The Chateau Diaries #120 Misfits Hysteria, histrionics and hysterical laughter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will not watch GAG, stopped a while ago ... just reading your comments here has me SO angry. This is not pretty or inspiring, it is obscene greed. It's not "tricky", just nicely ask people to stop. Vet some good charities and give them the link to send their money directly to. This isn't brain surgery.
Why does Fanny not show a photograph of the charity cheque each month, showing who the recipient is. I think I already can answer that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
What I don’t get is why the local post office staff haven’t commented to local officials - even in casual conversation, the amount of “gift” parcels being delivered to the local farmhouse. And inadvertently draw attention to …(I don’t know)….something unusual.
I mean even (illegal) cannibals growers have been found out through high electricity usage (in countries where illegal). Stephanie Markle has stated several times the parcel unwrapping is 6 months behind. That is dozens of parcels to be processed and stored and delivered by the local post office. Possibly requiring extra staff.
@Clara Burnett is the local post office in the closest village? I’m imagining something small.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What I don’t get is why the local post office staff haven’t commented to local officials - even in casual conversation, the amount of “gift” parcels being delivered to the local farmhouse. And inadvertently draw attention to …(I don’t know)….something unusual.
I mean even (illegal) cannibals growers have been found out through high electricity usage (in countries where illegal). Stephanie Markle has stated several times the parcel unwrapping is 6 months behind. That is dozens of parcels to be processed and stored and delivered by the local post office. Possibly requiring extra staff.
@Clara Burnett is the local post office in the closest village? I’m imagining something small.
If my memory serves me well there is a daily van delivery from La Poste to Le Lande. . A yellow van. I guess it's pretty much just their post that comes in that van. In my rural location Madam La Poste comes by every day and stuffs things in my post box but that van goes to several houses in the little hamlets round and about.

Reactions: 15
Interesting! I didn’t know that….

I meant the difference is that it’s is very uncommon here for someone to have leasehold. But yes, the rules seem exactly the same…
With al those companies and property alone it is a huge task for an accountant...let alone all that grifting and shuvelling with money...the man or woman must really be familiar with France and the uk taxrules...or it becomes a real mess...Fanny also has to be very good at bookkeeping herself..which i doubt....otherwise the mess is getting ever bigger...no wonder it takes so long...this is never gonna work out well in the end..

Reactions: 21
I would imagine that La Poste might start charging business costs for that amount of parcels.

Reactions: 12
That old hag Isabelle Jarvis putting her glasses on that poor baby's face. There's an image I will not easily be able to erase from my retina. If you haven't watched the vlog, don't. It's vomit inducing.
I couldn’t watch that video, and I didn’t watch it. It’s the first time I’ve done that. The thumbnail alone was enough to make me sick. Several years ago, I volunteered at an orphanage with several friends. I painted two rooms and helped fix a few things. But we were never near any of the children. I didn’t even see any of them. Many times, the children are traumatized or came from a traumatic situation. Having strangers come in and out of their world (even with the best intentions) can be re-traumatizing. Just seeing the thumbnail on her video was vomit inducing to me.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I am not giving away my identity by revealing I have personally voiced my concern about the ongoing grifting on her gift channel to Stephanie Jarvis, because I'm certainly not alone in this. Many have spoken about it to her, in good faith, with no voices raised, asking her kindly to end this insanity because it not only reflects bad on her but could eventually get very dangerous. Every time someone speaks to her about it though, she tosses all concern aside by warbling the same excuse: "But people WANT to send me gifts!"

There's many a post in our older threads written about our suspicions that the Jarvisses have been "Granny Farming" to get to where they are now.
At this point, both Stephanie and Phillip are just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. They will go down at some point.

I don’t understand where the Jarvis family came up with their wealth. Her father came from a modest background. They way mini apron talked about her upbringing, it didn’t seem like she was indulged in her youth. The Jarvis family purchased a large estate home and turned it into a private nursing home for Alzheimer patients.

