The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lululime Post 3672878 I vaguely remember that, but could you remind me what Marie did to get SJ's nose out of joint? Ta.
I suspect that Marie going off to UK for a new job, whilst ostensibly supported, probably didn’t go down well.....remember.....it’s Hotel California....

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not a friend at all

I’m a million miles away in NZ. Found CD during our lockdown and appreciate how SJ elevates spirits and encourages and includes her viewers. No matter how misguided some believe it to be, during the dark days of Covid 19 people have appreciated these sorts of shows as an escapism.
And that's exactly the point. She's selling fake comfort with an intent of grabbing as much as she can along the way. Sure people need escapism from the bad stuff floating around at the moment. Making money of that is just plain wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I live in NZ actually and I’m just saying it as I see it. I’m certainly not Hani...I’m a Granny 👵
Awwww

right so it was the style of writing that elicited the response .. if you are
MojoDublin Post 3673325 Is this a suggestion for the title of Thread #13?
@FrannyBee
It’s open to everyone - all suggestions get voted on

Since crygate were lashing threw the thread 🧵 and rather than thrall back to find the funny ones added that gem 💎

any other gems 💎 can be inserted same day on glossary 😎

Reactions: 2
I am not sure if he made up his mind before at all about what he wanted to achieve with this video, but am sure he will regret it. Lawyers are getting busy writing letters right now😂
It seems it was his response to people wondering where his vlogs had gone.Very odd response.Blame other people!

Reactions: 5
Nope that would be Prince Philip!
MP,33_4 I think

So wrong. I could tell that Cat could not wait for that group to be gone when they were at LaLande. She thought they were idiots, I could tell.
She's not daft!

I don't think anyone is against the show as entertainment, and a great mental escape to these times we're all living. I think that's why many of us are here, because we enjoy the vlogs (most of the time, except the shameful gift show) and in my case, I joined last year because I didn't feel free on YT (I don't belong to the FB groups or any other) to make any comments that seemed to question SJ or her cast of characters, without being called a troll.
I feel here there's freedom to express yourself about what you like and don't like about Stephanie and TCD, and make good fun of things too.
Haven't been around for a while, but I personally welcome you and hope you enjoy expressing yourself freely.
Bienvenue
;)
Mainly agree,but I love gift show!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I'm with you, no trust fund baby here :(
I know of people who travel the world couch surfing, doing odd jobs, selling stuff they handmake like bracelets, and somehow manage to see the world this way, backpacking. Who knows if they care about their future when they are old, and maybe yes, Lalande could be the perfect retirement home for them, so SJ is never alone.
bibisilver Post 367341 And Mummy could run it for her. Will she be able to run up all those stairs? She'll only be 93.

Reactions: 1
Michael Potts paid €89,000 on 27/05/2019 for a 80 m2 three-room apartment in the château, which included a share in all the land. I think, although I'm not sure, that the rest of the château is owned 50-50 by Stephanie and the camera-shy fellow with the bag over his head.

Stephanie's got a siret number (company registration number) for the chambres d'hôtes business but most of her (tax-free) income comes from her activities on YouTube. She's now getting nearly €20,000 a month from Patreon plus revenue from YouTube, which means there'll be a hefty tax bill to pay. Tax evasion in France is a very serious matter and is punishable by a hefty fine and/or a prison sentence.

According to my calculations, Stephanie should be paying €9,407 per month in tax.

And Michael Petherdick should be paying €970 per month in tax.

Stephanie's annual tax bill is/should be €112,884

Michael's annual tax bill is/should be €11,640
Surely that is why she has not spend any of the money on renovations yet. She is going to pay her taxes first.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Michael Potts paid €89,000 on 27/05/2019 for a 80 m2 three-room apartment in the château, which included a share in all the land. I think, although I'm not sure, that the rest of the château is owned 50-50 by Stephanie and the camera-shy fellow with the bag over his head.

Stephanie's got a siret number (company registration number) for the chambres d'hôtes business but most of her (tax-free) income comes from her activities on YouTube. She's now getting nearly €20,000 a month from Patreon plus revenue from YouTube, which means there'll be a hefty tax bill to pay. Tax evasion in France is a very serious matter and is punishable by a hefty fine and/or a prison sentence.

