The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Breaking off some of crumbling exterior like the Berlin Wall. :ROFLMAO:
frk Instagram story recently was picture perfect chateau that they visited. Immediately after that it was followed by a couple of chat o exteriors almost like it was focused on the crumbly walls 😂. Not sure if it was planned or just unfortunate coincidence

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Patreon’s tax help page is frustratingly vague. It says some EU countries do consider Patreon income as taxable, but then says that they are unable to give specific fiscal advice in the case of it being a charitable foundation because EU countries again apply different tax laws.

There is one thing that is absolutely certain - if SJ can fiddle her way out of paying tax on the Patreon money she will find a loophole!!! Perhaps her friend H can advise her?

Reactions: 3
Teacher head on here..... “THERE money????”
Fanny's degree was apparently in English, so I really can't imagine that slipping past her. Probably Baby Phil in his new role.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
if it’s two years then he has some time. I’m sure he will move on elsewhere long before then.
I was thinking a while ago though could he not move it into a barn over winter. It must be so cold. Or maybe it’s warmer than in the chato
His van is very warm - he said so himself whilst laughing at them cold in the big chateau before christmas. He has a modern motorhome that will run on a diesel heating system with perhaps the ability to also use gas as a fuel. Don't worry about Selmar, he is toasty in his van. He's got the best room in la la lande.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It's time for an Awfully Big Adventure! Marie, Philip and I jump into the car and escape from Lalande to explore another stunning chateau - Le Fleur in Honfleur. We finally meet it's charming owners, Anna & Philipp, after watching and thoroughly enjoying their own YouTube channel, @How To Renovate A Chateau We both star in the British Channel 4 TV show 'Escape to the Chateau DIY' but had never had a chance to meet in person before, so this was a long hoped for and very exciting visit for me!!!

Fanny's introduction to tonight's vlog. Note that she doesn't appear, she stars. Make way for Fanny Desmond.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Apparently the dog can't do stairs and yes he (Selmar not Diesal) has commented his van is warmer than the Chateau. SJ expkained on a vlig somewhere hecis happier in camper. Imagine you just want to read a book - where do you go for space? Poor Cat used to read in the upstairs corridor and fans on youtube accused her of stealing she some paper headgehog thing (which she just placed in the open area for decor. No mention of that by SJ on MP2's youtube missive but it's in the CATC vlogs). I've always wondered where he showers. He'd have to use a guest room bathroom built into an alcove/cupboard.
He has a shower in his van. I wouldn't be surprised if he has hotter water than the chateau. He may not use it though and shower in the chateau considering the dust he gets covered with working for SSB.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
frk Instagram story recently was picture perfect chateau that they visited. Immediately after that it was followed by a couple of chat o exteriors almost like it was focused on the crumbly walls 😂. Not sure if it was planned or just unfortunate coincidence
Prince Philip loves to throw anything in SJ’s face.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The problem is that even if all the patron money is used for renovations, it indirectly affects all of the shat-o dealings. More restoration means more content for the YT vlogs. Which in turn means more money for SJ and her employees.
I think it's fair to say that it's not an issue the money she received from YouTube and brand deals.

I always thought the issues were ;
  1. Use of slave-like volunteers for work that should be done by artisans
  2. No-restorations is done on the structural level - only cosmetics so far. oh and one door with double-glazed windows
  3. The all shenigan with the C@TC where vulnarable people send - cheap and tacky stuff and/or family heirloom when she doesn't need it.
  4. EDIT **as dear The Soloist noted** The way they deal very poorly and dare I say dangerously with COVID-19
I have no complain with the fact that she makes money on Youtube like a bunch of entertainer on this media or that she ask for money on Patreon. People do what they wannt with their money. She does need to be more open on her spending with them.

It's true also that she should not use the '' I am poor card'' if it's not the case and people should not be lead to believe that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think it's fair to say that it's not an issue the money she received from YouTube and brand deals.

I always thought the issues were ;
  1. Use of slave-like volunteers for work that should be done by artisans
  2. No-restorations is done on the structural level - only cosmetics so far. oh and one door with double-glazed windows
  3. The all shenigan with the C@TC where vulnarable people send - cheap and tacky stuff and/or family heirloom when she doesn't need it.
I have no complain with the fact that she makes money on Youtube like a bunch of entertainer on this media or that she ask for money on Patreon. She does need to be more open on her spending with them.

It's true also that she should not use the '' I am poor card'' if it's not the case.
I thought there was also an issue with a large mix of people meeting at the chateau during the festive season?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They're all as bad as one another on the job front, but at least Petherick & Marie have tried & worked in various places unlike Jarvis who has cruised all through her 45 years.
Marie's now grabbing on Instagram (?) and Michael Petherdick needs to grow a pair and go and get a bloody job like every other adult in the world and stop asking people for money when he and Billy live in an enormous château (full of expensive antique French furniture) and drive around in an expensive Range Rover. They're all as bad as each other, leeching off other people! As for SJ, she's a silly little girl in an adult's body ... a real oddity!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry, didn't see that others had already commented on the mistake!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's time for an Awfully Big Adventure! Marie, Philip and I jump into the car and escape from Lalande to explore another stunning chateau - Le Fleur in Honfleur. We finally meet it's charming owners, Anna & Philipp, after watching and thoroughly enjoying their own YouTube channel, @How To Renovate A Chateau We both star in the British Channel 4 TV show 'Escape to the Chateau DIY' but had never had a chance to meet in person before, so this was a long hoped for and very exciting visit for me!!!

Fanny's introduction to tonight's vlog. Note that she doesn't appear, she stars. Make way for Fanny Desmond.
It's time for an Awfully Big Adventure! Marie, Philip and I jump into the car and escape from Lalande to explore the many ways we can catch and transmit covid during this pandemic

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.