The Chateau Diaries #133 Mirror, mirror who's the fairest of them all? Stuart, not bat💩 crazy Stephanie!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 24
KittCatt, please don't misquote me or take my comments out of context.....I was the one who provided Stuart's CV, outlining her career and education and she has moved around a bit including working overseas in London.

No she's not, she's funding herself (or privately funded by someone else) & seems to know what she wants. I stated Stuart had spent 29,600 Euros plus living expenses to attend the Cordon Bleu school during 2021

seems to know what she wants. I stated Stuart was a gurl with a plan.

she doesn't need SJ's following to start her own channel because she's got the personality & a popular content (cooking)
. I stated Stuart's a bubbly, confident, well spoken, extrovert. The shiteau is her calculated stepping stone, and hopefully there will be no grifting, but I suspect Stuart's got the smarts, personality and drive to achieve her ambitions

Stuart could start her own channel, but it doesn't hurt to get some experience behind her, get some visibility of an existing channel, and get exposure on Ch4.

FRK's new passion was flowers. Stuart's new passion is cooking. Whilst Stuart definitely appears to bring more to the table in terms of confidence, ability & direction, it's early days and we don't know Stuart's history (ex: broken heart) or desired trajectory (ex: dreams of being the next Nigella) What we do know is that almost everyone, except Kat, who has entered the chateauverse since CD began seems to become tainted by the experience.
Reserving judgement on just how the Stuart character will play out as haven't seen her (dipped out of viewing La Lande stuff for a long while) so will need to go back to find where she shows up previously. Have looked at her IG account & read what you've written & seems like she's just going for it - grasping any opportunity that comes her way but must have been focused to have got to where she is. So the opposite of Jarvis in her aims & ambitions actually coming to fruition so far.
Fanny's explotative narcissism angle is that everyone is to be used by her. They are to make her look good. Whether it be by her faux support for Marie in her ventures (whilst laughing at her behind her back). Or encouraging Selmar & Tati to ask for funding for their chateau (setting them up for failure). Or using MPK as a double act/cover/new best friend (then dropping him when he might taint her image). The Narc will not only choose hapless/helpless to make themselves look good. A successful, accomplished person can be just as helpful as they are viewed by them as an extension of herself & that person NEEDS Fanny to get on (in her head anyway). It's all about control & image.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Apparently the Chatelaine answered that these big logs were "rotten" according to Nick the surgeon tree.
Apparently again, he told them that they were of no use.

Damp and wet wood can be let to dry for several months in a sheltered shed... Not sure about being rotten as these logs didn't really looked"rotten" to me....

It's illegal in France.
Here in The Netherlands it is also illegal, you have to ask permission, but most of the time you dont get it, because there are always too much houses in the neighborhood, and people start complaining very quickly...there are so many possibilities these days than to burn things...when you own woods you also need even more machinery than a digger and a dumper...a woodchipper , a logcutter etc etc...we never have a bonfire..its a waste..and a mess..and if she doesnt like to buy the stuff..you can always rent it, or hire a company in to do it for you..but like we all discussed here, her reputation runs far ahead at her..so i dont think anybody is taking the risk of going there and not being paid...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It's common to burn yard waste in Europe, especially in rural areas. Its how its done. being from the USA, when I first moved over seas and witnessed it I freaked out too until the locals laughed at me lol and taught me their ways.
The thing is: Europe is very diverse and what is common in one country might be illegal or frowned upon in others. For example, in Spain, it is usual to see legs of ham hanging from the ceilings, ready to be cut, in bars. In Great Britain, Ireland and other countries, that would get the bar closed by the food authorities very fast.
With outdoor fires, there is an added factor: a new regulations have emerged recently to prevent pollution and global warming. I believe it is now prohibited to use them to burn waste (including garden waste and trees) in most of Europe but I know that, where I live, the Irish countryside, most people are not even aware that such laws exist and outdoor fires are still usual. People just call the fire brigade in advance so that if they get called by neighbours or passer-bys, they know that the smoke doesn't come from an acccidental fire.
Indoor fireplaces are also disappearing now. You won't find a new built house with an open fireplace. They are considered too ineficient and polluting and the new regulations reflect that.