According to my calculations, Stephanie should be paying €9,407 per month in tax.

And Michael Petherdick should be paying €970 per month in tax.

Stephanie's annual tax bill is/should be €112,884

Michael's annual tax bill is/should be €11,640
How about their income from properties they rent out?

Surely that is why she has not spend any of the money on renovations yet. She is going to pay her taxes first.
Hahahahaha, yeah, right. So ignorance is still bliss?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She always thinks it's hilarious when people are working hard but Selmar is a grown man and responsible for taking care of his health when working. I tell ya, she is starting to behave like that imbecile Marie Antoinette of whom she is so proud to be associated with! And poor Selmar, he is a gentle soul. I can't stand his goofy laugh though (I know, I know very catty). I know that what I'm going to say is a horrible generalization, but I have known a few men in my life who get very sensitive about their cooking. They seem to think that whatever they turn out should be highly prized and admired by all. Personally, I wasn't impressed by those pastries. They were more an exercise in folding dough than turning out something delicious. I don't think Selmar was really into this whole cooking competition thing to begin with, it's not his forte. And when he originally said he was going to make his apple cake (which is really a pie) I thought "NO! Not again" it's a competition you need to up your game! I never did understand the banana thing at all.

Yes, a retirement home for moochers and other weirdos! They will definitely need to have a Patreon account and live chats to fund that.
Lady Chatalot Post 3673718. Yes, I've known a few men in my life who feel the same sensitivity about the size of their willy.

• Haha
MojoDublin Post 3673325
Please send a link for his page - I'm not techno savvy and need to be spoon fed. Other than that I leave you with "Captain (Colonel?) Tom. 100 years on and not a selfish bone in his body. Thank the gods for him balancing out the inhabitants of ShitO.
Adored cornel Tom - happy 😃 to cheer him on ... yes we donated

@Vaffle coined the thread name various ppl early on voted 🗳 as well
On the hour .. every hour
Tattlers don’t rattle

Tattle.life
💫💫💫💫 tattle glossary 💫💫💫💫

CD - The Chateau Diaries
Tarts boudoir - chateau de Lalande
HNW - heap in the middle of nowhere
Flat 34B - bolt hole 🕳 SJ 🇬🇧

LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony SJ
QBC- Queen of bed chambers - SJ
MB - Madame Boneyparts -SJ
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Fanny - Stephanie Jarvis

MMAF - Mad Man's Arse Face, i.e. mummy
Mini Apron - Isabel

Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze

Nitti/Nutty - Nati

Floral Roadkill (FRK / RK) Marie Wilkes

BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
Renfield - Philip

MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
MOLD - Man Of LOST Design
Crybaby - Michael Petherick
MPK - Michael Petherick (sir Trotter)
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Pa Trotter - Mr Petherick Esq
PILF: The only Petherick I'd like to be filmed with Pa Trotter

Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin)
from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Jumpsuit Jill - rabid serial deletor of unfan comments on premier 💴 chat

Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info

Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ

Thanks to @Rory for the SSB Main Squeeze Glossary:

1. Gregory Mason Clark - Husband and boyfriend, on and off at uni. SJ approx 18
2. Nic Larkin - apparently just friends at uni (but also dated according to CB?)
3. Married Husband 22-24???
4. Michael Potts met through Oliver Strong on and off 10 years. Open relationship in the end. Buys Chateau during relationship age 29.
5. Edmond Fokker van Craayenstein (player in tight trousers who pretends to be an aristocrat-BF with guy who said "let the 80 years-olds die off")
6. Mason Dwinell on and off (last we heard he is still staring at the sun?)
7. Ludwig Norweigner (otherwise known as Nordic Weirdo, alcoholic friend unceremoniously dumped at the train station without a ticket)
8. James Jardine (turned out to be "too much" for the girl who never has enough)
9. Various volunteers ad nauseum (bread oven guy Walton etc.)
10. BJJ (any port in a storm, eh Stephanie?)

