The Chateau Diaries #143 how tattle saved me and my family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About that garden furniture...
Stephanie Jarvis milked this one. It remains where it was dropped off. Spotted on the terrace, (5/5/22).
Pavlina has yet to refurbish this furniture. This week she is working on the small metal café set.

1652263805373.png

1652264790388.png
[
1652264632426.png
1652264508174.png

1652201433978 (2).png

5/5/22 flog, the furniture is behind Dan.

1652267495010.png
1652267542007.png
1652268336723.png

@pavlinn_ua
19 hours ago
Before, during and after

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Stephanie Jarvis milked this one. It remains where it was dropped off. Spotted on the terrace, (5/5/22).
Pavlina has yet to refurbish this furniture. This week she is working on the small metal café set.

View attachment 1258498
View attachment 1258526[View attachment 1258519View attachment 1258516
View attachment 1258520

View attachment 1258635 View attachment 1258638 View attachment 1258667
@pavlinn_ua
19 hours ago
Before, during and after
What the hell is that red outfit - granny flared trousers 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
7TqtbzR.gif

Over at Manor and Maker's...

smolpuppyo'love

11 hours ago
I am really liking your hair getting lighter and more blonde! It suits you being fair haired, you obviously have caught the 🌞 sun, don't forget your sunscreen cream!

1652266782575 (2).png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Ahhhh......thank you for the translation! I knew it wasn't what I thought it was. But I still say he was feeling himself! Happiness makes you feel like that!
I wondered who they guy in the red pants was, too!
Now RedPants is the way a trophy is supposed to look!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
What the hell is that red outfit - granny flared trousers 🤢
That was the manic panic Advent time when she was hysterically clawing for material ( all the filler she filmed before she and PJ were outed by channel 4 had to be scrapped) Her outside matches her inside

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To me it was so much FUN ..
One year behind... I'm expecting more kitschy hedgehog items, self made crap and broken porcelain to come...
Well then if they pretend to enjoy every fan present, the cheaper the better. .. 😊
She held up a massive broken plate, described in detail what was on it.. then no doubt binned it...

• Haha
Reactions: 14

View attachment 1258498
View attachment 1258526[View attachment 1258519View attachment 1258516
View attachment 1258520

View attachment 1258635 View attachment 1258638 View attachment 1258667
@pavlinn_ua
19 hours ago
Before, during and after
That clunky, heavy floral set is just so ugly. Didn't she pay at least 600E if not more for it? The previous owner must have been rubbing his hands together with glee when he off loaded that. Then again at the end of the day, it wasn't SJ who was paying was it. :rolleyes: The 2-seater is only a fraction larger than the single - why? I much prefer garden chairs to have arms as far more comfortable/relaxing.
The cafe set is prettier, lighter and distinctly more useful.
Pavlina does appear to like painting, doesn't she? I wonder whether she was roped into painting the Marquis Apartment panelling - off camera, of course. :unsure:

I agree.I saw people having a laugh together. When people are learning to dance it's always awkward. The young couple in black seemed to be pretty cool at it, the scruffier pair were going through the steps by rote & the lord & lady of the chateau were awkward-but giving it a go. I heard lots of laughing going on & think that our jaded eyes might be fed up with his antics he definitely brings some entertainment & something new to these chateaux owners. ❤
Beats washing floors I suppose. Oh wait......

That clunky, heavy floral set is just so ugly. Didn't she pay at least 600E if not more for it? The previous owner must have been rubbing his hands together with glee when he off loaded that. Then again at the end of the day, it wasn't SJ who was paying was it. :rolleyes: The 2-seater is only a fraction larger than the single - why? I much prefer garden chairs to have arms as far more comfortable/relaxing.
The cafe set is prettier, lighter and distinctly more useful.
Pavlina does appear to like painting, doesn't she? I wonder whether she was roped into painting the Marquis Apartment panelling - off camera, of course. :unsure:
I find iron furniture useless, it absorbs the heat, you can't sit at it, you'd cook yourself.... I have an iron planter, it bakes plants, I can only use it at xmas for greenery arrangements

• Haha
Ahhhh......thank you for the translation! I knew it wasn't what I thought it was. But I still say he was feeling himself! Happiness makes you feel like that!
I wondered who they guy in the red pants was, too!
Will make you laugh, I even had subtitles on and still it couldn't translate what he said. But, he got the tie and socks when he recently did that GAG with Bill, so it sparked a memory - otherwise, forget it.
Yes, it was obviously Ross and Emma, the chateau owners as they were dancing together the whole time.
Actually, looking at their Workaway comments/reviews, seems like a lovely place to volunteer. If it wasn't circa a 1000 miles/£200 at least for fuel and tolls each way journey, I may personally have been tempted, but only on the proviso that Selmar/Tatty wouldn't be in residence of course as they would drive me absolutely crazy. ;)

Yesterday I learned how to pick up rocks, and today I learn how to wash a floor... My life is complete.
They certainly take the **** don't they, filming themselves doing everyday jobs, are people mesmerised to the point of watching paint dry'?

Reactions: 13
Beats washing floors I suppose. Oh wait......

