The Chateau Diaries #143 how tattle saved me and my family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sry not trying to be redundant, but I'm so tempted to send a gift...
Lady jarvis,
Please accept this small token as you safed my sanity during these awful covid lockdowns
I am in my 80 s now (NOT!) and pretty much orphaned by my family.
I m living in my small castle in Austria, you and your dearest son Phillip are pretty much the only company I enjoy..
I always loved rural France and am considering a visit at ll soon
Hopefully the lovely neighbour's son will assist me in becoming a patron as I'm not familiar with internet stuff..
This pretty little statue reminded me of you, perhaps you could eat more (before drinking) and work less, poor dear...
I wrapped her up in 47 body aprons so she might not break(give them to Pavlina).. Bla bla as u have had a disgusting little stripping accident... Bla sincerely
Elisabeth sidonie Wilhelmine of finkelstein austria
PS I d like to visit when the lake and pool are done I m used to aView attachment 1258907 certain standard u know
I love that her garters appear to be holding up loose leg skin instead of stockings!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
About that garden furniture...
Stephanie Jarvis milked this one. It remains where it was dropped off. Spotted on the terrace, (5/5/22).
Pavlina has yet to refurbish this furniture. This week she is working on the small metal café set.

View attachment 1258498
View attachment 1258526[View attachment 1258519View attachment 1258516
View attachment 1258520
5/5/22 flog, the furniture is behind Dan.

View attachment 1258635 View attachment 1258638 View attachment 1258667
@pavlinn_ua
19 hours ago
Before, during and after
Have to say...i never liked that kind of gardenfurniture...i like our gardenloungeset..when i am outside i want to relax...not ending up with a square ass.... a painfull back...and sliding cushions...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
That clunky, heavy floral set is just so ugly. Didn't she pay at least 600E if not more for it? The previous owner must have been rubbing his hands together with glee when he off loaded that. Then again at the end of the day, it wasn't SJ who was paying was it. :rolleyes: The 2-seater is only a fraction larger than the single - why? I much prefer garden chairs to have arms as far more comfortable/relaxing.
The cafe set is prettier, lighter and distinctly more useful.
Pavlina does appear to like painting, doesn't she? I wonder whether she was roped into painting the Marquis Apartment panelling - off camera, of course. :unsure:
maybe Pavlina can start on the windows next?? they didnt have paint on them since the second world war... 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I know what you mean.
I sense that Selmar uses his past connection with the HMN to the hilt in order to get inside the front door of many of these chateaux - do you think that he might also use FRK's IG repeated conversational piece, "as featured on C4 CDIY" within his initial application/approach? 100% think so.
Once arrived, comes across as a quietly spoken, harmless, free spirited, travelling vagabond accompanied by Diesel - think additional brownie points on that score - in his camper van willing to do any odd jobs when/where needed as a "workaway" volunteer.
I actually found his comments in his previous vlog to a current workaway volunteer who was cooking lunch at this new chateau rather condescending. My instant thought would have been if I was that volunteer, "well, who the F do you think you are matey - obviously, no better than me otherwise why would you be here?".
Does he really work 5 hours a day at any of the chateaux he visits? I am doubtful as from his vlogs it appears that he feels he is always doing the owners a favour by highlighting their properties even though, ordinarily, you can't understand most of what he says between his inappropriate laughter.
So, he feels, that the owners should be grateful that he is there and therefore he ultimately gets out of doing any real work, maybe?
Has he actually done any "volunteer" work at Chateau de la Bastille yet? Nothing in filmed footage as evidence to date.
IMHO, just another grifter - end of story.
But, filming content for his YT channel throughout is paramount of course, which, at the end of the day, is financially beneficial to him - not the owners. Correct?
TBH, if I were Grant/Emma, I would 100% start vlogging their own future Chateau journey. They have owned it for at least 2 years so the time is right. They seem like a really lovely, genuine, hard working couple/family at the moment - perhaps until they jump on the bandwagon in creating a Patreon account perhaps! For the love of God, please don't. :)
He doesn't APPEAR quietly spoken, harmless, free spirited..he is that 😃 Not materialistic which is why he didn't fit into the chateau grab culture.Spent time escaping from the chatter & mayhem at La Lande - going to the beach to get away. I think he is someone who doesn't want much out of life apart from somewhere to put his camper and to earn his keep. Welcomed like a 'gift from God' is what Mummy said when he arrived. Yes he is a bit dull & not to everyone's taste but he & Diesel were key cast members for Fanny's channel. It seems that genuinely nice people like the last two chateaux owners like him. They've obviously communicated before he arrives & he brings them something different. Clearly it up to them if they want to pursue a business opportunity with him & Tatayna. In terms of grifting I'd say he's pretty low down the ladder in that respect. I didn't get the vibe that he was putting himself up above the workaway - just that he was offering to help him. Not that we haven't seen him doing that plenty of times at La Lande so it's in character for him to do that. Unlike lazy boy Phi Phi. 😃 I hope the chateau owners don't go up the route of vlogging/Patreon. Saturated market now that (fingers crossed) no more lockdowns.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
maybe Pavlina can start on the windows next?? they didnt have paint on them since the second world war... 🙄
LOL! FFS, I just spat my tea out reading that. I agree, both inside and out, and windows at the HMN, especially from the rear 100% look like they have have been abandoned since 1945.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
He doesn't APPEAR quietly spoken, harmless, free spirited..he is that 😃 Not materialistic which is why he didn't fit into the chateau grab culture.Spent time escaping from the chatter & mayhem at La Lande - going to the beach to get away. I think he is someone who doesn't want much out of life apart from somewhere to put his camper and to earn his keep. Welcomed like a 'gift from God' is what Mummy said when he arrived. Yes he is a bit dull & not to everyone's taste but he & Diesel were key cast members for Fanny's channel. It seems that genuinely nice people like the last two chateaux owners like him. They've obviously communicated before he arrives & he brings them something different. Clearly it up to them if they want to pursue a business opportunity with him & Tatayna. In terms of grifting I'd say he's pretty low down the ladder in that respect. I didn't get the vibe that he was putting himself up above the workaway - just that he was offering to help him. Not that we haven't seen him doing that plenty of times at La Lande so it's in character for him to do that. Unlike lazy boy Phi Phi. 😃 I hope the chateau owners don't go up the route of vlogging/Patreon. Saturated market now that (fingers crossed) no more lockdowns.
he fit in the chateau grab culture enough, to make sure he stopped at lalande on his return to france in order to pick up his gifts

