countess, whilst agreeing with your points, I can't agree that C4 or their production company would need "Dans skills". C4 are the bees knees in anything they produce, that is partly due to their success. So, why would such a reputable organisation use such an egotistical, empty-headed nothing for their programmes?
I absolutely agree. I was being ‘facetious’ as C4 and DTM have been bandied about a bit on here. Can you imagine letting him loose with their expensive, top of the range cameras and editing equipment 🤣🤣🤣 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Glad to hear you're gaining French clients. It is tricky getting their trust but once you have it they will come back time and again. I have trouble thinking of a Brit that I could go to in a fix but we have plenty of French friends, as well as belge, German, Spanish and Italians who will always be there when we need help and vice versa. One of the things that always amazes me, even after 20 years, about the brit community is that they all know each other! How do they do that? Do they purposely go out looking for each other? I'm really not brit bashing but they are a type.
It's not just France and the British, I'm in Canada, it seems nobody wants to assimilate, if you went to Brampton, Ontario you'd think you were in India... The kids playparks in the evening are chocker block with older men in tunics and cotton pants gathering on benches. Any nationality you want, you can find it in groups here. (Generally speaking, not everyone is the same obviously)...

Reactions: 7
What impelled you to reach out beyond the expat Brit community? Did you already parlez? How did you learn?
I was broken-hearted to see Budo and Tracy, such hard-working nice people, at French Farmhouse Diaries, at the kind of expat affair I'm all-too-familiar with (childhood abroad) -- an all Brits greasy fish and chips beer swilling event in what looked like a church basement. Srsly, you can't just go to France because it's cheaper. I know everybody does, but it's FRANCE, people. I've been trying to understand the Frenchies for 30 years. Not there yet! Still fascinated!
It used to be cheaper but not so much now. In the Department I live in we brought our house about 21 years ago it was cheap BUT was a complete renovation job and is worth a good price now. Brit events, I steer clear of best I can, why come here when you still want to have a 'Little England' beats me. I'd wanted to live here from my first proper holiday here at 18, took me until I was 38 to acheive it. Stands to reason the larger percentage of our clients will be the Brits as many want someone who speaks English (it horrifies me that there are people who have lived here for 30 years plus and still cannot speak a word of French). We both took French lessons before we moved out but it never prepares you for the real thing. It was very very difficult to begin with as they speak with quite a guttural accent here, plus the local dialect (patois). We'd go everywhere with pen, paper and a dictionary at the start. We made the decision to only watch French TV even if at the beginning we didn't understand a word. Our neighbours have been very good and helped. We've had to learn the language not just because it's polite and you should but also because we both work. Even though husband is self employed he still needs to be able to talk with his suppliers to arrange deliveries, our accountant etc I work for a French company and my 2 clients are French and Belgian and do not speak English. A babtism of fire but worth it as it makes you knuckle down and learn. When people say how did we learn it's a case of if you want to learn it you will, it's not an over night or 6 months you're fluent (I'd never say I was that either), it's a long hard, frustrating slog but so worth it in the end. I love my conversations with the 91 year old I work for, such an interesting lady who was born in a Chateau in the Cognac Region, grew up in Paris during the war and then moved to the countryside when she married. Love her to bits and call her Granny, bless.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t follow their vlogs anymore but know through lurking on here what they are up to. I have no idea of their background but by living together and being interdependent they are living how Irish families in particular have lived for many a year. Different generations grannies, spinster aunts, bachelor uncles all living together and helping out with childcare etc. These nuclear families gradually disappeared as world travel became so easy but maybe with the impact Covid has had there will be a return to this way of living, which I think can be beneficial for everyone, most of the time.
Like old Killary says, "It takes a village.."

Reactions: 4
We 3-4 pages left it is a good time to vote for the next thread title. Here are the selection from this thread.

(y) Madame dressed up as a spode spectacle @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

❤ While in France, she spends most of her time coming up with excuses to leave France as often as possible. @graciemckitten

🤣 It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war... @Imperious Me

😲 Spud the rooster recognizes someone who is feathering someone else' nest. @Iolair

😕 It got a one Spode chamber pot from me, but that chamber pot was full. @Iolair

🤢 'For $300/mth my Patreons get an original copy of my fanny on a photocopier, signed' @Imperious Me
Diesel's Spode bowl does it for me please - why should he miss out when it is the humans in his life who are at war? Enough already! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No way did she travel to France for 2 days...
Not Cat fending but from London and the south east a lot of people pop over to France for a couple of days. It is so easy and quick to get there. In the past I’ve been to Lille for the day Christmas shopping, Paris for lunch and I have friends who go for weekends.
My ex husband used to work in France during the week so only came back to England for 2 days every weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Please vote with the reactions on my post! Easier to count the totals! Thanks!

Diesel's Spode bowl does it for me please - why should he miss out when it is the humans in his life who are at war? Enough already! :)

Diesel’s Spode bowl

Reactions: 8
If Fanny spent a tenth of the time she currently spends padding her chest, strapping her breasts to her chin, and unbuttoning her outfits to her ribs to display her assets during gag filming, on her Shittoo issues, she might solve one of her many dilemmas she currently faces (which are solely her creation).

