The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, Dana the Diva. That explains why she feels the need to fight for the center of attention. Like SJ, she is another one who is having a difficult time accepting her age. Honestly, what 50 year old woman shows up for a Halloween party dressed as a skimpily clad Disney character? Just plain yuck!
To be fair, Dana works pretty hard for her place in the lala chicken coop. And also in real life. One of the few, I believe. But certainly not one of my favorites.

Reactions: 8
And can you imagine them asking... "where's my hedgehog tea towel, peacock painting, gardening gloves, hat, tat and porcelain rat?"
and imagine her running around like a headless chicken trying to find said tat and put it out on display...you know the kind of thing we've all done before when Aunty Betty turns up & you're having to hunt for that ugly china poodle she gave you for your birthday 2 years before!! 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 13
and imagine her running around like a headless chicken trying to find said tat and put it out on display...you know the kind of thing we've all done before when Aunty Betty turns up & you're having to hunt for that ugly china poodle she gave you for your birthday 2 years before!! 🤓
Yes.. been there, done that, and sometime live with the consequences of not having the energy to put it away..!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry, they will steal anything and everything they can get their hands on as a memento. Believe me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Had a super quick scan of a few pages of this little missive... I'd say SJ is in a quagmire of non compliance, grabbing money from all sources, paying people - How? are they domociled in France or not - it's a Minefield and she is stuck in the middle of it I would say - could be wrong, she could have a fabulous French accountant managing all her books and revenue streams but they don't come cheap even if she can offset their fee!
"...fabulous French accountant" - I seem to remember SJ saying during a CD last year she was going to use the Trotter Tribe's accountant, on MP's recommendation. Which caused my eyebrows to raise to the point of being airborne.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Sorry, they will steal anything and everything they can get their hands on as a memento. Believe me.
Problem solved - just leave the tat out and the disciples will slip it in their handbags. Phil of the Backstairs was waffling on about perhaps needing an embroidery machine, so he may have plans to run up embroidered HMN toilet roll covers, hot water bottle covers, embroidered brushed nylon bloomers. Could be a little gold mine!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Which group is this from? I thought Phillip is doing social media. Are they no longer deleting any comments that might people think / put one and one together

It would be good if they do take it on board. I don’t think it happens enough. They often film in advance. Maybe Phillip will up his game as co producer / director / artistic director of the chato diaries.
Michael is the same fella that I took a screen shot of previously, he was commenting on the YT video
Cool, as I dont wish to contribute in any way, shape or form, to the SJ purse, next time I see an ad that does not give me the option to skip but tells me I will see video after the 30, 15 whatever second ad ends, I'll frickin' well hop right off YT before that ad ends! Thank You.
I started using a browser called Vivaldi, and miraculously, it blocks all ads on YouTube! Its a dream to watch! If I like a video I hit the like button, but otherwise I am not adding to their pot unwittingly.

Reactions: 5
"...fabulous French accountant" - I seem to remember SJ saying during a CD last year she was going to use the Trotter Tribe's accountant, on MP's recommendation. Which caused my eyebrows to raise to the point of being airborne.
Crumpled notes stuffed in a paper bag, along with all of the Gift Grab sweetie wrappers.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
on a separate note all together, I cant seem to watch videos in order and somewhere it looked like they were getting rid of the peacocks at LaLaLand? why was that?

Reactions: 1
on a separate note all together, I cant seem to watch videos in order and somewhere it looked like they were getting rid of the peacocks at LaLaLand? why was that?
Only three of them, the other three stay at Lala. Too much🦚🦚🦚🦚🦚🦚

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure poor old Selmar has cottoned on ( or maybe he has?)

