The Chateau Diaries #121 SJ wants 5* for 1* price while her guests get 1* for price of 5*

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been watching videos of the couple in Belgium renovating an old farmhouse. I love it. They work so hard. I Have been watching them for a while. I will keep watching them. I know others here do also because they have been mentioned them. They come from Kyev.
That's their home. They were raised there. Met there, Married there. They have not filmed anything in over a week other than to say they would not filming for a while. They showed a very very short film of them rushng to the boarder to pick up family. Im pretty sure we all know how bad this is. Things may seem frivalous compared...and they do.
But I cant fall apart. THis is so off topic but its important.
You cant stop moving forward and curl up if you dont have too. So Move forward as hard as it maybe. I cant imagin and hope I never in my life have too but this is what lt is. Its will eat you up. This is a place you can try to fogot it for a while. If I let go of all I knew before Covid... before this? Im afraid Ill never get mysef back. You cant dwell on this. You just cant
I saw this De Hoeve Old Belgian Farm Renovation video too, and found it very moving. The family work so hard. They must be devastated about what's happening to their families in Kyev. Puts things in perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ok, with the new refrigerators that Stephanie Jarvis is supposedly going to order, there are several ways she can mess things up.

They won’t fit down the hall or around the corners into the new weird area, we all see that one coming.

She also needs to think about leaving enough space for the refrigerator doors to open properly. It would be so paarfect if everything is jammed into the space and the doors on the new appliances can only open up 15 degrees or so.

Also, it is hard to find a refrigerator that is beautiful on the inside.

I hope that Dan the gardener puts the old shelves back up on the walls and they actually hang meat from the hooks. Just like the Marquis and his family have done for generations. I would love to see meat juices drip down on to the tops of the refrigerators, down into the doors and inside to the beautiful interiors. Also the tops of the fridges will make a lovely rodent ramp back up to the meat hooks and shelves.

I’m sure everything is going to turn out lovely and be finished in a timely manner!
Also refrigerators need space in the back to let the compressors vent- that place is closet- and will become a hot closet filled with burnt out appliances by the summer. Idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have been watching videos of the couple in Belgium renovating an old farmhouse. I love it. They work so hard. I Have been watching them for a while. I will keep watching them. I know others here do also because they have been mentioned them. They come from Kyev.
That's their home. They were raised there. Met there, Married there. They have not filmed anything in over a week other than to say they would not filming for a while. They showed a very very short film of them rushng to the boarder to pick up family. Im pretty sure we all know how bad this is. Things may seem frivalous compared...and they do.
But I cant fall apart. THis is so off topic but its important.
You cant stop moving forward and curl up if you dont have too. So Move forward as hard as it maybe. I cant imagin and hope I never in my life have too but this is what lt is. Its will eat you up. This is a place you can try to fogot it for a while. If I let go of all I knew before Covid... before this? Im afraid Ill never get mysef back. You cant dwell on this. You just cant
Wise words. Many are going through traumatic and uncertain times and as we deal with pain and loss in different ways, now is a time to be easy on ourselves and others, acknowledging that whether we rage, cry or laugh in the face of adversity it’s our way and it’s okay. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anybody believe Fanny spends SO much time editing? She sure does use it chronically as ab excuse for not being present, or not getting things done. If she really needs to do so much editing, I have to wonder why? Is there so much that needs to be hidden? I think she should just "go live", as then there is no need to waste any time editing. Someone, somewhere mentioned that they use the touch pads on their laptops instead of a more efficient mouse, and said that's the reason it takes all these people so long to edit.
Idiots

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I would put money on Snorts not going anywhere (apart from his lame theatre show) UNTIL Steph finds a replacement, from where we have to wonder ? If there is some man out there who has deep pockets, likes all that she does, could whisk her to a life of real luxury not needing Emmaus and could help save her chateau Snorts would be dropped like a stone. The chances of that are more likely because of her 'fame' than just living in HMN but then it has shown her true colours so may put possible suitors off. Her "for show" affection at that piano was excruciating. They just do not show on screen chemistry or seem believable other than appearing as 'work'? colleagues. I just dont know where they will be in 5 years ? His parents must despare and be totally embarrassed at their sons behaviour on the www. for all to see being the paid gigilo to a woman their age.
I’m not sure SJ actually wants a wealthy man…she probably prefers to hold the purse strings in the relationship so that she’s in control. Although, I do think she needs a strong figure or personality in her life to control her scatterbrained and impulsive decisions. She needs a partner who doubles as a “father figure” to exert some control. (Wow…that sounds misogynistic! That’s not my intention…but in the case of SJ, she could really use someone to rein her in… And that person isn’t Snorts!).