You would think after 300 videos, she would understand that such low cut dresses and blouses would reveal her breasts when she routinely excitedly wiggles, jumps, twists, and performs deep lean in moves towards the camera, especially during the gag videos. Wait…..of course she knows what she is doing! Nutty Natty has done this alsio in many occasions, turning a “charity” channel into a burlesque show.

At some point, Fanny, in her excitement over a new dress, will just strip in front of her pink camera to don her newly gifted dress. “ I was so excited, I did not remember the camera was running. Oh well, wheeeeeeeee! That’s so LaLande! Let’s have some wine!”

Maybe Fanny should rename the cadeaux “ Bluff and Boobs” or ” Gazongas and Grifting” to more accurately identify the content.

• Haha
  • Heart
If Fanny spent a tenth of the time she currently spends padding her chest, strapping her breasts to her chin, and unbuttoning her outfits to her ribs to display her assets during gag filming, on her Shittoo issues, she might solve one of her many dilemmas she currently faces (which are solely her creation).

You would think after 300 videos, she would understand that such low cut dresses and blouses would reveal her breasts when she routinely excitedly wiggles, jumps, twists, and performs deep lean in moves towards the camera, especially during the gag videos. Wait…..of course she knows what she is doing! Nutty Natty has done this alsio in many occasions, turning a “charity” channel into a burlesque show.

At some point, Fanny, in her excitement over a new dress, will just strip in front of her pink camera to don her newly gifted dress. “ I was so excited, I did not remember the camera was running. Oh well, wheeeeeeeee! That’s so LaLande! Let’s have some wine!”

Maybe Fanny should rename the cadeaux “ Bluff and Boobs” or ” Gazongas and Grifting” to more accurately identify the content.
Gazongas and Grifting, 🧵 title suggestion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Not Cat fending but from London and the south east a lot of people pop over to France for a couple of days. It is so easy and quick to get there. In the past I’ve been to Lille for the day Christmas shopping, Paris for lunch and I have friends who go for weekends.
My ex husband used to work in France during the week so only came back to England for 2 days every weekend.
I was thinking more the effort now since covid, she was coming sooner, then delayed it as she can only stay 6 months now (Brexit too).. So from what Fanny was suggesting, she wanted to be there till winter..

Reactions: 2
It used to be cheaper but not so much now. In the Department I live in we brought our house about 21 years ago it was cheap BUT was a complete renovation job and is worth a good price now. Brit events, I steer clear of best I can, why come here when you still want to have a 'Little England' beats me. I'd wanted to live here from my first proper holiday here at 18, took me until I was 38 to acheive it. Stands to reason the larger percentage of our clients will be the Brits as many want someone who speaks English (it horrifies me that there are people who have lived here for 30 years plus and still cannot speak a word of French). We both took French lessons before we moved out but it never prepares you for the real thing. It was very very difficult to begin with as they speak with quite a guttural accent here, plus the local dialect (patois). We'd go everywhere with pen, paper and a dictionary at the start. We made the decision to only watch French TV even if at the beginning we didn't understand a word. Our neighbours have been very good and helped. We've had to learn the language not just because it's polite and you should but also because we both work. Even though husband is self employed he still needs to be able to talk with his suppliers to arrange deliveries, our accountant etc I work for a French company and my 2 clients are French and Belgian and do not speak English. A babtism of fire but worth it as it makes you knuckle down and learn. When people say how did we learn it's a case of if you want to learn it you will, it's not an over night or 6 months you're fluent (I'd never say I was that either), it's a long hard, frustrating slog but so worth it in the end. I love my conversations with the 91 year old I work for, such an interesting lady who was born in a Chateau in the Cognac Region, grew up in Paris during the war and then moved to the countryside when she married. Love her to bits and call her Granny, bless.
See that's the thing I'd kill for, talking to people like your employer. Maybe you can help her do an oral history. Fascinating.
This is the best thing I ever read about France. (Best long read, Graham Robb, The Discovery of France -- it was not fully mapped until the 20th century.) It sounds like your employer might tell stories like this.

If we follow previous convention I believe the choice of next thread name is down to our latest VIP @billybudd
Thanks, I ceded to the cleverer.

Reactions: 5
What impelled you to reach out beyond the expat Brit community? Did you already parlez? How did you learn?
I was broken-hearted to see Budo and Tracy, such hard-working nice people, at French Farmhouse Diaries, at the kind of expat affair I'm all-too-familiar with (childhood abroad) -- an all Brits greasy fish and chips beer swilling event in what looked like a church basement. IN NORMANDY!!! Srsly, you can't just go to France because it's cheaper. I know everybody does, but it's FRANCE, people. I've been trying to understand the Frenchies for 30 years. Not there yet! Still fascinated!
Well, if like most ex-pats no matter where they originated from or, where they now live in the world today. I presume that occasionally they would generally really "crave" something from their "homeland" much like anyone else who is not living in their place of birth - no matter which nationality! Not unusual methinks.
I am actually rather offended by your comments @billybudd, as not all Brits are greasy fish/chips loving, beer swilling morons.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.