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 19.14.20.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Hello Guys and Girls, a few disclaimers up front; I am new to contributing (however, I have been viewing comments for a while), and I am a chateau owner located new CDLL. At first, I was over joyed at the ETTC C4 show, as it contributed to knowledge about what we chateau owners face. The introduction of local chateau owners on the DIY show. Then SJ started the vlogs, all very good and a semi-true reflection of life here. However, last May I contacted her regarding the gift giving. Expressed my concerns of the distaste of it, and the additional begging of MP and Marie. I was immediately attacked by idiots on her comment section. However, SJ herself seemed to be taking it on board via messages. TBH I was only communicated with as she knew I was a local chateau owner.

The situation we chateau’s (as mentioned previously) is they are money pits – you enter into this relationship (with the beast of a house) with full knowledge of this. Baseline is, she has been there 15 years and little structural work has been completed. Way too much money is spent on surface nonsense. Additionally, the privileged and moneyed background is screaming out to be disclosed, which Tattle has done. If she was as poor as she proclaims there are grants from AHAN which go to restoring old buildings. You can assess this money if you are of a low income. In assessing these grants you must disclose all income, for Miss SJ not to be able to avail herself of these grants means she is well above the threshold of income which a normal chateau owner would be.

As to a tax situation re Patreon income, this will be, as of yet be declared, as under FR law it is, as of yet not covered. Workaways have been removed, again for the legal reasons surrounding employing people in FR. The hours they worked etc. would have made them employees under FR law.

I also highlighted the jumping on the money train by MP and Marie; whilst I am sure are nice people this was tasteless and low behaviour. They are all fully aware the vast majority of people who are donating are vulnerable people for a variety of reasons. Therefore, after seeing the ‘hinting’ for items on vlogs I ceased to watch. Marie, again I have communicated with, and she is quite a rude person, trying to give allowance for cultural differences. However, she has never held down a job and is emotionally suspended in childhood. Also, why is she paying rent on stables, when she is compensating SJ with cooking and cleaning? MK vlog on D&A, legally speaking he did not mention the names therefore one could argue himself out of a legal fight. This would not go to court but a settlement talks. MK motives were quite simple, to damage another brand that he and SJ hope to replace. D&A will not retaliate as they will face many a CR claim to come whilst they are expanding their brand. MK incentive was to, in a very dysfunctional manner, enchant sympathy (the pity economy from which he does so well on P acc) and to bag possible sponsors or design deals. Again, this is very common in design world. However, I feel his P pennies would be better spend on a therapist and possible not dressing like a man who owns the manor house, as opposed to the cottage in the back of the manor. The arrested development and identity issues with all mentioned characters are a psychologist wet dream.
I'm a bit confused as to why it tasteless & low behaviour for Petherick & Marie to try to get a small bite of the massive Jarvis bowl of cherries? They're all as bad as one another on the job front, but at least Petherick & Marie have tried & worked in various places unlike Jarvis who has cruised all through her 45 years. Petherick vlog is laughable. No way would a professional outfit like the one he is making reference to have been foolhardy enough to not get it all belt & braces signed up. As for future copyright challenges I can't see what that is based on? I think I know who would benefit from a therapist session & it ain't the boy Petherick.

Reactions: 6
He also has self employed status in France.
Indeed he does, but according to French law, he does not qualify. He needs to have a minimum of three official clients, not SSB and one or two fake invoices to the Ians or whatnot. He is dancing with danger if he does not solve this problem, as the locals will hardly employ him; his credentials are insufficient to be employable as a proper tradesman in France.

Selmar is living under a false sense of security and I am sure she knows it - she just does not want to pay employer's insurance; very sneaky indeed.

I also hope he doesn't get silicosis working with those flagstones. 😔

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Cool, as I dont wish to contribute in any way, shape or form, to the SJ purse, next time I see an ad that does not give me the option to skip but tells me I will see video after the 30, 15 whatever second ad ends, I'll frickin' well hop right off YT before that ad ends! Thank You.
I’m right behind you. Take great pleasure in skipping any adverts. Don’t want SJ to get a dime more . Actively feel cross if I miss a ‘skip’. Something tells me I need to get a life ....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.