The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, edited my post!

Yes, there are roadblocks and police at the tolls. You might be right there! no one takes the scenic route if it adds 3 hours onto the trip.
Right and they wouldn’t have been able to produce a negative test as results weren’t due till the following day!

Reactions: 4
Jeeves Post 3683091 Which "Send Grannies Crap" or "Lalaland Grab-O_Fest" do I find the porcelain Rat? We start ETTCDIY next month in OZ and I don't watch CD or CATC unless there is something juicy mentioned in these threads. If there's a porcelain rat been sent to her surely that's a "F*#ck you Stephaneee"?
No. No porcelain rat. It just rhymed with hat and tat. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Why is SJ, almost in every vlog now, hinting at MP2 to come over to Lalande? If he is such a dear friend (one of her 'best friends’), and one who could use some real friendship at the moment (if we are to believe his latest performance), if she can travel, why hasn’t she done so? :unsure:
BIGGER A
Linus Post 3685803
"Cos he's tit in his own shoes and she doesn't want to get soiled. Remember she's a narc - REMEMBER? She's not a "friend" but she needs to be perceived as one. Whether his distress on the recent vlog is genuine or not, to the Sycophants and suckers (OO good thread name "Sycophants and Suckers") need to be fed the PERCEPTION that she is a caring friend. You can bet she hasn't actually phoned MPK and said "How are you? Tell you what, set aside all this crap and come over for a week or so. Chill out. We'll cook and get pissed and sleep and just switch the world off and give you some breathing space." No, if she did that he might say OK. He's soiled goods now and she doesn't want to be tainted by association when the BIG TV execs come calling with the Contract BIGGER AND BETTER THAN THE sTRAWBRIDGES BECAUSE, AFTER ALL, IT IS her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just to add to the conversation, and I should state that the reason I’m okay with paying for content is that, as an American, my cable bill is $200 a month. $5 a month to me is nothing. If SJ is cranking out 12-15 hours of programming a month it’s cheap. I have hundreds of channels and I don’t have anything to watch. I think the videos are welcome because it’s sort of reality, which is better than the canned diy shows we have over here.

On camera SJ comes across as a little nutty, which is entertaining, but the fact that she churns out the videos (some have a good deal of research that goes into them) makes her a bargain. She’s also a really good presenter. She seems to be highly motivated to make the money and I appreciate the hustle. She never misses putting out content and seems happy to have a “job”. She seems appreciative too. I know people in positions similar to hers and it could well be she’s never had a vocation or chance at one she’s liked because of her parents. She seems to be very happy and delivers what she says she’s going to deliver. She also has not, as of yet, flooded the merchandise or done a product placement, which is admirable.

I get where you’re coming from though. She’d be well served to shut the gift stuff down. But she’s trying to keep her fans happy. It may probably get to be too much. She’s much more appreciative than tv stars, they’d never do what she’s doing.

Her financial background is the elephant in the room as far as I’m concerned. She needs to find a way to do a reset on all of that and come clean, but some of us pay for the content and consider it a fair trade. We’re not doing it because we think she’s poor.
Very good points and you will see from threads there are many sensible suggestions and concerns raised to SJ from whom is representing her, copywrite, safety, tree risk re ivy behind chapel, etc. I for one love her earlier vlogs. Such suggestions can be helpful. Let us not forget the structural engineer watching MP2 cubby house reno who pointed out the lack of roof support which no Petherick or Sean or the timber cleaning man had noticed.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
BIGGER A
Linus Post 3685803
"Cos he's tit in his own shoes and she doesn't want to get soiled. Remember she's a narc - REMEMBER? She's not a "friend" but she needs to be perceived as one. Whether his distress on the recent vlog is genuine or not, to the Sycophants and suckers (OO good thread name "Sycophants and Suckers") need to be fed the PERCEPTION that she is a caring friend. You can bet she hasn't actually phoned MPK and said "How are you? Tell you what, set aside all this crap and come over for a week or so. Chill out. We'll cook and get pissed and sleep and just switch the world off and give you some breathing space." No, if she did that he might say OK. He's soiled goods now and she doesn't want to be tainted by association when the BIG TV execs come calling with the Contract BIGGER AND BETTER THAN THE sTRAWBRIDGES BECAUSE, AFTER ALL, IT IS her!
Do we know if she has been dropped from the ETTCDIY series as well yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just picture her as the Irish actor who plays Mrs. Brown in the UK TV series.
jEEVES pOST 3685997
Good pick but we'll have to ugly him up a bit. He should be available now MBBoy's is ending/has ended.