• Wow
Reactions: 8
he fit in the chateau grab culture enough, to make sure he stopped at lalande on his return to france in order to pick up his gifts
And look how he was treated when he arrived back there...
Hardly welcomed was he? Little Lord Fondletoy sent out to invite him in for tea as though it was an afterthought. No welcome back staged for the camera, for all his popularity. His tools and other belongings dumped in an out building. I think whatever gifts he received he deserves after the shabby way he was treated by NO before and after Tatyana arrived. And who knows what gifts were held back due to NO being in charge of them? Certainly the Spode dog bowl that belongs to Diesel, but I'm betting NO went through those gifts addressed to Selmar with a fine tooth comb and withheld anything she and SJ wanted for themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hardly welcomed was he? Little Lord Fondletoy sent out to invite him in for tea as though it was an afterthought. No welcome back staged for the camera, for all his popularity. His tools and other belongings dumped in an out building. I think whatever gifts he received he deserves after the shabby way he was treated by NO before and after Tatyana arrived. And who knows what gifts were held back due to NO being in charge of them? Certainly the Spode dog bowl that belongs to Diesel, but I'm betting NO went through those gifts addressed to Selmar with a fine tooth comb and withheld anything she and SJ wanted for themselves.
Plus, if you had sent him a gift, wouldn’t you want to know he had gotten it? I saw it more as being thoughtful to the gift giver. I think, like so much else in life, it comes down to our personal opinion. Do we want to see something negative or do we want to see something positive? There are a lot of small things that get blown out of proportion on this forum when, in actual fact, there’s no meat on that bone. I speak from personal experience when I say…when you have a near death experience as I’m guessing Selmar’s accident was, it changes your perspective. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but, personally, I see no harm in what he does.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have to respectfully disagree.
Your evaluation, and mine, is who Selmar essentially used to be, before he arrived and was exposed to the ways of the HMN. "Mix with them, get like them", springs to my mind.
Even more so if you are sitting witnessing the explosive escalating revenue that occurred with very little effort from SJ during lockdown!
Today, is a totally different matter as he has been exposed to the ways of IJ/SJ/YT - plus the matter of how the hell did he and Tatty ever think that they were ever going to be able to buy a chateau without a bean between them, other than via ebegging or the grifting world at large as a result through his connection with the HMN, et al, i.e. SJ, who defo encouraged them, 100% wrongly imho. But, as we all know, she wanted them gone asap!
He is defo not the same person he was 3-4 years ago when he first arrived at the HMN.
Good or bad, makes no difference to me as Selmar is not someone who would ever be part of my own personal life. AND, I only wish him the best but like many others have said here, he does truly need a reality check. :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
But he'd done his video throwing them under the bus by that point... It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war...