I find iron furniture useless, it absorbs the heat, you can't sit at it, you'd cook yourself.... I have an iron planter, it bakes plants, I can only use it at xmas for greenery arrangements
100% agree.
Gardening is supposed to be a pleasure to enjoy, not a 24/7 chore having to water/maintain plants in containers that are not fit for purpose. I love those large, square planters that look like classy weathered, vert de gris metal but are in fact, some kind of recycled material. Lighter, cheaper and last forever plus no maintainenance involved whatsoever. 😁

Reactions: 9
Sadly it has moved very far to the right wing ideologies in the last few years and unless we have a change of government on May 21 we are sliding down the slippery path toward 1950's USA political ethics. The Media is almost completely controlled by the Murdoch press.
I agree Scott Morrison has to go, but I don't think much of that numpty Anthony Albanese either. Just as long as the Oxley moron Pauline Hanson doesn't win any more seats in the Senate. She is literally a waste of space. Can't stand the Murdoch ethos either, but at least there's still Aunty and the SBS, unless they've both swung right as well, then "not happy Jan!"

Last edited:
I dont get Selmar, how he manipulates these peopel to play with him, the easter bunny at Bill and Viviane is my new nightmare. He will now think he can use that place for his fantasies. I've always thought him creepy, needs cleaner teeth and a decent haircut. How old is he??? He was a nothing until Lalande, and would still be a nothing living in his camper if ot for Stephanie.

Am I correct the he is becoming out of favour, or is it wishful thinking?

Its 12.37am here and I just heard heavy breathing outside the window, turned around not outside the window looking in, so got torch showed posums facing off, must be mating seasons. Went and got my air rifle with night scope and shot one of the little buggars. That is the difference between Ozzie and NZ we can shoot their imported pests while they can only deport ours.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Sry not trying to be redundant, but I'm so tempted to send a gift...
Lady jarvis,
Please accept this small token as you safed my sanity during these awful covid lockdowns
I am in my 80 s now (NOT!) and pretty much orphaned by my family.
I m living in my small castle in Austria, you and your dearest son Phillip are pretty much the only company I enjoy..
I always loved rural France and am considering a visit at ll soon
Hopefully the lovely neighbour's son will assist me in becoming a patron as I'm not familiar with internet stuff..
This pretty little statue reminded me of you, perhaps you could eat more (before drinking) and work less, poor dear...
I wrapped her up in 47 body aprons so she might not break(give them to Pavlina).. Bla bla as u have had a disgusting little stripping accident... Bla sincerely
Elisabeth sidonie Wilhelmine of finkelstein austria
PS I d like to visit when the lake and pool are done I m used to a
Screenshot_20220511_112129.jpg
certain standard u know

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think the political voting will be more obvious than previous years, never mind what's the best song.
[/QUOTE
I agree. I stopped watching it years ago precisely for that reason. Just my personal opinion of course, but nowadays totally nothing to do with the music or, best songs, which is such a shame for the competitors.
I dont get Selmar, how he manipulates these peopel to play with him, the easter bunny at Bill and Viviane is my new nightmare. He will now think he can use that place for his fantasies. I've always thought him creepy, needs cleaner teeth and a decent haircut. How old is he??? He was a nothing until Lalande, and would still be a nothing living in his camper if ot for Stephanie.

Am I correct the he is becoming out of favour, or is it wishful thinking?

Its 12.37am here and I just heard heavy breathing outside the window, turned around not outside the window looking in, so got torch showed posums facing off, must be mating seasons. Went and got my air rifle with night scope and shot one of the little buggars. That is the difference between Ozzie and NZ we can shoot their imported pests while they can only deport ours.
I know what you mean.
I sense that Selmar uses his past connection with the HMN to the hilt in order to get inside the front door of many of these chateaux - do you think that he might also use FRK's IG repeated conversational piece, "as featured on C4 CDIY" within his initial application/approach? 100% think so.
Once arrived, comes across as a quietly spoken, harmless, free spirited, travelling vagabond accompanied by Diesel - think additional brownie points on that score - in his camper van willing to do any odd jobs when/where needed as a "workaway" volunteer.
I actually found his comments in his previous vlog to a current workaway volunteer who was cooking lunch at this new chateau rather condescending. My instant thought would have been if I was that volunteer, "well, who the F do you think you are matey - obviously, no better than me otherwise why would you be here?".
Does he really work 5 hours a day at any of the chateaux he visits? I am doubtful as from his vlogs it appears that he feels he is always doing the owners a favour by highlighting their properties even though, ordinarily, you can't understand most of what he says between his inappropriate laughter.
So, he feels, that the owners should be grateful that he is there and therefore he ultimately gets out of doing any real work, maybe?
Has he actually done any "volunteer" work at Chateau de la Bastille yet? Nothing in filmed footage as evidence to date.
IMHO, just another grifter - end of story.
But, filming content for his YT channel throughout is paramount of course, which, at the end of the day, is financially beneficial to him - not the owners. Correct?
TBH, if I were Grant/Emma, I would 100% start vlogging their own future Chateau journey. They have owned it for at least 2 years so the time is right. They seem like a really lovely, genuine, hard working couple/family at the moment - perhaps until they jump on the bandwagon in creating a Patreon account perhaps! For the love of God, please don't. :)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.