The Chateau Diaries #130 Stephanie Jarvis - Unscrupulous Grifting, Scheming, Knickerless Farmhouse Frauds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iolair, post: 8994914, member: 319719
You get one of the M&M business cards he had printed to hand out in Venice.

Being that The Dordogne area is renowned for its love of food and drink – and boasts a long culinary heritage and a tremendous gastronomic heritage. The Dordogne is also known as France's duck and truffle capital. Id be expecting the best champagne. and caviar for lunch and dinner with truffles to at the price they expect.

Why doesn't Shrek bank on the reputation of the provenience and invest in duck so they can to events making local pate' and special dishes with duck and food events. There is absolutely no promotion on their site , very poor marketing considering they dont have the power houses booking.com behind them to drive traffic and paying guest . Just another set of people banking of SJ luck of youtube

Reactions: 14
Iolair, post: 8994914, member: 319719
You get one of the M&M business cards he had printed to hand out in Venice.

Being that The Dordogne area is renowned for its love of food and drink – and boasts a long culinary heritage and a tremendous gastronomic heritage. The Dordogne is also known as France's duck and truffle capital. Id be expecting the best champagne. and caviar for lunch and dinner with truffles to at the price they expect.

Why doesn't Shrek bank on the reputation of the provenience and invest in duck so they can to events making local pate' and special dishes with duck and food events. There is absolutely no promotion on their site , very poor marketing considering they dont have the power houses booking.com behind them to drive traffic and paying guest . Just another set of people banking of SJ luck of youtube
I'm not sure if you're suggesting they should start raising ducks, but, if so, now might not be a good time, as duck breeders are often having to keep all the birds indoors, due to bird flu in the area, and aren't confident of the future for their businesses.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Ok guys, so I habe subscribed to a cool vinyl channel on YouTube.
People, bands, and artists send him rare or unique records from time to time.

He is doing unboxing too every now and then and he released a new video today, 22nd MARCH. 2022.

672451AB-A2DE-432A-86A2-488540558656.png

0C52CE09-E095-40E8-8303-408A0328397D.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Off topic: Curious anyone else watching Netflix limited series “Bad Vegan” speaking of Narcs, scammers. Just started watching it.

Reactions: 8
I thought Sabine's wordlessly smiling and nodding at SJ or the camera was amazingly creepy. Also Dan's squirrelly stepping up to, as if in battle mode, and then back from, the camera. Something's up, as corroborated by SJ's making sure to query Sabine about her departure.
I personally have always felt uncomfortable regarding Sabine as she never actually says ANYTHING. We know nothing about her, and she is just always lurking in the background like the Spectre at the Feast!
Has been at the HMN for way too long beyond other volunteers have ever been with no explanation as to why and TBH, what has she really contributed either? Never truly seen her being featured or doing anything. Plus, there are currently no B&B guests.
Kirsty could have used a second pair of hands on so many occasions - where was Sabine? I do know, hiding in Amaury's workshop gossiping!
The spectre at the feast. Someone or something that acts as a reminder of something negative and thus ruins the enjoyment of something. Primarily heard in UK. If someone or something is the spectre at the feast or the ghost at the feast, they make people feel uncomfortable because they remind them of an unhappy event or situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can think of many more dangerous narcissists.. Klaus Schwab, Pope Francis, Kim Jong-un, Erdogan but politics are boring. 🥱
oh sure - but biggest is most well known? not necessarily most dangerous.
The only thing near the nether regions is your brain with your comment on my profile picture that all you see when you look at it is "a nice firm set of buttocks". Seriously? How old are you? And now this not so pithy follow-up on where the uvula is or isn't located. And you judging I'm a 'bloke' due to my response, when you could easily look up my name and find what gender it is. I told you that you wouldn't like what it is I think about when I see your profile picture, but here it is...
In our academic circle, after reading and assessing, my colleagues place the letter U for the attention of fellow academics on papers presented by students. The U variously translates as 'unproven' 'unsound' 'uneducated' or 'unprofessional'. A double UU (in emulation of the great Flinders Petrie who sometimes did the same) also indicates that the students thoughts, ideas and research makes them appear a bit of a tit in trying to appear smarter than they actually are - as in your observations that Stephanie Javis isn't really committing fraud because nothing legal was signed. WTF. It's the type of thing a flying monkey would say. Something to make tattlers fight amongst themselves, rather than concentrate on SJ's nefarious doings, lack of accounts and lack of accountability. So, what will you do: continue to choke on your own uvula with your disturbing and puerile observations on my gender and buttocks, or drop it, move on and concentrate your efforts on the HMN? Your choice. My choice is that you be shown the door, so it's a good thing that it's not up to me.
Um - keep it light.
Have you no sense of humour at all?
As for SJ and fraud - I think she's immoral and unethical in alleged use of Patreon money, but whilst I'm not a lawyer, I'm pretty sure using Patreon money for something other than what you have asked for it for is not really a legal matter. Apparently an overwhelming majority of Youtubers have Patreon accounts - I doubt they are all doing exactly what the money was asked for. Tax evasion, declaring income etc is another matter. Do you see Flying Monkeys in anyone whom you take a dislike to?