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Ok, with the new refrigerators that Stephanie Jarvis is supposedly going to order, there are several ways she can mess things up.

They won’t fit down the hall or around the corners into the new weird area, we all see that one coming.

She also needs to think about leaving enough space for the refrigerator doors to open properly. It would be so paarfect if everything is jammed into the space and the doors on the new appliances can only open up 15 degrees or so.

Also, it is hard to find a refrigerator that is beautiful on the inside.

I hope that Dan the gardener puts the old shelves back up on the walls and they actually hang meat from the hooks. Just like the Marquis and his family have done for generations. I would love to see meat juices drip down on to the tops of the refrigerators, down into the doors and inside to the beautiful interiors. Also the tops of the fridges will make a lovely rodent ramp back up to the meat hooks and shelves.

I’m sure everything is going to turn out lovely and be finished in a timely manner!
I hope we see Snorts being hung up on the shelves for not doing any work (ever). If he wears his dungarees no string required.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
mussels are not a foreign concept..at all... here in The Netherlands..he is just an alien..
Indeed! I found them on practically every menu there!😆😆

I’m not sure SJ actually wants a wealthy man…she probably prefers to hold the purse strings in the relationship so that she’s in control. Although, I do think she needs a strong figure or personality in her life to control her scatterbrained and impulsive decisions. She needs a partner who doubles as a “father figure” to exert some control. (Wow…that sounds misogynistic! That’s not my intention…but in the case of SJ, she could really use someone to rein her in… And that person isn’t Snorts!).
I was thinking the opposite, that somewhere deep down, very deep down she has maternal instincts!😜

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I would put money on Snorts not going anywhere (apart from his lame theatre show) UNTIL Steph finds a replacement, from where we have to wonder ? If there is some man out there who has deep pockets, likes all that she does, could whisk her to a life of real luxury not needing Emmaus and could help save her chateau Snorts would be dropped like a stone. The chances of that are more likely because of her 'fame' than just living in HMN but then it has shown her true colours so may put possible suitors off. Her "for show" affection at that piano was excruciating. They just do not show on screen chemistry or seem believable other than appearing as 'work'? colleagues. I just dont know where they will be in 5 years ? His parents must despare and be totally embarrassed at their sons behaviour on the www. for all to see being the paid gigilo to a woman their age.
I am just wondering if her grand plan for the future is to sell the Chateau to Amaury's parents. Her jaunting about with Ollie could also be a pretext to find a new place to live, and a new vlog to earn a living. Bet the grannies would gladly follow her. I can see no other reason why none of the projects get finished, and she is away a lot of the time. It is a beautiful property that she simply has no interest in. She is a total scatterbrain.

Reactions: 15
Spaghetti alla Puttanesca is an Italian pasta dish said to have been invented in Naples in the mid-20th century. The name translates directly from Italian as "prostitute-style spaghetti", but don't get carried away! It is said that the etymological meaning of the dish's name is associated with courtesans from earlier times who liked to eat the dish because it was quick and easy to prepare between 'dates', or perhaps because it smelled so good that it attracted potential customers from the streets. But neither story really sounds convincing.
Food historian Jeremy Parzen, on the other hand, claims that the name has more to do with the practical use of the word puttanesca in Italian than with its direct translation: Italians use the word 'puttana' in much the same way we use the word 'tit', as a commonly used swear word. According to his theory, the name refers to the ingredients and the fact that this dish is made from food leftovers, so to speak, i.e. the "tit" that you still have lying around in the kitchen.