Quote thread 🧵 votes 🗳

Vaffle said:
Tarts Budoir, a pushup bra and a smashed up car

DEE330CE-79D5-4C54-B77B-34EB94A3DEEE.jpeg

Last edited: Today at 12:03 AM

• Heart
  • Haha
So wrong. I could tell that Cat could not wait for that group to be gone when they were at LaLande. She thought they were idiots, I could tell.
Why did she go there then? And hang around? She could have left gift on doorstep...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I totally agree. SJ makes my skin crawl. I enjoy the volunteers at LaLande so much more than her insipid banterings. She is SO phony, I wonder what she is like when she is behaving naturally. (Which is probably why she DOESN'T behave naturally on camera, she has forgotten how.) And I recently figured out what it is that makes me dislike her so. She reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where a young kid is really some kind of monster and has gathered several unrelated people in a house he has conjured up. They're all terrified of him 'cause he has the ability to banish them to whatever Godforsaken place or thing he can think of at the moment. The Twilight Zone (Classic): It's A Good Life - A Very Bad Man - Bing video

Anyway, just my two cents.
. Scary for sure

Reactions: 4
Why did she go there then? And hang around? She could have left gift on doorstep...
That I do not know. She was not shown and I thought that Michael acted really strange while she was there. I figured she was going to do some video for SJ. None of it was shown though on Sj vlog. All of it was very strange for sure.

Reactions: 11
That I do not know. She was not shown and I thought that Michael acted really strange while she was there. I figured she was going to do some video for SJ. None of it was shown though on Sj vlog. All of it was very strange for sure.
I agree. It was strange. I think Stephanie wanted her to bring Michael his present. Cat did go on and on about still being able to smell him after he left. Maybe she crushing on him and wanted to see him again? He wasn’t very nice. He didn’t like that Phillip wrapped his gift and looked pretty strung out. Likely due to meeting the deadline and not wanting to be bothered. Given his current state of mind and all.

Reactions: 7
@brocanteusse

I don't think it is true, it might surprise you the level of intelligence the "stans" have. I think lock down has certainly helped vloggers with patreon accounts, and enabled some to exploit it more than others. When I watched the zoom interview a couple of weeks ago after suffering 90mins of tripe, the audience who at times scared me as to whether they were actually breathing at times suddenly came alive when they could speak at the end, it was very sad because some of these people are very lonely that doesnt make them idiots. Yes for some of us it is cringe worthy but for others its a lifeline. I think patreon should have a ceiling of 5 or per month, thats reasonable. I think if the young couple want to spend €200 thats not a problem they need content for their vlogs, they have done serious work to date all on a budget I don;t think they are being extravagant they deserve a chance. I dont see designer labels etc. I think there is a fine line between being a critique & being nasty. Now that there are so many new members show them that we are a reasonable bunch with some concerns/questions & not a nasty bunch of trolls out to give anyone who wants to make a go of it a hard time. Because SJ & MPK have gone to town on funding it doesnt mean everyone has the same objectives.
I had watched that couple initially and thought great ! It was then their association with SJ and FRK AND the setting up, so early, of a Patreon account that deterred me. It reeks of jumping on the bandwagon and ‘grabbing a slice of the action’ and also the motivated by mo et thing which I personally, abhor, from these chateau owners. Phillip and Anna had that choice to make and they chose to align with the Chateau Lalande crew (btw I was a huge fan of SJ and still love those earlier more charming vlogs) This money grab is so vulgar. Particularly from new kids on the block.

Credit where credit is due at least SJ had a whole backlog of vlogs before she went and did Patreon )and the too awful for words CATC). I felt disappointed that Phillip and Anna did all this, right now. They initially seemed so untarnished (like earlier SJ).

Having said that, someone here persuaded me to give them another go, so I did, and I enjoyed there natural way infront of the camera. Anna is lovely and also natural with a gentle but good natured manner. They look as though they get on well.So, for the time being I will add them to my watch list. Though I won’t be a Patreon !

Reactions: 8
The comments are all so positive from both sides.
I don’t doubt it.....likely the workaways (those who are providing actual physical labour to renovate, like the 2 magic plasterers) will be getting paid something and the owner is saving at least €200-€300 per day by not calling in local artisans.....everyone’s a winner ! Oh...other than the local artisan who’s not getting paid to do a proper job

if I recall the man who owns this is French...so no excuses ....he cannot blame lack of knowledge of the rules

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.