Just watched the joint vlog with Chateau La Fleur- Honfleur. Here are just a few points for your delight and delectation.
  • On being shown Philip's "Princess" bedroom (Fanny's term) she points out that the colour is SO similar to her bedroom at HMN! I 've been watching the wrong vlog. I though she had the bedroom with the gaudy fluorescent pink painter's tape border. Note to self: Get eye test pronto.
  • She takes a gift of some white plates ( not at all her usual flowery, ornate stuff) which Anna seems genuinely pleased with and thanks her (no effusive gushing) and the Boy Wonder immediately chips in to let Anna know that he knew what she'd like as he's been following her style. (Hmm -wonder if he has had a sniff of a more elegant life style and is about to try to jump ship?)
  • Fanny, having decided that she will have what she feels is the best room - it's green so she thinks it will be like having a holiday from her similar room!) visits Roadkill , who already tucked up in bed. She then visits Petite Philip in his pink room, where we find him ready for bed - in his green nightdress and with his floral chiffon robe all ready!!!
  • Finally - and this is the best bit, PP and LOLL discuss the height of the ceilings, when she says that the height is "Probably similar to our bedroom height!" I replayed it several times - definitely bedroom and not bedrooms, my bedroom or your bedroom.
Jeeves Post 3685903
Of course "Bedroom". He is, after all, "PAGE OF THE BS" - he sleeps curled up in the corner by the fire (broken radiator) like the good little King Charles Spaniel that he is. You have a dirty mind Jeeves - don't you go regularly into your Master Wooster's bedroom?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Agent ... ssss 007

when you retrobates
find time to return the bloody DB 5 7 9
Which I might add dint include blowing the bloody doors off !!!!!

I shall send in a crack team ✈ to repatriate you from your time at
chat oooo tart ville

mini apron - Helen mirren
LOTLL - patsy
MOLD - golem
Selmar - Geurard depardu
FRK - Chloe kardashian
( parrrfect bra less)
Uriah heep - Mr bean
Natti - Ruby wax
Hani - Cara Delavigne

Discuss 🎯
Swear to god I had mr bean in my head as BJJ
MOLD - Gollum 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
BIGGER A
Linus Post 3685803
Of course. Excuse the lack of clarity in the ironic delivery.

The only one buying her skin deep concern is herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re SJ not directly commenting in anyway on wallpaper-gate.
There were multiple suggestions on facebook that SJ and other presenters on ETTCDIY may have NDAs in place re any aspect of the presenters, similar to the embargo on showing rooms/projects which are part of show.
This explaination could have merit.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No. No porcelain rat. It just rhymed with hat and tat. 😁
NorrisCS Post 3687654
So trying to gaslight we Colonials old boy/girl hey? You know what you've done? Every time I go past a thrift shop I'm going to be impelled to go in looking for a porcelain rat to send to Crap ATC. There is a Royal Copenhagen mouse on a sugar lump that looks a bit ratlike but I wouldn't spend the money and Royal C wouldn't be snotty enough for her. If you're going for rhyme we have Shat already in place "She shat on the rat in a hat" or "The rat shat in the hat" - not at my best at this hour in the morning. Maybe it's time for some Haiku.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
MojoDublin Post 3685852
Trying to get an Emoji, a cocktail Martini or a DB out of MojoDublin is like getting a handshake from Paul Hollywood.

Agent 007

JEEVES please pull up a seat ..... Agent Fanny must be thirsty🍸
🍾 ... the cellar is at -4.... Spot of Bollie ? for you agent ??

🏆🏆 your awards for ideas ...all of them tonight spectaccculllar ...
🏍 DUCATTI
✈ LEARJET

🛸 try not to let anyone know .....Are you adverse to flying in the roswell spaceship ?
could have you in dublin in 4 hours :p

mmmmmm kk DB 5 7 9 are polished and ready to go ... keys
all available resources are at your disposal

personally placing the virtual cocktail ...on your bureau..🍸

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
Agent Fanny ..... M HERE

twice I've sent the bloody armed forces OPEN yer door :love:

💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫

• Haha
I could even stop by Spain at some point but I would need a negative test to enter Spain (done less than 72hours) but that's it.
Forgot to mention that the antigenic test in a pharmacy is only about 30Euros and the PCR one in a lab is about 55Euros.
But if you have a carte vitale (ie, if you have the free french universal healthcare, which you can apply for if you have been working or just residing in France for at least 3 months) then you don't even have to pay anything. It's all taken care of.
So let's just say that having to get tested would not be a big hurdle anyway in France.

Reactions: 8
NorrisCS Post 3687654
So trying to gaslight we Colonials old boy/girl hey? You know what you've done? Every time I go past a thrift shop I'm going to be impelled to go in looking for a porcelain rat to send to Crap ATC. There is a Royal Copenhagen mouse on a sugar lump that looks a bit ratlike but I wouldn't spend the money and Royal C wouldn't be snotty enough for her. If you're going for rhyme we have Shat already in place "She shat on the rat in a hat" or "The rat shat in the hat" - not at my best at this hour in the morning. Maybe it's time for some Haiku.
You may find one on Brenda’s new Facebook site - Frippery Bazaar I think it’s called.🦔

• Heart
  • Haha
I know, I asked the question...?
Ok, I wondered who it was.