An article in the newspaper 'Il Golfo' from 2005 explains that the dish was invented in the 1950s by Sandro Petti, the co-owner of Rancio Fellone, a famous restaurant and nightclub on Ischia, when he had to quickly cook something for a group of customers shortly before closing time. Because he was running low on ingredients, he told the customers there wasn't enough left to cook a meal out of, but the customers complained and insisted on eating, saying "Cook us some rubbish." So he cooked a dish for the group out of four tomatoes, two olives and some capers and because it apparently tasted really good he later wrote it on the menu as Spaghetti alla Puttanesca. This story has never been proven, but it is a good representation of how such a dish might have come about and how the name was arrived at.

Ingredients these days usually include tomatoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic and when you arrive at your holiday accommodation in Naples, you absolutely must take the time to seek out this simple and fascinating pasta dish. No doubt you will find plenty of restaurants serving this dish!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I’ve been making this for years. My twist: olive oil, minced garlic (10 cloves), fire roasted tomatoes, sliced black olives, chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, simmer. Served over spinach fettuccini, garnished with crumbled feta cheese (for the saltiness). Served with garlic toast.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Stop cutting down African rainforests just so you can embellish a guest room in a shittoo of inconsequence !!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
OMG are those Phiphis ribs? That is not normal!
No. It’s marks from his jacket because it’s too tight. It’s also an indication of how dehydrated he is from all of the puking up his food.

Anne Marie. The pressure on all the main players at the Shittoo is increasing. I think Anne Marie knows he is for a crappy few months. The pressures on him are amping up daily.

He moved all of his equipment to France, spent weeks setting up his workshop. He is now stuck there and cannot leave easily. He is in a dirty, cold, damp room at the Shittoo eating crap food.

His parents have drunk heavily from the Fanny kool aid. They are just giddy filming with her and praise her non-stop. I think they put pressure on Anne Marie to help Fanny, as it helps themselves. His mother seems to be as critical at times like mini apron, and Anne Marie seems to take a lot of not so great commentary from his mother.

Anne Marie was supposed to do the grand salon paneling. He has been at the shittoo for months but hasn’t made much progress. He finds out the paneling is tit and doesn’t fit the room. It is not of the age and quality that had been represented to him. He realizes the window framing in the room are rotten and need to be dealt with and has to come up with a plan for the wet walls. He has to do all this while having a pink phone jammed in his face at random intervals and being asked to perform like a court jester on command.

Fanny pulls the old “bait and switch” routine on him. Once he moved onto the premises, Stephanfraudie gets rid of Ian and other workers, and then daily adds to an extensive list of projects she wants Anne Marie to complete: the downstairs loo plumbing, etc., fix the windows in attic, all the broken tit she found when “cleaning” out the attics with Potts and Phi Phi, the jobs that Ian wasn’t able to complete, the floor in Narnia, etc. It is an ever growing list. The ever cheap Stephanfraudie isn’t paying him more money, and has now tripled his workload, and reduced the amounts she has to pay out monthly to Ian, the digger guy, etc. It also gives her an excuse to slow her Shittoo projects down and put the blame on Anne Marie. She takes advantage of his relationship to “Cuz” to force additional duties on him and to exploit him constantly for her Youtube fodder to earn herself hundreds of thousands of dollars. She exploits his appearance without shame to benefit herself and doesn’t care if it bothers him or not. She has no boundaries, just greed for money and attention to enrich herself.

Anne Marie can’t even focus on the grand salon because he has to deal with all of the daily “emergencies” or sudden whims of Fanny at the Shittoo, e.g., the radiators are leaking again, the ceiling fell in (Potts: let me go find a bottle of wine, I’m not going to help with this. Anne Marie deals with ineptness and arrogance of the other 50% Shittoo owners who don’t lift a finger to help him deal with emergencies on the property that they own)., dismantling and putting back together yet another wardrobe to be lugged up the Narnia, working on the Davy crap tree project, etc.,, fixing the digger, etc. He cannot finish one project in peace. It must be frustrating being thrust into the hourly drama and daily chaos of the Shittoo.

Stephanfraudie has essentially turned him into the project manager and custodian of the structural welfare of the entire Shittoo, dumping all of the responsibilities and stressors on him, while expecting him to adhere to her ever changing schedule of needs and wants. She used him as her flying monkey to get rid of Ian.

