The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking of the Hotel Inspector a bit ago. She would have a hey day at the shat-o! First thing she would do is clear out all those volunteers and hire professionals. Next, clean up big time! No Marie Kondo nonsense for her. Get down and scrub those toilets. Toss out the dust collectors. Organize that kitchen. Get some decent heat going. Fix the damn shutters. Do something with the exterior. I don't know, it may be too much even for the Hotel Inspector.
Now there is a programme idea. The Chateau Inspector. I might pitch it to Channel 4.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Facts really don't mean nothing anyway
Sorry but the pedant in me has to point out that "facts that don't mean nothing", actually mean something.
Apologies, I just can't help myself. I spend far too much time with a red pen in my hand.🤭
I imagine we all bring aspects of our day jobs here but battle to keep them under control. As my other half frequently points out, "No-one like a smarty pants dear!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm not sure I took to the Honfleur lot from watching pre Jarvis visit. I think I was astonished at how they thought they could afford to pay off 450k & do up the place themselves whilst having 2 children to look after. Hotel Inspector would have had a field day with them even with their room rate they'll be in their dotage before they pay that loan off. I guess I just thought it smacked of arrogance & the bloody chair covering waste of hours of time with so much else to do.
Let's all check back with these chateaux in a year or two and see who's still in the game. Have you noticed that none of the chateau people seem to have any experience in the hospitality business? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Reactions: 12
Perhaps we are the bitter ones? Whilst majority of her fans go aw they are having so much fun all the joy we get from seeing them have mass parties. I’m here like whaaat seriously it’s been a year of being alone. Not sure if and when I’ll be able to see family. And idiots like them are going on like there is no care in the world spreading the virus.
I don't feel bitter about it, I feel enraged at the insensitivity of it. That in the middle of what is a terrible time for most people she is acting like a child instead of a woman old enough to be a grandma. How she wants to live her life would be fine if it was done in private but it takes a whole heap of arrogance to film and edit and upload your actions to YouTube. Plenty of time whilst doing that for a bit of thinking is this the right thing to do, but does it anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
BJJ could of course play himself. Or I am sure the Egyptologist friend of Jarvis could do it.
OMG! You mean Curtis? Another total weirdo that lives with his mother in South Africa. Where do these people come from? The only reason Fanny hasn't jumped his bones is that he's gay.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry but the pedant in me has to point out that "facts that don't mean nothing", actually mean something.
Apologies, I just can't help myself. I spend far too much time with a red pen in my hand.🤭
I imagine we all bring aspects of our day jobs here but battle to keep them under control. As my other half frequently points out, "No-one like a smarty pants dear!"
As a former teacher, I have to bite my tongue not to correct improper grammar. Like my spouse says, "If you know what I mean, that's enough."

So, how do we vote for a new thread?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
He better iron clad copyright his designs and make sure he gets any royalties for any future licensing from them... and do not let Angel Strawbridge get a whiff of them otherwise they’ll be all over Primark making them rich... rich I say... beyond their wildest dreams. Millions and millions of Dollah....

NorrisCS  - beep beep .. DB 5

Reactions: 3
Can anyone confirm if the 6 pm-6 am curfew is still in effect in France? I'm under the impression that during that time you can only travel for essential reasons (which doesn't include seeing friends) so why are we going shopping and making flower arrangements at friends' houses?
It is still in place.
No you can travel as you like. It's just a recommendation not to do so, but you are allowed to travel anywhere in France to see friends, family, or just sightsee or whatever.

I’m wondering if they went through the towns and not the autoroute to avoid being stopped by police? It’s lovely driving through these picturesque towns in France but not for 6 bloody hours!
You would not be stopped, not for this reason at least as it perfectly allowed.
I could drive tomorrow from Paris to the Alps for some snowy time, and then 3 days later to the south to see my mum, and then Bordeaux to see friends, a stop in Brittany to sightsee by the sea and back to Paris, all within 10 days and I would not have done anything against the measures in place right now in France, as long as I'm not outside between 6pm and 6am and I wear a mask wherever it's mandatory. Would not even need to get tested.
I could even stop by Spain at some point but I would need a negative test to enter Spain (done less than 72hours) but that's it. And would not need any justification (work or otherwise).
It's recommended not to, obviously, and most people would not, but you always have those who don't care about "just" recommendations.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
It was still in place when Sadie filmed her last video as she mentioned it. Unless it has changed.

many people get around it I guess. So even if it is still in place sj can claim they are traveling for work purposes.
Think the rules are similar over there that it is essential travel only outside of curfew and only if you cannot work from home. I am not sure Marie flower arrangements would be a good enough reason to not have a Zoom call between the 2 chateaux? It was a little jolly to get them out of the house.

Reactions: 4
A fair point regarding my comment on 'stupid Americans', thank you for the monitoring it reminds me of somewhere...oh wait...it is CD fans attacking people for any perceived transgression. As to my state of mind, indeed you are quick, considering i did state i was angry, how very perceptive of you! No need for armchair psychology as after all i did state it myself. However, why i am angry is not her revenue; it is the plain injustice of claiming money from people when she has it hidden away in trusts and property. I can make my own money, without selling my privacy and that my dear is something i am very proud of and not angry at all about!
@LimogesFairy
Please forgive me if I’ve offended you, you’re new here and don’t want you to feel unwelcome. Sorry if I was too harsh. 😞 Come back and post!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Love a good double negative me.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It is still in place.
No you can travel as you like. It's just a recommendation not to do so, but you are allowed to travel anywhere in France to see friends, family, or just sightsee or whatever.

You would not be stopped, not for this reason at least as it perfectly allowed.
I could drive tomorrow from Paris to the Alps for some snowy time, and then 3 days later to the south to see my mum, and then Bordeaux to see friends, a stop in Brittany to sightsee by the sea and back to Paris, all within 10 days and I would not have done anything against the measures in place right now in France, as long as I'm not outside between 6pm and 6am and I wear a mask wherever it's mandatory. Would not even need to get tested.
I could even stop by Spain at some point but I would need a negative test to enter Spain (done less than 72hours) but that's it. And would not need any justification (work or otherwise).
It's recommended not to, obviously, and most people would not, but you always have those who don't care about "just" recommendations.

France is doing as well as the rest of Europe in controlling the spread then!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I had a Covid test 2 weeks ago in France. Stopped off at the Mairie. Showed my Carte vitale. Had my nose investigated. Waited 15 mins in the adjacent room. Got my results. (Negative. Woohoo) Rural areas like Lalande have no queues. Busy cities are a nightmare of bustle and queues. There’s no reason for them to have had to wait for results. There’s a huge “depistage” campaign in France. It’s really easy to get tested and get almost instant results.
Sorry my point may have not been clear. At the time of vlog they do not have a negative trst result. After isolation at LaLa Chateau, they were tested THEN started driving and went to a public place, risking potential transmission from others. The negative test is pointless as they were not quarantined POST test until results. I appreciate risk is low but it annoys me the blatent disregard for public health. Like everyone travelling their at Christmas who made stops along the way - toilet, petrol, food.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
thread name suggestions
"roadkill fleurs for Le Fleur in Honfleur 🥀"
"Travelling during a pandemic: Non, ils ne regrettent rien! 🎼"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.