I remember a video she did where she told the audience she was
Just watched the latest vlog. Can you imagine being stuck in a car for 6 hours with SJ and BJJ? OMG, the singing and laughing would drive me over the edge. SJ looks really dowdy in that skirt and sweater especially compared to the much more stylish Anna. Why would you wear a cotton skirt if it's so cold outside? To tell you the truth, I'm so sick of that skirt already. Even though this seemed to be Marie's gig, SJ took the biggest room for herself. I was thinking about some merchandise for the shat-o and came up with the laughing SJ. Have you ever seen the screaming goat? Well, you could have the laughing chatelaine. Whenever you wanted to annoy someone, just give a squeeze and out comes peals of laughter! I might even buy one. I really like SJ in a mask as it provides some relief from viewing that big mouth always being open.
Any value for Anna and plugging her chateau is not from the sweet but barely followed Marie. The value to her is all exposure through SJ‘s prominence and vlogging. I mean in the car we saw that SJ and Philip shared the driving as Marie “couldn’t drive a manual“. Also. Marie would have had to hire a vehicle and pay through the nose for that on her own. I do sometimes get the feeling Marie is at LaLande because she’s run out of options and came “home” because her last foray into England didn’t pan out. I can’t put my finger on it, but she seems dependent, even unhappy and quite snippy sometimes. Try to imagine what it must be like sharing aspects of your life on a YouTube video. If you feel even vaguely insecure it must be pretty hard going

Reactions: 7
Forgot to mention that the antigenic test in a pharmacy is only about 30Euros and the PCR one in a lab is about 55Euros.
But if you have a carte vitale (ie, if you have the free french universal healthcare, which you can apply for if you have been working or just residing in France for at least 3 months) then you don't even have to pay anything. It's all taken care of.
So let's just say that having to get tested would not be a big hurdle anyway in France.

And can people just be tested Willy nilly then?

like where I am you can get tested if you have symptoms or have been exposed to.
if someone go on holiday and need a test they need to pay privately for that.

OK...I'm in the dark here....who is MOLD?
Mpk aka man of the lost design ?

Ok, I wondered who it was.

I remember a video she did where she told the audience she was

Any value for Anna and plugging her chateau is not from the sweet but barely followed Marie. The value to her is all exposure through SJ‘s prominence and vlogging. I mean in the car we saw that SJ and Philip shared the driving as Marie “couldn’t drive a manual“. Also. Marie would have had to hire a vehicle and pay through the nose for that on her own. I do sometimes get the feeling Marie is at LaLande because she’s run out of options and came “home” because her last foray into England didn’t pan out. I can’t put my finger on it, but she seems dependent, even unhappy and quite snippy sometimes. Try to imagine what it must be like sharing aspects of your life on a YouTube video. If you feel even vaguely insecure it must be pretty hard going
oh absolutely but mari chose to be on cd and also chose to do her own yt to cash in.
I think she is just a loner and need her own space. She will probably thrive living alone or with just one person.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫Thread time 💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

took me all night to catch up

YOUR ALL HALERIOUS

found what i could .......thread will go before the morning

vote .....
please one of the other members whom know their way around
move us forward

Quote thread

1f9f5.png

votes
1f5f3.png

Krypgal
first said …

Tarts Boudoir and a smashed up car

Vaffle said:
Tarts Budoir, a pushup bra and a smashed car

PNO
King Charles Spaniel

Norris CS
Hat Tat and Porcelain rat
Hoarder Like No Other

FrannyBee
Active member "Sycophants and Suckers

She shat on the rat in a hat"

"The rat shat in the hat"

💫💫💫💫💫💫
Rory
Well-known member designed This ….Personally I hope its copyrighted …. hence its ON SHOW

dee330ce-79d5-4c54-b77b-34eb94a3deee-jpeg.402980.jpg

Reactions: 6
And can people just be tested Willy nilly then?

like where I am you can get tested if you have symptoms or have been exposed to.
if someone go on holiday and need a test they need to pay privately for that.
Yes you can just get tested just like that because you want to.
In a pharmacy it's an antigenic test and you get the results in 15/30min. (swab of saliva)
In a lab it's PCR (with long "thing" in the nose) and it's more like 24/48 hours results but can be faster or longer depending on where you live.
In both case they will ask you if you have symptoms but it doesn't really make a difference, perhaps for a PCR you will get the results faster if you do but that's it.
And I guess if you say it's because you want to travel, you might get a bad look from the pharmacist or the doctor/nurse, but that's it, you'll still get the test, you don't need to justify why and you dont need a doctor's prescription to prove symptoms...

France is still a bit slow and late on vaccines compared to the rest of Europe but it is now quite efficient regarding testing.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.