Stage 5 clinger Nutty doesn’t let Anne Marie take a breath without her by his side. Think of all the past videos when Fanny surprises Anne Marie in the workshop and Natty is chatting away or scurries out of the camera lens. They are together 24/7 now and with the added burdens of the B&B incessant filming, deadlines for Anne Marie to finish projects for the DIY show, please his parents and cater to Fanny, and put out fires on the shittoo premises daily, it must be a stressful existence. Nutty is also trying to get a trap baby to tie him down for years. If they broke up, his life at the Shittoo would be totally unbearable.

The B&B is starting up for the next few months. Anne Marie is the only person on the premises full time that speaks fluent French and seems to have a bit of a conscience, Fanny is starting to travel for the next few weeks, and the Shittoo tit show will be on Anne Marie’s shoulders. Anne Marie is getting fed up with Fanny’s demands for instant gratification and her selfishness and is starting to assert himself. Remember when Fanny wanted to him to immediately run from the kitchen to film the grand salon while he was drinking champagne, and he had to ask, “Can I not even finish my drink first?”

It is also frustrating to watch phi phi prance around playing lord of the manor and doing no physical labor to pitch in and help.
What do you think?
Anne Marie? Bae is that you? We sorry for you. Run!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Latest CD vlog.

They have definitely no boundaries regarding their privacy. The first minutes of the vlog are shocking : filming the Chatelaine calling her elderly mother who is in her hospital bed just after surgery for the entire world to see it ?? And all the "I love you Mamaaan" ??

Disturbing - for the viewers and for this family. Something is really wrong with them.

Harder and harder to watch them now.
All quite off putting. I thought on this Venice trip the strain is beginning to show on her face. It was the least 'put together' I've ever seen her.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
I was thinking the opposite, that somewhere deep down, very deep down she has maternal instincts!😜
She might have some maternal instincts deep down….deep, deep, deep, deep, deep down! Once you think you’ve gotten deep enough…keep going…you ain’t there yet! 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm 100% certain that FRK didn't leave those flower arrangements. FRK arrived, stayed 1 night, picked up her remaining stuff and left pronto before Fanny returned. Natti likely popped into the local florist/market stall and tossed some blooms in a couple of jars. All smoke & mirrors. Just like all of Fanny's other discards, FRK is likely never been seen or heard of again.
I think it was David the cleaner ... sounds like he was staying in the old shack while they were gone ... probably gave up on cleaning and took up flower arranging :)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Another top tier withdraws. 6 in total this month. Take heart guys and gals. This is the biggest drop in top tier supporters. I hope more see the light.
Stephanie Jarvis of Chateau Lalande YouTube is not being upfront with her accounts for the Patreon association she created.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I felt sorry for cleaner Davy in the last vlog when he was helping with the unloading. He had the pink phone shoved in his face and was forced to perform, but it's clear he doesn't do banter to order. Then when the job was finished neither Dan nor Amaury or SJ said thank you to him; they had their backs turned and he sort of lamely wandered off.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
All quite off putting. I thought on this Venice trip the strain is beginning to show on her face. It was the least 'put together' I've ever seen her.
She is in a constant hyper state- her countenance is a in a feverish twisted grimace in these vlogs- alarming- is this acting?

Reactions: 16
My sentiments exactly @Espe. I stopped taking photos of worldwide destinations I visit years ago, simply because, who the hell would want my photos/videos or remember what they meant to me when I am gone? My son wouldn't know where 75% of them were taken or, most likely, the majority of the people featured in them. Generally, from my experience, most end up in a charity shop, which unfortunately I have personally seen the evidence of that being the case.

It's a given. My thoughts, feelings and memories are my own and my personal experience of where I have been throughout my life, and most especially, how I felt in those moments too.

Obviously, I have kept photos of family portraits/gatherings over the past 100 years, and recently started writing on the back of each who/what they represent within my very large family history.

BTW, I would make an absolute crap vlogger because I would be far too engrossed in the moment in any given "place". Suits me.
This is an excellent point. My parents had kept video and photos of their holidays to Hawaii in the 1970s .... when they passed last year I just chucked all those things, they meant nothing to us kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.