Reactions: 2
Hi! I've been a lurker after finding Tattle. I'm not sure exactly what put me off Stephanie as I really did enjoy her content for a while. I was glad to have the idyllic videos and content during lockdown. I didn't enjoy the gift openings much and I was only briefly a Patreon. I find that the chateau renovations have ground to a halt despite the amount she gets monthly. She's unfortunately become just another influencer asking for free stuff.
Out of curiosity, what do we hope happens? She's not a great person and what she's doing is wrong but so many influencers get away with worse (arguably) and are still popular. I don't know that Stephanie will ever lose it all or have to stop. I don't even know if the authorities in France care to crack down on her. Have any other influencers been stopped by the authorities? I tend to just stop paying attention to influencers when I notice they're beggars in disguise.
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all the speculations so far. [/SIZE]
IMHO, I have to question if they are actually "influencers" because in my world, they 100% definitely are not.
They are just YouTuber scammers on the make in the light of witnessing others doing exactly the same - end of story.
And if you are influenced by what they are doing, then, again IMHO, you need to get a "real" life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Off topic: Curious anyone else watching Netflix limited series “Bad Vegan” speaking of Narcs, scammers. Just started watching it.
I started watching it but stopped when it got into woowoo “he could help her become immortal” stuff that he was promising her after she had already give him thousands of dollars. She also told how she had met this guy through twitter as he and Alec Baldwin would interact and thought that they were friends ( this after stating that Alec wanted to date her but she had turned him down because she was in a relationship at the time ).
I guess that some people are book and creative smart but not street and relationship smart.

The raw food looked amazing though, I would have loved to have gone to that restaurant.

Reactions: 7
I just started it last night! Since I made my husband watch 'Inventing Anna' and he liked it, he found it and a few others on Netflix to watch. We only watched one episode.....will finish the rest maybe tonight.

Reactions: 6
The only thing near the nether regions is your brain with your comment on my profile picture that all you see when you look at it is "a nice firm set of buttocks". Seriously? How old are you? And now this not so pithy follow-up on where the uvula is or isn't located. And you judging I'm a 'bloke' due to my response, when you could easily look up my name and find what gender it is. I told you that you wouldn't like what it is I think about when I see your profile picture, but here it is...
In our academic circle, after reading and assessing, my colleagues place the letter U for the attention of fellow academics on papers presented by students. The U variously translates as 'unproven' 'unsound' 'uneducated' or 'unprofessional'. A double UU (in emulation of the great Flinders Petrie who sometimes did the same) also indicates that the students thoughts, ideas and research makes them appear a bit of a tit in trying to appear smarter than they actually are - as in your observations that Stephanie Javis isn't really committing fraud because nothing legal was signed. WTF. It's the type of thing a flying monkey would say. Something to make tattlers fight amongst themselves, rather than concentrate on SJ's nefarious doings, lack of accounts and lack of accountability. So, what will you do: continue to choke on your own uvula with your disturbing and puerile observations on my gender and buttocks, or drop it, move on and concentrate your efforts on the HMN? Your choice. My choice is that you be shown the door, so it's a good thing that it's not up to me.
Honey, don’t feed the trolls!🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When dealing with the narc in my life, I actually saw him toggle into a different personality (experience with DID too, lucky me). Went running to discuss it with the shrink, who talked about narcs whose eyes go black when they let it out (pupil dilation), which she'd had terrifying personal experience with. And also the more clinical Jungian idea that he was letting his "shadow side" out. Both she and the pastoral counselor agreed nobody should be around that. I actually read a book about exorcism because it was so creepy. Unfortunately, narcs aren't so easily cured. The one cure is no contact.

This is even more than they were charging for their Disney-bound cos play workshop in a rented chateau. €2300 as I recall. But that was with no teacher, just Fiona.
How much!??? Bloody Hell! It’s almost making Selmar and Tatty’s daft circus proposal look plausible. 😮😵💫🤑

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Excellent retelling of the story of Narcissus. Thank you Princess and the Pea.
I have an observation to add - SJ might not yet be quite comfortable with the two new volunteers, English Emily and Ukrainian Navlina, so she is making absolutely sure Dan is 100% on her side, should she need another ally besides the bully. The awe struck Dan, then talks up SJ to the new volunteers who also fall under the spell. Hence, SJ must be the most wonderful person in the world because, look how she treats Dan! And aren't we so lucky to be here because we could just melt in adoration when SJ pays us attention.
Thank you. I watched a tv show where Stephen Fry a UK actor/author type - (not being patronising but each country has their own celebs-so not sure how well known he is) was talking about a book he'd written about Greek mythology and he's such an erudite person he just sold it to me. It's fasciinating how many words are into our language that we don't know the origins of. Just like the tale of Narcissis where both Echo & Nemisis are mentioned. The nub of Narcissist tale is that he fell in love with not himself - but the IMAGE of himself. So you are right, it is all about how she appears to the world. She's actually always anxious about how she is perceived, people are either friend or foe.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
“Whilst” telling her Patreons that poor Dan needed a break and so she, kind understanding soul that she is , has sent him to spend some time with family and friends
Hang on, stop! He is ACTUALLY going abroad to buy chocolate? Or is this a joke?

So during the plumbing incident Dan was constantly “called” to come to the chateau to help out when he actually lived there?
Yup, all lies.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Always wanted a Rolox watch from a bloke on the beach!

Love Fanny’s seduction technique for Dan. Chuck a picnic basket in a digger and crush it twice between some rocks - stay classy!
Let me tell you, I was the proud owner of a Rovex watch, bought it in a market in Turkey, when I wound it up, the hands started going backwards, next day the hour hand fell off. Wonder if the Rovex was under warranty?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.