This is all 100% speculation but I was trying to figure out how Isabelle and Don Jarvis could come up with enough money to own and sell a couple of nursing homes, have enough money to retire at 50(ish) for mini apron, own various homes, and give Fanny about a million+ dollars to have a London apartment, ½ the Shittoo, and put $300,000+ in restoration fees into the Shittoo. They lavished Fanny with tons of expensive gifts and furnishings throughout her lifetime (the grand piano Fanny didn’t know how to play), etc. Then still own a home in England, a beach house in Africa, an apartment in France?, etc. I remember something about her father being injured. Did he receive an insurance payment since he could not longer work or did someone else injury him?

It seems like the Jarvis family also received a lot of furniture and items from their previous occupants of the nursing home, e.g., the cocktail corner cabinet, grand piano, furniture in the bedrooms at the Shittoo, etc.

Prior to the vlogs, the Jarvis family certainly didn’t seem to throw anything away or donate anything to others. Fanny comes by her hoarding honestly. I think it may have been from her father. He seemed to spend money constantly at auctions, antique stores, brocantes, etc. during his lifetime.

Were the Alzheimers patients privately paying for their stays in the Isabelle nursing homes?

I don’t know how that works in England. If the did run a private pay nursing facility, Isabelle probably got to hand pick which people she admitted for care. Did she admit wealthy patients with no immediate families or few living family members? Did some former patients give them their furniture upon their death or if they downsized or had to sell their homes to be admitted for Alzheimer’s care? Did the Jarvis family charge very high rates for wealthy patient? Did former patients leave their properties or monies to the Jarvis family?

I ask that because we had a minister in our town that would target widows or elderly people who didn’t have many close relatives around, befriend them, and suddenly when these people died, the minister was receiving a lot of bequests in their wills and became very wealthy.

As with any financial issue with the Jarvis crew, the waters are always murky.
In my experience, (knowing many 'arrivistes), 'instant' wealth coming from apparently nowhere is nearly always associated with illegal practices early on in the empire building. There are of course many successful and honest hard working people who have achieved wealth but somehow I don't feel this is how the Jarvis wealth was accumulated.
Owning a Care Home in the 1980's was a licence to print money in the UK, but how they managed to buy the Country House in the first place, competing with the deep pockets of property developers, is still a mystery to me given their 'lowly' background. Nursing was/is seen as a vocation and was historically never well paid. Isabelle Jarvis is ruthless and false with a grin to equal that of a cat just as it is about to pounce on its victim, I would put nothing past her in her pursuit of money. Hideous woman with an equally hideous daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Except, at this point in the game he's just a guilty. He just might be stupid enough to bring himself down too.
i think he brought himself down already...exposing yourself on Yt..like the way he does... :oops: it will always stay somewhere...no matter how much you delete...Who on earth will take this clown on as a worker?? i for sure wouldnt..

He will never go quietly....she has to pay him for keeping his mouth shut..believe me...otherwise he will spill the beans...She may think she can handle him...but oh... she will be so wrong.. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It really is "Let them eat cake", isn't it? "Food we can't eat": the edible gifts they receive are things like cake; biscuits; chocolates, and other sweets, none of it is actual food. People who have to go to food banks are looking for real food so that their families can actually survive. Children, of course, like to have treats but PJ cannot fool himself or anyone else that their "generous" donations of "food we can't eat" are doing the slightest thing to help any families who can't afford to put food on their table and are hungry. "Let them eat our leftover candy, look at how charitable we are, folks!". Look at the amount and cost of food they consume at Christmas and the other parties; she always buys far more than they can possibly use and I expect a lot of it goes on Selmar's compost heap. They disgust me!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Thought as much. The ground floor was originally a pub although might not still be the case today.
The Cloudesley Arms Public House, Islington, London (britishlistedbuildings.co.uk)
Islington is now a very expensive upmarket, trendy part of London, wasn't always so but the entire area went through a huge rehabilitation programme during the mid-late 20 century.
I would hazard a guess that all the original directors, maybe recently Oxford graduated pals who lived in the 4 flats above, were one day sitting in the pub and thought, hey, we should call our soon to be formed company, Cloudesley Arms Limited - so original, NOT!
This company could have been created in the first instance, so that the leasehold flat owners could purchase the freehold, which is not unusual but, don't quote me. Reading newer posts, just noticed that @NotAChatelaine reached the same conclusion.
This is the area where currently SJ owns her flat, but from memory, not this address.
It's a grade 2 listed building but no longer a pub. Appears to have been renovated in a flat/flats and probably being rented out. More rental income for Fanny?