Reactions: 16
:coffee: ;) Good late morning! No worms for me today. Now listen, this Stuart has good teeth and is rather pretty! Way to go. Has anyone seen her sisters Robert and John?! Don't get me started on Americans naming their children surnames and other weird stuff. I'm an old fashion man, I like to know what sex a person is by their name. And don't get me started on all these men winning women's sport games. (FYI I am not the least homo or trans phobic, the world is richer for diversity IMO) If Clara is right, - the scary woman with a doll is on her way to the vlog, perhaps worth viewing? She is straight out of a Hitchcock film that one. I better go and watch a vlog and see what this thing about young Phillip spoiling april fools is all about...enjoy your day!
Fanny said folks who hadn’t visited for a while were coming to the shiteau for Easter - perhaps Sillymar AND Tess Hoffman - now that would be a bizarre combo!👽🤣👽🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What stands out to me the most is how completely inept SJ is at using a rake! Never seen her use one before, and she rakes as if she is blindfolded! :oops: :oops:
Just proves the poor little petal has never done a hard days graft in her life, unless it's playing up for the camera.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Seriously…it sounded like a funny little prank and I applaud Dan for calling Phillip out on camera for ruining the joke. (And I normally HATE pranks but this one sounded pretty funny and innocent and not mean spirited). It made Phillip appear controlling, not part of the “team”, an apparent hater of “LAUGHTER”, and just a weirdo. I’d say the joke is on him!
I thought the April Fool's trick sounded funny, too!
Interesting you would use the word "controlling" about Philip. I finally watched her last couple of vlogs. He was on the sidelines, like a parental figure, uttering just her name as a warning whenever she would start to do something he didn't approve of. She ignored him, of course, and I'm not Philip defending, but the things he was alarmed about were indeed things to be alarmed about - like climbing up scaffolding in heeled boots! But his tone was very off-putting. Could he maybe scold her in private? I found his presence there very controlling. Maybe this is his chosen role now? To make sure she knows when she's being an idiot?

On another note - it's been mentioned but watching her try and use a rake was hysterical. She looked like a child, always looking up for approval, as if she'd done something so monumental and helpful when she'd manage to drag some of the stuff 2 inches.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I thought the April Fool's trick sounded funny, too!
Interesting you would use the word "controlling" about Philip. I finally watched her last couple of vlogs. He was on the sidelines, like a parental figure, uttering just her name as a warning whenever she would start to do something he didn't approve of. She ignored him, of course, and I'm not Philip defending, but the things he was alarmed about were indeed things to be alarmed about - like climbing up scaffolding in heeled boots! But his tone was very off-putting. Could he maybe scold her in private? I found his presence there very controlling. Maybe this is his chosen role now? To make sure she knows when she's being an idiot?

On another note - it's been mentioned but watching her try and use a rake was hysterical. She looked like a child, always looking up for approval, as if she'd done something so monumental and helpful when she'd manage to drag some of the stuff 2 inches.
He's more like the grim reaper, lurking about in his high heels.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Fanny said folks who hadn’t visited for a while were coming to the shiteau for Easter - perhaps Sillymar AND Tess Hoffman - now that would be a bizarre combo!👽🤣👽🤣
Selmar has said on his vlog that he is going to the chateau to pick up his tools and talk things through with Fanny. So she did do a narcissistic hoover on him. :sick:
Narcissistic hoovering refers to attempts made by the narcissist to bring you back into their life – often after a period of distance on your part. Especially if this is a new behaviour for you, the narcissist might hold off for a short while to see if you’re really serious about creating that distance. If it turns out you are, they’ll turn on the hoover.
Yet again it's all about the control.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Well, great news - Fanny finally posted her financials as promised many moons ago.
Even better - the chapel restorer returned.
In addition - the lake was filled today.
And, the heating system at LaLande was completed.
The new refrigerators fit perfectly in place. PhiPhi finally announced who he is. . . .
Dan returned to his wife and children.
Several full circle moments Revealed.
Just one completed project after another. . . .is this what we’re waiting for?
Cold day in hell. . . .
April Fool has gone and past....now who's the biggest fool at last!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tess is traveling with her doll. Will her boy toys arrive at a later date??? She does look like the babysitter.

View attachment 1166318
@anthonyskinner_
2 weeks ago
Who said you can’t tour property after hours…with great friends of course. #naples #naplesrealestate #naplesrealtor #5thavenuesouth #southwestflorida #505onfifth
There's a saying in the US for someone who looks like Tessa does.
She looks rode hard and put away wet.
Make of that what you will.......

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
She's turning 40 this year. Perhaps Stephanie Jarvis can take her to Venice to celebrate...

There's literally NOTHING likable about Dana whatsoever. She's a mean, vindictive, opportunistic b**ch that has one thing on her mind and one thing only: Dana's best interest. There will be no naughty twists. She actually thinks she's a professional chef but her food usually tastes blend and her skills are clumsy at best. Maladroit is the French word that could have been invented for Dana.
Well....... I thank you for opening my eyes. Always found her obnoxious, but thought she stood up to Fannie Never realized that she is so nasty and self serving. Again, Thank you Clara!

Reactions: 15
Selmar has said on his vlog that he is going to the chateau to pick up his tools and talk things through with Fanny. So she did do a narcissistic hoover on him. :sick:
Narcissistic hoovering refers to attempts made by the narcissist to bring you back into their life – often after a period of distance on your part. Especially if this is a new behaviour for you, the narcissist might hold off for a short while to see if you’re really serious about creating that distance. If it turns out you are, they’ll turn on the hoover.
Yet again it's all about the control.
He's a lost cause I'm afraid.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Someone please reassure me that Fanny won't force a reconciliation of Sillymar and Nutti and film them embracing and forgiving.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.