Your evaluation, and mine, is who Selmar essentially used to be, before he arrived and was exposed to the ways of the HMN. "Mix with them, get like them", springs to my mind.
Even more so if you are sitting witnessing the explosive escalating revenue that occurred with very little effort frpm SJ during lockdown!
Today, is a totally different matter as he has been exposed to the ways of IJ/SJ/YT - plus the matter of how the hell did he and Tattyever think that they were ever going to be able to buy a chateau without a bean between them, other than via ebegging or the grifting world at large as a result through his connection with the HMN, et al, i.e. SJ, who defo encouraged them, 100% wrongly imho. But, as we all know, she wanted them gone asap!
He is defo not the same person he was 3-4 years ago when he first arrived at the HMN.
Good or bad, makes no difference to me as Selmar is not someone who would ever be part of my own personal life. AND, I only wish him the best but like many others have said here, he does truly need a reality check. :love:
'Lay down with dogs, get fleas' springs to my mind 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I would dearly love to see someone disassemble the hardware on those windows and remove the paint from it! I loathe painted hardware no matter what it’s on! It smacks of lazy…oh wait!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I love that her garters appear to be holding up loose leg skin instead of stockings!
I'm so glad I opened that pic.. for some reason I thought you were talking about the lady chateau owner in the white dress Selmar was teaching to dance 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
LOL! FFS, I just spat my tea out reading that. I agree, both inside and out, and windows at the HMN, especially from the rear 100% look like they have have been abandoned since 1945.
Perhaps paint theshutters mauve like the Chateau de la Batallie that Sillymar is visiting - it's an ugly exterior colour, but at least they're painted. Or maybe Anna has some extra green paint she can send over to Fanny.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But he'd done his video throwing them under the bus by that point... It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war...

'Lay down with dogs, get fleas' springs to my mind 😂
LOL. God forbid, I sincerely hope that you are not inferring that Diesel has fleas! Joking aside. I 100% agree with you which was exactly my point in my post. :)

Reactions: 3
I cannot agree. I think he went hoping for some sort of grown up conversation with the woman who had conned him into thinking he meant something to her as a friend. On the pretext of picking up his tools & his gifts (rubbish ones at that) were left for him in an outbuilding. Shabbily she sent her consort down to meet him. He is odd & dull but I don't think he is a greedy grabber like the chateau crew are IMHO.😥

Even more so if you are sitting witnessing the explosive escalating revenue that occurred with very little effort from SJ during lockdown!
Today, is a totally different matter as he has been exposed to the ways of IJ/SJ/YT - plus the matter of how the hell did he and Tatty ever think that they were ever going to be able to buy a chateau without a bean between them, other than via ebegging or the grifting world at large as a result through his connection with the HMN, et al, i.e. SJ, who defo encouraged them, 100% wrongly imho. But, as we all know, she wanted them gone asap!
Ah, but this is how a narcissist works on people. I'll say it again-that's what Jarvis has done to Petherick, Marie, Selmar..see a pattern. Idealization, devaluation, and rejection.
So he was King Selmar, a gift from God. Then he gets dull, she wants him gone. So his jobs are given to others, Dan, Amaury..come on Selmar get the message & just go why won't you. So when he decides he wants to go, that he has big plans she encourages him, yes, yes Selmar you & Tatti can do that...anything to get rid of him. Crafy mare setting him up for failure, to look a fool to expect to own a chateau. Who does he think he is? Only rich girls with rich friends can own a chateau not a grubby man in a campervan. Ha ha ha ha..laughing at him behind his back - whilst making herself look supportive. It's all about how they look. He fell for it.
The change I see is that he is now wanting more for him & Tatti. As for someone being in your life I think I'd prefer Selmar to Stephanie any day of the week.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.