Reactions: 11
It really is "Let them eat cake", isn't it? "Food we can't eat": the edible gifts they receive are things like cake; biscuits; chocolates, and other sweets, none of it is actual food. People who have to go to food banks are looking for real food so that their families can actually survive. Children, of course, like to have treats but PJ cannot fool himself or anyone else that their "generous" donations of "food we can't eat" are doing the slightest thing to help any families who can't afford to put food on their table and are hungry. "Let them eat our leftover candy, look at how charitable we are, folks!". Look at the amount and cost of food they consume at Christmas and the other parties; she always buys far more than they can possibly use and I expect a lot of it goes on Selmar's compost heap. They disgust me!
I’m thinking the “food we can’t eat” is what’s spoiled because it sat for weeks amongst all the other boxes and parcels in the farmhouse before finally being opened. So it finally gets opened and “donated” to the trash. The place must wreak from spoiled food waiting to be opened.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Why does Fanny not show a photograph of the charity cheque each month, showing who the recipient is. I think I already can answer that one.
Quite convenient how they can taut up the monthly charity donation but can't produce any other accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
:mad:
Philip Janssen
27 minutes ago
It’s a tricky situation as people generously send us gifts and this is our way of trying to pass on the kindness we receive. Regardless of that, I don’t think we’d ever be able to raise €24,000+ a year to send to charity any other way. Also, food we cannot eat we give to people in need.
Firstly; Thank you @KiKiGee for capturing this comment on here.
Secondly; I am actually prickling with anger. I can’t type the words I’m so mad, hatred will spew along with a lot of swearing so I’ll let the more eloquent lay into this lowlife.
Thirdly; SJ wow you’ve excelled yourself. Nice choice of bf! Birds of a feather hey??

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
So… does this mean her London flat is a leasehold and not a freehold
Maybe they jointly owned some other property/properties of which they were/are freeholders and other people, leaseholders, pay ground rent to them. This would mean she has more property than we already know of! Nothing would surprise me.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh sweet Lord he is so useless- Stephanie must understand at this point she has put her brand on the line by backing this empty mirror- Philip has neither the experience or finesse to navigate these waters- I wish she would focus and not throw it all away. Clearly the reason I am here (we all are here?) is because I’m disappointed. Stephanie has a real talent hosting and engaging people in a delightful way- or HAD I guess- now she is a caricature of herself- because maybe she was overwhelmed by her sudden popularity and she didn’t believe it was just her charisma alone that made her Diaries successful. But it WAS her charisma and her diligence with vlogging that made it a success. The waters have been muddied, the leeches are attached and she is drowning.
It was never real. She’s always been out for one person, Stephanie Jarvis. Folks with narcissistic tendencies can appear very charismatic, it’s called “love bombing”. They are transactional beings. They have no empathy for the blight of others. It’s best to keep that in mind when judging the “good works” of Stephanie Jarvis and others around her. They are most likely using each other. Yesterday’s vlog emphasized the fact that she will stoop as low as she needs to to make herself look good. She definitely misread the room on this one, as is typical behavior for her. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 21
should not be left in the hands of an underdeveloped young adult
Trouble is she is no more developed or mature than he is, despite her age. No one in that establishment could be regarded as an adult, except perhaps for Amaury and Nic's Marie but even she seems to support the gift grabs!

That is a great idea. She could make videos highlighting particular charities that she has found that are legitimate and well administered and then read out the names of those viewers who are verified contributors - that way they all get their little moment in the sun.
That would require some research and hard work, far too much effort for La Jarvis, she needs her party time!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.